Is There A Way We Can Vote For Soompi Members To Become Mods?

And kick off mods that are ....more useless?
Yah just wondering about that. Not naming names, but I haven't been very happy with a particular mod, I mean shouldn't mods be (relatively) objective and helpful ? Anyway, it seems some soompi members would suit the role better imo.

Pls don't take it the wrong way, was just curious.

Guest Xiaoba1tu

Sorry to hear that you aren't happy with a particular mod on the forum.

I haven't had any problems with them and don't consider any mod as 'useless'.

I think they do a great job in helping out soomp! the original creator.

Mods have to be strict in following the rules here, if they are too lenient, there might as well be no mods and this place would be full of irrelevant spam/adverts.

it seems some soompi members would suit the role better imo.

Are you implying yourself? You know, it takes up an awful lot of voluntary time to be one.

haha wtf, no I wasn't implying myself

I just think a particular mod on soompi isn't exactly making as much effort as they should.

Anyway guess there's no way that can be changed.

hmm

I'm happy with all the other mods, some are doing a great job :lol:

like kathymon said, if you have a problem with a particular mod, you should take it up with PM.

and moderators are chosen specifically by administrators if there is a need for more moderators in a particular section of the forum. members have no say whatsoever, but like i said before, if you have a problem with a moderator you should tell them via PM.

Guest sushiwhore

i think mods give otu alot of effort. although you may feel that the one particular mod isnt' putitng out as much as others... o_O you should consider they dont live on soompi and spend as much time as much as we do on here.

they have a job, lives of thier own and dedicate thier time to keep the forums in order. if the admins see mod characteristics in a member they will be promoted natrually....

i say i fyou have a problem PM and admin adn tell them your situation. although it migh tbe particularly bothering that the one mod is bothering you.. .but if you thnk about it there must be 10s of soompiers that bother our mods daily with complaining , bashing and spamming our forums o_o

i think we should cut them some slack

they do a wonderful job!

Guest ~koe*no*sainou~

there's actually a mod on here i don't really like either xD but you know...they're humans. there are gonna be some you like and some you don't like x.x

i don't htink it's a good idea for memebrs to vote because it's the whole issue with trust as well. we might think someone's a goody goody but they might abuse their powers as mods and so forth. it's different when an admin chooses tho because they know what they're doing ^ ^;

^ Like I said, if you have problems PM them or the admins. Please don't come on here and bash them - they have their owns lives outside of soompi and they have their own way of dealing with problems.

Kathy

Guest ~koe*no*sainou~

^ Like I said, if you have problems PM them or the admins. Please don't come on here and bash them - they have their owns lives outside of soompi and they have their own way of dealing with problems.

Kathy

well the particular mod that i think is not cool ignors my pm's...even if i'm asking a legit questions -_- which is the main reason why i don't like them. and we're technically not bashing them if we're not saying who they are.

Guest psquare6806

actually there is one mod that i wouldn't hesistate to kick off. although i do think though there are a bunch of mods that do a great job on soompi. but the whole PM them and work it out, how is that supposed to help? "hey you, i think you're a rather infelicitous mod." or "you're not putting much effort into being a moderator." most likely they'd just ignore the PMs.

Guest graceyoon

to those concerned> if u really have an issue with a certain mod or mods, i would suggest perhaps pming an admin.. they are afterall the ones who 'hire' us.... and u better have a good argument since u are also in a way criticizing the admin's judgement, plus the admin's can u give u reasons to why they are mods in the first place.. maybe u feel they think highly of themselves but i find the most vocal mods also get the worst reputation...

if u find the mod u pm does not answer back, just try pming a different mod, some mods may not have the time to answer back to their pm's, i know i don't answer all of mine, i just usually do what the pm asks me to do and leave it

Sometimes you have to PM the mod of the right section... if you PM me about something in Selling and Trading or Health and Beauty I would be like :huh: especially since those sections have a lot of specific rules I am unfamiliar with.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

to those concerned> if u really have an issue with a certain mod or mods, i would suggest perhaps pming an admin.. they are afterall the ones who 'hire' us.... and u better have a good argument since u are also in a way criticizing the admin's judgement, plus the admin's can u give u reasons to why they are mods in the first place.. maybe u feel they think highly of themselves but i find the most vocal mods also get the worst reputation...

if u find the mod u pm does not answer back, just try pming a different mod, some mods may not have the time to answer back to their pm's, i know i don't answer all of mine, i just usually do what the pm asks me to do and leave it

Yes. If you PM another moderator (preferably from the same section if possible) about the actions of another moderator, we do discuss about it and try to come to a compromise. And please note that some mods are more "gritty and assertive" when it comes to enforcing policies and replying to members. And for some staff that lead notorious sections with lots of traffic, it does cause a huge burden.

I have like a clan of soompiers that would love to see me get sacked, and usually it's because they don't know how the modding system works. I get this one like everyweek: a lot will complain how they get warned and not see other rulebreakers get warnings - gee, it might be because you can't see the warnings of other members? Or someone will ignorantly post a link to a phishing or advertisement site, get warned for it but not banned because it's evident they're not spammers and then complain about getting warned for posting a spam link when the anti-spamming rule is strictly enforced throughout the forums. Like okay fine, sorry for being lenient and not banning you for spamming? I recall a particular member who I warned for continuously bashing the religious beliefs of others, threw a hissyfit about it (no like seriously, a major one) and left derogatory comments on my profile and PM inbox. Like, wow man.

And a lot of Soompiers have the misconception that we are paid employees as moderators. We're not. Other main site staff members get paid - we don''t. They often don't know that we do this on a volunteer basis when we are approached by administration about moderating. Therefore, we have our own lives, some of us have work, some of us have school or both; some of us have private issues that may conflict with our time to moderate. And when an uncooperative person comes along and calls us Nazis, I personally wouldn't hesitate to put that person on full blast because they've lost all of my respect sinking that low.

Now excuse me as I go sterilize aliens with Aziraphale. I also have a date with 1SwtDeception, we're going to hunt for Nessy.

Guest .moony.

I think some people here are using the word "bashing" in the wrong context.

When you are complaining about someone who doesn't do their job properly, that's not "bashing." That's a legit complaint.

I think the topic starter was voicing his/her legit complaint, and some of you started jumping in calling that bashing and made it sound like the topic starter was calling all mods useless. o_O

Anyway I don't really have a problem with any mod and half of the current mods whom I get to see more around the forum seem really deserving of their positions. EX: awdark. i have like 3 posts in tech but whenever i m bored and spend some time readin through the tech forum i see awdark answering questions everywhere lol. same to graceyoon and saranghae. But probably one or two mods are not really dedicated or around the forum as much...Ex: other celebs thread: i saw a thread with no pics a while ago and ppl were saying it'd be closed soon, but a few days later i came back and it was still open and the thread has no pics but still has like 5 pages of discussion or smth x.x But I just checked whos the mod for that section and she is Jaeho, a really very helpful person in the general section. So I mean if a mod becomes busy, or not very interested in a certain section anymore, maybe it's best to give up the position to someone else who can frequent that section more often.. because I do agree with what some of you are saying: there are certain regular soompi members who seem very helpful and dedicated to soompi - sometimes it makes you think these members are helping even more than 1-2 mods who aren't really around. Plus i see some mod are managing 3-5 sections o_O i doubt any1 person can effectively check up all 3-5 sections.

But yeah if any of you have problems with any mod, you should let the admin know. Mods also have their flaws so maybe the admin can help work out any misunderstanding.

Edit: The examples are just examples to maybe...improve performances. I dont think im naming the real "not very good" mod whom 2-3 of you were talking about in this thread (frankly i hav no idea who he is.) oh and disclaimer: before any1 misunderstands my post, Im not promoting myself to be a mod because i know i dont have the time and heart most of the mods here dedicate to the forum :ph34r: but i just tried to be as objective as possible in this post.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

But I just checked whos the mod for that section and she is Jaeho, a really very helpful person in the general section.

Psst.. Jaeho's not a she :ph34r:

Guest ~koe*no*sainou~

Psst.. Jaeho's not a she :ph34r:

Jaeho's...not...a she? o.o; Well...that's new o.o..I thought she...I mean he...was a Jaeho fangirl >.< You learn new things everyday eh :ph34r:

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

I thought Jaeho was his actual name..

In an attempt to not veer off topic.

Even if members were to "vote" for their moderators, it'd just turn into a huge popularity contest. The less popular people are usually the ones that are most effective.

Guest kimchi hana

Jaeho stated his user name has no relation to Jaejoong-Yunho.

Voting Soompi members to become mods are not the greatest idea. There will be lots of biased votes and things. And what will Soompiers base their votes upon? Admins choose mods based on how often they post and what they post.

Archived