[drama 2008] The Scales Of Providence / God's Balance 신의 저울

Guest huangsy

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Luv, for all your wonderful caps! :D

Ep. 15

Prosecutor Kim thinks over what Lawyer Noh asked him - Do you love your son?

Noh tells him Hong will come find him later and tells Kim to make his decision about the arrest(?)/search warrant until afterwards.

WB's mother begs him not to meet with Eun Ji's brother. WB says he must encounter him once...the guy already came to their house - what if Father finds out?

Eun Ji's brother calls WB and switches the meeting place to the rooftop room.

WB ignores his father's call.

Kim tells Jung to hold off on the search warrant/arrest until tomorrow. Jung tells the team to hold off and suspects that Noh must have gotten to Kim.

JH's flashback to the rainy night when SR came to his apartment offering evidence against Shin Myung. JH declines SR's help, saying they can do it on their own. SR tells JH that the moment they get the evidence against Shin Myung, her father will go to Kim Hyuk Jae and confront him with the facts about his son being a killer. She reminds JH that she had already warned him that he would be up against more than just WB to free YH. He'd be going up against her father.

WB offers Oh 10 million won, and he laughs and throws it back in face. Oh says, then all I have to do is give your mother 10 million, right? (as compensation for WB's death)

JH arrives with detectives just in time to save WB, and they take Oh away.

JH has one last request for WB. He says Kim Hyuk Jae is a teacher and like a father to him. JH asks WB not to let Kim Hyuk Jae fall/crash because of him (WB).

WB scoffs and says the one to make his father fall would be JH. If JH continues, then YH will be the one in danger. WB says JH won't be able to indict him, even with that little evidence...and because of YJ (being the prosecutor).

Hong tells Kim Hyuk Jae that WB is the real culprit in JH's brother's case. He also tells him that JH has known this fact for a while and says Kim has raised a tiger.

Kim tells his wife to call WB. She says WB did absolutely nothing wrong. He finds out she already knew about this.

JH goes to see YJ, upset that she hasn't made her decision. He reminds her that each day is torture to YH. YJ says there's not enough evidence to indict WB. WB will says that he lost the keychain, and Im Duk Soo's eyewitness testimony is not enough (since he's the attempted rapist).

JH has a plan to get irrefutable evidence. He shows YJ a second keychain and tells her to listen carefully....

YJ doesn't like JH's plan. She says WB is also a victim. It was self-defense. JH says that's exactly what he can't bear - that WB hid it merely because he didn't want it messing up his life. Because of that, JH's mother died, and YH went to prison. JH can't forgive that selfishness. WB let someone else take the blame without any conscience. That's what JH cannot forgive.

JH then tells YJ about Shin Myung using this to threaten Kim Hyuk Jae. Is she just going to stand by and let that happen?

WB's mother tells Kim that she stopped WB from turning himself in. Kim is angry that she didn't tell him about it. She reminds him that he was the one who turned in her brother. She says that WB suffered enough. He was so tormented when he found out that it was JH's brother.

Kim tells her angrily that YH is serving a life-sentence, and his mother gave her life to try to save him...and yet, knowing all that, she (WB's mother) still stopped WB from turning himself in? She says that WB is most important, not the law.

Kim says that it was self-defense. If she had only told him back then, it could have been resolved so easily. She blames Kim, saying that if it weren't for his pursuit against President Hwangbo, WB would have told him.

WB comes home and tells his father that he doesn't want to turn himself in. Even if it's ruled self-defense, he doesn't have the confidence to live with the blame. People will point fingers at him, saying he got a self-defense verdict because of his father. How can he face his clients, then?

WB begs his father to turn a blind eye...just this once.

Kim tells WB to sit and asks him if he ever saw his grandfather cry. Kim tells the story of how, when he was in junior high school, he saw his own father crying. He was so sad, he cried with his father. And whenever things got too difficult to endure, he thought back to that day and how difficult it must have been for his father to have cried like that. He tells WB that whenever WB says he doesn't have the confidence, like when WB said he was joining Shin Myung...and like today, Kim can't breathe and he crumbles.

WB's grandfather showed Kim everything with those tears, but Kim wonders whether he's really ever done anything for WB. He thinks that, with his own life, he must have not shown WB anything. He wants to do everything he can for WB, but he's not sure what really is for the WB's true benefit...for WB's true happiness. He tells WB that they both should take some time...

WB's mother comes in and says she'll take all the blame...just let WB go this one time.

YJ visits YH at the prison. YH asks if she's caught the culprit. YJ says - almost. YJ asks YH that if she catches the culprit, will YH forgive him? YH asks if it's someone she knows. She says yes and says she wants to beg for forgiveness in place of that person.

YJ calls JH and tells him she'll do what he asks.

YJ calls WB to meet for lunch. A clerk delivers evidence (including the two keychains) to YJ in front of WB.

YJ asks WB to drop her off, so she can have the keychain (in the plastic bag) analyzed. She says that while reviewing the crime scene photos, she noticed that there was blood on the keychain. If the blood is Im Duk Soo's, then there'll will be irrefutable proof against him.

WB says that JH has been carrying that thing around. YJ reminds him of that famous case where microscopic blood was still found in the bathtub.

JH calls YJ, and she pretends to talk about one of her cases. WB switches the keychains while she's out of the car.

JH is waiting for YJ and WB when they arrive. JH confirms that WB switched the keychains and reminds WB that he clearly described the real keychain to him before.

Jung and the rest of the team can't understand why Kim is waiting to file the warrant.

Noh calls Kim and tells him about WB's arrest...and that it's time to make his decision.

Ep. 16

Kim gives the order to strike Shin Myung.

He calls YJ, who apologizes for not telling him beforehand. Kim tells her that they're going after Shin Myung and says - if they can't catch people who think they're above the law, then what use is the Prosecutor's Office?

He gives YJ his request, as the defendant's father, for her to be just and fair. He's proud of YJ being his daughter-in-law...he wasn't sure which way to go, but she helped him (by arresting WB). He asks YJ to tell WB about the warrant for Shin Myung, so he can be a bit at ease during the investigation.

JH thanks Kim for making his decision. Kim says he picked JH well - a prosecutor must be tough like JH. He asks how JH endured it all alone without telling him. JH says he couldn't tell him and apologizes. Kim is ashamed to face JH and says he wants to kneel before him. He says it must have been hard for JH and apologizes for not deciding sooner. He keeps saying sorry to JH.

WB refuses to believe that his father is hitting Shin Myung. He's mad at YJ for deceiving him about the blood on the keychains...and the alleged picture of the culprit on Eun Ji's cell phone.

Hong comes in...but receives a phone call from Noh. Hong tells YJ that even though WB was engaged to her, he was planning on becoming Noh's son-in-law. Hong tells WB to face up to his punishment for killing someone.

YJ tells WB to begin the interrogation.

The Prosecutors arrive at Shin Myung and start gathering evidence.

YJ interrogates WB. WB says he confirmed that Eun Ji was dead. It was self-defense. YJ asks, then why did he take the plastic cover off the book and erase evidence before running away. WB says it was an accident, and he didn't want to lose everything. YJ says because of his greed, JH was falsely accused and a person (JH's mother) died. WB then accuses YJ of turning away from the truth because of not wanting to lose her own feelings.

WB's mother calls YJ yelling - how dare you!!! And she insults YJ some more...saying YJ dares to block WB's future... Then she sees the news of WB's arrest on the TV and faints.

At the hospital, WB sees the news about him and that it's unsure whether his father covered up the incident. WB sees the people watching the news cursing his father.

Jung talks to JH and reassures him. JH realizes that there was more to the situation than WB's selfishness - back then Kim was going after Pres. Hwangbo and JD Group, and the incident would have hurt the prosecution.

WB wonders if his father knows about the news and thinks he probably does. YJ tells WB that his father is the one who is hurting most right now.

Outside, YJ tells WB to think farther. It's because his father loves him....WB doesn't want to hear anymore and tells YJ to ask the questions she really wants to hear the answers to. YJ turns to leave, so WB gives her the answers anyways. He never loved her. He only pretended to love her so she wouldn't find out that he went to the rooftop room that night.

YJ regrets giving him the keychain. Because of it, it must have been so hard for him to pretend he loved her. But she couldn't watch him destroy himself. That's why she laid the trap. He may have forgotten, but she still remembers how he good a person he is. It's okay if he doesn't love her. Just return to the good person he was.

SR brings JH dinner and asks if he's not coveting that CD that he refused before...

(I didn't catch the whole conversation, but basically, SR is rejected again and decides that they are now opponents.)

YJ tells Kim the results of her investigation - it was self-defense.

Kim asks if she saw the news and tells her to charge him with assault and accidental homicide instead. He wants it to be self-defense, too, but he tells YJ to think about what would happen to WB with that charge. WB has to live with fingers pointed at him for the rest of his life. He has to go to trial and get acknowledged with self-defense there in order for him to live.

YJ tells JH that people wouldn't be able to even dream that being the son of a law man makes it even harder to be treated fairly by the law. JH says that maybe being tried for something he didn't do will help WB to understand a little of what YH went through. YJ tells JH that YH will be released soon, since they found the true culprits.

YJ apologizes to JH for making things more difficult. JH says he knew she would see the truth. YJ thanks him for waiting until she was ready.

YH is released from prison.

The Prosecution team are still looking for evidence to indict Shin Myung. The Blue House Chief of Staff calls Kim and congratulates him for (??-transfer? resignation?). Everyone knows it's Shin Myung's doing.

Jung angrily tells Hong that Kim Hyuk Jae is not the only one in the Prosecutors's Office who can wield a knife. Hong tells Jung not to be stupid. Shin Myung's annual salary is $1 million and can be his lifeline (paycheck giver), too.

Kim Hyuk Jae meets with his old friend fishing (looks like the judge on the Hwangbo case that resigned).

WB's mother is in hysterics. WB was fired from Shin Myung, and his belongings were sent home via delivery service.

Outside, Kim kneels, crying, and apologizes to his father. WB sees his father crying and asks him to go in. Kim asks why [the burden of] living is so heavy. WB apologizes to his father.

Because WB is being prosecuted by the same office, Kim resigns.

Kim's friend (the ex-judge) defends WB at trial. The judge asks WB if he has any final words. WB says he's a criminal. He allowed and innocent person to be falsely accused and didn't reveal the truth. Furthermore, he went on to law school and became a lawyer. He asks for a chance in the court to beg YH for his forgiveness.

Hak Bum and Min Tae get a client who's husband's death was ruled suicide by the insurance company. The man worked for Tae Guk Airlines, which was recently acquired by Pax Korea, so his death is suspicious.

YH picks up WB on their way to Kim's birthday. He says JH went on ahead first, but since he didn't have a chance, he wants to stop to get a present. WB says that seeing their youngest son (looks like JH and YH were unofficially "adopted" into the family) will be present enough.

They pick up YJ (YJ and WB are married).

Kim and JH are out hiking. JH plans on prosecuting Shin Myung (based on HB's findings). Kim tells him to move quietly and carefully.

Kim gives him words of wisdom on being a prosecutor.

Guest babymarzy07

thank you hjkomo!! finally donwloaded it.

gaaahhhh that was one weird ending for me..

i dont get it.. why wb and yj got married despite that whole thing.

honestly, if they dating or something well..

and the fact that he didnt love her. well i guess yj's love really blinded her in a way.

oh and that adoption thing was too extreme for me.

i mean sure u forgive WB, you guys are on good terms.

but to adopt them doesnt make sense.. i know JH likes Prof Kim a lot and is like a second dad..

but geeezz i still cant stand WB's attitude. and yes, he repented but that was like sooo little compared to the stuff JH and YH went through.

well sure it was defense. but id rule it to be obstruction of justice, manslaughter that self defense assault.

his dad is really nice. and i dont know why it suddenly became all happy ending.

maybe cause of the part 2. but i find it odd. but nonetheless, id say the drama was good overall.

just that i was sorta not so happy about the ending. i didnt expect it either.. but oh well..

just for me. dont know about everyone else.

Thank you Luv and hjkomo :wub:

Babymarzy07 I agree, the adoption is too extreme. The only thing I can think of is that in Korea having parents is very important. So the two 'orphans' being adopted by Mr. Kim and his nasty wife will bring them some benefits (I guess :blink: )

But here's the real deal. How can two sons accept a woman as their mother when they know she virtually is the reason behind their tragic life. Moreover, her greed and disregard for anyone else is the reason why their real mother is DEAD. Not sleeping, not missing but dead!

Who knows, maybe they will accidentally kill her and make it up by becoming the dual Godfathers of WB and YJ child. :unsure:

As far as YJ is concerned, She is a grown woman equipped with the ability to rationalize any given situation. Therefore, she has made her bed, and she knows the bed is on fire yet she chooses to lay in it anyway. She's walking into the situation Eyes wide shut.

Guest babymarzy07

Thank you Luv and hjkomo :wub:

Babymarzy07 I agree, the adoption is too extreme. The only thing I can think of is that in Korea having parents is very important. So the two 'orphans' being adopted by Mr. Kim and his nasty wife will bring them some benefits (I guess :blink: )

But here's the real deal. How can two sons accept a woman as their mother when they know she virtually is the reason behind their tragic life. Moreover, her greed and disregard for anyone else is the reason why their real mother is DEAD. Not sleeping, not missing but dead!

Who knows, maybe they will accidentally kill her and make it up by becoming the dual Godfathers of HB and YJ child. :unsure:

As far as YJ is concerned, She is a grown woman equipped with the ability to rationalize any given situation. Therefore, she has made her bed, and she knows the bed is on fire yet she chooses to lay in it anyway. She's walking into the situation Eyes wide shut.

ahhh, very well said gerryg. i guess adoption is important.. but for me, if i were to live with the person who tormented and practically was a main reason for their tragedies and see her everyday.. thats really hard to take.

lol at the accidentally kill her, hey JH is a good prosecutor he can say the step mom tried to kill and had to act in self defense. :rolleyes:

well, i feel bad for YJ but still she choose this for herself so i guess goodluck. so basically, YH didnt get the girl nor did JH. but obviously not the main story.

the ending felt anti climatic for me.. but yeah well.. i guess it better for a sequel..

thanks Luv dear for the caps :)

Thanks hjkomo for the summary

gaaahhhh that was one weird ending for me..

i dont get it.. why wb and yj got married despite that whole thing.

honestly, if they dating or something well..

and the fact that he didnt love her. well i guess yj's love really blinded her in a way.

oh and that adoption thing was too extreme for me.

i mean sure u forgive WB, you guys are on good terms.

but to adopt them doesnt make sense.. i know JH likes Prof Kim a lot and is like a second dad..

but geeezz i still cant stand WB's attitude. and yes, he repented but that was like sooo little compared to the stuff JH and YH went through.

well sure it was defense. but id rule it to be obstruction of justice, manslaughter that self defense assault.

his dad is really nice. and i dont know why it suddenly became all happy ending.

maybe cause of the part 2. but i find it odd. but nonetheless, id say the drama was good overall.

just that i was sorta not so happy about the ending. i didnt expect it either.. but oh well..

just for me. dont know about everyone else.

Yes I agree with you and all about the ending >_< feels like it's being force to be a happy ending :P

There's so many think surrounding my head ^^ Ok, JH have forgive WB, YJ finally married with WB? although she knows both WB and his mother just using her and those adopted thing? Oh my this is all to "fairy tale" for me.... anyway, despite all I would say that this was a good drama.

How can JH & YH easily forgive them??? *phew! enough for the day*

Thanks hjkomo for the summary

Yes I agree with you and all about the ending >_< feels like it's being force to be a happy ending :P

There's so many think surrounding my head ^^ Ok, JH have forgive WB, YJ finally married with WB? although she knows both WB and his mother just using her and those adopted thing? Oh my this is all to "fairy tale" for me.... anyway, despite all I would say that this was a good drama.

How can JH & YH easily forgive them??? *phew! enough for the day*

I think the kdrama scriptwriters have got their signals crossed. Sure, viewers such as ourselfves get tired of them taking a perfect romantic comdey and turning it into tragic hell. So I guess they figure we want tragic hell turned into a romantic comedy :phew: ... NOT!

Scriptwriter really have a hard time ending well. Why is that? :unsure:

I thought this was a very good thriller, but, well, I agree the ending was odd. For one thing, how on earth could Yeong-joo stay on the case even after seeing Woo-bin was involved? Interrogate, as prosecutor, the guy she was engaged to?

Then, the final ending and its incomprehensible "all is forgiven" atmosphere... The only way I can understand this is that they are setting things up for a sequel. I mean, it is clear that Se-ra's father is up to no good and should be stopped. Also, Se-ra's and Joon-ha's relationship can be worked on, easily. Woo-bin can be brought in and involved in the airline case. Yeong-ha can provide transportation; Yeong-joo's father, food.

Guest babymarzy07

I think the kdrama scriptwriters have got their signals crossed. Sure, viewers such as ourselfves get tired of them taking a perfect romantic comdey and turning it into tragic hell. So I guess they figure we want tragic hell turned into a romantic comedy :phew: ... NOT!

Scriptwriter really have a hard time ending well. Why is that? :unsure:

Hmmm maybe the writer is so good writer of suspense/tragedy.. but of a good ending noooo..

Oh well.. such a disappointment.

But surely, its set up for a sequel.

Maybe the PD or the high powers told them to change the ending to suit a sequel.

Gah, WB getting like any sentence that involved jail even for like a 1 year or so.

No adoption, YJ not marrying into that.

That would have been better. Just YH free, forgiveness.

Some sort of closure for JH.

To setup the sequel, the airline plot. Or something.

I just wanted to scream at YJ personally. Honestly, after the guy tricked you just oh feel sorry

since he said he admitted his mistake and marry him anyway.

WB on the other hand, felt bad about doing that to her and feels like her should at least go through with it. since YJ is making his problem easier.

Sure, it takes guts to do that prosecute the son.

But wahhh, it was like he was let of the hook.

Its like JH against Shin Myun Firm in the next sequel which isnt exactly that interesting.

Too bad since start till ep14 was awesome. <_<

why does there's no more available raw episodes of this in clubbox???

last time i visit clubbox there are lots of raw videos of this and now spoof it's all gone :huh: ???

where all the videos had gone???

Guest lucky_moon

why does there's no more available raw episodes of this in clubbox???

last time i visit clubbox there are lots of raw videos of this and now spoof it's all gone :huh: ???

where all the videos had gone???

How come they deleted the files, I have it all & CB Link :D.. ( u need a CB account)

Ep7 - Ep16

Ep1 - Ep6

Archived