[movie 2008] Penthouse Elephant 펜트하우스 코끼리

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

Jang Hyuk, Lee Sang Woo, Cho Dong Hyuk, Lee Min Jung
Filiming starts June 2008.

Director : Jung Seung Goo 정승구 (debut film)

Cast : Jang Hyuk, Lee Sang Woo, Cho Dong Hyuk, Lee Min Jung

Official Site :

Related movie site : http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=46335

Photo gallery : http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=46335&mode=4

Link to trailers : http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=46335&mode=5

2008053111452542270_114805_0.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imogene_af

Elements of fantasy,huh? Well anything Jang Hyuk, I'm in. Thanks for sharing the news.

Jang Hyuk stated before that he'll start filming June-Julyish. I wonder who will join him for the rest of the cast?

Guest huangsy

Just wondering whether the movie is based on this book of same title ?

Author is Cho Kyung Ran 조경란.

l9788932013343.jpg

Guest wils

Hey Huangsy, thanks for starting this thread!

I am just happy to death after back to back JH casting news. :sweatingbullets::lol:

Guest malia

huangsy, as wils said, thank you very much for starting this thread. it will be a good place for all if us who love jang hyuk and his excellent talent to visit and or call home for the rest of the year! thank you again!

Guest wils

Some info on the movie. I translated the content related to the film only.

The story is not something I expected from the news released earlier. :unsure::phew:;)

But it sounds interesting, thou.

Jang Hyuk-Jo Dong Hyuk-Lee Sang Woo to deliver a discourse on obsession and addiction

Jang Hyuk, Jo Dong Hyuk, and Lee Sang Woo will offer a new discourse on ‘addiction.’ They are cast for the roles in the new movie ‘Penthouse Elephant’ (director Jung Seung Goo & Production Elivision) which will show a new discourse on life insecurity and desire through a tale of three guys entangled in extreme passion.

Jang Hyuk is cast for Hyun Woo, photographer, who long suffers from a trauma left by the betrayal of his lover. He is ‘addicted’ to the childhood nostalgia, wandering around without being able to get over the past trauma.

Jo Dong Hyuk is cast for Min Suk, Hyun Woo’s best friend and plastic surgeon, who is a Casanova seeking for desires and pleasures outside his marital life. He is ‘addicted’ to sex. One day he receives an anonymous blackmail threat, which forces him to look for the women he had one night stands with in the past.

Lee Sang Woo plays the role of Jin Hyuk, cold-hearted finance consultant. He, called as the hand of Midas in the finance industry, is for 12 years ‘addicted’ to his first love, a woman of his friend.

Thus, the movie ‘Penthouse Elephant’ is a story of ‘addictedness’ that the heroes have in common. It will portray the addictive love and decadent sensualism the three friends got embroiled in. It is expected to contain some explicit sex scenes. It will start filming in the mid of June and is slated for screen release at the end of this year.

장혁-조동혁-이상우, '집착'과 '중독'에 관하여 담론

노컷뉴스 | 기사입력 2008.05.31 11:48

[노컷뉴스 방송연예팀 황성운 기자]

장혁, 조동혁, 이상우가 '중독'에 대한 새로운 담론을 제시한다.

이들 세 배우는 금기를 넘어선 지독한 치정에 얽힌 세 명의 친구를 통해서 삶에 대한 불안과 욕망에 대한 새로운 담론을 보여줄 영화 '펜트하우스 코끼리'(감독 정승구ㆍ제작 엘리비전)에 공동 캐스팅돼 화제를 모으고 있다.

군 제대 후 더욱 성숙된 모습으로 안정된 연기력을 선보이고 있는 장혁은 믿었던 애인에게 버림받고 깊은 고통에서 빠져 나오지 못하는 사진작가 현우 역에 낙점됐다. 지나간 과거의 상처를 잊지 못한 채 방황하는 현우는 유년의 향수에 '중독'된 남자다.

특히 장혁은 이 작품으로 4년 만에 충무로 컴백을 앞두고 있어 어떤 모습을 보여줄지 벌써부터 이목이 집중되고 있다. 군 제대 후 첫 복귀작으로 선택한 드라마 '고맙습니다'에서 한결 나아진 연기력으로 인기를 회복했지만, 드라마 '불한당'으로 쓴 맛을 보기도 했다.

20080531114808.689.0.jpg

조동혁은 극 중 장혁의 절친한 친구이자 결혼생활과는 별개로 늘 새로운 대상을 갈망하는 자유분방한 성형외과 전문의 민석 역을 맡았다. 자신을 협박하는 의문의 연락을 받고 '날치기 섹스'를 벌였던 수많은 여자들을 찾아 나서는 민석은 섹스에 '중독'된 남자.

최근 드라마 '조강지처클럽', 영화 '흑심모녀' 등을 통해 '훈남'으로 떠오르고 있는 이상우는 냉철한 금융가 진혁 역을 연기한다. 금융계의 미다스의 손으로 불리는 진혁은 친구의 여자를 탐닉하는 12년 째 첫 여자에 '중독'된 남자다.

이처럼 영화 '펜트하우스 코끼리'는 각 주인공들이 지니고 있는 '중독'에 관한 이야기. 세친구를 둘러싼 탐닉적인 사랑과 퇴폐적인 관능미를 보여줄 각오다. 적나라한 섹스신도 기대되는 대목. 영화는 6월 중순 크랭크인, 올 하반기 관객과 만날 예정이다.

jabongdo@cbs.co.kr

Guest junkiluv

i love the male castings my favorite actors

i love lee sang woo i'm glad he's coming out more often

Guest hellobello

Can't wait for this movie! If it's slated for release in Korea at the end of this year, when can we expect to see it here in the US?

Guest Ender's Girl

yeahhhh.... jang hyuk in a double whammy this 2008!!! (this, and his tazza drama) WOOOOOOOT!!!!!! ehhhh... i dunno the other actors, though. hope they can hold their own opposite JH. :phew:

the premise is also a bit... ehhhh.... :wacko: i hope it doesn't turn out to be another everyone has a secret, or... changing partners, hehehe (all gloss, all sex, no substance, comatose-inducing, you get the drift). a well-written and well-acted film is what i'm really after. that JH is in it is the (super delicious) icing on the cake. i hope this movie doesn't disappoint. ;)

Guest ultranguik

i know what you mean by changing partners having no substance

but i hope this movie will be great, since most korean film nowadays failed to amaze me

(except going by the book)

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if news of his next project has already been posted:

'New husband' Jang Hyeok, Crazy about pictures after getting role of photographer

2008/06/12 | Source | Permalink | digg.gif Digg | deliciousm.gif del.icio.us | icon_su.gif Stumble It! | Share this news

'New husband' Jang Hyeok is coming back to the screen after four years and is crazy about pictures.

Jang Hyeok is studying photography, for he will play a photographer in the movie "Penthouse Elephant", which starts filming in June.

In order to fully get into the role, he has been receiving private tutoring in photography.

He is showing his passion for photography, for the pictures he took himself will appear in the movie.

The movie "Penthouse Elephant" is about the friendship and the love of three men, and will reveal it in a fantastical and sensational sense. Lee Sang-woo and Jo Dong-hyeok were also cast.

Jang Hyeok had a private wedding with ballerina Kim Yeo-jin, two years his senior, on June 2, at Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul.

Source : kr.news.yahoo.com/ser... ( carre_gris.gifKorean )

장혁, '펜트하우스 코끼리' 위해 사진 삼매경

아시아경제 | 기사입력 2008.06.06 16:58

[아시아경제신문 문용성 기자]장혁이 새 영화 '펜트하우스 코끼리' 출연을 계기로 사진 찍는 재미에 푹 빠졌다.

조동혁, 이상우 등 유명한 '몸짱' 배우들과 함께 캐스팅된 '펜트하우스 코끼리'에서 장혁은 꿈과 기억을 포착하는 사진작가로 변신, 이를 위해 사진 찍는 공부에 열중하고 있다.

영화의 크랭크인을 앞두고 전문 사진작가로부터 특별 과외 수업을 자처한 장혁은 영화 속 주요 소품으로 사용될 사진들을 직접 촬영하겠다며 남다른 열의를 불태우고 있다.

20080606165806.816.0.jpg

세 남자의 우정과 사랑, 방황을 몽환적이고 감각적인 영상으로 담아낼 이 영화에서 장혁은 사진작가 현우 역을 맡았다. 현우의 사진은 전체적인 스토리를 이끌어 가는 중요한 메시지가 될 예정이다.

장혁이 연기하는 현우는 진실을 담아 내는 사진작가를 꿈꿨으나 어느새 돈을 위해 허상을 찍는 현실에서 방황하는 인물. 실연의 상처로 인해 깊은 고통에서 빠져 나오지 못한다.

꿈과 현실을 오가며 방황하던 현우는 자신이 과거 찍었던 사진을 통해 잊고 있었던 소중한 것을 하나둘 깨닫게 된다. 숨겨진 과거의 비밀이 밝혀지듯 현우의 사진을 따라가다 보면 의외의 상황들이 펼쳐진다.

삶에 대한 불안과 욕망을 주제로 해 흥미진진한 스토리를 구성한 이 영화는 세 남자배우의 몽환적 연기가 버무려져 관객들에게 신선한 충격을 전해줄 것으로 보인다.

The article says, the photos Hyun Woo (Jang Hyuk) took in the past play a pivotal role in story development. Hyun Woo dreamed of becoming a photographer seeking for the truth, but ended up taking pictures for money. He has been lost in dream as well as love after his lover leaving him. He, who comes and goes between dream and reality, happens to find something priceless he long forgot about, one by one through the pictures he took in the past. His photos reveal the hidden

truth about the past and will bring audience to the unexpected circumstances.

Oh..JH is so ambitious to want to take pictures which will play a crucial role in the storyline... I believe he can make it! Fighting, Jang Hyuk!!!!

jang hyuk... my gosh, he's so busy... one drama after another... movies after another... became a daddy and husband the same year... He's a hard working man, I can see. I love this guy.

Thanks Hellobello for the pics. Glad to see they start off filming.

Agree, ~lin~, Jang Hyuk is a super busy guy in the world!

이민정, 영화 '펜트하우스 코끼리'서 장혁·조동혁과 호흡

신예 이민정(25)이 영화 '펜트하우스 코끼리(가제, 감독 정승구 제작 엘리비전)'의 여주인공 수연 역에 낙점됐다.

장혁·조동혁·이상우가 세 남자주인공으로 일찌감치 캐스팅된 '펜트하우스 코끼리'는 각기 상처와 사랑의 아픔을 지닌 세 남자 동창생이 오랜만에 재회해 벌어지는 에피소드를 그린 작품으로 지독한 치정에 얽힌 세 친구들의 삶에 대한 불안과 욕망에 대한 담론을 다루고 있는 작품이다.

20080614151207.522.0.jpg

극중 이민정은 늘 새로운 상대를 갈구하는 자유분방한 성형외과 전문의 민석(조동혁)의 아내이자 믿었던 애인에게 버림받고 고통에서 헤어나오지 못하는 사진작가 현우(장혁)의 여동생 역으로 분해 세 남자가 벌이는 갈등의 인물로 등장한다.

또한, 극중 12년 만에 귀국한 냉철한 금융전문가 진혁 역으로 등장하는 이상우는 친구의 여자를 사랑하는 캐릭터로 나올 예정이다.

신예 정승구 감독이 메가폰을 잡은 이 작품은 15일 첫 촬영에 돌입한다.

[영화 '펜트하우스 코끼리' 여주인공 수연 역에 캐스팅된 배우 이민정. 사진=마이데일리 사진DB]

Lee Min Jung to co-star with Jang Hyuk and Jo Dong Hyuk in Penthouse

Rookie Lee Min Jung was cast for the main female lead in the upcoming movie Penthous Elephant. She will play the wife of casanova plastic surgeon Min Suk (played by Jo Dong Hyuk) and sister of Hyun Woo (played by Jang Hyuk). She will be at the center of a conflict between three men.

For those who are not familiar with her, she is a friend of Go Ara in the drama 'Who Are You.'

Archived