New Sm Boyband : Shinee (sounds Like Shiny)

Guest Soy

Guest idiscolikeathug

^ you mean bigbang's style.

CHEAP MOVE BY SM. am i the only one that isn't too fond of their mini? mini-albums in general are so bigbang-like. & the youngest member in this group is a great dancer as is the youngest in bigbang. not to mention they're decked in bigbang clothing. stupid coordinators need to find them a new concept - that is, unless their concept is "bigbang."

I don't know why your saying they're copying Big Bang. It's not like BB was the first to come up with their hip hop/r&b concept and with their neon gear and millionare shades. I love BB, but If you really want to get into the whole coyping ordeal, then people can assume BB may as well have copied from B2K or Kanye West or other American hip hop/r&b artists and groups. But BB made the concept their own mixed with their own personal style and talent so why can't Shinee do the same?

Any new group is going to be compared to older ones because there are so many now, but it doesn't mean they aren't talented or don't deserve attention or recognition. I think as long as they can make whatever concept they are going for their own, make good music with real talent, and appeal to fans, then they deserve to be promoted and have attention.

When I first heard of Shinee, I bashed them to my friends saying they look so gay and stuff, but I heard their single and I really liked it. Then I watched their live and was really impressed at their vocals and performance and now I'm a fan^^;;. (though I feel a bit of a pedo with them being so young so I made the oldest my fav since hes my age ^^;;)

I think they're off to a great start on their career, and I hope they continue making good music.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno what you all are saying

but if you'd say, they resemble big bang... i'd agree with that

but copying big bang?

that's another issue

big bang's not that original as you may think they are..

weren't their styles based off of 1tym

and plus, this style isn't even korea's to begin with..

have you listened to replay and shinee's whole single?

Guest sonujung

i think Shinee music is actually really good.

many people are saying that they are coping BigBang but i don't think so.

their music and style are different from them so BB fans need to chill cause' they'll eventually like Shinee as well.

and even if they are coping BB, isn't that a good thing for bigbang?? it's showing that they're looking up to them.

if bigbang is SO great, then even if shinee is coping them, it shouldn't matter.

sorry i'm kinda overreacting. -_________-;;

Guest annabelle

whoa... after i watch the mv, i was pretty surprised. the boys are quite talented though still young. well cmon girls, give them a chance. i have a feeling they gonna be successful as dong bang sunbaes in future :)

Guest mika.16

yeah at first i was a bit "OMG BIG BANG FAKERS"

but then, their music is alot more melody/singing orientated, while BB is rapping.

i STILL think Shinee needs to develop a more unique image/flavour... but that needs time. i mean, when BB debuted, their music/fashion style was kinda different to it is now.

BB and shinee STARTED similarly (hiphop/euro clothes.. slower songs... but they'll develop into their own styles.

and anyway, jonghyun (???) is such a good singer!

does anyone else think that the MV makes him look uglier than he does on stage?? in the inkigayo perf i was like "heeey, hes hot!!! jawlineeee" haha.... ok sad.

Guest thesweetestkrn

gah! onew is my mvp!

he's so cute

his dork smile makes my heart melt!

thanx for all the pix

Guest sang_woo_always

new shinee fan here!!!

Jonghyun is a HOTTIE

I fell in love when i saw

him in REPLAY. wow

soooo HOT. HOT HOT HOT!

SHINee looks pretty cool, I haven't listened to them, so I now I must : ) I don't know why SM is releasing so many new people so quickly. SNSD just debuted and I haven't heard from CSJH in a while, plus SUJU M had just started and Victoria Song. IDK if they know what they're doing but hopefully they are.

Guest i.said.hi

this is out. of. hand. jyp's hot blood, sm's shinee, yg's bigbang. one day they'll all come out at once & the world will come to an end. LOL, i kid, but still the point remains the same. no more boybands!

Thats what they said last year about the girl groups all coming out. But guess what? Everything went fine. THe groups that were successful made it to the top why the girl groups that weren't did not (sadly to say). Same with this year. Boy groups, they all debut, but those that are destined with the talent and skills will rise up to the top while some will not

Guest xjuiiccy

We can't really say that they're copying BB or 1TYM or whatever .

Music is music . If we were to be judging on who's copying who,

then why don't we talk about how Big Bang is hip hop like "black" people ?

Why don't we talk about rap copying the blues ?

Why don't we talk about blues copying the slave songs ?

Seriously guys, grow up & listen to the music .

Even the way they dress, it had to have come from SOMEWHERE .

Big Bang didn't CREATE hip hop style .

Also;; I<3 Taemin & Jonghyun~

Guest ginger

^ you mean bigbang's style.

CHEAP MOVE BY SM.

Uh, I'm pretty sure wearing colorful hoodies and bright sunglasses wasn't started by Big Bang... :ph34r:

Anyway, the song is okay. The music video is cute. The boys are *too* cute...little pretty boys.

-ginger

Guest babiloveyoo

^ exactly what Ginger said. The music video is cute but idk I thought the boys would be more good looking? Im not trying to be mean >.< since its SM Entertainment lols XD

Guest chunnie

oi thank you so much for the subbing group!

It's much appreciated!

I am so caught up with 'Love should go on' at the moment, such a great song.

I can't wait to hear more from this band.

I keep putting on these meaningless comments here but.. hahaha, they really do have this cool chill music that I really like.

Guest Tinateukbum

Just thought I'd share something I made :].

He is soo cute :]].

KEY-1-1.jpg

If you want it bigger, msg me.

^_^

SHINee Love.

Guest chumby

Does anyone have HQ [or not..] scans of the booklet that came with the mini-album?

Besides the ones on shinee-ing.net?

Nevermind. I found them already!

If anyone else wants it, the scans are uploaded at sm_shinee. [LJ]

Guest starlight5388

INTRODUCING:

SHINee International Forum's 1st Project

PROJECT T-DAY!

Wow! I haven't been here in forever!! And there's so many updates XD

I've been on SHINee International forum a lot.

I'm lulu and my username there is lalaland

You fans should come and check it out! it's awesome!

www.shineee.net

So I'm actually here to spread the word about our first bday project! lol...

As you all know our magnae Taemin's Bday is coming up in July!

And SHINee International forum is working on it's first project!

PROJECT T-DAY!

We will be sending presents to Taemin by the end of June. So that means we got to hurry because it's coming up pretty fast!

Along with the presents for Taemin, we will also be sending the other SHINee boys debut gifts!

Ideas also came up about pre-made accounts for SHINee members so that they can log onto the forum.

(Soshified was really an inspiration for this after Tiffany from SNSD logged on when reps gave her the account info at HB)

So these will also be mailed with the presents.

We're going to need all the help and donations we can get! So please visit the bday thread at the forum for all the details!

http://z11.invisionfree.com/SHINee_Forums/...p?showtopic=840

SHINee Hwaiting!!!

Guest teukiewings

Like this group made a REALLY, REALLY GREAT EXPLOSION during teir Debut. O__O

But I agree to the others. It's better if SM promotes those artists who debuted earlier and those artists who need great pomotion.

Sometimes I think SM is a crazy person. LOOOL.

Guest chonghee_seth

i made a shiNee icon of my fave part of their replay choreography :D

here's a snapshot of it

1212343647122436_file.jpg

you can see the full view HERE

u can also download and use them ^_^

Archived