All About Mineral Makeup

deppstar

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For EDM, does anyone know what shade if just slightly yellower than Fair Neutral? or what other shade I could mix with Fair Neutral to make it slightly yellower?

try golden fair, golden light. or olive fair. :sweatingbullets: golden fair is a very light colour (around NC15) with yellow and peachy undertones. golden light is the same shade as fawn with yellow and beige undertones.

strong yellow undertones will be fawn and winged butter. :sweatingbullets:

anyway, discount for everydayminerals till end of june. 10% off. they are launching new blusher and lipgloss colours.

code : LastWeekinJune

Guest SophiaSan

hmm i am currently using sheer cover, it's not that bad.

if you go super close to my face, you can tell and it's a bit cakey looking. hehe

^ you can use kabuki brushes and even flat top brushes. I personally like flat top brushes more than kabuki ones when applying makeup. Kabuki gives you this light coverage, if you want to go heavier try the flat top brush. It gives this even and matte look.

Guest itadakimasu_^_^

ive tried everyday minerals but i still break out

im trying lumiere and meow now - i'm ordering my samples tomorow

i hear from vouge that they have heavier coverage while with EM u need to concelors

all of these don't contain bismuth so hopefully they go good :D

Guest jasmineaura

i have really been enjoying my everday minerals samples. foundation-wise i have:

-Golden Medium in Semi-matte

-Olive Medium in Semi-matte

-Medium Beige Neutral in Matte

-Golden Medium in Intensive

-Light Olive in Intensive

-Winged Butter in Intensive

I have yellow undertones and i think slightly olive. I also have extremely oily skin. My opinion is that the Semi-Matte formula is best for those who have dry/normal skin and simply wants to even out their skin tone a bit. If you're looking for good coverage or have somewhat oily skin then I definitely wouldn't recommend Semi-Matte. Matte should work well for those with oily skin and want more coverage but it could look more powdery and not as natural. I haven't had as much experience with the matte formula. I am in LOVE with the Intensive formula however. I think it's a nice medium where it has pretty good coverage but also gives you that natural smooth silky look. It's also supposed to help control shine a bit. Original Glo is best for those who have pretty dry skin and want that sunkissed look. For my oily skin, I already find Semi-matte to be kinda too shiny/shimmery so I would imagine Original Glo is even moreso 0_o

From the samples I have, Golden Medium in both Semi-matte and Intensive as well as Winged Butter in Intensive seem to match me best =)

Guest minwoogrl

can someone recommend a blush color for me from EM? I'm using plum dust right now, and I think it looks natural if I put on a little but it's a little to pink for me sometimes. I'm ready for a change. I have medium olive skin tone. I would be nice if someone could post a picture too.

can someone recommend a blush color for me from EM? I'm using plum dust right now, and I think it looks natural if I put on a little but it's a little to pink for me sometimes. I'm ready for a change. I have medium olive skin tone. I would be nice if someone could post a picture too.

peachy: new car smell

nude-peach:

waffle cone!

email me!

day dream, back to school, weekend gateway, evening out might be something that you can consider as well. :sweatingbullets:

some pictures:

zfepoldewk.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../ogamayadje.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../rosnfxxhkq.jpg

P.S: don't be afraid if the blushes looks very brown on the pan. most of my favourite blushes (waffle cone, email me) looks brown, but later turns peachy on my face. :sweatingbullets:

FYI, I'm a mix between fawn and WB. :sweatingbullets:

Guest azncrow7

for everyday minerals, i CANNOT find the right shade...

especially since i just got tanned =/ i've been using all these different shades and they all seem to match..

I find this guide especially useful.

I found my perfect shade for winter, but after slacking a little on sunscreen I've been tanning so my perfect shade isn't so perfect anymore. Luckily another shade in my sample kit matches fairly well. -w-

Guest minwoogrl

peachy: new car smell

nude-peach:

waffle cone!

email me!

day dream, back to school, weekend gateway, evening out might be something that you can consider as well. :sweatingbullets:

some pictures:

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../zfepoldewk.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../ogamayadje.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../rosnfxxhkq.jpg

P.S: don't be afraid if the blushes looks very brown on the pan. most of my favourite blushes (waffle cone, email me) looks brown, but later turns peachy on my face. :sweatingbullets:

FYI, I'm a mix between fawn and WB. :sweatingbullets:

thanks that was really helpful. I have Waffle Cone but the brown despite it being a little pink makes my face looks dirty :vicx: I think I should try email me since that looks a little more pinkish. I've tried combining my pink concealer, waffle cone, and plum dust blush together and it looks alright. I didn't like the sparkles too much...Maybe I'm just looking for a natural looking flushed look. Should I try should something more peachy then?

whats the proper way to mix your own mineral foundation? do i just dump the colors together in a bowl and mix it around with my kabuki then apply onto my facE?

if you know the mixture ratio that is perfect for you already, then you can premix it. if not, try mixing a little to test it out first, before u mix all your powders.

I use those type of coffee stirrer spoons to mix. ha!

• 1 month later...

Everydaymineral blusher swatches

Please take note I swatched quite alot per colour. and take in consideration that if your face is oily. so matte will turn glowy for some IMO after a while. :)

ddgvzjvjeq.jpg

**CLick to enlarge**

ME:

NC20/25.

MAC lightful NC35.

fawn (or fawn + a dash of WB for semi-matte)

left to right:

* comments in brackets

snuggle (more to sheen)

walkee talkee (sheen)

shortcake (slightly more shimmery)

girl's day (shimmery. gold shimmers with coral red colour)

cookie sheet (sheen on me)

homework (slightly more shimmery)

bouquet (matte)

email me (matte)

nick nack (matte. more pink than email me)

cjvqiqahze.jpg

**CLick to enlarge**

Left to right:

all smiles (matte)

new car smell (sheen)

summer stroll (matte)

apple (matte)

salon fun (matte)

best friends (matte)

soft touch (matte)

pink ribbon (sheen)

DVR sat (sheen)

once and again (sheen)

EDIT: soft touch is not so white. i think it's my arm's angle. it's a pale pale pink. definitely pink.

-------------------------

Guest trippyx1

for those of you that purchase everyday minerals, what products do you buy? is jst foundation good enough for concealing and lasting all day? or should i purchase the concealer and the finishing veil? (i don't have acne problems, jst the couple teeeeeny pimples occasionally)

for those of you that purchase everyday minerals, what products do you buy? is jst foundation good enough for concealing and lasting all day? or should i purchase the concealer and the finishing veil? (i don't have acne problems, jst the couple teeeeeny pimples occasionally)

yes their foundation coverage is quite good. Since you do not have bad acne problem, foundation is good enough. I like their Original glo formula.

u can try their finishing dusts as a primer and to set makeup too.

kabuki if you want light to medium coverage.. flat top if you want heavy coverage in one go =] I think the sample jar could last up to a month! samples are so generous

Why didn't you buy their brushes too? its soOOOoo soft, I'm in love with my baby kabuki and flat top brush from EDM :wub:

@deppstar: thanks for the blush swatches!! you have so many.

Archived