Dramas [2008~2009]

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

so can someone point me to the link that listed Lee Min Ki as a candidate for KBS' Fashion King?

This is one of them, I see this drama at other lists too.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=sorim&no=35647

패션왕 - 이민기 물망 (1월방영예정 16부작 )

제작진 - 김기호 이선미

내용 - 패션에 종사하는 사람들의 일과 사랑을 그리는 드라마

Fashion King <패션왕> - Lee Min-ki 이민기 candidate 물망 [January 2009, 16 episodes]

Kim Gi-ho 김기호 (writer of "Sweet Spy", "Super Rookie")

Lee Sun-mi 이선미 (writer of "Sweet Spy", "Super Rookie")

thanks kdramausa...we'll have to see if this is true as a source had said he was supposed to be filming a drama soon so he wouldn't be attending cram school anymore (and the airing date of the drama somewhat does not correlate with the source info since it's to air in 2009)...I wonder where all these info come from since the last time the candidate for Fashion King was Han Ga In.

Guest kdramafanusa

we'll have to see if this is true as a source had said he was supposed to be filming a drama soon so he wouldn't be attending cram school anymore (and the airing date of the drama somewhat does not correlate with the source info since it's to air in 2009)...I wonder where all these info come from since the last time the candidate for Fashion King was Han Ga In.

Crossing fingers that there'll be confirmation soon. :)

I notice that many of details came from news articles, some of them might have insider info as well? Not sure...

The airing schedule can be somewhat inconsistent, some M/T dramas as listed W/Th at other lists.

I read that <Sirasoni> might not air as planned as a result of the cast change, but there were no other reports about it thus far though.

Guest AlecRuby

thanks kdramausa...we'll have to see if this is true as a source had said he was supposed to be filming a drama soon so he wouldn't be attending cram school anymore (and the airing date of the drama somewhat does not correlate with the source info since it's to air in 2009)...I wonder where all these info come from since the last time the candidate for Fashion King was Han Ga In.

OKAY THAT WOULD BE AMAZING IF GA IN AND MIN KI ARE CONFIRMED!

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS COUPLE!

I read that <Sirasoni> might not air as planned as a result of the cast change, but there were no other reports about it thus far though.

I think you're right...I see this news saying that because of the above, there's plans for another drama to air:

KBS, 무산된 '시라소니' 대신 연애물 편성

[이데일리 SPN 박미애기자] KBS가 '시라소니'를 대신해 이 자리에 연애물을 대체 편성할 예정이다.

KBS는 당초 2TV 월화드라마로 무협극 '최강칠우'와 시대극 '시라소니'를 순차적으로 선보일 예정이었다. 하지만 캐스팅을 비롯한 제작 여건을 둘러싸고 방송사 제작사간 마찰을 빚어온 '시라소니'는 결국 편성에서 제외됐다.

'시라소니'는 현재 이성재에서 임호로 주인공을 바꾸고 사전제작 드라마로 만들어지고 있다.

이에 따라 KBS는 '시라소니'를 대신해 '연애결혼'(가제)이라는 16부작 미니시리즈를 새롭게 편성했다. '연애결혼'은 27살에 직업이 커플매니저인 여자와 31살에 이혼 경력이 있는 이혼전문변호사의 알콩달콩 사랑을 그린 연애극이다.

'연애결혼'은 '사랑'을 업으로 삼고 있는 남녀주인공들을 통해 사랑과 이별에 대한 담론을 경쾌하게 풀어낼 예정이다. 극본은 윤은혜 주지훈 주연의 드라마 '궁'을 집필했던 인은아 작가가 맡았으며 김영석 PD가 연출을 맡았다.

'연애결혼'은 현재 캐스팅 작업에 한창이며 '최강칠우' 후속으로 8월 중 방영될 예정이다

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kbs_d...3800&page=1

Guest kdramafanusa

I think you're right...I see this news saying that because of the above, there's plans for another drama to air:

Hi Creidesca, thanks for the update. :)

Seems like the replacement "연애결혼" is from writer In Eun-ah 인은아 ("Princess Hours") and PD Kim Young-suk 김영석. And it's only 16 episode so the schedule will change a lot.

Im Ho - Lead actor of "Sirasoni" {originally Lee Sung-jae}

PP07050800014.JPG

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...mp;curtype=read

Guest kdramafanusa

Sikgaek/Gourmet <식객>

ORIGINAL COMIC: Heo Young-man 허영만

PD: Choi Jong-soo 최종수 ("You And I", "Han River Ballad")

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu 최완규, Park Bum-soo 박범수

CAST: Kim Rae-won, Nam Sang-mi, Kwon Oh-jung, Kim So-yeon

PRODUCTION COST: 12 billion Won

Broadcast Time: Monday/Tuesday 9:55pm

First Broadcast: 2008-06-17 (replacing "Tokyo Sun Shower")

Episodes: 24

Related Links: Soompi thread, Official site (K)

16510_1.jpg

[image=innolife]

~~~~~

[source: The Korea Times 06-10-2008 17:07]

'Sikgaek' Brings Korean Cuisine Back to TV Screen

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

080610_p14_sikgaek.jpg

Lead actors of the drama “Sikgaek” line up to wish their drama good luck before its first airing Monday on SBS. / Yonhap

Seoul Broadcast System (SBS)'s "Sikgaek'' will once again bring the delicious and colorful dishes of Korean cuisine to the television screen next week. While the hit drama "Jewel in the Palace'' (2003) wowed fans with royal cuisine, "Sikgaek'' will offer a wider range of dishes from traditional to everyday recipes.

"The drama is aimed to show the true potential of Korean food,'' said Choi Jong-soo, the producer of the drama, at a press conference Monday.

The drama is based on cartoonist Hur Young-man's popular namesake cartoon that first appeared as a newspaper series in 2002. The journey of the ambitious and talented chef-to-be Lee Sung-chan was also released as a movie, "Le Grand Chef'' in 2007.

Korean heartthrob Kim Rae-won ("My Little Bride,'' 2004) will star as the warm hearted chef-in-training Lee, while actress Nam Sang-mi (TV drama "Sweet Spy,'' 2005) will play a silly country girl, Kim Jin-soo, who trails Lee with high hopes of becoming a food columnist. Veteran actor Choi Bool-am will appear as Master Oh Sook-soo, Lee's stepfather and the only person who truly believes in Lee's potential.

Lee is a happy and bright young man who loves to cook. Leaving the heavy responsibility of becoming the head chef of Oh's famous restaurant to his stepbrother, he explores the world of cooking and discovers that he's actually good at it. When Oh announces that he will not choose his own son to become the owner and head chef, cold-hearted jealousy and competition arise.

Because of the prevalent close-up scenes that show the actors cooking and slicing food, they had to undergo highly demanding training to present impeccable cooking skills.

"We learned to cook from renowned chefs for three months before starting the drama. We wanted to offer the whole package ourselves. The food, the acting and the cooking,'' said 27-year old Kim, showing some of the "honorable'' cuts on his hands.

For the 68-year-old actor Choi, however, it was more than a challenge to bring out his culinary side.

"I usually don't go in the kitchen so I was actually scared. Although I tried to change by going into kitchens and talking with chefs, old habits die hard,'' said Choi.

So the actor worked on other features that would help him become the master of chefs.

"My character is a person who cooked his entire life. Hygiene is very important to him. I shake my hands frequently because chefs usually try not to get anything on their hands. It's like our mothers when they finish washing the dishes. My ponytail also prevents hair from falling on the food,'' he said confidently.

A quick preview of the drama showed that it indeed focuses on the gastronomy to the utmost. By traveling around the nation looking for the best ingredients and recipes, "Sikgaek'' is expected to present the meaning and devotion put into each dish.

"By looking into the lives of farmers, fishermen and even the livestock, cooking will bring a whole new meaning,'' said Kim.

"The young ones will cook, and I'll be teaching our ancestor's wisdom that was put into Korean dishes. We hope the viewers feel the charm of Korean food through the drama,'' Choi added.

"Sikgaek'' will start airing at 9:55p.m. June 16 17 on SBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

~~~~~

[source: The Korea Herald 2008.06.16]

'Sikgaek' sets off on new culinary journey

The comic series was a hit. The movie version topped national charts. Will the "Sikgaek" drama get high viewer ratings?

Set to air this Tuesday night on SBS, this 24-episode drama is based on Hur Young-man's bestselling comic series of the same name. While the film version of the series, titled "Le Grand Chef," topped national charts last year, that doesn't guarantee the upcoming drama a free ride to the top.

With SBS melodramas "All In" (2003) and "Love Story in Harvard" (2004-2005) screenwriter Choi Wan-kyu orchestrating the plot of the TV version, what originally started out as a soulful exploration of the regional flavors of Korean cuisine in Hur Young-man's series may morph into a sappy and highly dramatic romance on the small screen.

Judging from the 40-minute preview screening last week, SBS' "Sikgaek" promises to bring classic drama-making elements to audiences nationwide. Rivalry, love triangles and heritage all factor into this miniseries.

Glossy shots of Korean palace food, the rival chefs Seong-chan and Oh Bong-ju-- played by Kim Rae-won and Kwon Oh-jung respectively-- and the beautiful woman whom they long for, played by actress Kim So-yun, hinted at the potential soap opera to come.

But sequences featuring vast persimmon farms, cattle, and a crying child eating stew promised a different story, one that involved the heart of Korean cuisine: the story of the land itself and the people who harvested it.

While the original comic series revolved around a high-stakes competition between two rival chefs, its true focus was on Seong-chan, a top chef turned peddler.

Played by the heartthrob Kim Rae-won in the drama, he abandons the competition in the heat of the game, letting his rival, Bong-ju, beat him. This culinary genius who had come so close to winning throws it all away for life as a produce peddler. Scouring the countryside in search of the roots of Korean cuisine, Seong-chan comes to terms with himself and his talent.

And it was this journey through the heartland of Korea that made Hur Young-man's comic so appealing. One can only hope that the drama will take us on that delicious journey once again -- this time, in real living color.

Based on Kim Rae-won's comments at the press conference last week, it looks like the miniseries plans on focusing on Seong-chan's life as a produce vendor.

"I like driving around in a truck," said Kim, 27, referring to his experiences playing Seong-chan. "I think it is really fun."

Nam Sang-mi, 24, who plays a feisty journalist in the drama, added, "The whole experience, traveling around Korea, feels like a photo album."

Indeed, watching the co-stars Nam and Kim in the preview as they rough it out in the back of his truck, chowing down on ramen, makes the filming experience look like one great cross-country road trip.

But the real journey begins when "Sikgaek" airs on Tuesday night.

A special on the filming of "Sikgaek" airs tonight on SBS at 9:55 p.m. The first two episodes of the miniseries will play back to back tomorrow night at 9:55 p.m.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Will star Japanese writers and Korean production bring drama gold?

June 12th, 2008 // by javabeans

The Korean Foundation of International Cultural Exchange is working with the Japan Broadcast Writers Association in a joint "TV drama project", which was announced at the TV Drama Writers' Conference of East Asia, held in the city of Sasebo in Nagasaki Prefecture on June 10 and 11.

Plans were announced for a drama series in which eight Japanese drama writers will each be responsible for scriptwriting two hours’ worth of material, to be produced by a Korean production company and air as early as December. Writers include Inoue Yumiko (Pandora, First Kiss) and Oishi Shizuka (Kunitori Monogatari, Komyo ga Tsuji). Casting is unconfirmed, although the names being thrown around for consideration include Lee Byung Heon, while director Yoon Seok-ho of Winter Sonata has given his informal assent.

Given the success of Winter Sonata (and by extension, Yonsama) in Japan, I suppose the director was an obvious choice. There have been other joint-production attempts to capitalize on the Hallyu craze, but they haven't had the success they were aiming for. There was the 2004 short drama Friends pairing Won Bin with Fukada Kyoko, and, more recently, Tokyo Shower. (I believe 2006's Japanese drama Rondo with Choi Ji Woo fared better, although it perhaps didn't live up the hope of becoming a runaway hit.)

Meanwhile, production house Olive Nine is already working on a drama to be filmed in Japan, tentatively titled Lovers in Asuka. The 20-episode series is set in the town of Asuka in Nara Prefecture and will be written by Kang Eun Jung, one of the writers of Lovers in Paris. I suppose they figured they hadn't milked the "lovers in [insert city]" concept enough yet.

I'm not sure about Asuka, but I'm curious to see how Japanese scriptwriters bring (or don't bring) a different feel to a kdrama production. (Also, the rotating writers thing worries me - although it's not an automatic detractor, it's a risky move.)

Via Hankook Ilbo

韓 배우·제작진-日 스타작가, 합작 드라마 만든다

도쿄=김범수 특파원 bskim@hk.co.kr

한국 국제문화산업교류재단(KOFICE)과 일본방송작가협회는 10, 11일 일본 나가사키(長岐)현 사세보(佐世保)시에서 개최한 제3회 동아시아 방송작가 회의에서 한국과 일본이 ‘TV극장 기획’이라는 연속 드라마를 제작, 아시아 전역에 수출하겠다고 밝혔다고 도쿄(東京)신문이 보도했다.

이노우에 유미코(井上由美子) 오이시 시즈카(大石靜) 등 일본을 대표하는 현역 방송작가 8명이 각자 2시간 분량으로 쓴 각본을 한국 드라마 제작사가 국내에서 촬영해 이르면 올해 12월부터 방송한다는 계획이다. 연출은 ‘겨울 소나타’를 만든 윤석호 감독의 내락을 받았고 출연은 이병헌 등 한류 스타들에게 타진 중이다.

한일 합작 드라마가 국내에 방송되면 ‘일본 드라마 지상파 방송 불가’ 원칙에도 간접적인 영향을 미칠 것으로 보인다. 신현택 KOFICE 이사장은 “드라마의 기본인 각본에 일본인의 이름이 들어가는 것은 의미가 크다”고 말했다.

한편 영화ㆍ드라마 제작사 올리브나인은 일본 고도(古都) 나라 다카이치(高市)군 아스카(明日香)를 무대로 ‘아스카의 연인’(가칭)이라는 TV 드라마 제작에 들어갔다.

2004년, 2005년 SBS에서 각각 방영된 ‘파리의 연인’과 ‘프라하의 연인’에 이은 연인 시리즈 3번째 작품이다. 대본작업이 끝나는대로 여름부터 촬영에 들어가 이르면 올해 말 방영할 것으로 보인다.

드라마 무대가 아스카로 확정된 데는 나라현의 유치 전략도 한몫을 했다. 아라이 쇼고(荒井正吾) 나라 지사와 아스카 촌장 등은 “한국과는 1,000년 이상의 교류가 있다”며 “드라마 제작에 도움을 아끼지 않겠다”고 말했다고 산케이(産經)신문이 전했다.

<저작권자 ⓒ 인터넷한국일보, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지>

입력시간 : 2008/06/13 03:04:19

Guest kdramafanusa

630억 빅매치 드라마 전쟁

입력2008.06.13 07:31

200806130227.jpg

‘승리의 미소는 과연 누구 얼굴에….’

송승헌 송일국 박신양 권상우. 한류를 대표하는 네 남자스타가 하반기 나란히 안방극장에 돌아온다. 이들은 최근 마치 약속이나 한 듯 작게는 75억 원에서 많게는 255억 원의 제작비가 투입된 대작 드라마의 주인공을 맡았다. 네 사람이 주연한 드라마의 제작비 총액을 합치면 자그만치 630억 원.

한류가 배출한 대형 남자 스타들이 이처럼 비슷한 시기에, 또 비슷한 대작 드라마로 연기 대결을 펼치는 경우는 전례가 없었다. 네 스타의 드라마 중 가장 제작비가 큰 작품은 송승헌의 복귀작인 MBC ‘에덴의 동쪽’(극본 나연숙·연출 김진만). 8월에 50부작으로 방송하는 이 드라마는 회당 제작비만 3억 3천만 원이다. 여기에 세트 제작 등 미술비 90억 원을 더해 총 제작비 255억 원을 예상하고 있다.

9월 방송 예정인 송일국 주연의 KBS 2TV ‘바람의 나라’(극본 최완규·연출 강일수) 역시 제작비가 200억원대에 이른다.

박신양 주연의 SBS ‘바람의 화원’(극본 이은영·연출 장태유·9월 방송)은 미술비와 오픈세트 건립비를 포함해 총 75억 원이 투입되는 20부작 미니시리즈다. 방송횟수가 작아 전체 제작비는 적지만 회당 평균 제작비는 4억 원에 육박한다.

권상우가 고현정과 호흡을 맞출 SBS ‘대물’(극본 유동윤)도 충남 보령에 청와대 세트를 짓고 일본 로케이션을 하는 등 볼거리를 준비하느라 100억 원이라는 제작비가 투입된다.

드라마의 규모 못지않게 네 스타가 보여줄 캐릭터도 관심거리다. 송일국과 박신양은 사극, 송승헌은 시대극, 권상우는 현대극에서 각각 ‘4인4색’의 개성있는 역할을 맡았다. ‘주몽’ 송일국은 이번에 주몽의 손자로 돌아온다. 데뷔 후 현대극에만 출연해온 박신양은 연기생활 13년 만에 첫 사극에 도전한다. 그런가 하면 ‘에덴의 동쪽’에서 송승헌은 아버지의 원수를 갚기 위해 어둠의 세계에 뛰어들어 아시아를 장악하는 마피아 두목으로 나오고, 권상우는 그동안의 터프한 역할과 달리 춤과 미소로 여성의 마음을 훔치는 제비족으로 등장한다.

4명의 한류 스타가 모처럼 주연을 맡은 작품이다 보니 해외의 관심은 벌써 뜨겁다. ‘바람의 나라’의 제작사인 초록뱀미디어 측은 “판권계약은 아직 안했지만 일본, 대만, 필리핀 등과 협의 중이다. 특히 ‘주몽’이 크게 성공한 일본에서 관심이 높다”고 전했다.

‘바람의 화원’의 드라마 관계자도 “일본, 대만의 4∼5개사에서 러브콜이 들어오고 있다. 박신양은 일본에서 에세이집도 내고 MD 상품화를 시도했고 팬미팅 반응도 나쁘지 않아 도움이 됐다”고 밝혔다.

‘에덴의 동쪽’의 제작사인 초록뱀미디어 김기범 대표는 “방영 전 일본측과 사전 판매를 합의했다. 계약서에 사인을 아직 안해 금액을 공개하기는 어렵지만 국내 드라마 중 톱클래스 수준의 수출액”이라고 밝혔다.

이정연 기자 annjoy@donga.com

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200806130227

Song Seung-hun's "East Of Eden" (script: Na Yun-sook, PD Kim Jin-man)

Production Cost: 25.5 billion Won

50 episodes

August

MBC

Song Il-kook's "Kingdom Of The Winds" (script: Choi Wan-kyu, PD Kang Il-soo)

Production Cost: 20 billion Won

September

KBS 2TV

Park Shin-yang's "Painter Of The Wind" (script: Lee Eun-young, PD Jang Tae-yoo)

Production Cost: 7.5 billion Won

20 episodes

September

SBS

Ko Hyun-jung & Kwon Sang-woo's "Daemool" (script: Yoo Dong-yoon)

Production Cost: 10 billion Won

SBS

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS World 2008-04-18

Lee Byung-heon Returns to TV Drama

e080418_01.jpg

Korean star Lee Byung-heon is returning to TV screen in a spy thriller titled “Iris.” Lee’s first TV drama in five years since his starring role in “All In,” “Iris” is Korea’s first attempt at a high-tech spy thriller filled with flashy action scenes, cool cutting-edge devices, and scenic overseas locations.

The 20 million-dollar action-packed drama is directed by Kang Je-gyu of “Taegukgi: Brotherhood of War” and Lee Hyung-min of “I’m Sorry, I Love You” and produced jointly by Taewon Entertainment, which had made the global project “Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon.”Filming will begin later this year and take place in Russia, Japan, China and the United States. The twenty-parter “Iris” is scheduled to be aired early next year.

Lee has just wrapped up filming the French-American movie “I Come with the Rain” with Josh Hartnett and is getting ready to shoot “G. I. Joe.” Lee will be playing Korean ninja Storm Shadow in the action flick. The multi-national collaboration co-starring British actress Sienna Miller and American actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt alongside Lee is due for release in August 2009.

Guest kdramafanusa

Working Mom <워킹맘 친정맘>

PD: Oh Jong-rok 오종록 ("Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy", "Say You Love Me", "Piano", "Happy Together")

SCRIPT: Kim Hyun-hee 김현희 ("Catch A Kang Nam Mother")

CAST: Yum Jung-ah, Kim Ja-ok

Broadcast Time: Wednesday/Thursday 9:55pm on SBS

First Broadcast: 2008-07-30 (replacing "Iljimae")

Episodes: 16

Actress Yum Jung-ah Returns To Television

20080613103309.012.0.jpg

Actress Yum Jung-ah is coming back to the small screen after 4-year hiatus. Since 2004 MBC drama "Say You Love Me" (script: Kim Kyu-wan, PD Oh Jong-rok), she shifted her focus to film and appeared in movies "Lovely Rivals" (2004), "Sad Movie" (2005), "Boy, Goes To Heaven" (2005), "The Old Garden" (2007), and "The Worst Guy Ever" (2007).

"Working Mom" is about a housewife who grew up without motherly love; she was raised by her father alone. She has problems at work because of childcare. Wanting her child to be taken care of, she starts to introduce a girlfriend to her father hoping he will remarry.

Starring with Yum Jung-ah is actress Kim Ja-ok. The other characters are still being cast. Filming will start at the end of June.

Related News: Newsen 2008-06-13, Starnews 2008-06-13, ISPlus 2008-06-13

Writer Kim Hyun-hee 김현희 of "Catch A Kang Nam Mother"

20080607115406.925.0.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200806060853361001

~~~

Original Korean Article: Edaily 2008-06-06 11:13:22

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

SBS, substitutes "Working Mom, Stay Home Mom" for "Big Things" ("Daemool")

"Working Mom, Stay Home Mom" will be the next SBS drama after "Iljimae" instead of "Big Things" ("Daemool"), which starred kwon Sang-woo and Ko Hyeon-jeong.

A SBS representative said, "It will be the new drama after "Iljimae". We will finish casting in June and go into filming".

"Big Things" ("Daemool"), a remake of a comic by Park In-kwon, was being prepared to be the work after "Iljimae". However, it had difficulty in the production stages and was exempt in the organizing stages, and "Working Mom, Stay Home Mom" took its place.

It is about a female character, who has lived with her single father and searches for a woman for him to marry so she can have a new mother.

Director Oh Jong-rok, who directed "Say You Love Me" and "Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy" will direct this project.

Guest kdramafanusa

Daemool <대물>

ORIGINAL COMIC: Park In-kwon 박인권

PD: Kim Hyung-shik 김형식 ("Surgeon Bong Dal-hee", "Lovers In Praque") Yoon Sang-ho 윤상호 ("Bichunmoo", co-directed "Legend: The King And Four Guardians" with PD Kim Jong-hak)

SCRIPT: Yoo Dong-yoon 유동윤 ("King And I", "Women In The Palace / World Of Women")

CAST: Ko Hyun-jung, Kwon Sang-woo

PRODUCTION COST: 10 billion Won

Episodes: 24

Related Links: Soompi thread

PD Yoon Sang-ho

1213591366_600.jpg

[photos=goodday]

~~~

[source: Korea Times 03-18-2008 19:14]

Actress Ko to Return as President in New Drama

By Chung Ah-young

Staff Reporter

kohyeonjeong_2.jpgkohyeonjeong_3.jpg

Actress Ko Hyun-jung [photos=starnews]

Actress Ko Hyun-jung will return playing the role of a female president in a new drama to be aired on SBS in July.

Ko will take the leading role of Seo Hye-lim in "Daemul'' (Queen-maker), a drama based on the comic book of the same name by Park In-gwon.

The drama revolves around a female prosecutor who fights against social injustice and tenders her resignation after arresting a mogul who masterminds organized crime in political circles. Then, after working as a lawyer who advocates human rights, she earns a reputation as caring for people, she then runs for, and is elected, president.

An official of the drama production company said that the drama will focus on the making of a female president. "The script writer says 'daemul' means the 'great person' in the drama,'' he said.

The drama will also co-star Kwon Sang-woo, who will take the role of Ko's counterpart.

The soap opera consisting of 20-24 episodes is expected to cost 10 billion won to produce.

The production team has already shot the scenes for the presidential inauguration ceremony on Feb. 25 when President Lee Myung-bak was inaugurated. The production team will go on a location in Japan in April.

A former 1989 Miss Korea runner up, Ko made a successful comeback to the entertainment industry with the 2005 TV series "Bomnal'' (Spring Day) after her divorce. She starred in "Yeouya Mohani'' (Hello Fox),'' a mini-series in 2006.

She enjoyed stardom after starring in the 1995 TV series "Moraesigye" (Hourglass). She announced her retirement that year upon marrying Chung Yong-jin, a nephew of Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee and vice president of Shinsegae Department Store. The marriage ended in 2003. Ko also acted in the film, "Woman on the Beach'' in 2006.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

~~~~~

Original Korean Article: Hankooki 2008/04/14 11:20:39

Ko Hyeon-jeong's temptation(?), Kwon Sang-woo puts on dancing shoes

coming200804141120340.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo is working hard for the dance scene in his comeback work, SBS drama "Big Things". He acts as Haryu, who is well-known for meeting women in local cabarets.

He is learning the jitterbug, blues, cha-cha-cha, rumba, jive, and samba five days at week at a sports dance school. One representative of the drama said, "He is learning dance to accomplish his role well. He is working hard, and everybody has confidence in him".

"Big Things", with a production cost of ten billion won, will start filming early next month and will film in Japan mid-next month. Ko Hyeon-jeong, acting with Kwon Sang-woo, will play Korea's first female president.

~~~~~

Source: Javabeans

SBS's Daemul on the skids

May 27th, 2008 // by javabeans

200805271752451115_1.jpg

The high-profile (and high-budget) upcoming SBS drama Daemul (Big Fish), starring Go Hyun Jung and Kwon Sang Woo as a female president and a gigolo, is in danger of going bust.

The series, originally planned for the second half of this year, has halted production. It's having difficulty coming together; because of a rift between SBS and the production company due to so-called "director replacement issues," PD Kim Hyung Shik has stepped back, and SBS is also avoiding involvement. It's unclear whether the series will be able to continue. {update: Daemul's new PD is Yoon Sang-ho who co-directed MBC drama "Legend" with PD Kim Jong-hak last year}

The actors (she in her follow-up to hit cop drama H.I.T., he attempting to spring back from melodrama flop Bad Love) are awaiting an official decision from the production company.

Daemul was originally a manhwa published serially in a sports newspaper by creator Park In Kwon. The drama is in the hands of Lee Kim Productions, which also produced What Happened in Bali and War of Money.

Via My Daily

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Starnews 06/16 10:39

Ko Hyeon-jeong, movie pains? "Big Things" Danger of being stranded

2008061610111219727_1.jpg

The drama "Big Things" that has drawn attention for being Kwon Sang-woo and Ko Hyeon-jeong's television rendezvous is in danger of being abandoned, as the completion has been pushed back.

A representative of "Big Things" said, "Ko Hyeon-jeong delivered an ultimatum to the drama producers about an appearance in a movie. The decision will be out shortly". Ko Hyeon-jeong has been preparing for the next work because "Big Things" was planned to air in July.

But in the producing stages of the drama, the director changed and the drama went through complications. The completion has been changed to November, and because of plans for her next work, she requested the producing companies for an answer.

This representative said, "Ko Hyeon-jeong's side told us that they were considering a movie that starts filming later this year. They asked us to be specific about several cases".

"Big Things" is a remake of a comic about a female president and a bodyguard. Director Yoon Sang-ho has been confirmed and is carefully looking over the script.

The other main character, Kwon Sang-woo, also confirmed his appearance in the drama "Road Number One" and if the completion of "Big Things" is postponed, his leaving is inevitable. "Road Number One" is a war drama directed by Lee Jang-soo, who began his fate with Kwon Sang-woo in "Stairway to Heaven".

Another representative of "Big Things" said, "Because Ko Hyeon-jeong has a loyalty to "Big Things", she is trying to negotiate. Specific details about filming will be out soon".

Guest kdramafanusa
Guest kdramafanusa

The Elegant Family <우아한 가족>

PD: Jo Nam-gook 조남국 ("How To Meet A Perfect Neighbor")

SCRIPT: Choi Hyun-kyung 최현경 ("By Land And Sky", "A Farewell To Sorrow")

CAST: Yoon So-yi

Broadcast Time: Saturday/Sunday

First Broadcast: (replacing "I Am Happy")

Name of drama is changed from "The Elegant Family <우아한 가족>" to "Glass City <유리의 성>".

This drama is about...

'행복합니다' 후속 '유리의 성' 확정...윤소이 아나운서 변신, 안방 공략

입력 : 2008-06-16 16:58:07

PP08032400127.JPG

▲ 윤소이

[이데일리 SPN 김용운기자]SBS 주말극장 '행복합니다' 후속 드라마의 제목이 '유리의 성'으로 확정됐다.

애초 '우아한 가족'이란 제목으로 기획되었던 '유리의 성'은 방송국 아나운서가 재벌가에 시집을 갔다가 이혼 한 뒤 다시 최고의 앵커가 되는 과정을 그린 드라마.

윤소이가 불우한 환경 속에서도 당당히 자신의 인생을 설계해 나가는 아나운서 정민주 역을 맡았으며 다른 배역은 캐스팅이 진행 중에 있다.

'유리의 성' 관계자는 "윤소이가 아나운서 역을 위해 5월부터 아나운서 전문교육을 받고 있다"며 "캐스팅이 확정되는 대로 7월 초부터 촬영에 들어갈 예정이다"고 말했다.

이 관계자는 "8월초 '유리의 성'이 방영예정이었지만 북경 올림픽 중계로 인해 8월 말이나 9월 초에 '행복합니다' 후속으로 안방극장을 찾게 됐다"고 덧붙였다.

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...mp;curtype=read

Guest kdramafanusa

Tazza <타짜> [20 episodes]

ORIGINAL COMIC: Heo Young-man 허영만

PD: Kang Sin-hyo 강신효 ("All In", "To Marry A Millionaire")

SCRIPT: Ya Sul-rok 야설록

CAST: Jang Hyuk, Sung Hyun-ah, Kim Min-joon, Kim Kap-soo

Broadcast Time: Monday/Tuesday 9:55pm

First Broadcast: 2008-09-08 (replacing "Gourmet")

Related Links: Soompi thread

20080618173213_bodyfile.jpg

Sung Hyun-ah, Han Ye-seul [photo=yonhap]

Han Ye-seul joins the cast of "Tazza", she will play "Kwang-sook 광숙" the childhood friend of "Go-ni 고니" Jang Hyuk (Jo Seung-woo in the movie); this role is new (doesn't exist in the movie & original comic series).

Kim Min-joon: Young-min 영민

Sung Hyun-ah: Madam Jung 정마담 (Kim Hye-soo's role)

Kim Kap-soo: Ah-gwi 아귀 (Kim Yoon-suk's role)

Filming will start in July.

~~~

한예슬, SBS '타짜' 여주인공 낙점…장혁·김민준과 호흡

2008-06-18 10:34:55

200806180915481116_1.jpg

[마이데일리 = 최나영 기자] 배우 한예슬이 SBS '타짜'(극본 야설록·연출 강신효)의 여주인공으로 낙점됐다.

한예슬은 9월 방송 예정인 '타짜'에서 여주인공 광숙 역을 맡았다. 광숙은 주인공 고니(장혁)의 연인으로 영화 '타짜'에서는 존재하지 않은 인물로 드라마에서 새롭게 선보이는 캐릭터다. 극중 고니 역 장혁과 고니의 어릴 적 친구인 영민 역 김민준과 호흡을 맞춘다.

이로써 한예슬은 지난 2006년 방송된 MBC '환상의 커플' 이후 약 2년만에 브라운관에 복귀한다.

한편 성현아가 영화 '타짜'에서 김혜수가 맡아 인상을 남긴 정마담 역을, 김갑수가 김윤석이 열연한 아귀 역으로 출연한다.

'타짜'는 허영만 화백의 동명 원작을 소재로 한 드라마로 조승우가 주인공 고니 역을 맡아 2006년 영화로 제작돼 680만명의 관객을 동원한 바 있다.

'타짜'의 제작사 올리브나인의 한 관계자는 "드라마 '타짜'는 원작이나 영화와 다른 기획으로 제작된다. 물론 원작에 충실하지만 광숙, 영민과 같이 새로운 인물을 추가했으며 보다 생생한 타짜들의 삶과 이를 통한 교훈을 담아낼 것이다"고 밝혔다.

7월 첫 촬영에 돌입하는 것으로 알려졌다.

[드라마 '타짜'의 여주인공 역을 맡은 한예슬. 사진 = 마이데일리 DB]

최나영 기자 nyny@mydaily.co.kr

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...806180915481116

~~~

韓藝瑟闊別兩年重返熒屏出演電視劇版《老千》

2008年06月18日10:33來源:MY DAILY

搜狐娛樂訊 韓國女演員韓藝瑟將重返闊別兩年之久的電視熒屏,出演SBS電視劇《老千》。

電視劇《老千》根據同名熱門漫畫改編,在2006年根據漫畫改編的同名影片曾創下了680萬觀影人數的好成績。韓藝瑟在電視劇版《老千》中飾演的是漫畫版《老千》和電影版《老千》中都不存在的原創人物。在劇中她將飾演男主角“高尼”青梅竹馬的朋友。除韓藝瑟外,成賢雅、金甲秀等也將出演電視劇版《老千》,成賢雅將飾演電影版《老千》中由金惠秀飾演的“鄭女士”,而金甲秀則將飾演大反派“阿鬼”。

電視劇版《老千》製作公司負責人表示:“電視劇版將以漫畫原著為基礎為觀眾展現與電影版《老千》不一樣的老千們的世界。”由張赫,韓藝瑟等主演的電視劇版《老千》將在7月正式開拍。

李奎林/文 版權所有Mydaily禁止轉載

(責任編輯:狐狸雨)

~~~~~

Guest Cerise

There is news in the kbs site about a weekend drama casting that will replace the current Mom's Dead Upset.

I can't translate the whole thing but the parts that I understood is that Kim Sung Su, Lee Tae Ran, and Ji Hyun Woo have been casted in 내사랑 금지옥엽. I think it is confirmed because the filming will start in early July. The broadcast will be in August. Ji Hyun Woo's character is may be a dentist.

2008. 06. 19

KBS 후속 주말극 ‘김성수-이태란-지현우’ 캐스팅 확정

‘엄마가 뿔났다’ 후속으로 방영 예정인 KBS2TV 주말연속극 <내사랑 금지옥엽(가제, 극본 박현주, 연출 이응진)>이 캐스팅을 확정하고 7월 초 첫 촬영에 돌입한다.

# 세상의 모든 아버지를 위한, 고개숙인 아빠들을 대변하는 드라마

<내 사랑 금지옥엽>은 두 친구 사이에 일어난 과거의 충격적인 사건으로 인해 두가정이 파탄이 난 채 나름 힘겨운 삶을 살았으나, 삼십 년후 두 친구의 아들과 딸이 연인으로 만나면서 상처와 오해를 사랑의 힘으로 극복하고 화해를 이끌어내는 이야기를 다룰 예정이다.

o89r0h.jpg

△ '엄마가 뿔났다' 후속 '내사랑 금지옥엽'에 출연할 김성수-이태란-지현우

김성수는 전직 싱어송라이터, 왕년의 스타였던 전설(이인호) 역을 맡아 연기한다. 그리고 전설과 원수에서 사랑하는 사이로 변해가며 호흡을 맞출 이태란은 극 중 연애낙제생이자 라디오PD인 장인호 역을 맡아 분한다.

이 외 지현우가 바람둥이 치과의사로, 윤혜영이 백마병에 걸린 노처녀 방송작가로, 박해미가 왕비병에 걸린 건축교수로 등장할 예정이며, 박인환, 나문희 등 베테랑 연기자들이 출연할 예정이다.

2008년 하반기 주말 안방극장을 강타할 <내사랑 금지옥엽>은 8월 말 KBS2TV 방송 예정이다.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Herald 2008.06.18

[Junior Herald]Actor Mun Jung-hyuk comes back as a *masked assassin

KBS' new drama "Strongest Chilwoo"(최강칠우) starring Mun Jung-hyuk and Goo Hye-sun began airing on Tuesday, June 17. Strongest Chil-woo, which is being compared to SBS' drama *in progress "Iljimae"(일지매), is another heroic, *historical drama where the main character Chil-woo fights for *justice and stands up for the *commoners.

Chil-woo, played by Mun, was raised by a *foster father and works as a *low-ranking officer by day and *transforms into a masked assassin by night. The setting of the story takes place in the Joseon Dynasty and the plot covers historically recorded factual incidents from the period.

The action scenes of Strongest Chilwoo are less *cruel and less serious than traditional sword fighting historical dramas that viewers are *accustomed with so the drama has been o f t e n t i m e s misinterpreted as a fusion piece. " The drama has no relation to fusion. The actions scenes might have spread the *notion but our story is fitted to a typical historical drama,"said director Park Man-young at a press conference.

Being Mun's first challenge in traditional drama, it is up to the viewers to judge if the new hero has enough superpower to win over people's heart.

"In difficult situations, we always look for someone to rescue us from the situation. And we want that someone to be among us. That is where Chil-woo comes in," added Park.

By Yoo Bo-lam

(bolamyoo@heraldm.com)

Archived