Accidently Used A Razor

Guest emjaewhy

Guest emjaewhy

x.x
so my mom had this razor looking thing

and being me... i thought it was some kind of new way to cut your hair

so i used the razor on my face to trim the hair on my face like my upper lip and my eyebrows

then after i did all that, i figured out, i just shaved my face.

does shaving really make your hair grow back thicker?

or is that just a myth?

Guest juicydarling

Yes it does. But anything that resembles a razor (meaning shaving) will make your hair grow out thicker because it's not pulling the hair from the roots.

Although it won't be THAT big of a change if you do it once (I think)

Guest heineken.

How could you accidentally cut off your facial hair with a razor..

If you're worried about the hair on your upper lip and your eyebrow region, consider waxing and tweezing.

It's a good idea to go to a professional salon to get your eyebrow waxed/threaded for the first time to get it shaped.

Then after, you can tweeze stray hairs when they grow back.

Guest cookarikappou

I dont think so,,, I used to shave my body hair"arms"before and it grows back of course but not thicker.. it is the same as before,, nothing changed,, and i've done this i think 3 times.

No your hair will not grow back "thicker".

[using a razor may give you the feeling that hair is growing back thicker but when we look under a microscope we see that the hair measures the same thickness. It is the angle of the cut that gives the illusion of thicker hair. When you shave you slice the hair shaft across the top, thereby exposing a broader, sharper surface of the hair making it feel coarser to the touch.

Guest kurodreams

its different for everyone i guess :/ cuz usually, once you start shaving hair, especially on the legs, you'll have to continue shaving or else it'll just...not look that good? lolz

Guest catsinheat

No your hair will not grow back "thicker".

word.

it's just a myth. hair grows out of follicles and you can't increase the amount of follicles you have by shaving.

Guest sefure

Far out.

The hair will NOT grow back thicker, but the ends are blunt from where you cut/shaved it.. so it LOOKS thicker.

fine hair WILL grow back thicker.. especially facial hair.. people who say it doesn't don't have a clue.. ask any guy who shaves EVERY day and they can tell you that facial hair starts off thin and grows thicker as you shave more often until it reaches a maximum width determined by your hair follicles.

Guest Meenuh

No I think it looks thicker because when you shave ALL the hairs grow back at once giving the impression that it's thicker. It isn't though. But ... how could you accidently shave your face without realizing it? :huh:

Guest 张之磊

no it doesnt not grow back thicker

it just seems like it since you shaved off the top of the hair off

since when hair grows natural its kinda in a pointed shape

and but your shape it the top is cut flat thereforth looking "thicker"

i hope you know what im saying ><"

Guest onhotwires

Old hair tapers. That why they look thinner.

I haven't ever shaved my face but my friends tell me that doing so makes your hair grow in weird directions.

Guest rOxanne

fine hair WILL grow back thicker.. especially facial hair.. people who say it doesn't don't have a clue.. ask any guy who shaves EVERY day and they can tell you that facial hair starts off thin and grows thicker as you shave more often until it reaches a maximum width determined by your hair follicles.

Thats just perception. It's been scientifically proven that it doesn't.

Guest yensta

i guess it's based on genetics

some people's hair grow back thicker after shaving cause that's just the way your body works

and some people don't change at all

i think that's the reason for all these mixed responses

if your leg hair grew back thicker after shaving it..

your facial hair might too..

but there are other ways to not make it so notieable

just don't shave it ever again

Guest kp1shadow

no it is a myth it only looks thicker because before you shaved it, it has a triangular point which makes it look thinner. and when you shave it that point is gone.

i learned that from my friend xP

Guest fio209js2

Hair does not grow back thicker..

If i'm not mistaken I was told guys have some kinda of chemical in their bodies (only males.. I guess) that makes their facial hair thicker than females.. probably something about testosterone..

It only LOOKS/FEELS thicker because you're cutting the hair in the middle of the strand whereas the end of the strand is thinner and finer.. :)

Guest math&lobsters

No, its true.

When I was little I would keep shaving my arm [i am one of the asians with hair] because I was curious. My arm hair is a lot longer and probably thicker.

Also, when I shave my legs, I has certainly gotten a lot thicker than it was 3 years ago.

:/

But even if its a myth, it looks thicker. The way it looks only what matters, so the myth is kinda true.

Archived