[movie 2005] You Are My Sunshine 너는 내 운명

Guest virgo_star

Guest virgo_star
Hwang Jung Min & Jun Do Yeon
posters: lp1.jpgC9654-01.jpgC9654-03.jpg pics s1.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/1.jpg s2.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/2.jpg s3.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/3.jpg s4.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/4.jpg s5.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/5.jpg s6.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/6.jpg s7.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17391/7.jpg Opening Date : Sept.23 Rating: 18 and Over Director: 박진표 (Park Jin-Pyo) Cast: 전도연 (Jeon Do-Yeon), 황정민 (Hwang Jung-Min), 나문희 (Na Moon-Hee), 윤제문 (Yoon Je-Moon), 류승수 (Ryu Seung-Soo), 김부선 (Kim Bu-Seon) Website: http://www.mysunshine.co.kr/ goody pack: http://movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/photo.nhn?code=39654&mb=c + Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/sunshine-pre.wmv + Theatrical Trailer (Downloadable, Windows Media): http://www.ziness.com/movie/sunshine/data/...hine512-384.wmv + Making Of (Streaming, Windows Media): mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/making/K0002638_300.wmv + Theatrical Trailer (Streaming, Real Media): http://www.film2.co.kr/realservice/trailers/T0002615.ram + Hwang Jung-Min's Wine Lesson (Streaming, Windows Media): mms://media1.maxmovie.com/av/Maxdestiny_hpmaking.wmv + Music Video by 신혜성 (Shin Hye-Sung) - (Streaming, Windows Media): mms://media1.maxmovie.com/movieinfo/image/av/sunshine_mv.wmv Synopsis: 드디어…서른 여섯 살 노총각 인생에 사랑이 찾아왔습니다. 사랑하는 사람이 나타나기를 꼬박 손꼽아 기다리기 서른 여섯 해. 천사 같은 그녀가 스쿠터를 타고 제 곁을 스쳐 지나갔습니다. 사람들은 그녀가 서울에서 갓 내려 온 다방 아가씨라고 합니다. 차 배달도 나가고 다른 남자들과 술도 마신다고 했습니다. 그러나, 저는 틈만 나면 그녀를 보러 다방으로 달려갔습니다. 장미꽃과 갓 짠 우유를 그녀에게 선물했습니다. 그녀와 함께 있고 싶은 마음에 난생 처음 티켓을 끊기도 했습니다. 그러나, 그녀는 사랑 따위는 필요 없다 합니다. 그녀는 절 쉽게 받아주지 않았습니다. 사랑 따윈 필요 없다며. 그러던 어느 날, 저는 우연히 그녀의 눈물을 보게 되었습니다. 그녀도 사실은 사랑 받으며 행복하게 살고 싶어한다는 걸 알게 되었습니다. 그녀의 그 눈물을 씻어줄 수 있는 사람이 나였으면 좋겠다고 생각했습니다. 그래서 그 날, 저는 용감하게 마음을 고백했습니다. 세상에서 제일 행복하게 해주겠다고. 그리고 마침내, 그녀는 내 진심을 받아주었습니다. 그녀와 함께 있으면 세상 모든 걸 가진 것 같았습니다. 그런데… 행복한 순간이 영원할 줄 믿었던 것도 잠시, 그녀에게 잊지 못할 과거가 찾아왔습니다. 혼자 힘들어 하는 그녀를 위해 전 재산인 젖소 목장이와 통장 5개를 처분했습니다. 이제, 우리 사랑에 더 이상의 장애는 없을 거라 믿었습니다. 그런데, 어느 날 그녀가 편지 한 통만 남긴 채 제 곁을 떠났습니다. 행복하게 살라고. 미안하다고. 며칠 후, 저는 그녀가 에이즈에 감염되었다는 청천벼락 같은 이야기를 듣게 되었습니다. 그녀가 아플 까봐 너무나 걱정이 됩니다. 내가 곁에 있어주어야 하는데. 모두 그녀를 포기하라 합니다. 하지만, 저는 그녀를 끝까지 지킬 겁니다. 가족도, 친구도, 세상도 모두 그녀를 찾지 말라고 합니다. 하지만 저는 그녀 없으면 한시도 살 수 없습니다. 죽을 때까지, 아니 죽어서도 그녀를 지켜야 합니다. 왜냐하면.. 그녀는 제 운명이기 때문입니다. ^translations pls... c: http://cinema.chosun.com c: http://movie.naver.com c: http://www.twitchfilm.net

^

Aw... Virgo-sis... it's like Christmas in October :lol: ... you've shared really nice movie caps for the threads. Especially love "You're My Sunshine" pics. JDY & HJM... they really glow together! Thanks for the thread & sharing! :wub:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of related news for the new thread:

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jeon Do-youn's multiple hits stem from passion for acting

Ironically, a certain similarity runs between the two utterly different characters of a seedy tearoom waitress and a gorgeous daughter of the president when played by Jeon Do-youn, one of the nation's most bankable actresses.

In the two contrasting characters, viewers discover a similar naive and fragile soul which seems to speak for itself. The 32-year-old actress fills up every role she takes with the same honest soul, giving life to the fictional characters.

Thanks to the nation's acting queen, director Park Jin-pyo's movie "You Are My Sunshine" and the SBS weekend primetime drama "Lovers of Prague" are overwhelmingly popular simultaneously. The movie is currently a No. 1 box-office hit, filling 917,000 seats in the first week of release, and the drama is also enjoying a commanding popularity with an over 20 percent viewer rating in its first week.

200509280017.gif

Jeon Do-youn in "You Are My Sunshine" (left) and "Lovers of Prague"

In "You are My Sunshine," Jeon plays the role of a pitiful tearoom waitress who is also a sex worker. The waitress moves to a rural area away from Seoul to escape her abusive husband, and later falls in love with a farmer who showers her with love and gives her new hope. But as the cruelty of life flows, she is faced with the fact that she is infected with HIV, and her new love turns into another despair.

From the hardened woman, Jeon manages to bring out a fragile soul which arouses the viewers' sympathy. When played by Jeon, the woman is no longer just a pitiful sex worker, but instead, becomes a vulnerable - and perhaps even humdrum - woman with a lust for love and affection.

The same effect occurs in the TV drama "Lovers of Prague," when Jeon turns the charming daughter of the nation's most powerful man into a clumsy woman who likes eating junk food on the streets like every young Korean woman. From this character that appears to have everything - wealth, fame and beauty - Jeon manages again to bring out a soul of a naive and ordinary woman who has a lust for love like everyone else.

When a first love announces that he is leaving her, the "superwoman" replies "So, does this mean I'm being dumped?" without much feeling. But through Jeon's acting, viewers can see how much hurt the character is holding back in those numb words.

It is rare for a movie and a drama with the same leading actor or actress to become major hits at the same time. And often, actors and actresses avoid such cases, due to the risk of confusing audiences.

But Jeon managed to pull both roles off perfectly without causing any confusion.

While presenting lifelike acting for two completely different characters, Jeon never fails to turn the roles into her own, by blowing her own soul into each character.

When Jeon made her debut in the campus romantic drama "Our Heaven" in 1992, she was recognized as "just another" young and charming actress who arrived in TV land.

But since the 1997 movie "Contact," Jeon is considered by producers to have established herself as one of Korea's most-wanted actresses for the big screen.

Unlike other popular actresses who often face setbacks after a few major hits, Jeon's acting career has been a string of successes with hits like "Harmonium in My Heart" and "Happy End."

Jeon is regarded as an actress who has a "perspective-view" for choosing the right roles that can be best acted by her. And after making a choice, Jeon immediately pours all of her passion into the role.

"Often, it's hard to get back to real life after I finish a movie or a drama, because I truly believe that I am the character while the shooting is in process," Jeon once said in an interview with a local monthly magazine. "It's a bit like suffering from a broken heart, seeing from a fact that I always end up mourning over the characters as if they had been my lovers."

While acting, Jeon chooses to remain an "ordinary" person you expect to find on the streets, unlike other actresses who often strive to stand out from other people. Thus to women, Jeon is someone they could never hate or be jealous of, and to men, she becomes a symbol of an ordinary but lovable woman whom they hope to meet in real life one day.

Jeon's major power on the screen and TV was evidently not formed in one day. The actress' continuous efforts to develop a "sixth sense" for the right roles and to grasp viewers' expectations appears to have brought her the current success.

(hayney@heraldm.com)

By Shin Hae-in

Source: The Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00509290030.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Oct.2,2005 18:40 KST

Hwang Jeong-min -- Acting from the Heart

200510020002_00.jpg

Hwang Jeong-min's acting style can bring tears to the eyes of viewers -- if acting is the right word for what looks more like possession. "The camera doesn't lie. You can never fool the viewer. You have to act with your heart, not your head," he says.

In the film "You are My Sunshine," which debuted late last month, Hwang's character, Seok-jung is in love with Eun-ha (played by Jeon Do-yeon), a waitress who works in a teahouse. That does not change even when he finds out she has AIDS.

"I was moved by the tale of the genuine love between two people," Hwang explains. "I agreed with the director's idea of showing it as pure love, like an uncut gem, without sloppily adding to it or embellishing it." To start at the end, it was a smashing success. From the top of his head to the soles of his feet, Hwang inhabits the part of the aging bachelor, naivety and all, and it is Hwang's impassioned performance that takes a film that could have been a banal tear-jerker to box-office success.

In a scene that had audiences rolling in the aisles, Hwang dances in his underwear in the bathroom: it was improvised the day before shooting. A tearful prison interview scene that has attracted much comment was also a last-minute addition. For the entire 16 hours it took to shoot the scene, Hwang had to keep conjuring tears from the heart.

200510020002_01.jpg

"Do-yeon gave me great strength: when I stood in front of her, I naturally became Seok-jung" It is because of this commitment to emotional truth that Hwang can confidently tell interviewers that he is 100 percent satisfied with his work. During a crisis on set, or when he is either feeling too satisfied or caught up in mannerisms, he takes out notes he made when he first read the screenplay. "I look at the screenplay again and again. That's where all the answers are," he says.

Wrapping up the interview, the Chosun Ilbo asked, "How would Seok-jung and Eun-ha have lived if they met under different circumstances? Wouldn't their love have been doomed in the end anyway?" Hwang the actor instantly disappeared and Seok-jun the aging provincial bachelor resurfaced. "They would have been all right, because they were people who knew the power of love."

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: Digital Chosunilbo

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0510020002.html

man, virgo_star you're starting some really good threads. the first post has good info (movie posters, with trailer, mv, etc links). it'd be nice if more threads start off like this, more informative that way.

aja aja fighting. :lol: ^^

Guest virgo_star
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nep13tune

Wasn't sure where to post this since it seems like she doesn't have an official thread of her own.

Jeon Do Yeon, Next Year I Will Marry

Jeon Do Yeon’s love is bold. I don’t know how she feels about her love described as “bold”, but as I sat across her during the interview, I could not help but think so. She was honest about her experience in love, and she possessed unshakeable hope and conviction in love. Once a person crosses into the thirties, both men and women have scars from past love experiences and tend to settle for something less than love or give up on love completely. Jeon Do Yeon, on the other hand, says “love is a topic that can never be talked about enough, and there’s always something more to say.” And through her current movie “You Are My Sunshine” (directed by Park Jin Pyo, produced by b.o.m. Film Production Co., Ltd) which hit the theaters Sept. 23, she talks about love.

▲ The Woman Who Loves Love

Jeon Do Yeon is a favorite of melodrama movies, and has been holding fast to her favored genre by filming only melodrama movies. The movie “You Are My Sunshine” is also a story of love in the traditional melodrama frame. She admits, “I do not feel too attracted to movies that do not deal with the theme of love.” A transformation for Jeon Do Yeon stays within the frame of melodrama, showing different types of love.

”There are many different types of love I have yet to do in movies, and ‘You Are My Sunshine’ is a movie that deals with love in a different light from my previous works,” she says. Her previous movies like “The Harmonium in My Memory”, “Scandal”, and “My Mother, The Mermaid” dealt with a one-sided, almost platonic love. But in this recent film, she is the receiver of love. One way to characterize the love she receives is to say that it is “overwhelming.” Whether such love does exist is almost doubtful.

She states, ”I’ve been the giver and receiver of love many times. But this kind of love, I’ve never received before. And while filming the movie, I was able to reconsider love. I will not loose my faith in love.”

▲ Jeon Do Yeon and the Image

Jeon Do Yeon has multiple images, and if her fans were to state her image, the answers would vary. The most commonly acknowledged image is that of a “white slate.” She seems to absorb whatever pictures projected onto her, and at the same time she seems to erase them as easily. Of those many images she has created through her movie roles, one image that cannot be left out is that her characters are all honest. For those with a mentality of “my love is romance, other’s love is an affair”, she is honest to the point where it reaches the point of boldness. The character Eun Ha in “You Are My Sunshine” is also no ordinary woman, who goes from being a tearoom waitress to a victim of HIV, Eun Ha lives a life of adverse fortunes.

According to Jeon Do Yeon, “the thought that certain roles might hurt my image has never crossed my mind. I believe that if an actor is preoccupied with the image, then it limits the actor’s potentials and ultimately becomes the actor’s loss.”

▲ Dreaming of Marriage

She is now thirty-two years old. At this time in life, a person can feel drained and dream of becoming a different person. And Jeon Do Youn is not exception. She is now looking toward marriage, the traditional step in life. “When the right time comes…” is the most common response to marriage by most celebrities, but Jeon Do Yeon gives a different answer. She firmly states, “next year.” To use her expression, “I don’t have a special other at the moment, but I have a strong, though unfound, feeling that I will marry next year.”

”Every time I go to a fortune teller, I’m always told I’ll be married next year. And even though I’m not firm believer of fortune-telling, it’s still a consolation to be told so. I’m quite simple-minded, aren’t I?”

This article has been translated from Sports Today.

Picture courtesy of Sports Today.

Source: Tour2Korea.com @ http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...num=1&kosm=m2_7

Korean Weekly News - 10/30

The nominations for the 4th annual Korean Film Awards have been announced. As expected, the 'Dongmakgol syndrome' swept through these awards as well, but the great technical achievement pushed up 'Blood Rain' as well. The awards will be presented on December at the Sejong Cultural Center, and shown on MBC.

최우수작품상 (Best Picture)

말아톤 (Marathon)

너는 내 운명 (You Are My Sunshine)

연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating)

웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

감독상 (Best Director)

Kim Dae-Seung, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

Ryu Seung-Wan, 주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist)

Im Sang-Soo, 그때 그 사람들 (The President's Last Bang)

Park Jin-Pyo, 너는 내 운명 (You Are My Sunshine)

Park Gwang-Hyun, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

남우주연상 (Best Leading Actor)

Hwang Jung-Min, 너는 내 운명 (You Are My Sunshine)

Jo Seung-Woo, 말아톤 (Marathon)

Park Hae-Il, 연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating)

Jung Jae-Young, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Ryu Seung-Beom, 주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist)

여우주연상 (Best Leading Actress)

Kim Mi-Sook, 말아톤 (Marathon)

Jeon Do-Yeon, 너는 내 운명 (You Are My Sunshine)

Kim Hye-Soo, 분홍신 (The Red Shoes)

Kang Hye-Jung, 연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating)

Lee Young-Ae, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

남우조연상 (Best Supporting Actor)

Hwang Jung-Min, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Kim Young-Cheol, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Lee Gi-Young, 말아톤 (Marathon)

Im Ha-Ryong, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Park Yong-Woo, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

여우조연상 (Best Supporting Actress)

Na Moon-Hee, 너는 내 운명 (You Are My Sunshine)

Kim Soo-Mi, 마파도 (Mapado)

Kang Hye-Jung, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Na Moon-Hee, 주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist)

Choi Ji-Na, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

신인남우상 (Best New Actor)

Jang Sun-Woo, 귀여워 (So Cute)

Park Geon-Hyung, 댄서의 순정 (Innocent Steps)

Yoon Gye-Sang, 발레교습소 (Flying Boys)

Lee Tae-Sung, 사랑니 (Blossom Again)

Ryu Deok-Hwan, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

신인여우상 (Best New Actress)

Seo Young-Hee, 마파도 (Mapado)

Jung Yoo-Mi, 사랑니 (Blossom Again)

Kim Ji-Soo, 여자, 정혜 (This Charming Girl)

Jo Yi-Jin, 태풍 태양 (The Aggressives)

Yoon Se-Ah, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

신인감독상 (Best New Director)

Im Pil-Sung, 남극일기 (Antarctic Journal)

Jung Yoon-Cheol, 말아톤 (Marathon)

Lee Yoon-Gi, 여자, 정혜 (This Charming Girl)

Han Jae-Rim, 연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating)

Park Gwang-Hyun, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

각본상 (Best Original Screenplay)

말아톤 (Marathon) - Jung Yoon-Cheol, Yoon Jin-Ho, Song Ye-Jin

연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating) - Go Yoon-Hee, Han Jae-Rim

웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol) - Jang Jin, Park Gwang-Hyun, Kim Joong

주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist) - Ryu Seung-Wan, Jeon Cheol-Hong

혈의 누 (Blood Rain) - Lee Won-Jae

미술상 (Best Art Direction)

Ryu Sung-Hee, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Im Hyung-Tae and Jang Bak-Ha, 분홍신 (The Red Shoes)

Jo Hwa-Sung, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

Min Eon-Wook, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

Lee Hyung-Joo and Jo Geun-Hyun, 형사 (Duelist)

촬영상 (Best Cinematography)

Kim Ji-Yong, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Choi Sang-Ho, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Jung Jung-Hoon, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

Choi Young-Hwan, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

Hwang Gi-Seok, 형사 (Duelist)

조명상 (Best Lighting)

Shin Sang-Ryeol, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Lee Man-Gyu, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Park Hyun-Won, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

Kim Sung-Gwan, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

Shin Kyung-Man, 형사 (Duelist)

편집상 (Best Editing)

Moon In-Dae, 내 생애 가장 아름다운 일주일 (All For Love)

Choi Min-Young, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Nam Na-Young, 주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist)

Kim Sang-Beom and Kim Jae-Beom, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

Shin Min-Kyung, 태풍태양 (The Aggressives)

시각효과상 (Best Visual Effects)

EON, CG for 남극일기 (Antarctic Journal)

Jung Doo-Hong, Action for 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Jo Yi-Seok, CG for 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Shin Jae-Ho, make-up for 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

Mopack, CG for 형사 (Duelist)

음향상 (Best Sound Effects)

Choi Tae-Young and Lee Seung-Yeob, 가발 (The Wig)

Choi Tae-Young, 남극일기 (Antarctic Journal)

Kim Seok-Won and Kim Chang-Seob, 여고괴담4 (Voice)

Kim Seok Won and Kim Chang-Seob, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

Park Joon-Ho, 형사 (Duelist)

음악상 (Best Music)

Dalparan and Jang Young-Gyu, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)

Lee Byung-Woo, 연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating)

Hisaishi Jo, 웰컴투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)

Jo Young-Wook, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

Jo Young-Wook, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)

FINAL COUNT

13 - Welcome To Dongmakgol

11 - Blood Rain

7 - A Bittersweet Life

6 - Marathon, Rules of Dating, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance

5 - You Are My Sunshine, Crying Fist, Duelist

3 - Antarctic Journal

2 - The Red Shoes, Mapado, Blossom Again, This Charming Girl, The Aggressives

From various source, posted by X at Twitch.

Guest virgo_star

still visible on d charts... no 7

Box Office in Seoul (Oct. 28 ~ Nov. 3, 2005)

1 The Beast and The Beauty

20051101000022_00movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/beastnbeauty.wmv

Opening Date : Oct. 27

Director : Lee Gye-byeok

Main Cast: Ryu Seung-beom, Shin Min-a, Kim Gang-u

2 Princess Aurora

20051101000022_01movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/orora-pre.wmv

Director : Bang Eun-jin

Main Cast: Uhm Jung-hwa, Moon Seong-geun, Kwon Oh-jung, Choi Jong-won

3 My Lovely Week

20051013000015_00movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/lovelyweek-pre1.wmv

Opening Date : Oct. 7

Director : Min Gyu-dong

Main Cast: Uhm Jung-hwa, Hwang Jung-min, Lim Chang-jeong, Kim Soo-ro, Suh Young-hee

soompi: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6224

4 Sad Movie

20051025000018_00movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/sadmovie_trailer-pre.wmv

Opening Date : Oct. 20

Director : Kwon Jong-gwan

Main Cast: Jung Woo-sung, Lim Soo-jung, Cha Tae-hyun, Yum Jung-ah, Shin Min-a

5 The Legend of Zorro

20051101000022_04movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/zorro2-pre.wmv

Director : Martin Campbell

Main Cast: Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rufus Sewell, Nick Chinlund

6 Monster-in-Law

200511040021_05movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/perfectwedding-pre.wmv

Director : Robert Luketic

Main Cast: Jennifer Lopez, Jane Fonda, Michael Vartan, Wanda Sykes

7 You¡¯re My Sunshine

20050927000017_00movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/sunshine-pre.wmv

Opening Date : Sept.23

Director : Park Jin-pyo

Main Cast: Jeon Do-youn, Hwang Jung-min, Suh Ju-hee

soompi: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5588

8 The Merchant of Venice

200510280004_05movie.jpg

Preview - n/a

Opening Date : Oct. 21

Director : Michael Radford

Main Cast: Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Joseph Fiennes, Lynn Collins, Zuleikha Robinson

9 The Cave

20051025000018_03movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/cave-pre.wmv

Opening Date : Oct. 20

Director : Bruce Hunt

Main Cast: Morris Chestnut, Eddie Cibrian, Cole Hauser, Piper Perabo

10 Welcome to Dongmakgol

20050830000017_00movie.jpg

Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/dongmakgol-pre.wmv

Opening Date : Aug. 4

Director : Park Gwang-hyeon

Main Cast: Kang Hye-jeong, Shin Ha-gyun, Jeong Jae-young, Lim Ha-ryong

Sourced from CINEMA CHOSUN

c: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0511040021.html

• 1 month later...
Guest zingsharon

thanks for all the info

i cried when i watched the trailer...

when hwang jung min want to meet jeon do yeon in the police station or prison...

i think this is a great movie and hope to watch it soon

Guest annababy

So, I just finished watching this movie, I was hesitant on watching this movie, thinking it was a typical love story but WOW it's one of the saddest, Real love story film i've ever watched!!!!

I CRIED MY EYES OUT!!!!!! i cried ALOT in Autumn Story and Eraser In My Head and I think I cried as much in this film

The acting is EXCELLENT, both lead characters did an awesome job!!! no wonder it was nominated for so many awards!!!

I recommend this, well I guess only to women cuz it is a chick flick!

but wow, the love story was really beautiful and i cried my eyes out!!!!!

good movie, good movie! B)

Guest zingsharon

a touching love story

the movie is awesome

i like it

after watching the movie, i felt so warm...

because this was a true and beautiful love story

hwang jung min and jeon do hyun did an excellent job!

Young Korean directors present Directors' Cut Awards

admin200512309203517so.jpg

The Directors' Cut Awards, a yearly ceremony in which young generation Korean directors vote on awards for filmmakers, was held in Apkujeong, Seoul on December 26.

Launched by film director (and current KOFIC vice-chairperson) LEE Hyun-seung in 1998, the Directors' Cut awards this year polled 42 directors in their thirties and forties to determine awards in directing, acting, and producing.

Best Director honors were presented to IM Sang-soo for his film The President's Last Bang, which screened in the Directors Fortnight section at Cannes in May.

In an unusual development, the award for Best Actress was shared between LEE Young-ae of Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and JEON Do-yeon of You Are My Sunshine, as the number of votes for the two actresses was split evenly. Best Actor was presented to JUNG Jae-young for his performances in Welcome to Dongmakgol and My Wedding Campaign.

Other awards included Best New Director to JEONG Yun-cheol of Marathon, Best New Acting awards to actress JO Yi-jin of The Aggressives and actor HA Jeong-woo of The Unforgiven, and Best Producer to OH Jung-wan and LEE Eugene of You Are My Sunshine.

In addition, a Special Acting Award was named in honor of the late actress LEE Eun-joo (The Scarlet Letter), who passed away in February 2005.

Source: KOFIC (Korean Film Council)

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/news/news_view...em=&tmp_cnt=335

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lilmizjae

i watched this movie today and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

the acting is needless to say, PERFECT.

I cried my eyes out... it was funny.. sad... beautiful.. heartwrenching.. i felt for each of the characters.. i recommend this movie to everyone if you love sad love stories.. this is the one.. but it is WAY MORE than just a sad love story...

• 3 months later...
Guest sweet_treats1812

it was a pretty good movie~ kinda sad how when the girl was alreayd in prison, they were jst talking to each other with the glass between them and they like literally stood on the counter jst to touch each others hands :(

in the beginning, the guy struck me as really dorky..but the way he tried to win the girl over was also really sweet..im glad it didnt protray stuff like the girl dying or anything..the ending kinda gave me a sense of hope for the two of them.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i really liked this movie. it's not the typical candy floss young romance type of movie and it wasn't the usual melodramatic ending u would expect. i thot the love portrayed was a mature, sacrificial and true love. very moving story and the acting was very real...great work by the actors/actresses! it proves that u don't necessarily need good looks to make a movie succeed. :)

Archived