Sm 2008 Global Auditions

Guest ilysuju

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xkylieluvsyoux

WHOA! Wait. Is there an audition at SF?!?! And I never know for sure but do they accept non-koreans?

^^^^ i'm worried about that too. because i heard they are really BIG on nationality. and i'm mexican and vietnamese.

so i'm affraid my chances are slim. :sweatingbullets:

Guest ilysuju

^^^^ i'm worried about that too. because i heard they are really BIG on nationality. and i'm mexican and vietnamese.

noooo its not ALL about nationality..if ur really good and they liked u they'd get u of course :]

besides ur part ASIAN ^^

Guest JoycexGuo

I'd love to audition, but I'd probably back out the minute they ask me to dance.

I'm the female William Hung... aha...

By the way, I'd like to ask... can you play instruments at the auditions? Henry from Super Junior M got accepted into SM because of his violin skills right? It's be awesome if we could, but probably not. It's not everyday you see a Asian with a guitar :D

Guest ilysuju

I'd love to audition, but I'd probably back out the minute they ask me to dance.

By the way, I'd like to ask... can you play instruments at the auditions? Henry from Super Junior M got accepted into SM because of his violin skills right? It's be awesome if we could, but probably not. It's not everyday you see a Asian with a guitar :D

i was wondering about that too but i think u shud bring ur guitar if you'd like ^^ like u said henry got ACCEPTED cuz of his vio. skills so u never know..and with dancing..they can always train you u know ^^

Guest Kiwi Love Choi

no they wouldn't care i know 2 people who auditioned (they didn't get in though) and they weren't Asian at all. but i am pretty sure i heard/seen off of somewhere that they prefer Asians,though. besides you ARE part vietnamese, so i guess that counts.I REALLY REALLY hope that SM does come,but i'm pretty sure i won't even come close into getting in. :(

Nah, i don't think they care much about nationality. Course, Asian is PREFERRED cuz they wanna break into China, but hey ur like my friend, part Mexican part Viet. ^^

Really? I know a HECK lota Asians who have/play a guitar. My 2 friends (who are Asian) bring it to school whenever they have freetime. x]

Guest COOKIE.BANDIT.

Definitely going again this year!

I know without a doubt I won't make it, but I only go try out for fun. I sing pretty alright and going to these auditions are pretty much my only chance of "performing" lol. that's why I go!

too bad they don't give constructive criticism.....

imo the auditions are only to screen you to see if you're that *type* of person who leaves a great first impression.

y'know, that *IT* factor

Guest ilysuju

Definitely going again this year!

I know without a doubt I won't make it, but I only go try out for fun. I sing pretty alright and going to these auditions are pretty much my only chance of "performing" lol. that's why I go!

too bad they don't give constructive criticism.....

imo the auditions are only to screen you to see if you're that *type* of person who leaves a great first impression.

y'know, that *IT* factor

AHHHHHH!!!!!so how was ur experience like?

Guest Chooniex

I'm Indonesian Chinese. I don't speak an ounce of korean or mandarin other than the memorized phares of hello and good bye and thank you. Or the memorized lyrics of some FTTS songs haha. I speak Indonesian though and obviously fluent English but even though they say they it doesn't matter, I'm sure I'm about to get points taken off just from that. Thanks for making this thread. It would be amazing to be able to audition

Guest ilysuju

I'm Indonesian Chinese. I don't speak an ounce of korean or mandarin other than the memorized phares of hello and good bye and thank you. Or the memorized lyrics of some FTTS songs haha. I speak Indonesian though and obviously fluent English but even though they say they it doesn't matter, I'm sure I'm about to get points taken off just from that. Thanks for making this thread. It would be amazing to be able to audition

think positive ^^ henry and hankyung didnt know korean when they got in :] so dont let that put u down :DD

and np for the thread juz trying to help everyone :D

Guest COOKIE.BANDIT.

AHHHHHH!!!!!so how was ur experience like?

it was kinda fun! my first audition so I didn't know what to expect (on top of that , it was for SM too...)

I went for the Toronto global auditions and I'm sure there are plenty of different threads for Global Auditions 2007 from various places. If you read them, you'll get to hear about others' experiences as well! im sure they're still here?

So from what I can still remember (this was back in October), on the day of the auditions go to the location of auditions of course. you go sign up to get your registration number. Fill out your form and wait lol. While you are waiting for your number ( they call in a series of 10 ppl at a time), ppl were practicing, chilling and just getting ready for their turns. take some posters while your at it :P

Sorry i forgot my registration number, but there were lots of ppl at the auditions. so by the time it was my turn to audition, they didn't just bring in 10 ppl, but they brought in at least 20 more. The group that you are in (in order of registration numbers) stand in a line in front of a few judges. you introduce yourself, age, and say what you will be performing ( ex: singing, dancing, acting, modeling). Everyone takes turns doing this. If they are remotely interested in you, they will ask you whether you can also do this-or-that, to show what else you are capable of. At the end everyone dances to a short music clip. this is the time to show off any dancing skills!

they say thank you and you leave

if they are interested, they may come up to you and talk to you before you go. afterwards you wait for their acceptance/rejection email

Guest ilysuju

it was kinda fun! my first audition so I didn't know what to expect (on top of that , it was for SM too...)

I went for the Toronto global auditions and I'm sure there are plenty of different threads for Global Auditions 2007 from various places. If you read them, you'll get to hear about others' experiences as well! im sure they're still here?

So from what I can still remember (this was back in October), on the day of the auditions go to the location of auditions of course. you go sign up to get your registration number. Fill out your form and wait lol. While you are waiting for your number ( they call in a series of 10 ppl at a time), ppl were practicing, chilling and just getting ready for their turns. take some posters while your at it :P

Sorry i forgot my registration number, but there were lots of ppl at the auditions. so by the time it was my turn to audition, they didn't just bring in 10 ppl, but they brought in at least 20 more. The group that you are in (in order of registration numbers) stand in a line in front of a few judges. you introduce yourself, age, and say what you will be performing ( ex: singing, dancing, acting, modeling). Everyone takes turns doing this. If they are remotely interested in you, they will ask you whether you can also do this-or-that, to show what else you are capable of. At the end everyone dances to a short music clip. this is the time to show off any dancing skills!

they say thank you and you leave

if they are interested, they may come up to you and talk to you before you go. afterwards you wait for their acceptance/rejection email

whoa reading this made my heart stop lol! omg..im scared.. :[[[ i can only do modeling and dancing..but my singing aint that bad..lol ahhh..

Guest XIAHT!C

i wish they could have it during summer or something T_______________T

but i definitely wanna go this year. i was signed up and everything for last year, but err... -_-;

anyway, anyone know where they're going officially?

Guest k_hitaki

anyway, anyone know where they're going officially?

No one knows for sure yet. I don't think it's been confirmed that they're even hosting the Global SM this year.

I do hope they do decide to come though. This year is practically my last shot at this ): And if they don't host it, I'll have to resort to email...:\

Anyone else in the same 'dilemma'? :P

Guest JoycexGuo

Aha... dang... no one knows when it is

But isn't it usually around the beginning of fall/ early winter? September- November?

I can only assume so (well for North American auditions, at least...)

So it would be a good time to practice or get a singing coach now or something! x)

And for the girl worrying about nationality, don't be.

Yes, they'd prefer it if you were Korean, but SM accepted Hankyung and Jang Ri In... they're both Chinese! :)

Guest ilysuju

No one knows for sure yet. I don't think it's been confirmed that they're even hosting the Global SM this year.

I do hope they do decide to come though. This year is practically my last shot at this ): And if they don't host it, I'll have to resort to email...:\

Anyone else in the same 'dilemma'? :P

it shud be in september october ish...HOPEFULLY ^^

why is it gunna be ur LAST one????

Guest k_hitaki

it shud be in september october ish...HOPEFULLY ^^

why is it gunna be ur LAST one????

It's going to be my first and last one actually ^^;;

Cause it's my last year before I head off to Uni. And once I'm in Uni, I made a personal promise to myself that I'd concentrate on my studies and forget about my little far fetched dream for the time being ;x

So I'd be pretty sad if they didn't have it this year(':

Archived