[movie 2003] Lover's Concerto 연애소설

soymilk

Cha Tae Hyun, Son Yeh Jin, The Late Lee Eun Joo
i love this movie very much! i dont think a lot of people have seen it! add it to your must see movie list! poster01.jpg Starring: Cha Tae-Hyeon, Lee Eun-Ju, Son Ye-Jin 차태현, 이은주, 손예진 Director: Lee Han 이 한 Rating: 12 Up Genre: Comedy (Romance) Synopsis: A young man between two women whose life is pressured by a serious illness that they manage to hide. When the man writes a love letter to one of them, their feelings for each other lead to unexpected turns. As a model to sublime the refusal by a friend this movie reveals not only the power of love letters but also the chance to really become one with a beloved person. Twenty-year-old student Ji-hwan (Cha Tae-hyun) treasures nothing more than his camera and taking pictures. One day Su-in (Son Ye-jin) and Kyung-hee (Lee Eun-joo) appear in front of his camera lense. Even though their characters are totally different they understand how to compliment each other. Ji-hwan falls for Su-in at first sight, however meets her kind rejection. Yet, it doesn't affect their relationship at all because they are both still young. As the years go by, the threesome establish a close and sincere relationship, which is suddenly heading for a few minor changes … vlcsnap-1624885.jpgvlcsnap-1623574.jpgvlcsnap-1622488.jpgvlcsnap-1633063.jpgvlcsnap-1631279.jpgvlcsnap-1630121.jpgvlcsnap-1626469.jpgvlcsnap-1643997.jpgvlcsnap-1638486.jpg for more : http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories....2%29&filter=all

Guest nycstrawberri21

i thought this was one of the sweetest korean movies that i watched... it really is a must watch!

^

Finally a thread for Lover's Concerto! I finally saw the movie on tv some 2 weeks ago and I love it! It's totally not what I've expected from the reviews I've read before. The cast were awesome especially CTH, love his acting. And LEJ was the bubbly girl alongside a very soft-spoken SYJ.

Will come again to share my thoughts about the movie... still remember much of the scenes. Love how everything turned out ... despite the rather sad ending.

Thanks soymilk, for starting the thread! :lol:

Agree with nycstrawberri21, one of the sweetest movies. :wub:

Guest sonickim

hey!!! count me in...onr highly recomended movie

i've seen it a long time ago but remebering it now that i saw the thread..

owww..its like yesterday..indeed a sad one but i always see CTH to be a funny guy!!!

but he's so sweet in this movie!!!

so much love and friendship in this movie!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest minamijaa

Today, I watched this movie and personally I think it's not bad. CTH looks cool in this film. :D I just can feel how strong is the friendship among those main characters. When JH is reading the letter from KH it was so tearful.. :tears:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sqlj

the movie is ok but i was watching with some friends and one of the guys kept on sobbing and crying even tho he's seen it before...so it kind of spoiled the whole movie experience for me. i suppose that's why i dun like this movie that much. hehe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wyen

Just watched this movie late at night yesterday.

Nice movie but very sad ending.

Seems that the 2 best frens Kyung Hee and Soo-In have illness but they still remain frens.

It was quite surprised that JiHwan like kyung hee instead

Guest adikkeluangman

The sweetest movie... Now I notice that all CTH movies just a same character but that's make I like him.

Guest bwitched

I just watched the movie yesterday because I heard of the good reviews..I like the movie..The only thing is that I don't understand the ending..After Ji Hwan met Kyung Hee..is she died??..and when he read both letters at the same time..they already met or nope??

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

a very touching story about 3 friends... a good film...i didn't like lee eun joo's hair during hte beginning but with longer hair at the end she looked gorgeous :]. a coo tear jerker..

to the post above me... *spoiler*

watch it again you'll catch the flash back when kyung hee and su-in first met...su-in wanted to switch names (from earlier she said it was so if they went away she would always be with them or something like that) so they actually switched names (the twist of the movie) so it was actually son ye jin character, kyung hee who died and Lee eun joo's character, su-in who survives and dies later. When the guy reads both letters it was lee eun joo's character who gives him her letter along with su-in's letter before she dies. Remember he finds her and they go to his classmates weddign and etc.

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I have this movie long time ago....I return this dvd back 2 the shop :D I don't really like it that much.... <_< but I like the poster & dvd cover :P

loversconcerto.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest yum yum dimsum

its kinda weird that Lee Eun Joo's character died at the end, its sad to think the same case happened to LEJ.

it was an OK film. I watched it because of SonYeJin. she was given little to do here. so i was disappointed. the ending was confusing but heartbreaking. recommended for melodramatic nights..

the face touching 100x gets a bit annoying tho.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the movie was ok...but CTH doesn't match with the roles of a tear jerker, hes better off with comedy, i think.

ehck...u know what i thought? that the guy's little sister w/ the librarian was a better love story :lol: i didn't really like the movie that much because, number 1, he didn't end up with the girl he "fell in love" at first sight, whats up with that?

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Someone on another forum I post on seems VERY confused about this movie! I thought I'd quote their question over here and see if I can get any response, particularly from people who speak Korean.

Man the end was freaking confusing but I have 2 theories:

1. Kyung-hee used to be a boy. But then got a sex change. Why? Well, Soo-in told Ji-wahn that because of her first love, he want people to call her by the boy's name. A scene showed Soo-in's in a hospital bed with a bald boy. After the operation (?) we see 2 girls. Then they decided to change names.

2. When Soo-in was telling Ji-wahn about her first love, she change the person from a girl to a boy. Soo-in probably wasn't a lesbian, she just like Kyung-hee so much that it felt that she was her first love

The 2nd theory made more sense. What does everybody think?

Question: at the end, in the scene where Kyung-hee and Ji-wahn were drinking in a tent and it was snowing, they told that they were uncomfortable of each other, was that after Soo-in funeral? Cause Kyung-hee had a bandaged hand, which was cause by her punching the clock at Soo-in's funeral. However, what led to them telling each other that they were uncomfortable with each other. Was it because of Soo-in's death? However, it Ji-wahn didn't know about this. The only thing I can think of is after hearing Kyung-hee said that, Ji-wahn didn't know what was going on and what to say so he just decided to go with the flow.

Again, this is not ME being confused! This person is convinced that the bald-headed kid in the flashbacks was a boy and nothing we say will convince him otherwise! I'm thinking maybe something was lost in translation in the subs on the DVD, but I don't have the movie to go back and check myself! Personally, I think when Soo-In talked about her first love, she WAS talking about her best friend, by not saying it in a "romantic" way. But I don't remember exactly how that went.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Guest dsk_oz

Someone on another forum I post on seems VERY confused about this movie! I thought I'd quote their question over here and see if I can get any response, particularly from people who speak Korean.

Man the end was freaking confusing but I have 2 theories:

1. Kyung-hee used to be a boy. But then got a sex change. Why? Well, Soo-in told Ji-wahn that because of her first love, he want people to call her by the boy's name. A scene showed Soo-in's in a hospital bed with a bald boy. After the operation (?) we see 2 girls. Then they decided to change names.

2. When Soo-in was telling Ji-wahn about her first love, she change the person from a girl to a boy. Soo-in probably wasn't a lesbian, she just like Kyung-hee so much that it felt that she was her first love

The 2nd theory made more sense. What does everybody think?

Question: at the end, in the scene where Kyung-hee and Ji-wahn were drinking in a tent and it was snowing, they told that they were uncomfortable of each other, was that after Soo-in funeral? Cause Kyung-hee had a bandaged hand, which was cause by her punching the clock at Soo-in's funeral. However, what led to them telling each other that they were uncomfortable with each other. Was it because of Soo-in's death? However, it Ji-wahn didn't know about this. The only thing I can think of is after hearing Kyung-hee said that, Ji-wahn didn't know what was going on and what to say so he just decided to go with the flow.

Again, this is not ME being confused! This person is convinced that the bald-headed kid in the flashbacks was a boy and nothing we say will convince him otherwise! I'm thinking maybe something was lost in translation in the subs on the DVD, but I don't have the movie to go back and check myself! Personally, I think when Soo-In talked about her first love, she WAS talking about her best friend, by not saying it in a "romantic" way. But I don't remember exactly how that went.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

** WARNING: Major spoliers ahead ***

Hi mj07,

At no point did Sooin (ie. Son Yehjin) say that it was a boy (IIRC) when talking about her first love, she refered to him/her as "that kid" .. didn't read the subtitles, but it sounds like a translation issue because english isn't as indirect as korean. It's assumed at that point that it's a boy, since they were talking about first loves, but it's actually Kyunghee she's talking about ..

The short hair was due to an operation .. there's a later scene that shows a young Kyunghee being wheeled into an operating theatre with a bald head .. and a further scene of the two kids scribbling on the wall, but with Kyunghee's hair re-grown to shoulder length. This is also where they decide to swap names.

The plot was very good imho, especially the name swap .. it was really surprising to see Kyunghee's face in that scene at the country room where the camera starts behind the girl and pans to her face as she's singing that song (the one Sooin sang at the bar party).

The viewer was kept guessing all the time.

*** End of spoilers ***

A very good movie imho .. the flashbacks and flashforwards may confuse some, but they added a major element of uncertainty imho. You were kept guessing to the very end.

Definitely worth watching ..

SPOILERS AGAIN!

hey, thanks reminding me about spoilers, I added a big warning to my original post (oops, usually I'm really good about these things, but missed it this time!)

Thanks for reminding me of what happened. Personally, I never found the scene(s) confusing, but I think this other person has a wild imagination (and probably hasn't seen enough Korean films!)

PS any comments on his lesbian theory??? I just KNOW he's gonna come back with that one! I think they were just very close friends, but … ??

Guest Dreamy

just recently watched this movie and i like it. i have a question though do u guys know the title of the piano piece that was played by cha tae hyun's first love. u know when he was a kid...there was this girl playing the piano while he approached her. thanks i appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Archived