[variety] Introducing A Star's Friend 스타의 친구를 소

Guest glfishy24

OMG. i am sooo mad at chansung for choosing bomi instead of YUI?!

how could he do that?!

he goes back to yui in the couple game but chooses bomi at the end?!?!

and now yui's gone from the show?! THAT'S MESSED UP

she better come back! she was my favorite lol

but next weeks seems pretty interesting.. haha

-sigh-

im so sad lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an old Japanese children's show that was dubbed into Korean and aired in the mid '80s called "Flashman" with 5 characters who are called the "Eagle siblings." It actually pre-dates Power Rangers and in fact Power Ranger is based on shows from the Super Sentai series that "Flashman" is a part of. I've never seen the show myself, but they often make references to it on variety shows. If you are wondering why I know so much about something I never saw, I looked it up last year because of one of Heechul's minihompy entries in which he talked about watching that show as a kid :lol:

ah okay, thanks for the 411. I looked up some episodes of "Flashman" on youtube & yeah I can see how Power Rangers totally ripped them off. So you found out about it thru some story about Heechul eh? And here I thought you were an otaku. :P

Episode 55:

HQ, LQ, Stream: http://wolfbladedemon.wordpress.com/2009/0...end-episode-55/

Good stuff, not as fun as the last few but still good.

Oh man, Lee Bum Soo in the next ep? This is just too good. Saw him for the first time in Schoolympics and he was just too awesome there. He can definitely bring a lot to the show, him and Battery look like a perfect fit.

The "village idiot" routine Chansung and the 2AMer are pulling is annoying (and sort of insulting).

Battery is gonna be in the next ep cuz she won the Saanti thing right?

Thanks for the link + stream.

I think you meant Lee Kwang Soo right? He is that funny tall goober guy, that Bum Soo guy is the actor from On Air.

fdzm7d.jpg

Insulting? I think it's pretty funny those two guys are playing up that angle & having fun with it.

I'm still not sure how they determine who stays on & who leaves...i thought she got dumped on with the flour & she got sent home?

Freaking gorgeous is what she is. Great voice too and a catchy song, overall, she seems to have all the ingredients, and then some, to make it in the biz.

Her laugh is awesome too, ladies are usually "Tee hee!" but she is all "Muahaha!".

Lol at her getting the hots for byeongtae after he got all rough with Han Sulah in the Love Room (or whatever its called).

Amen brother. Never been a fan of or followed the 'trot' genre & only heard a couple songs by Noh Hong Chul's gal but i'm definitely going to follow HJY from now on.

It looked like they trained her or something, she felt a lot more comfortable and confident on screen.

The viewership clamored to bring her back, so she must've struck a nerve with the public. She's okay but still don't see what the big freaking deal is? But I am taking a shine to her more than that Ran chick who has this annoying expression on her face that just irks me.

Guest Diavle

Thanks for the link + stream.

I think you meant Lee Kwang Soo right? He is that funny tall goober guy, that Bum Soo guy is the actor from On Air.

No prob.

Yeah thats the one, I suck with names.

Insulting? I think it's pretty funny those two guys are playing up that angle & having fun with it.

The part where they act, and make sounds, like retards.

Probably just me :P

I'm still not sure how they determine who stays on & who leaves...i thought she got dumped on with the flour & she got sent home?

Didn't Eun Hye stay on last time, even though she didn't become a couple, because she won the Saanti thing?

I could be wrong but before Battery sat down it sounded like Boom asked her if she wanted to try it eventhough she didn't have to. And she kept holding that thing he gave her for winning Saanti till the end.

The viewership clamored to bring her back, so she must've struck a nerve with the public. She's okay but still don't see what the big freaking deal is? But I am taking a shine to her more than that Ran chick who has this annoying expression on her face that just irks me.

Yup, didn't like her then and am of pretty much the same opinion now. Nothing about her stands out.

At least Yui left, that one was getting really useless after Chansung switched to Bomi.

hahaahah Eun Hyuk !! 2 girls like him !! im really excited now~~

thats why he's really happy to write funny diaries n photo diary on his CY !! yay~~

---

WTF wit Chan Sung ??????????????????????????????? he's such a player. how could he can do this wit 2 girls ??????? omg...cant believe it...its still unbelievable now! =.= why could he do that ???? wit 2 little hearts....

poor Yui, she's upset...i thought there r many men better than Chan Sung for Yui to choose.

bomb !!! going crazy of him...he jus choose from this girl to that girl 'n made the 2 girls jus like him more !! >"< how pathetic,,

..happy that there r many couples in this ep ^^

Didn't Eun Hye stay on last time, even though she didn't become a couple, because she won the Saanti thing?

I could be wrong but before Battery sat down it sounded like Boom asked her if she wanted to try it eventhough she didn't have to. And she kept holding that thing he gave her for winning Saanti till the end.

yeah i recall 'battery' saying she would try it & LHJ and HY imploring her not to do it or something.

Man I hope you're right cuz it'd be sad to see this babe leave the show so quickly. :(

She picked byeontae but doesn't seem that pleased when he has his arms around her. :lol:

zwyg6b.jpg

35hmnok.jpg

Guest damifino

ah okay, thanks for the 411. I looked up some episodes of "Flashman" on youtube & yeah I can see how Power Rangers totally ripped them off. So you found out about it thru some story about Heechul eh? And here I thought you were an otaku. :P

Otaku? More like a Hee-taku or would the right term be Hee-ota :lol:

Park Ran has that expression as if she's dissatisfied with something... like a teenager from the Valley. It's annoying.

I don' think Hong Jin Young will be there for the next episode. (sadly)

In the preview, you can see 5 girls : Bomi, Eun hye, Sula, Ran & a new one (masked).

Guest kim421

Park Ran has that expression as if she's dissatisfied with something... like a teenager from the Valley. It's annoying.

lol i thought i was the only one that was getting annoyed with her weird half open mouth expressions too. it was funny seeing her try to dance to gee and the others making fun of her. at least she's giving teukie entertainment - but i hope there's another girl - or the original one, even if she's as strong as an ox. lol.

anyone care to share what eunhyuk said for the 3 line poems for sora and 'battery'? looks like it was really funny and i can only understand ajusii at the end. lol

and then boom says something about the small batteries, the mc tests them - on his tounge lol - and she sings something.. what was that about?

haha sorry little impatient for subs - but if anyone can help with those sections that would be best!

i seriously love the guys balance battles - teukie is one smart cookie - let the others get tired by doing all they can and then knock them down. lol. 'babo' sucks that he totally knocked himself out. hee hee

i sweart i saw the girls battling it out in the preview before this last episode and also eunhye's performance had guys in her dance too in the preview - i guess they decided not to air it. but looking forward next week to this new guy character they are adding.

I think chansung was disappointed w/ Yui thats why he did it ..... if you watch the episode when Jay was back , she was really happy when Jay is back and she even choose Jay at the end and they were also been partner in the ballon , so luckyly on that time Chansung choose Bomi otherwise if he choose Yui on that time he won't have a partner and he goes to survival sit ... bb/c Yui choose Jay and Jay choose Bomi , so Bomi is popular w/ 2PM even Nikhun choose her too ...

Yup, they edit lots of it ...

Hehe, I think that describes her expression to a T. I can totally imagine her saying "as if!" in Korean. :lol:

and then boom says something about the small batteries, the mc tests them - on his tounge lol - and she sings something.. what was that about?

haha sorry little impatient for subs - but if anyone can help with those sections that would be best!

yeah I wouldn't mind getting a translation of that scene too. I can hear Lee Hwi Jae say something about the battery is out of juice & then after she sings, both Boom & LHJ are rolling on the stage. :huh:

Also when Kyu Han gave HJY a thumbs down & Leeteuk & LHJ asking why since he always rates the 'new face' with a thumbs up, what's his reply? Something about her not being his style or something? I think the dude must've suffered brain damage during last week's hammer game or something to turn her down. :P

i sweart i saw the girls battling it out in the preview before this last episode and also eunhye's performance had guys in her dance too in the preview - i guess they decided not to air it. but looking forward next week to this new guy character they are adding.

yup, they always end up editing stuff out. unfortunately, sometimes the scenes they leave on the cutting room floor looks really entertaining like the water battle a couple episodes ago. <_< Looking forward to Kwang Soo as well, the dude is nuts.

Also when Kyu Han gave HJY a thumbs down & Leeteuk & LHJ asking why since he always rates the 'new face' with a thumbs up, what's his reply? Something about her not being his style or something?

I think you're right.

I believe HJY replies something like he was not her type either and Kyu Han says "that's a relief" (i'm not sure thought, i'm just guessing because i'm not a korean speaker). :lol:

Guest damifino

anyone care to share what eunhyuk said for the 3 line poems for sora and 'battery'? looks like it was really funny and i can only understand ajusii at the end. lol

The funny thing about Eunhyuk's name poetry isn't necessarily what he says, but what he isn't. It's that the first two phrases are normal (describing the person's loveliness or something to that effect) and the last phrase is random. It has nothing to do with the first two lines and just uses a random word that starts with the syllable.

She just responded to LHJ's comment by using a line in her song. Boom and LHJ loved it because every time they said something, she always had a come back.

Also when Kyu Han gave HJY a thumbs down & Leeteuk & LHJ asking why since he always rates the 'new face' with a thumbs up, what's his reply? Something about her not being his style or something? I think the dude must've suffered brain damage during last week's hammer game or something to turn her down. :P

If I recall, he said she wasn't his type to which she said he wasn't her type either then he responded something to the effect, "then it worked out for the both of us."

Guest Diavle

So... Kyu Han looked really familiar to me. They showed the Kim Sam Soon thing and I remembered him there but he felt more familiar than that.

So after intense soul searching i.e a random picture triggered a reaction in the old think bucket, eureka:

LonelyMaidenavi_000317851.jpg

LonelyMaidenNGsavi_000067346.jpg

LonelyMaidenavi_000432696.jpg

LonelyMaidenavi_000659652.jpg

LonelyMaidenavi_000897716.jpg

LonelyMaidenavi_000913693.jpg

LonelyMaidenavi_001041948.jpg

Their wacky dancing was a real standout.

(Its from Hey Hey Hey S2)

Man I hope you're right cuz it'd be sad to see this babe leave the show so quickly. :(

Here's hoping, since we finally got a legitimately hot number.

I don' think Hong Jin Young will be there for the next episode. (sadly)

In the preview, you can see 5 girls : Bomi, Eun hye, Sula, Ran & a new one (masked).

Really? Damnit, lets hope for a comeback at least then.

Yeah its lame, they get us excited but then leave it out. Feels like they use previews to show stuff they can't put in into the actual ep.

The funny thing about Eunhyuk's name poetry isn't necessarily what he says, but what he isn't. It's that the first two phrases are normal (describing the person's loveliness or something to that effect) and the last phrase is random. It has nothing to do with the first two lines and just uses a random word that starts with the syllable.

Thanks for the translation.

So... Kyu Han looked really familiar to me. They showed the Kim Sam Soon thing and I remembered him there but he felt more familiar than that.

So after intense soul searching i.e a random picture triggered a reaction in the old think bucket, eureka:

(Its from Hey Hey Hey S3)

I wish they came back with that show, Kim Won Hee and Shin Dong Yup were such funny actors.

(Its from Hey Hey Hey S3)

Ha! That's a blast from the past. Judging from those caps, that episode looks like a hoot. :lol:

Any chance you can u/l this episode? I remember you used to post these HHH shows on your YT channel back in the day but alas, I only managed to catch a few episodes before it went kaput.

I think you're right.

I believe HJY replies something like he was not her type either and Kyu Han says "that's a relief" (i'm not sure thought, i'm just guessing because i'm not a korean speaker). :lol:

She just responded to LHJ's comment by using a line in her song. Boom and LHJ loved it because every time they said something, she always had a come back.

If I recall, he said she wasn't his type to which she said he wasn't her type either then he responded something to the effect, "then it worked out for the both of us."

Thanks for the translation/summary guys. Definitely helps out us Korean language challenged viewers. Yea, Kyu Han's bluntness seemed to catch HJY off guard a bit during that scene lol.

Guest Diavle

Hyun Young and Lee Kyu Han get it on (Skit+Bloopers):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OP24N45M

200702220730101001_3_chltndus96_xak.jpg

Ha! That's a blast from the past. Judging from those caps, that episode looks like a hoot. :lol:

Any chance you can u/l this episode? I remember you used to post these HHH shows on your YT channel back in the day but alas, I only managed to catch a few episodes before it went kaput.

For sure, I've watched it tons of times.

You meant the skit (not the entire ep) right?

I wish they came back with that show, Kim Won Hee and Shin Dong Yup were such funny actors.

Season 3 would be great, no HY+LJS no sale though.

Archived