Harry Potter Or Twilight?

lsl25

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Humilious

HARRY POTTER>TWILIGHT

Harry Potter formed a whole society. The Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts, mail system, school system, criminals, etc. Twilight basically has the society formed around it. The author just puts a love story into the society.

Guest JiSuLee

i dont think you could compare twilight with harry potter

T_T im a major fan of both books but harry potter is a classic.

They're completely two different genres.

I'm a majjjjjjjjjjjjjor harry potter fan T_T

but yeah. Definetly HarryPotter. Can't compare that with any other book.

Guest IlikeChicken

I don't even know how people could compare Harry Potter to Twilight.

How Twilight even got so big? Mind boggling. I can see why girls who are into sappy romance would love to read it but it isn't anything really big to remember-A little bit cliche. I felt like I was reading some fangirl's diary too (Bella scared me sometimes)

But then again, I'm a guy. Maybe It's because I'm not "dazzled" by Edward or something lol

Guest christee8876

Harry Potter.

Twilight is so overrated. I didn't couldn't bring myself to finish the first book because it dragged on so much.

Guest syungie

I was originally a HP fan, but once I read Twilight, I loved it as well. It's hard to say, but I have to say that I like HP the best. Not because I'm a diehard HP fan, but because there is more depth with HP. A lot of thought was put into making it. It was made so that it makes it believable that there could be a diagon alley or the leaky couldron that we can't see b/c we're regular humans instead of witches and wizards. haha... Twilight is simple in the sense that it''s about a vampire and human falling in love. The basic plot of Hp is simple b/c like a cliche, it's about good and evil. Harry trying to defeat Voldemort. But it creates more depth because of all the trials that Harry goes through. haha..but this is my own thoughts so opinions may vary. I think I rambled so I'm not sure if it made sense... :sweatingbullets:

Guest 정유미

twilight. i was one of the few who weren't really affected by the whole harry potter craze. it was too unrealistic for me. oh well, twilight is unrealistic, too, but i love how aside from the presence of vampires and werewolves, the characters are easy to relate to.

Guest daisie

Lol @ people saying 'I read the first page/few pages of *insert book name* and then got bored' - how the frick are you supposed to decide a book's quality from the first few pages?

I had only heard of Twilight through Soompi, and really, it has a fighting chance of being the trashiest book I've ever read. And I've read some stinkers.

Guest xjujux

^ I agree, you can't really judge the book by just reading the first few pages :blink:

ah, twilight & harry potter get compared so much.

this question is like seriously hard.

even though I simply love twilight and it's one of my favorite books,

the harry potter series is one of those legendary books.

for me, it's like whether you like it or not, you have to read it because it's that important xD

so I say, harry potter.

Guest redmoon123

I've read both and I have to go with Harry Potter. I like vampires but I have to say the romance is really cheesy sometimes in Twilight (just my opinion, fans don't be angry please :sweatingbullets: )

Guest gouka_odoriko

Now that I have read the twilight book 1...

I just cant figure out now who...cause I have finished book 7 of J.K...it's just so hard to choose :(

If you ask about characters...I'm with TWILIGHT! hahaha!!!

Guest MeiHearts

HARRY POTTER

IMO, I don't think Twilight can compare to the success and awesomeness of harry potter.. lol.

-sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

Guest Babysoul

Honestly?! What a hard question! Wait.. No, not really...

Even though I have not finished either series (still stuck on Order of the Phoenix & haven't read Breaking Dawn), Harry Potter owns Twilight. Twilight series is a really easy read but Harry Potter is intriguing, it leaves me captivated.

I totally agree that Twilight is overrated. Edward is way too perfect, Bella is so stupid sometimes and the plot is so predictable. Yet, I'm still drawn to Twilight and I want to read Breaking Dawn so, so bad!

I really wish I could finish the Harry Potter series, but Order of the Phoenix is so draggy... That's the reason why I stopped reading it (I wanted to finish the HP series last summer).

Since I keep dragging on and on, and it's not clear what my answer is:

Harry Potter > Twilight

(sorry Edward <3)

TWILIGHT even though I'm only on the 4th chapter.

I am falling in love with EDWARD already, the words that

the author uses to describe him makes me believe that he's

the most handsomest boy on earth. *drool*. I just got the book

from the library today. #98 on the waiting list, finally!

I'm more into romance novels then adventure/which crafts stories.

Harry Potter died for me after uhmm about 5th grade ?

Guest tranceeee

TWiLIGHT! <3

when you pick the book up, you'll never want to let go...but as for harry potter...some bits were incredibly boring (no offence)

Archived