Dramas [2008~2009]

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest Cerise

I was thinking... Well first I agree this thread is brilliant it deserves to be pinned up in the first page. ^_^

Anyhow, what I was thinking is that... this could also be the directory for all the upcoming dramas threads too. If it's not much trouble to you (kdramafanusa) can you add the thread together with the drama's title in the first page. :blush:

If you like the idea... here's a few..

Gourmet: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86718

East of the Eden: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190567

The Strongest Chil Woo: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206689

The World they live in: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=216429

Tazza/War of the Flowers: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=216465

The Kingdom of the Winds: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221226

The Lawyers of the Great Republic of Korea: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=219599

Sirasoni: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221247

Painter of the Wind: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189958

Beethoven Virus: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207170

Iljimae (SBS): http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171482

Triple: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=216299

Daemul: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197282

Empress Chun Choo: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=218776

^_^

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: My Daily 2008-06-04 12:24:17

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

"East of Eden", Song Seung-heon, Lee Da-hae, and Yeon Jeong-hoon confirmed cast

200806041216241111_1.jpg

Actor Yeon Jeong-hoon has decided on MBC drama "East of Eden" as his comeback work after being released from the army. His management company officially announced his participation in "East of Eden" following Song Seung-heon and Lee Da-hae.

His management company, J-Tune, revealed on the 4th that Yeon Jeong-hoon signed the contract and will start filming. There was as much interest for the cast as for the blockbuster that drew 25 billion won in investment.

When Yeon Jeong-hoon, who had been going back and forth about his participation, decided to sign, the filming officially began. Until now, they have been filming the younger actors for "East of Eden".

"East of Eden" is a story about the twisted fate and revenge of two men who were born in the same hospital. Yeon Jeong-hoon plays Dong-hoon Dong-wook, an attorney who must live his life with a backward fate. The main character, Dong-chul, is played by top star Song Seung-heon. Lee Da-hae plays the female lead, who shakes the relationship between the two men.

Lee Yeon-hee and Han Ji-hye complete the main cast.

Guest 영원한 사랑

no wonbin????

i thought wonbin was having a drama this yr

at least thats what i heard

urghhh :(

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: MyDaily 2008-04-01 11:12:58

Movie "Friend" into Drama… Who plays Jang Dong-gun and Yoo Oh-seong's roles?

200804011104521115_1.jpg

It seems we will meet "Friend", which premiered in 2001 and drew 8 million viewers, on television.

The production company is planning to produce "Friend" as a drama, and director Kwak Kyung-taek will hold the megaphone once more. "Friend" drew a lot of popularity from the start, left many catchphrases, and allowed Jang Dong-gun to officially rise up in stardom.

Jang Dong-gun and Yoo Oh-seong starred with strong Pusan accents and captivated audiences with their acting. The drama will cast stars with other styles but the list, of course, includes top stars.

Who will be the actors who receive judgment for following in Jang Dong-gun and Yoo Oh-seong's footsteps?

We cannot exclude Jang Dong-gun, who has worked with Director Kwak Gyeong-tae in "Typhoon" and "Friend". However, it doesn't seem likely that Jang Dong-gun will star in the drama after starring in the movie.

Because many directors work with actors they've already worked with, there is a possibility of Joo Jin-mo, who did "a LOVE", and Jeong Woo-seong, who did "Mutt Boy". Kim Min-joon, who was in "a LOVE", is better qualified, for he is from Pusan and can pull off the accent.

Because the drama will be in Pusan, like the movie, Kim Min-joon and other stars from Pusan might be qualified. Other stars from Pusan include Jang Hyeok, Lee Joon-ki, and Kang Dong-won.

Other actors who haven't starred in dramas recently are Won Bin, Yoo Ji-tae, Eom Tae-woong, Kim Joo-hyeok, Hyeon Bin, Jo Han-seon, and Lee Jeong-jae.

Guest Cerise

Hi Cerise, I thought of including the links as well; just didn't have time to look them up. Thanks for the list, I will add them asap. :)

Not sure how to arrange the dramas in post #3. Alphabetical order might be easier...

For now, I just group them by network; the titles are then sorted by the expected broadcast time (whichever one starts first will come first).

I can help you and list them for you if you want. ^_^

Your arrangement is perfect, if you ask me. I like the way you put..

I mean arranging by network is very apprehensible. Actually it makes it easier to look up any drama.

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Starnews 2008-05-26

Park Sol-mi, drama comeback with "My Woman"

2008052610181455044_1.jpg

Park Sol-mi is coming back to TV dramas after three years.

She plays career woman Sarah, who is fluent in English, Japanese, and Russian, in MBC "My Woman".

This is her first drama since 2005 KBS "Golden Apple", and her return to acting after the April 2007 release of her movie "Paradise 1986".

"My Woman" is an interpretation of the 1980s drama MBC "The Terminal". The main actress was Kim Ja-ok. The remake will be written by Lee Hee-woo of SBS "Jang Gil-Sahn" and Seon Kyeong-hee, and Lee Kwang-hee will direct.

Sarah is an ambitious woman who feels a weakness in poverty and cold-heartedly betrays the man she has loved to climb up in society.

Park Sol-mi said, "I wanted to greet you again but I was trying to carefully pick a project. I hope that I can repay my fans who waited for me through this project. It had a firm scenario, and the main character 'Sarah', with both good and evil sides, caught my eye".

~~~

[source: KBS World 2008-05-26]

Actress Park Sol-mi Returns to TV Screen

e080526_02.jpg

Actress Park Sol-mi of the “All In” fame will return to TV screen for her first acting role in three years. She is to star in weekend drama series “My Woman” due to air in July. She will play a talented and multilingual career woman named Sera. The main character Sera is an ambitious woman, who betrays her long-time boyfriend in order to attain the riches and enter high society.

Park’s last regular appearance on TV was in KBS drama “Golden Apple” in 2005. Since then she has starred in the 2007 film “Paradise Murdered” opposite Park Hae-il. She said that it took her a long time to come back to TV, because she took care to select a role that fit her best. Park thanked her fans for waiting patiently during the hiatus and added that the character Sera was very appealing, because Sera has both the bright and dark sides to her personality.

“My Woman” is a remake of “Terminal,” a high-rating drama during the 1980s. The new version will be written by Lee Hii-woo and Sun Kyung-hee and directed by esteemed producer Lee Kwan-hee.

Guest kdramafanusa

SBS Wednesday/Thursday drama "Painter Of The Wind"

[2008.09.24] Painter Of The Wind <바람의 화원> - Park Shin-yang, Moon Geun-young [24 episodes]

16383_1.jpg

[image=innolife]

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Yonhap 2008-05-19 10:52

Chae Si-ra, drama comeback after two years

AKR20080519076800041_01_i.jpg

Actress Chae Si-ra received the title role of the historical drama "Che".

KBS said on the 19th, "Chae Si-ra was chosen as the main character for "Empress Cheon Chu", which will star airing in October after "The Great King Sejong". This drama is about heroine of the Goryeo dynasty who fights against the Tungustic people of Manchuria in order to achieve the dream of reclaiming their old land.

As the granddaughter of Wang Geon, and mother of Mokjong, she had great power as a regent. Chae Si-ra will play Empress Cheon Chu, who has is broad-minded, and will show a charismatic heroine.

The script will be by Son Yeong-mok, who wrote "The Final Match" and "Faraway Country", the producer will be Sin Chang-seok of "The Age of Warriors" and "Golden Apple". For Chae Si-ra, who had her second child last November, it has been two years since her last drama, KBS "Invisible Man".

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 05-27-2008 16:03

Korean Chick Lit Books Turned Into Dramas

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia, Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporters

080527_p14_korean.jpg

A scene from the novel-based drama “My Sweet Seoul.” It will start airing June 6 at 9:55 p.m. on SBS. / Courtesy of CJ Entertainment

Chick lit books have always been popular among young Korean women, especially the "Shopaholic'' series by Sophie Kinsella and "The Devil Wears Prada'' by Lauren Weisberger.

Korean chick lit books are also gaining popularity, and two popular books are being turned into television dramas.

The glamorous world of the fashion industry will be the backdrop for the up-coming SBS drama "Style," based on a novel written by Baek Young-ok, a former fashion reporter.

A producer from SBS said Tuesday it has finalized the purchase of the rights to turn "Style" into a drama. The drama is expected to air by March next year.

There is no word yet on who will play the lead role in the TV soap. In "Style," the main character is a 31-year-old female reporter at a fashion magazine. It gives an inside look at the world of fashion and luxury. It also deals with office politics, fierce competition in the fashion world and the luxury goods industry.

080527_p14_korean1.jpg

"Style'' has been likened to "The Devil Wears Prada," a fictionalized account of a young woman's experience working for a top fashion magazine in New York.

The novel was chosen as the winner of Segye Ilbo's 4th World Literature Award last year. Baek has also published other works including "It's All Roh Moo-hyun's Fault" and "Cat Shanti.''

Along with "Style,'' another popular book "My Sweet Seoul,'' written by Jeong Yi-hyun, will be brought to the television screens June 6.

Dubbed as a "premium drama,'' the best seller turned production will portray the life of a 31-year-old single woman Oh Eun-soo played by actress Choi Kang-hee.

The novel "My Sweet Seoul'' first appeared as a series in the Chosun Ilbo back in 2005. The realistic storyline and detailed literary style grabbed the attention of young women in their mid-20s and 30s, and the author soon came out with the book version. Through the protagonist Oh, the book displays the story of her love and office life, friendship and family. The drama is expected to pick up the detailed and trendy life of Oh from the book.

The drama will follow the basic story line with additional plots along the way. Along with actress Choi, actors Lee Sun-kyun and Ji Hyun-woo will also appear as the main male characters.

Another interesting feature of the drama is the production crew. Park Heung-sik, the producer of the drama, will join writer Song Hae-jin and shooting director Choi Young-ta to create the drama version of the book. Park, Song and Choi have worked together for the movie "My Mother, The Mermaid'' (2004) and they promised to bring movie-like scenes and backdrops for drama fans.

"My Sweet Seoul'' will be aired 9:55 p.m., June 6 on SBS.

cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest Mariemerong

Thanks for having made this thread. Now i can check what's on :).

OMG. Bi's going for 'Four Seasons'. Damn I was REALLY looking forward to Full House 2.

O Well at least he is doing well.

Though I can't wait for Song Hye Kyo's New drama with Hyunbin.

Guest ovette

the thread was supposed to be for confirmed news , and most news that appeared arent really confirm till later of the stage of production . and also news of 2009 drama arent really suppose to be in the drama schedule thread

we can always remove the current stickly thread then . if it is not considered to be updated regularly .and then whatmore there are also always new drama thread that are open .so i wasnt sure really is news suppose to be at the news thread or the drama thread . --;.

ohno..! i didnt mean to offend you.. :( i really appreciate the drama schedule thread.. thank you for your efforts!

glad to hear news about upcoming dramas as well thank you!

Guest cecil

로드 넘버원 - 이지아 고수 (2009년 6월방영예정)

제작진 - 이장수 한지훈 등

내용 - 갑작스레 전쟁에 참전하게 된 육군사관 생도와 그의 선배이자 라이벌이 전쟁이라는 극한 상황에서 살아남기 위해 갈등과 협력을 통해 전우애를 쌓아가는 과정을 그린 드라마

The Road No 1: Lee Ji Ah and Go Soo

I thought Kwon Sang Woo accpected this drama

Guest kdramafanusa

고조선, 신라, 낙랑… TV, 새로운 역사를 쓰다

OSEN | 기사입력 2008.06.10 10:15

20080610101520.246.0.jpg

[OSEN=김국화 기자] 조선시대를 이야기하던 사극이 고구려 '주몽' '태왕사신기', 고려 '왕건'을 이야기하는 것은 새로웠다. 조선왕조실록 내용으로 국한됐던 사극이 새로운 소재를 찾은 결과 시청자들의 볼거리는 풍성해졌다.

사극은 시청자들의 충성도가 높은 장르이고 많은 사람들이 공감할 수 있지만 역사란 한정돼 있다. 사람들의 흥미를 끌만한 소재인 '정조' '연산군' '폐비 윤씨' 등이 사극의 단골 메뉴로 반복되는 건 어쩔 수 없는 현실이다.

방송사와 제작사는 시청자들의 흥미를 끌기 위해 계속 새로운 소재를 찾는다. 때문에 올 하반기와 내년 상반기에는 틈새 시장을 공략해 지금까지 다루지 않았던 새로운 시대의 역사를 풀어가는 사극이 기획되고 있다.

'주몽' '황진이' '왕과 나'등을 제작했던 올리브나인에서는 사극 최초로 고조선 이야기를 다룰 '단군'을 기획하고 있다. SBS 드라마 '타짜'의 야설록 작가가 집필하는 '단군'은 신화적 접근이 아닌 역사적인 관점에서 인간 '단군'에 초점을 맞춘다. 총 100회 예정이며 2009년 정도에 브라운관을 통해 접할 수 있을 것으로 예상된다.

MBC에서는 역사상 최초의 여왕이자 16년 간 재위한 '선덕여왕'을 준비하고 있다. KBS에서 '대왕세종' 후속으로 고려 여걸 '천추태후'를 준비하고 있어 '선덕여왕'과의 여성 리더십 비교도 재미있는 볼거리가 될 것 같다. 또 '선덕여왕'은 시청자들에게 신라에 대한 새로운 인식을 심어줄 수 있을 것이다.

SBS에서는 낙랑을 배경으로 50부작 대하드라마 '왕녀 자명고'를 기획하고 있다. 호동왕자와 낙랑공주 설화를 바탕으로 한 이 드라마는 '왕녀 자명고'가 북이 아니라 낙랑공주의 이복 언니라는 설정으로 세 사람의 삼각관계를 이룬다는 설정이다. 또한 낙랑과 고구려의 정치적 갈등도 심도있게 다룰 예정이어서 시청자들의 흥미를 끈다.

miru@osen.co.kr

[Copyright ⓒ 한국 최고의 스포츠 엔터테인먼트 전문 미디어 OSEN(www.osen.co.kr) 제보및 보도자료 osenstar@osen.co.kr 무단전재 및 재배포 금지]

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...4&cp=poctan

Guest kdramafanusa

비, 전지현과 드라마 잠정 연기..7월 귀국

06/10 11:32

2008061011170308411_1.jpg

ⓒ<머니투데이 스타뉴스>

한류스타에서 월드스타로 발돋움하고 있는 가수 겸 배우 비와 전지현의 드라마 동시 출연이 잠정적으로 연기됐다.

비 소속사 제이튠 관계자는 10일 "비와 전지현의 일정이 맞지 않아 드라마 계획을 보류하게 됐다"고 밝혔다.

당초 비는 싸이더스HQ에서 제작하는 드라마 '사계'에 출연하는 것을 긍정적으로 검토 중이었다. '사계'는 150억원의 제작비가 투입되는 작품으로 입양아 출신의 프랑스 용병과 종군 여기자의 사랑을 다룬 작품이다. 비와 함께 전지현이 주인공 후보로 유력하게 거론됐다.

비는 '상두야 학교가자' '이 죽일 놈의 사랑' 등으로 인연을 맺은 이경희 작가가 집필한다는 점에서 이 드라마에 강한 호의를 보였다.

이에 대해 제이튠 관계자는 "비가 베를린에서 '닌자 어새신' 촬영을 마치고 이르면 7월초 귀국한다"면서 "그 뒤로 앨범 준비를 하는데 '닌자 어새신' 홍보 일정과 드라마 일정이 도저히 조율이 안될 것 같다"고 설명했다.

전지현 또한 '블러드 라스트 더 뱀파이어'가 해외 개봉 및 국내 개봉 일정을 조율 중이어서 해외 촬영이 필수적인 '사계'에 일정을 맞추기가 곤란한 것으로 알려졌다.

제이튠 관계자는 "하지만 이 드라마의 내용과 이경희 작가에 대한 신뢰가 무척 크기 때문에 안한다는 게 아니라 보류한 것"이라면서 "기회가 맞는다면 논의를 다시 할 것"이라고 말했다.

싸이더스HQ측 또한 "'사계'는 엎어진 게 아니라 잠정적으로 보류한 상태"라면서 "좋은 기획인데다 톱스타들이 관심을 보이는 만큼 올 하반기 다시 논의를 시작할 것"이라고 밝혔다.

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...061011170308411

(quick summary)

Rain, Jeon Ji-hyun's Drama Postponed...Coming Home In July

Rain and Jeon Ji-hyun's drama is delayed.

On the 10th, a personnel from Rain's management company J. TUNE said that Rain and Jeon Ji-hyun's schedules......

Rain's originally considering a starring role in a 15 billion Won TV drama "Four Seasons" produced by Sidus HQ. "Four Seasons" is a love story between an adopted (orphan) French soldier and a female reporter. Rain and Jeon Ji-hyun are the strong candidates.

Rain is interested in this drama, it is written by Lee Kyung-hee 이경희 who worked with him in "Sang Do, Let's Go To School" and "A Love To Kill".

A J. TUNE personnel explained that Rain will return to Korea in the beginning of July after finishing movie "Ninja Assassin" in Berlin, he will then prepare for his new album. The promotional schedule of "Ninja Assassin" and drama schedule conflict with each other (?).

Jeon Ji-hyun will also be promoting her movie "Last Vampire" locally and abroad. Since "Four Seasons" requires oversea filming, scheduling is difficult.

A J. TUNE personnel said that even though there is scheduling conflict, they haven't given up on the project because of drama's content and their very big trust/belief in writer Lee Kyung-hee. If another opportunity works out, they will reconsider.

Sidus HQ also pointed that "Four Seasons" is not being dropped. Discussion will start again in the 2nd half of this year.

Guest kdramafanusa

Another project from Choi Wan-kyu! 12 billion Won drama "Hidden 히든".

In addition, his recent/upcoming projects include "Sikgaek/Gourmet", "Kingdom Of The Winds", "General Hospital 2", "IRIS".

최완규 "해외 겨냥 첫 드라마 '히든' 집필"

연합뉴스 | 기사입력 2008.06.10 22:01

120억 투입 내년 초 SBS TV 통해 방영

(나가사키=연합뉴스) 김영현 기자 = 작가 최완규(44)는 현재 국내 드라마 작가 가운데 가장 바쁜 사람으로 통한다. 작년 초 종영한 MBC TV '주몽'을 집필한 그는 최근 MBC TV '이산'에 이어 SBS TV '식객', MBC TV '종합병원2', KBS 2TV '바람의 나라' 등의 대본 작업에 '크리에이터'로 참여하고 있다.

여기에 제작비 120억 원 규모의 대작 '히든'의 대본을 직접 쓰고 있고, 이병헌 주연의 첩보드라마 '아이리스'의 대본 작업에도 관여하고 있다.

20080610220110.625.0.jpg

10일 오후 일본 나가사키현 하우스텐보스에서 열린 제3회 동아시아방송작가 콘퍼런스 도중 만난 최 작가는 일본에서도 여전히 분주한 모습이었다. 한국에서 추진하는 일 때문에 계속해서 전화벨이 울렸다. 그는 "오늘 밤에도 호텔방에서 대본 작업을 해야 한다"고 하소연했다.

그는 이날 인터뷰에서 '주몽' 이후 처음으로 직접 집필에 나서는 대작 드라마 '히든'에 대해 "일본을 주무대로 한 이 드라마는 올 하반기부터 촬영을 시작할 계획이며 제작비 규모는 120억 원 정도가 될 것"이라며 "기획 단계부터 의도적으로 해외시장을 겨냥해서 집필하기는 이 드라마가 처음"이라고 말했다.

아울러 그는 한국 드라마 제작 현실의 문제점, 드라마 '식객' 등의 기획 방향 등에 대해서도 진지하고 소탈한 화법으로 설명했다. 그는 '허준', '올인', '상도' 등 히트 드라마를 썼으며, 현재 외주제작사 에이스토리의 대주주로 이 회사 소속 작가 집단을 이끌고 있다.

--콘퍼런스에서 다른 나라 작품을 감상한 느낌은.

▲중국 작가 정샤오룽의 '금혼'은 묘한 감동을 줬다. 눈물이 핑 돌았다. 우리가 잊어버리고 의식적으로 배제했던 인간의 기본적인 정서 문제를 다룬 것을 보고 감동받았다. 중국 시청자들은 저런 드라마를 재미있게 보고 감동받는데 우리는 조금 더 자극적인 이야기를 담을 궁리만 하는 것 같아 안타까웠다.

--이런 교류가 각국 드라마의 발전에 실질적인 기여를 할 수 있겠는가.

▲당장 가시적인 성과를 얻기에는 현실적으로 만만치 않을 것이다. 다만 그런 시도와 노력을 몇 년째 하고 있다는 상황 자체는 의미가 있다. 각국에서 만들어진 드라마가 국경을 넘나들며 다른 나라에서 방영되는 것 자체가 이미 교류라고 생각한다.

--한류 열풍이 드라마 집필 과정에 어떤 영향을 미치고 있나.

▲10년 전에는 드라마를 기획할 때 우리 시청자만을 염두에 두고 작업했다. 요즘은 아시아권 30억 시청자가 내 드라마를 본다는 생각을 하면 소름이 돋기도 한다. 최근에는 이런 부분을 의식하지 않을 수 없다. 한국의 드라마 제작현실이 어렵다 보니 해외판매를 염두에 둬야 하는 상황이다.

--해외판매를 염두에 두고 기획한 작품이 있나.

▲처음으로 일본 지역에 먼저 판매하는 것을 염두에 두고 드라마를 기획하고 있다. '올인'의 유철용 감독과 24부작 '히든'이라는 드라마를 작업하고 있다. 드라마 배경은 1960년대 일본 오사카이며 재일한국인의 삶을 다루게 된다. 제작비는 120억 원 규모이며 올 하반기부터 일본과 동남아시아에서 촬영을 시작한다. 제작규모가 크다 보니 일본 시장에서의 구매력이 전제되지 않으면 제작 자체가 어렵다.

--'히든'의 구체적인 내용과 작업 진행 과정은.

▲'대부' 시리즈와 '원스 어폰 어 타임 인 아메리카' 같은 영화를 좋아했다. 이런 드라마를 써 보고 싶었는데 우리 정서에서는 잘 안 됐다. 1960년대 일본이라는 공간에는 내가 하고 싶었던 느낌을 담을 수 있겠다고 생각했다.

대본 1회가 완성됐으며 촬영 전까지 8회 정도 완성할 생각이다. '주몽' 이후 순수하게 작가로서 집필하는 첫 작품이다. 캐스팅이 진행 중이며, 내년 초 SBS TV를 통해 방송될 예정이다. 동명 소설은 이미 출간했다.

해방 후 한국으로 돌아오지 못하고 일본에 남아 뿌리를 내리고 살 수밖에 없었던 한국 사람들을 다룬다. 이들에게는 생존과 교육이 중요했으나 재일 한국 젊은이들은 현실적으로 꿀 수 있는 꿈이 없었다. 드라마에 1960년대 일본에서 살아간 20대 젊은이들의 성공 스토리를 담을 생각이며 주인공은 갬블러다.

--최근 1~2년 동안 무척 바쁜 스케줄을 소화했다.

▲크리에이터로서의 역할과 순수한 드라마 작가로서의 일을 했다. 크리에이터로서 에이스토리 소속 작가들과 함께 작업하며 드라마의 일관성과 통일성을 유지하려 했다. '이산', '식객', '종합병원2', '바람의 나라' 등이 대표적이다. 미국 드라마의 형태를 염두에 둔 '아이리스'도 몇 명의 작가와 함께 작업하고 있다.

--'식객', '종합병원2', '바람의 나라'는 원작(또는 1편)과 어떤 차별화를 시도할 것인가.

▲'식객'의 경우 원작만화가 있다는 점 때문에 굉장히 어려운 작업이 되고 있다. 원작만화는 단편적으로 이야기를 가져 가면서 사람과 음식을 감동적으로 다뤘다. 하지만 그런 구조로는 드라마가 될 수 없다. 새로운 인물과 갈등이 필요하다. 사극이 아닌 현대극에서, 그것도 음식을 소재로 대결하는 구도를 만드는 데는 한계가 있다. 꾸며진 이야기를 얼마나 현실감 있게 전달할지 고민하고 있다.

1994년 '종합병원'이 방송된 후 퀄리티 높은 의학드라마가 많이 나왔다. 시청자의 기대 수준이 높아졌다. 우리는 시청자가 '종합병원'에 대해 갖고 있는 좋은 기억을 되살릴 생각이다. 병원 내의 치열한 갈등이나 권력구조 보다는 따뜻한 휴머니즘에 바탕을 둔 이야기와 의사들의 힘든 성장과정 등을 전할 것이다. MBC에서 11월부터 방송된다.

'바람의 나라'도 열혈 마니아를 거느린 원작 만화가 있다. '주몽'에 등장했던 송일국이 어렵게 출연을 결정해줬다. 주몽의 손자 이야기라 의미있는 작업이다. 주몽이 고구려를 건국했다면 이를 완성한 것이 '바람의 나라' 주인공인 무휼이다. 원작에서는 무휼과 그 아들인 호동왕자의 이야기에 치중하는데 드라마는 무휼의 탄생부터 성장과정을 다룰 것이다. 원작의 신물(神物), 사신(四神) 등 판타지적 요소는 언급하기 어려울 것이다.

--현재 한류의 문제점은.

▲우리에게 재미있는 드라마는 외국 시청자에게도 재미있을 것이다. 하지만 그동안에는 우리에게도 재미없는 드라마까지 무차별적으로 해외에 팔았다. 이에 대해 외국 시청자들이 실망한 부분이 있을 것이다. 콘텐츠의 질 자체가 탄탄해야 지속적으로 한류가 유지될 것이다. 작가 중심의 한류도 꼭 필요한 부분이다.

--한류를 지속시키기에 한국 드라마 제작 현실이 어렵지 않은가.

▲최근에는 거의 시한폭탄을 돌리는 수준이다. 조금 과장해서 말하면 최근 거의 모든 드라마 제작이 적자다. 이대로 가다가는 공멸할 분위기다. 큰 방향에서 지각변동이 일어나지 않으면 한류고 뭐고 근본적으로 힘들어진다. 지상파 방송사와 정부가 특단의 조치를 취할 필요가 있다.

cool@yna.co.kr

(끝)

http://media.daum.net/entertain/others/vie...9&cp=yonhap

최완규 작가 “120억 대작 드라마 집필중”

입력: 2008년 06월 10일 22:00:00

ㆍ‘올인’ 유철용 감독과 손잡고 ‘히든’ 제작

드라마 ‘올인’ ‘주몽’을 만든 최완규 작가가 순수 제작비 120억원대의 드라마 ‘히든’을 집필한다.

최완규 작가는 10일 일본 규슈 나가사키 하우스텐보스 내 호텔 유럽에서 스포츠칸과 인터뷰를 갖고 이같은 계획을 공개했다. 연출은 최작가와 같은 제작사 에이스토리에 소속된 유철용 감독이 맡게 돼 드라마 ‘올인’ 이후 두 사람이 다시 한번 손을 맞잡게 됐다.

드라마 ‘히든’은 1960년 일본 오사카를 배경으로 힘든 삶을 일궈냈던 재일한국인들의 애환과 사랑을 담고 있다. 작품은 베트남 전쟁 등 한국 근현대사를 세밀하게 다룰 예정이다.

최완규 작가는 “촬영은 올 하반기부터 시작할 예정이며 캐스팅도 현재 활발히 진행되는 중”이라며 “세트비용을 뺀 순수 제작비만 120억대에 달하는 드라마”라고 말했다.

최작가는 “2003년 드라마 ‘올인’에 등장했던 갬블러의 삶을 좀더 구체화하고 싶어 이번 드라마의 주인공도 갬블러로 설정했다”며 “영화 ‘대부’ ‘원스 어폰 어 타임 인 아메리카’ 등의 스타일을 좋아했는데 60년대 일본이라면 그 느낌을 잘 살릴 수 있다는 생각이 들었다”고 집필의 동기를 밝혔다.

최완규 작가는 드라마 ‘히든’의 방향성에 대해서도 언급했다. 최작가는 “지금까지 내가 쓴 드라마가 성공담을 다룬 드라마가 많은데 이번 드라마에서도 어려운 조건을 딛고 자신 나름의 성공을 이루려는 젊은이들의 이야기를 다룬다”고 밝혔다. 또한 최작가는 “이미 출간된 소설 ‘히든’은 이 드라마를 만들기 위해 쓴 긴 시나리오의 개념으로 생각하면 될 것”라고 덧붙였다.

최소 120억원이 투입될 대작 드라마 ‘히든’은 내년 1월 편성될 것으로 보인다. 방송사는 SBS가 유력하다. 최근 ‘식객’ ‘종합병원2’ ‘바람의 나라’ 등의 작품에 활발하게 참여해온 최작가가 드라마 ‘히든’을 통해 그 명성을 다시 확인할 수 있을지 귀추가 주목된다.

<나가사키(일본) | 하경헌기자 azimae@kyunghyang.com>

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.htm...p;sec_id=540201

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

please update more news, but in english please.

i need the translation as i don't understand korean.

i really hope that kim tae hee will have a comeback.

i want her to be in full house with wonbin or rain, kang dong won would be good!

Guest kdramafanusa

Strongest Chil-woo <최강칠우>

PD: Park Man-young 박만영 ("One Million Roses", "Vineyard Man")

SCRIPT: Baek Un-chul 백운철

CAST: Eric, Goo Hye-sun, Yoo Ah-in, Im Ha-ryong

Broadcast Time: Monday/Tuesday 9:55pm

First Broadcast: 2008-06-17

Episodes: 20

Related Links: Soompi thread, Official site (K), The Mighty Chil-wu (E)

598490845898002364.jpg284636749298057897.jpg

[images=chosun/edaily]

~~~~~

[source: The Korea Times 06-04-2008 17:35]

'Chil-woo' to Bring Joseon Hero to TV

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

080604_p14_chil.jpg

Mun Chong-hyok, aka. Eric, left, and Koo Hye-sun will star in "Chil-woo,'' a TV drama about a Joseon hero that begins airing on KBS June 9. / Courtesy of KBS

The Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) is bringing the courageous life of a mysterious, yet heroic assassin to television screens through its new drama "Choigang Chil-woo'' June 9.

Along with exciting martial arts scenes, the drama will mainly depict the everyday lives of commoners who lived during the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910).

Mun Chong-hyok, also known as Eric from the pop band Shinhwa, will act the part of the assassin leading a double life, while actress Ku Hye-sun will be the heroine.

"We had a hard time shooting the drama because of the martial arts scenes, but it was all worth it. This is my first period piece and we worked on creating a Korean hero, instead of those that we already know from comic books and movies,'' Mun said at the press conference for the drama Wednesday.

The main character Chil-woo is an official working at Euigeumbu, today's equivalent of a courthouse. The rather shy and ignorant Chil-woo leads a quiet life, turning a blind eye whenever his fellow officials receive bribes and carry out other dark deeds. But when his stepfather and sister die right before his eyes, the nonchalant Chil-woo vows revenge. Living as a hopeless courthouse official during the daytime, Chil-woo starts his journey as an assassin helping powerless people who are in need of a hero.

"People tend to search for a hero when they are in trouble, and Chil-woo is one of them. He'll be helping ordinary people, instead of royal families like other (dramas),'' said Park Man-young, the producer of "Chil-woo.''

"Choigang Chil-woo'' aims for the first "traditional martial arts historical drama,'' but it faces competition even before airing. The Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) started airing their historical drama "Iljimae'' last month and has already gained popularity among drama fans with its dramatic and realistic action scenes. While "Iljimae'' is going for an authentic action drama, "Choigang Chil-woo'' will present comical and heartwarming tales of the Joseon people who lived here 400 years ago.

"All of the plots and characters are based on books and scripts that were written during the Joseon Kingdom. Of course, we think the fighting scenes are important, but our hero will be more down to earth,'' Park added. With many expectations and intense competition, "Choigang Chil-woo'' will air at 9:55 p.m. June 9 on KBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

~~~~~

[source: Korea Sparkling 06-05-2008]

Eric, Exciting Attempt at Historical Drama

570747_1_1.gif

Anyone being enlisted into the army agonizes over how to spend their last moments. A famous pop culture idol is hit with that feeling even harder. Whether it be a singer or an actor, their most shining moment is when they leave an everlasting memory of themselves as they part with their fans.

Eric from the group Shinhwa, decided to make a historical drama his final masterpiece before his enlistment. The new drama, Choe Gangchilu, which will be on every Mondays and Tuesdays starting on the 9th on KBS 2TV, will be the first historical drama for the singer, Eric, who has also been busy taking part as an actor recently. It is also his debut KBS drama.

On the 4th at the Gwanghwanun KT art hall in Seoul, Eric announced during the (press conference?) “In truth I planned to enlist after Shinhwa’s 10th anniversary concert, but coincidentally I received a good part and now plan to enlist after finishing the drama Choe Gangchilu…I’m very glad that I received this opportunity to experience acting in a historical play and taking part in a KBS project”

Eric plans to enlist in September after finishing this project.

Eric tells us that he feels “anxious and excited, but filming in an area where the air is fresh gives it a feeling that he is out on a picnic” and that “through the form of a Korean style superhero, he hopes to create a drama that impresses and humors all those who watch.”

He claims “With my name Eric, it seems that I was able to create an exotic image working as a member of Shinhwa but as a Korean I think doing a historical drama would fit my image as well” but “thankfully its not a traditional historical drama but a fusion drama because it makes it much easier when I can talk normally so there isn’t a lot to worry about.”

Choe Gangchilu is an action historical drama about a government servant in the police department of the Joseon Dynasty, who has the transforms into a powerful assassin and solves the issues at hand.

The character Chilu, Eric’s role, pretends to be a timid government worker, but when night comes, he becomes a warm-hearted assassin who dives into action.

~~~~~

[source: The Korea Herald 2008.06.09]

Yet another Joseon Dynasty hero swoops into prime time slot

Is it a time for heroes? SBS and KBS think so. Fast on the heels of SBS' masked marauder, Iljimae, KBS' Chil-woo, a veritable Joseon-style Batman, will swoop into the Monday and Tuesday night time slot on June 17.

Originally set to air tonight, the historical-action miniseries called "Choi Kang Chil Woo (Strongest Chil Woo)" got pushed back a week. News reports indicate that the date was delayed to avoid direct competition with MBC's "Isan," the final episode of which is set for June 16.

But "Isan" is just one of the many challenges that hero Chil-woo faces. With SBS set to crush Chil-woo before he has a chance to put up a fight, KBS needs to pull out all the stops early on to have a chance of winning.

SBS' currently popular "Iljimae" and its upcoming blockbuster "Sikgaek" are formidable foes in the race to get high ratings. And Chil-woo may not have what it takes to beat its competitors.

But singer-turned-actor Eric, who signed on to play the dark hero, disagrees. At last week's press conference, the 29-year old celebrity, also known as Mun Chong-hyok, said, "It is true; there are many similarities (to Iljimae) ... Initial comparisons cannot be avoided, but, with time, that will change. And the two shows do not air on the same days."

As Eric pointed out, "Iljimae" plays on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and "Choi Kang Chil Woo" will play on Monday and Tuesday nights. But will viewers want to tune into these heroes four nights in a row?

After all, both heroes are out for revenge. They both wear masks, carry out their deeds in the night, and were raised by foster parents. Add to that the long-awaited gastronomical epic, "Sikgaek," which is set to play on Monday and Tuesday nights starting June 16, and things are looking bleak for Chil-woo.

But the fight isn't over yet. Eric's star power -- this boy band rapper won audiences over in the hit MBC drama "Phoenix" (2004) -- may draw in a few fans. As this is his first historical drama, Eric has the opportunity to prove he can pull off the complex role of Chil-woo.

This KBS hero is a low-ranking officer by day and an assassin by night. The jovial and happy-go-lucky commoner transforms into the head of an organization of assassins which is trained to punish the corrupt.

If Iljimae is a bit more of a super-powered Robin Hood, then Chil-woo is a medieval Batman. Donning the black eye-mask -- which bears a striking resemblance to Batman's, minus the ears -- this dark hero delivers vengeance with a bite.

Based on the actions of one Kang-byun Chil-woo from the "Annals of the Joseon Dynasty," this historical romance travels back 400 years to bring audiences a slightly comical but mainly serious epic.

"The characters are drawn from fun episodes from the 'Annals of the Joseon Dynasty,' said director Park Man-young at a recent press conference. "This drama is not a fusion drama. Just the action sequences may seem a bit mixed because of the martial arts techniques used in place of more traditional swordfighting."

According to director Park, ordinary swordfighting techniques seemed too cruel, so they opted for less violent martial arts stunts.

But just how far will the hero's superpowers go? Will Chil-woo have some magical weapons, like Iljimae's invisible cloak?

Judging from the preview, this action romance looks more down-to-earth, but audiences will have to tune in to see for themselves.

"Choi Kang Chil Woo" airs on Monday and Tuesday nights on KBS 2 TV at 9:55 p.m. starting June 17.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Archived