[drama 2008] The Scales Of Providence / God's Balance 신의 저울

Guest huangsy

Why is their relationship doomed?

Because Woo Bin was caught lying too many times. :)

They kind of stop talking to each other.

They had a mock trial and they're on the opposite sides too so things are pretty tense for everyone.

I was teasing hjkomo when I said "relationship"...hehe...since she posted the "man-love" pictures...hehe...

Episode 9:

sop4aj3.jpg

sop5le0.jpg

sop6cb1.jpg

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hjkomo

Thank you, Luv! The episodes look good from the caps. Can't wait to watch! :D

Haha...."doomed relationship" :lol:

That'll help us all in trying to erase the man-love scenes from our memories. :lol:

Thank you, Luv! The episodes look good from the caps. Can't wait to watch! :D

Haha...."doomed relationship" :lol:

That'll help us all in trying to erase the man-love scenes from our memories. :lol:

:lol: That's such a worthy yet funny thought! :lol:

Guest uiuiui

Oh well, their relationship would have no future anyway, might as well head for the gloom. :P

Thanks Luv for the caps. Looking at the last shot, JH is walking by and WB is opening the gate. Sadness reflected in JH's eyes. Cry for mistaken love? :P Can't wait for hj's summaries. :)

Guest senalee

Just wanted to vent that WOOBIN IS a FREAKIN JERK!!!!!!!! uhhhhh

watching the last two episodes are making so tense!

I actually felt bad for Woo Bin in the beginning not anymore!!!!

And the mom of his wow...i see where Woobin get's his deceitfulness from.

Also what is with Sera's mom..wow didn't even know she would have one.

Also does anyone know what that HongKangPyo is so angry and bitter against WooBIn's DAd?

okay i think i'm done venting..

hehehehe...

Guest hjkomo

Ep. 9

YJ asks Woo Bin if it's alright that she tells Joon Ha that the keychain is WB's. WB gets angry and say to go ahead - or should he just tell JH himself? WB's says he's disappointed in YJ - he already told her the reason he didn't want to tell JH. Is that all she thinks of him? Does she really think that he could have killed that girl?

YJ says that the landlord's son saw him and even knew that he was wearing a black cap. WB is astonished that YJ would believe that retard. He probably only saw them (WB and YJ) in the neighborhood that night. YJ believes him and says she didn't think of that possibility. WB tells her it's over between them.

YJ texts JH that she's sorry but she'll meet him next time. She hears JH's phone beep and realizes that he heard her argument with WB.

YJ tells JH that WB was too drunk to remember that she gave him the keychain - no, she only put it in his pocket. He lost it that night. Eun Ji could have picked it up. And the landlord's son only saw them at the bottom of the hill.

JH asks how she can be so sure. YJ replies - if that's not it, then...is WB a rapist and murderer?

YJ paces in her room trying to call WB. SR tells YJ to give WB up if it's going to cause her so much stress. YJ says she'll go to the end (not give up on her relationship with WB). She'll just be more understanding, considerate, and loving. That'll do.

SR comments that YJ seems more troubled and tormented. Why should it be like that?

JH goes to see Deuk Sul (the landlady's son). JH asks him where he saw WB - the rooftop room, the stairs, down at the bottom? DS shakes his head frantically and then says he thought the hammer would win against the book.

WB tells his mother about JH finding out he was at the rooftop room and about the keychain YJ gave him. His mother tells him not to worry about the eyewitness because he's mentally-challenged. No one will believe him.

WB says that even YJ is doubting WB. After finding out that YJ likes WB, his mother tells him not to worry - she'll take care of it.

Min Tae tells Hak Bum the secret about Se Ra's father being from Korea's top law firm.

JH calls WB to meet. JH says he wants to believe WB and asks WB to tell him the everything.

WB says he only found out about the keychain yesterday (because he doesn't remember receiving it) and, thus, claims he must have lost it.

JH asks how he can remember that he did not go to the rooftop room if he didn't even remember getting (and losing) the keychain. WB says because he doesn't remember going there - so, that's why he said he didn't go.

WB says he was so drunk and claims that if he had gone there, wouldn't there be evidence of his presence? Plus, there's no one who saw him there.

WB says his mother said he had scrapes on his hands and knees, so he must have fallen down somewhere, and that's where he lost the keychain. Eun Ji could have picked it up.

He tells JH that he read Young Ha's trial documents, too, and tried to think of some way to help YH. He just thought that telling JH about the keychain would make things more confusing. That's why he asked YJ not to tell JH.

JH tells WB that Im Deuk Sul saw the hammer/book fight and even though people dismiss him as being retarded, JH doesn't think so. WB claims Deuk Sul could have heard the police talking about the case. Deuk Sul probably hung around them during the investigation.

JH believes WB and says that he had really hoped WB wasn't the culprit, too.

...until JH sees WB's notebook which said - "preceding offense" and "self-defense?!"

JH asks WB about it, but WB nervously says it's for a different case he's researching, not Eun Ji's.

After class, JH asks which case it is so he can research it, too, but WB can't remember.

After YJ meets with WB's mother, all her doubts about WB are gone, thinking - If he had committed a crime, would he have introduced me to his mother?

JH asks Kim Huk Jae (WB's father) to use Young Ha's case for their mock trial.

JH volunteers to be the defense attorney. WB chooses to be the prosecutor, and nominates YJ to be the presiding judge.

WB tells YJ that he will prove that the defendent in this case (Young Ha) is the true culprit.

Guest hjkomo

Just wanted to vent that WOOBIN IS a FREAKIN JERK!!!!!!!! uhhhhh

watching the last two episodes are making so tense!

I actually felt bad for Woo Bin in the beginning not anymore!!!!

And the mom of his wow...i see where Woobin get's his deceitfulness from.

Also what is with Sera's mom..wow didn't even know she would have one.

Also does anyone know what that HongKangPyo is so angry and bitter against WooBIn's DAd?

okay i think i'm done venting..

hehehehe...

I'm right there with you. Can't stand Woo Bin now. :fury:

Ep. 10 was hard to watch because it made me so tense. :wacko:

I think Hong was angry because Kim Huk Jae put him down in a way.

Hong said something like - a famous lawyer is one who can get the accused to confess (whether or not he's guilty) and then get him to settle with the victim.

Then Kim said - Aren't you ashamed of that kind of reality? How can you talk like that so enthusiastically? People don't know the law very well and are relying on us to make the right judgments.

It looks like Hong is Lawyer Noh's mole (and Noh's cell phone caller ID lists Hong as a rat).

There was lots of legal jargon (hard to understand), so here's just some notes on Ep. 10.

During the mock trial, WB brings up the issue of the law book cover first. He claims that the defendent was the one to remove it. To counter JH's claim that the defendent's fingerprints were not found on the murder weapon (the dumbbell), WB states that the victim's head could have hit the dumbbell (rather than the dumbbell being picked up and used to hit the victim).

HB brings JH food because he hasn't eaten. They both don't think of WB as a rapist. JH thinks there could have been someone else (for the rape part of the crime)... and that WB could have killed Eun Ji accidentally. (JH is slowly starting to put the pieces together.)

WB brings YJ coffee. She firmly believes that Young Ha didn't kill Eun Ji. WB says it was Young Ha and that the murder could have been a mistake.

WB reminds YJ that she's a judge and tells her not to make judgements based on emotions. <_<

The mock trial resumes.

JH uses dummies to demonstrate how the victim could have been killed in self-defense.

The defendant is questioned about the taxi meter (don't know what it is exactly). WB accuses the defendant of breaking intentionally on the night of the murder to cover his tracks, but Se Ra points out that it could have been broken before. The defendant says it was broken 4 days earlier, which can be proved.

(I like how they inserted Young Ha into the mock trial when the defendant was being questioned.)

JH shows a slide of the keychain and states that it belongs to the true culprit.

Justice may be blind, but he asks the jury to open their eyes and reveal the truth.

The jury reaches their verdict of guilty - by an 8 to 1 vote (Se Ra being the one 'not guilty' vote).

WB's mom asked his dad to go meet YJ's dad, so he takes WB, YJ and Jung to YJ's dad's restaurant.

WB says he wants to get engaged to YJ before they graduate.

Jung tells Hong not to come with them to the restaurant, so Hong takes Hak Bum drinking instead. There, HB accidently lets it slip that WB did amazingly, despite all the suspicions against him. Hong makes him tell him all the details, which he then relays to Lawyer Noh.

Guest uiuiui

Thanks hj for the summaries. Only 6 eps to go. Things should be moving at a faster pace now I hope. :)

Its ratings are on the rise again. Hopefully it'll break 20. :D

Out of topic but, has SCU shed some weight? :rolleyes: He looks slimmer and even his face looks smaller to me than when he was in Golden Bride. Personally, I'd prefer his chubby look better. :D

Guest lucky_moon

bannerzk7.png

Translator: senalee

Timer: lucky_kiss

Editor:plumangel3

Final Editing/QC:lucky_kiss

Episode 2 *Ental*

Translators: senalee & rinhime

Timer: babymarzy07

Editors:plumangel3 & XxVietGurlxX

Final Editing/QC:lucky_kiss

Episode 3 *Ental*