..: Behind The Scenes: Shinee Casting Stories :..

Guest Katxdbsk

Guest Katxdbsk

Edit: UPDATE with SHINee's newest pictures.
shinee6qg2.jpg

shinee11uu7.jpg

shinee7nk8.jpg

On the 27th, Newsen conducted an interview with SM Entertainment's new contemporary boy band SHINee, in which the 5 members revealed their casting stories.

Tae Min (youngest 14): "I started dancing since 3rd grade. I always loved to dance and when I heard that SM Entertainment was holding auditions, I rushed to go try out. I was lucky and got casted. Even now, whenever I have time, I'm always watching dance videos to learn new moves."

Ohn Yoo (leader): "As soon as I entered high school, I felt that I really wanted to sing, I fell in love with music. People around me also kept telling me that I sing pretty well, so I decided that I wanted to become a singer and enlisted in the SM Academy. From there, I was casted and am now a part of SHINee."

Key: "When I was in Kindergarten, I chose "singer" as my future dream occupation. When SM Entertainment held auditions, I tried out."

Min Ho: "I was road casted by chance. Even as a child, I always loved preforming for others, so when I was casted by luck, I was extremely happy."

Jong Hyun: "Ever since middle school, I was actively involved in various bands and performed at many competitions to further my skills. Luckily, at one of the competitions, an SM Entertainment representative was watching and I got casted."

The SHINee members also stated, "When we first met and were under training, we didn't really talk much to each other. We were all very young and we even got into a couple fights with each other, but we think that's pretty normal for all trainees."

source: allkpop

asianfanatics.net

Pictures:

shinee1gt3.jpg

shinee2fz1.jpg

shinee3wn5.jpg

shinee4rn8.jpg

shinee5ki9.jpg

shinee8pc4.jpg

shinee9gf9.jpg

shinee10mg3.jpg

jong1oz4.jpg

jong2zj5.jpg

jong3su2.jpg

all creds to Weng @ SHINee's official thread

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anzai26

oh so thats how they were casted.....

maybe i should try singing to were (by a chance) there be some people who are close to the industry hahhahaha lol..... i havnt tried joining competition coz im afraid of criticism... lol

Guest VeNuS_018

The last statement shocked me. haha. It's pretty normal but still, it shocked me. :sweatingbullets:

Somehow, KEY's replies & answers always lead me laughing. hahaha! <3 Don't get me wrong guys. He's my fave member! ^o^

But I'm not sure whether to trust the article or not, since the source has a bad rep? ^_^v Anyhow, it never did say anything bad about the boys so.. imma believe it. (: thanks for sharing!

Guest sang_woo_always

wow. they all are pretty lucky. wat?? so jonghyun's not the leader.

He looks so much LEADER MATERIAL!! he's hot. i like. ^_^

Guest love-yun

The last statement shocked me. haha. It's pretty normal but still, it shocked me.

i'm not surprised. sm trainee's are in it for some extreme competition :ph34r:

Guest o__0

wow... 3 of them tried out for SM while Jonghyun and Minho were casted by chance.

yay.

so far, i'm liking Taemin and Jonghyun.

because i like their dancing and singing. ^^

i like the 3 photos you put up!

thanks for sharing! :D

Guest o__0

wow.. 2 out of 5 were casted by chance.

so i guess scouts are out there more than we think...

this is the first time i've hheard of trainees fighting.

i never knew they didn't get along because you always see happy pictures...

but i hope they'll get along better now that they'll be together for a while...

and i like the 3 photos you put up!

thanks for sharing! :D

Guest --hearts.

I think the last I read...Taemin trained for three years before debut? Makes sense since the first FIRST few pictures of him came out in 2006 and it said he was one of the newer trainees at that time. So he started in 2005-ish and debuted 2008. Not bad.

Guest xWondafulDaay

Uwaah!

TaeMin is so ASDFGHJK!

His story was so cute

one or two them got chosen by chance

lucky!

ShinEE FIGHTING!! <3

always love ONEW

Guest Di@na

oh interesting ^^ i am glad they went to auditions and that sm ent. decided to put them into the group <3

Guest Pickleplum

Ah, I think it's cool when people get scouted like that haha

i'm not surprised. sm trainee's are in it for some extreme competition :ph34r:

For sure, I mean I'd be more surprised if they had never fought as trainees. It has to be pretty intense training under such a rigorous management and tempers are sure to blow up. :ph34r:

Guest june1ov3

jong hyun def. looks to most handsome..

종현이는 매력이있어!

minho is a pretty cute, tall, longgg boy :)

thanks for sharing!!

these kids are still so young!

how long have they trained for?

lol like a year? or two :P

Archived