[variety] Introducing A Star's Friend 스타의 친구를 소

Guest damifino

^ Straight on strip routine?? Very convincing lap dance??? Well, since you seem to be an expert, I'll take your word for it :P

Everyone has their own idea of what's 'degrading.' Personally, I find the general behavior of most of the women who come on these types of shows degrading, not some silly dance routine, but maybe that's just me. To each his/her own.

NEWS

http://sj-market.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=dat...sc&no=13383

According to this article, ISF has been canceled. WGM is moving to ISF's timeslot beginning the 15th so I guess only 1 episode left.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I can't say it came as a surprise or anything due to the consistently poor ratings (I'm actually surprised it lasted on air so long) but this show will definitely be missed. :tears:

Any chance you two will continue arguing the merits of SuLah's stripper routine? I was ROFL reading your back & forth exchanges. :lol:

Guest Diavle

^ Straight on strip routine?? Very convincing lap dance??? Well, since you seem to be an expert, I'll take your word for it

You'd have to be pretty ignorant of today's media not to know what a strip/lap dance is or looks like.

*cough* now trying it out yourself would have required some in depth research *cough*

Everyone has their own idea of what's 'degrading.' Personally, I find the general behavior of most of the women who come on these types of shows degrading, not some silly dance routine, but maybe that's just me. To each his/her own.

Pretty much.

According to this article, ISF has been canceled. WGM is moving to ISF's timeslot beginning the 15th so I guess only 1 episode left.

These freaking Koreans are so good at canceling shows that I like then again they are the one's that make them, guess that balances things out sort of.

Like bulgogi said, not surprising but a huge shame, especially now that it was getting so good after the format refresh.

Seems HY and Boom will have an empty spot in their schedules, wonder if they will team up for another show again.

Too bad for the women, hope some more get noticed aside from Yui.

Any chance you two will continue arguing the merits of SuLah's stripper routine? I was ROFL reading your back & forth exchanges.

Wanna join? The more girls the merrier :P

well other than hakkyo jjang which have moved to be my fav now,i could care less about the others~ so..

Bomi being "blindly" in sync with the guy behind her was far more impressive. As well as the music that they picked and her looking sort of doll-like/cartoony by nature made everything feel just right.

what blindly part are u referring to? theres a music for her and the guy to follow~ plus i agree with damifino,its more of the puppet master's skill to match to her moves~ she just have to stop at the right time and move and the guy actually have to do the hard moves like winding her up at the right position and really pose at the right height and stuff~

talking about repetition,hyori did this~and she can even do this better than bomi without the makeup + PJs in FO~ and so did a gazillion other rookies and the experienced~ i have seen this routine even more than three times on Xman and not to mention every music shows in korea every freakin (KARA,Seeya,Wonder Girls have done it all) T___T

Indeed, I thought we were arguing which performance was better but all of a sudden stripping on variety shows became a hot commodity :P

Don't kid yourself, what she pulled was a straight on strip routine. What she did the first time before she left was nothing more than a very convincing lap dance. Ability? Yeah, right.

'Sexy' and 'degrading' are worlds apart.

You know that stripper's dance comes from actual dance ability and you just put a guy there to make it strippish~ i dunno~ i still dont get why this is strippish~ its Ho-ish to me its just plain sexy and not degrading at all~ plus good skills of spinning the chair~ but well i dont know the stripping world like you do~ :P

and bomi did lose her character half thru her performance~ and that supposedly sexy moves against kyuhan is a big FAIL~

LOL~ agreed~ why come to this type of shows in the first place?? and making the girls argue for one guy?? T__T pfft~ although its entertaining,but making entertainment out of ppl arguing about a guy and stuff is degrading~

NEWS

there goes another of my suju dose~ T________T damn~

Guest Diavle

talking about repetition,hyori did this~and she can even do this better than bomi without the makeup + PJs in FO~ and so did a gazillion other rookies and the experienced~ i have seen this routine even more than three times on Xman and not to mention every music shows in korea every freakin (KARA,Seeya,Wonder Girls have done it all) T___T

This is just so silly. Repetition? This is supposed to be an argument? Have you even watched their variety shows before? They dance to the same songs and perform routines that have been performed before a million times. Over and Over. Just in this ep you had Chansung imitate JYP's routine completely and Eun Hyuk simply redid what he had done before on another show(s?). Whine about them, go ahead.

Rofl at makeup, yeah cuz it gives girls special dancing powers.

You know that stripper's dance comes from actual dance ability and you just put a guy there to make it strippish~ i dunno~ i still dont get why this is strippish~ its Ho-ish to me its just plain sexy and not degrading at all~ plus good skills of spinning the chair~ but well i dont know the stripping world like you do~ :P

Seems you two will defend stripping to the death. I'll leave it and you to yourselves.

LOL~ agreed~ why come to this type of shows in the first place?? and making the girls argue for one guy?? T__T pfft~ although its entertaining,but making entertainment out of ppl arguing about a guy and stuff is degrading

Oh I don't know, come and possibly end up with an acting gig like Yui?

Guest damifino

You'd have to be pretty ignorant of today's media not to know what a strip/lap dance is or looks like.

*cough* now trying it out yourself would have required some in depth research *cough*

I guess you and I have differing tastes in what we like to watch because I have yet to see even a single lap dance or enough stripping to know what constitutes a "straight on strip routine" without seeing any clothes come off.

As for "in depth research," all it requires is a chair... and trying out the "ho-ish" dance moves of Fred Astaire and Donald O'Connor <_<

This is just so silly. Repetition? This is supposed to be an argument? Have you even watched their variety shows before? They dance to the same songs and perform routines that have been performed before a million times. Over and Over. Just in this ep you had Chansung imitate JYP's routine completely and Eun Hyuk simply redid what he had done before on another show(s?). Whine about them, go ahead.

Rofl at makeup, yeah cuz it gives girls special dancing powers.

Which is one of the reasons that shows like Xman got canceled... people got sick and tired of seeing folks dance to the same songs and perform routines that have been performed before a million times especially by the SAME guests, week in and week out.

And when folks actually see a few dozen others keep doing the JYP routine and the Slam Dunk dance on variety shows, I'm sure many will whine. I've seen LOTS of folks complaining about K-celebs doing Justin Timberlake routines. Heck, you don't even need to look any further than Eeteuk for the whining. He didn't even do the same dance, but just wearing SOME costume and look at all the whining in this thread about it being repetitious and boring.

And costume and makeup DO help everyone, male and female, get in character for dances.

Seems you two will defend stripping to the death. I'll leave it and you to yourselves.

It's not defending "stripping" (since neither laydeebutterfly and I found it particularly "stripperish"), it's defending the right to dance without it being called "stripperish" or "ho-ish" by folks based on their notion of how a proper woman should behave.

Oh I don't know, come and possibly end up with an acting gig like Yui?

Actually, unlike laydeebutterfly, it wasn't the act of coming on these shows that I was commenting on, although I guess it is rather degrading not only for the women, but for the men also. It's Korean women overdoing their weak, cutesy, imbecilic, frail, etc. routine on variety shows to be appealing to men that I personally find degrading, which is why I generally tend not to watch variety shows with lots of women on it... although these days, they are doing the same for men with the cutesy and imbecilic act.

Guest vizion_

NEWS

Dang, are the ratings really THAT bad? I mean star golden bell isnt really that much better, yet that has lasted how long? 4-5 years? Oh well...

This may sound stupid, but can I ask what the percentage in the ratings indicate? say it got 9.0%, does that just mean out of 100 people 9 tuned in to watch it? if that's the case, then it's really not that much worse than the other shows. And replacing it with WGM? no offense, but I dont understand what makes them think WGM is gonna do any better, but I guess it costs less to produce.

LOL that ladydeebutterfly thought Bulgogi88 was a girl... you should've known from the older comments :P

NEWS

If this is indeed true, then it was kind of inevitable neh? I mean, with those multiple format changes... I admit, I was kind of surprised though; the show has been gaining momentum on the net and I was thinking it could pull a comeback.

Meh on the HY and LHJ dating topic. I thought it was really cute when HY and KJM were dating (mostly because I LOVED KJM) but I guess that's their business neh? I suppose we can only say "I told you so" if it is true.

OMG @ this board mentioned NRG. I'm a HUGE NRG fan (Lee Sung Jin was my first celeb crush) and yep, he's beginning work on Hamo Hamo's album in August. They'll work on more songs as more members get out of the army but IMO they're getting old (-er) and I really don't know ~what~ they can do. It's hard for LSJ to find slots on variety shows as it is. All I know is that he's on a show with this 2AM member...I don't know what other permenent slots he has...

Episode 56 was kind of dull overall. It seemed like Kyu Han was kind of bored this episode and it kind of put a damper on my mood even though there were a lot of great moments (that 2PM maknae--what's his name?-- was soo good looking this episode ^_^).

Sulah's stripper routine was kind of mundane and embarassing to watch (even though I have to give her MAJOR brownie points on her ability to stretch effortlessly) and Bomi needed to work on her pop-locking and even though the routine was cute overall, I think she needed to shave a couple of minutes off of the performance.

No comment on the rest of the girls really... The only girl that ever caught my eye was the Hyori/ nam sang mi-lookalike from last episode(?). Anyone know her name?

Sad that the show is ending... it just means that I have to find something new to occupy my endless hours waiting in the airport XD

Hopefully something will come up on KBS so I can actually have SUBS lol

Wanna join? The more girls the merrier :P

nah, you gals seem to be handling it just fine, besides these other two gals don't seem like they are the types to concede an inch either. Has Diavle finally met his match? :P

And when folks actually see a few dozen others keep doing the JYP routine and the Slam Dunk dance on variety shows, I'm sure many will whine. I've seen LOTS of folks complaining about K-celebs doing Justin Timberlake routines. Heck, you don't even need to look any further than Eeteuk for the whining. He didn't even do the same dance, but just wearing SOME costume and look at all the whining in this thread about it being repetitious and boring.

I took that as a swipe at me, since I'm the only one that routinely complains of his costume routines. But YOU even said yourself that after the second time it was getting old. Oh wait, I said I wasn't going to get involved in this ab absurdo exchange didn't I? ;)

LOL that ladydeebutterfly thought Bulgogi88 was a girl... you should've known from the older comments :P

After reading back some of my older comments, I admit to feeling a twinge of embarrassment. I came off as the Kyu Han of this thread. :lol:

No comment on the rest of the girls really... The only girl that ever caught my eye was the Hyori/ nam sang mi-lookalike from last episode(?). Anyone know her name?

Her name is Hong Jin Young & she is a new fangled trot singer. The first variety I saw her on was 1000 songs challenge & was immediately struck by her lovely voice, infectious laugh (okay some ppl say annoying), bubbly personality & gorgeous visage. Hmm, did I cover all the bases there? Yep, I'm definitely now a fan. :D

Guest damifino

Dang, are the ratings really THAT bad? I mean star golden bell isnt really that much better, yet that has lasted how long? 4-5 years? Oh well...

This may sound stupid, but can I ask what the percentage in the ratings indicate? say it got 9.0%, does that just mean out of 100 people 9 tuned in to watch it? if that's the case, then it's really not that much worse than the other shows. And replacing it with WGM? no offense, but I dont understand what makes them think WGM is gonna do any better, but I guess it costs less to produce.

It's the CONTINUED low ratings and even though SGB's ratings are low, it's the #1 show in the same time period (even if it isn't by much). Actually, ISF got more chances than other shows with equally low ratings. It lasted for 15 months which is a long time for a low rated show.

It means that 9% of all TV viewing homes in Korea are tuned to that show, not 9% of the population as a whole. As for replacing it with WGM, MBC is trying to recapture some of their lost viewers. Unlike ISF, WGM once had great ratings.

I took that as a swipe at me, since I'm the only one that routinely complains of his costume routines. But YOU even said yourself that after the second time it was getting old. Oh wait, I said I wasn't going to get involved in this ab absurdo exchange didn't I? ;)

What's up with the men and their sensitivity in this thread?!?! :huh::unsure::P It wasn't a "swipe" at anyone. You aren't the only one who thought or said it... many including myself have stated it just in this thread alone as well as in the SuJu thread. My point wasn't that people shouldn't be complaining about Eeteuk, but that it's not JUST because Bomi is a girl that some of us were complaining about her routine as Diavle implied. If folks thought that either Chansung and Eunhyuk deserved comments of being boring and repetitious for their routines, they'd also say it (as they did about Eeteuk's routines). As is, it was an imitation of one of JYP's OLD songs so we don't see it too often these days and Eunhyuk having done the routine at a SuJu concert which only mostly those at the concert and/or fans who search the internet for fancams can see, hardly constitutes having been overplayed.

you guys are so funny ... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ( roll on the floor laughing ) you guys are more entertaining than the show .. :w00t::lol::w00t: . why are you guys arguing about this all performance !!! CAN'T YOU JUST give them all a credit for doing such a good job for entertaining us !!!!!! they work so hard for this ....

it broke my heart this show will be cancel :( :( ... I enjoy watching this than SGB .. I couldn't believe SGB is still standing w/c for me this is a boring show ... I rather choose ISF ... and WGM either is boring too ...it is not funny like ISF b/c they have games ...

it's sad to know that this show is coming to an end.. it's so fun to watch

i thk things mess up when they change to love letter lookalike show~~

but it still fun to watch just that i still prefer the old one~~

Guest tearsnever_drop27433

agreed with everything damifino said

not that anyone care right?

but it sad that this show only have 1 episode left

that mean yui won't come back to get revenge on chansung

totally a fan girl ehhe

Guest Diavle

I guess you and I have differing tastes in what we like to watch because I have yet to see even a single lap dance or enough "stripping" to know what is "straight on strip routine" without seeing any clothes come off.

I like how you roll.

Which is one of the reasons that shows like Xman got canceled... people got sick and tired of seeing folks dance to the same songs and perform routines that have been performed before a million times especially by the SAME guests, week in and week out.

All you had to say was that you agree.

Blame the industry, not some amateur.

It's not defending "stripping" (since neither laydeebutterfly and I found it particularly "stripperish"), it's defending the right to dance without it being called "stripperish" or "ho-ish" by folks based on their notion of how a proper woman should behave.

Hmm, someone is taking it personally.

Ok lets put it this way, you have the right to dance this way and are not a ho for doing so but that sure as heck doesn't change the fact that such routines are heavily grounded in the art of ho-ism.

People will make calls and judgements based on what they see (same as you hating on the cute acting korean women of today).

Her name is Hong Jin Young & she is a new fangled trot singer. The first variety I saw her on was 1000 songs challenge & was immediately struck by her lovely voice, infectious laugh (okay some ppl say annoying), bubbly personality & gorgeous visage. Hmm, did I cover all the bases there? Yep, I'm definitely now a fan. :D

Talented and easily the hottest one to come on the show, hope she becomes a permanent on some other show I watch regularly.

Can't think of a show to replace this one, especially now that it started to semi resemble a game show.

Got pretty used to waking up every Saturday and straight away putting on ISF on download in the year plus that it has been going.

What's up with the men and their sensitivity in this thread?!?! :huh::unsure::P It wasn't a "swipe" at anyone. You aren't the only one who thought or said it... many including myself have stated it in this and in the SuJu thread. My point wasn't that people shouldn't be complaining about Eeteuk, but that it's not JUST because Bomi is a girl that some were complaining about her routine as Diavle implied. If folks thought that either Chansung and Eunhyuk deserved comments of being boring and repetitious for their routines because they saw it too often, they'd also say it (as they did about Eeteuk's routines).

Okay, I owe you an apology. I was actually attempting to be facetious with that 'swipe' remark & I wouldn't really get upset anyway if you were in fact referring to me. It's no big deal. ;)

Episode 56 was kind of dull overall. It seemed like Kyu Han was kind of bored this episode and it kind of put a damper on my mood even though there were a lot of great moments (that 2PM maknae--what's his name?-- was soo good looking this episode ^_^).

I meant to reply to this earlier but forgot. That guy from 2PM who sang the Chris Brown song to Eun Hye is Seulong.

Sorry wrong info.

you guys are so funny ... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ( roll on the floor laughing ) you guys are more entertaining than the show .. :w00t::lol::w00t: . why are you guys arguing about this all performance !!! CAN'T YOU JUST give them all a credit for doing such a good job for entertaining us !!!!!! they work so hard for this ....

it broke my heart this show will be cancel :( :( ... I enjoy watching this than SGB .. I couldn't believe SGB is still standing w/c for me this is a boring show ... I rather choose ISF ... and WGM either is boring too ...it is not funny like ISF b/c they have games ...

yeah I prefer IaSF over any of those shows too. Especially that WGM travesty...uggh, just the thought of that awful pablum replacing this show makes my blood boil. :angry:

Talented and easily the hottest one to come on the show, hope she becomes a permanent on some other show I watch regularly.

Can't think of a show to replace this one, especially now that it started to semi resemble a game show.

Got pretty used to waking up every Saturday and straight away putting on ISF on download in the year plus that it has been going.

That would be great if she would appear as a regular on some variety. Especially if she replaced a certain wuss on GoC. :P

It used to be my Saturday morning ritual as well...gonna feel pretty empty now without it.

Guest damifino

^ I think the 2PM mangnae that the person was referring to was Chansung... I think Seulong (?) is in 2AM? Sorry, I don't recognize anyone from 2AM by face except Jokwon.

All you had to say was that you agree.

Blame the industry, not some amateur.

:huh:? I don't think we are on the same page :lol:

If something is tired and unoriginal and not executed well, whether it's done by a celeb (Eeteuk) or an amateur (Bomi), it SHOULD be criticized and rightly so, especially if they present it on national TV for the public to see. How else are they going to know that viewers expect more from them? Just because Bomi isn't a celeb doesn't mean she gets a free pass.

Hmm, someone is taking it personally.

Ok lets put it this way, you have the right to dance this way and are not a ho for doing so but that sure as heck doesn't change the fact that such routines are heavily grounded in the art of ho-ism.

Go figure, a woman taking it personally when a man uses the words "ho-ish" and "stripper-like" in relation to a fellow woman and/or any aspect of her be it dancing or dressing <_< Because you know, women *LOVE* it when men incorporate the word "ho" in a description :phew:

Guest Diavle

:huh:? I don't think we are on the same page :lol: If something is tired and unoriginal and not executed well, whether it's done by a celeb (Eeteuk) or an amateur (Bomi), it SHOULD be criticized and rightly so, especially if they present it on national TV for the public to see. How else are they going to know that viewers expect more from them? Just because Bomi isn't a celeb doesn't mean she gets a free pass.

Yes, because I said that Bomi impressed the world by being perfect and not at all because I said that her performance stood out amongst the rest in the EPISODE and that it was clearly the performance the celebs on the set got into the most.

Go figure, a woman taking it personally when a man uses the words "ho-ish" and "stripper-like" in relation to a fellow woman and/or any aspect of her be it dancing or dressing <_< Because you know, women *LOVE* it when men incorporate the word "ho" in a description :phew:

Oh great, now we've moved to wannabee feminist garbage :lol:

I said the ROUTINE was ho-inspired.

That would be great if she would appear as a regular on some variety. Especially if she replaced a certain wuss on GoC.

I thinks we needs to refresh our memory before we make any hast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcJVmAC7CQ

...please make it happen. I leave it in your questionably capable hands.

that laugh at the end = KO

Guest damifino

Yes, because I said that Bomi impressed the world by being perfect and not at all because I said that her performance stood out amongst the rest in the EPISODE and that it was clearly the performance the celebs on the set got into the most.

No, because you said "blame the industry, not some amateur." Why blame the industry? They didn't tell Bomi to do a poorly executed and uninspired doll routine.

Oh great, now we've moved to wannabee feminist garbage :lol:

I said the ROUTINE was ho-inspired.

Not liking the term "ho" being used (as if using it to describe the routine makes it ok <_<) makes someone a feminist/wannabe feminist? :lol: One would think that was just common knowledge/courtesy.

Guest Diavle

No, because you said "blame the industry, not some amateur." Why blame the industry? They didn't tell Bomi to do a poorly executed doll routine <_<

For REPETITION.

Wannabe Feminist garbage? Not liking the term "ho" makes someone a feminist :lol:

Right, now you're gonna ignore the agenda you were pushing in regards to woman's rights? Well, I suppose it is the smart thing to do seeing as it will get you nowhere.

Archived