Why Do People Like To Eat Crab? It's So Difficult And Fiddly....

Guest tossig_chima

Guest tossig_chima

i feel sorry for the crabs :( pls dont eat them k?
you know crabs...

mudcrab-41.jpg

why do people like eating them?

they are sooo troublesome to unshell. and by the time you unshell them you are covere d in smelly juices PLUS all you have is a tiny piece of met. then your fingers al get crinkly from the lemon juice and then.. the NEXT dish arrives and you are too tired peeling the crabs to eat anymore :(

besides they look so cute when alive :( do you eat them? pls don't. it's cruuel.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest precious4e

I LOVE crabs.

I usuaully eat them with my family so we spend our time cracking crabs and chit chatting.

It's fun for me when i'm at a big family get together. I usually don't eat crabs any time else unless it's already prepared for me.

And I wouldn't call eating crabs cruel. If you think that way then eating any type of meat or seafood is cruel.

Guest xmoogle

Crabs are good. It's like saying "Stop eating meat".

Also, if you eat the Asian restaurants where you get like an entire set, the crab usually comes out like second or third to last out of the 10-11 dishes.

The picture you posted is actually of a lobster by the way.

Guest precious4e

^

^ hahaha they're actually quite fiesty. My friends have gotten pinched by crabs on the beach while walking.

But yea, every type of animal and seafood you eat feels pain too so there really isn't a reason to favor crabs/lobsters over anything else we eat. And I'm thinking even plants wouldn't appreciate us ripping them from their roots and eating them (but since they can't "feel" they aren't considered living things <_< )

Guest tossig_chima

^ but you can say that about every other animal that goes into the slaughter house.

yes that's why im very worried. how do we decide between just beef and lobster? its all animals and alive... even plants.. so yes im very worried. but lobsters and crabs are a definite nono -- they are very sensitive alive creatures -- especially when you get to cook them yourself.

as for beef and pork --- im sticking to a vegetarian diet.

Guest immaperson

that's a pic of a lobster. I like to eat crabs more than lobsters cuz i'm very picky about lobster dishes and i think crabs can be eaten in more ways than for lobstersi mainly like to eat crabs that are salted. also, there are efficient cutters/blades that you can use to cut through the shell so your fingers wont be that wrinkled.

saying that crabs are too cute to be eaten is not a very good argument. if i really believed that, i would've starved by now because i also think baby carrots and corn are cute as well. I dont like animals being tortured before being killed though; if that's what you're trying to say. also, crabs aren't "human" as they dont have a language (and many other factors), but they are living systems.

Guest naoto

they did a study with lobsters feeling pain and it came out on google news and a local tv channel saying lobsters can't feel it when they are being boiled. But maybe they are wrong then..

Guest jxmode

It went from eating crab to lobsters feeling pain. lol

Anyways. I like crab, I don't know. I just like eating seafood.

Lobsters are a nice treat to have every once in a while.

Guest loveamii

yeah i feel bad for the crabs..

everytime my mom takes live crabs home from the asian market, i feel a bit bad...

but i eat them anyway :mellow:

Guest XtremeNuisance

Kid, you have the most random topics. u_u

But yeah. I don't find them troublesome. They actually kinda shouldn't be.... especially if they're cooked right. AND they give you the little... shell cracker things at restaurants. @_@ And they're SO GOOD. :P

Guest hello deary

I agree, it's so yummy. YET so hard to eat. I usually stay away from it at family dinners because it takes me so long to finally get the meat out. It's tiring and my rice is all cold by then -__-

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

Crabs are delicious. It's worth peeling once you actually get to enjoy the flavors and taste.

Just because they're "cute" doesn't really justify anything...

Guest KuYA II

i never liked the taste of crabs

but then again people have different taste and sometimes the things we don't like people actually like eating it. And i guess eating crabs or any type of seafood is one of them hehe.

Guest pepprmint

i dont like eating crabs (BESIDEs because theyre cute xD )

theyve got so little meet, and it takes so much work to eat them

and its not like they taste exquisite that its actually worth it

so yea, i guess im lazy, but crabs are just too much work for too little in the mouth <_<

Archived