[movie 2009] Wandering Mr. Kim / Castaway On The Moon 김씨 표류기

Guest jy___x

Guest jy___x

Starring: Jung Jae Young & Jung Ryeo Won

Wandering Mr. Kim

kims_mposter.jpg

Directed: Lee Hae Joon, won Best Director at Blue Dragon Awards for Like a Virgin(2006)

Produced: Kang Woo Seok (Shadows in the Palace, I Like it Hot, Hwang Jini)

Release Date: April 30 2009 May 14 2009

Cast: Jung Jae Young (My Son, Welcome to DongMakGol), Jung Ryeo Won(Two Faces of My Girlfriend,

My Name is Kim Sam Soon)

Summary: Kim Seung Geun(Jung Jae Young) attempts to commit suicide by jumping into the Han River. However, he ends up on Bamseon, a small uninhabited island in the river. Despite his attempts to leave the island, Seung Geun starts to realize that he might decide to live. He gradually becomes accustromed to island life and meets Kim Jung Yeon(Jung Ryeo Won), a unsocial and isolated woman. Jung Yeon has spent the last two years in her room and uses her Internet as her connection to the outside world.

Side-note: Both of the actors made an effort to adjust to fit their characters. Jung Ryeo Won, the female lead lost 5 kg in order to portray an isolated and unsocial character. Jung Jae Young, the male lead made an effort by fitting the description of his character, (i.e. long, shabby hair)

Jung Jae Young casted as Kim Seung Geun

301444.jpg45763_1-1.jpg

Jung Ryeo Won casted as Kim Jung Yeon

54.jpgpp_28056_1_1216731269.jpg

Movie Related Photos

382643.jpg

s1.jpg

M0020050_s2W636-.jpg

s9.jpg

Movie Stills feat Jung Jae Young as Kim Seung Geun

382642.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

9b9682b1a9503a75092302ca.jpg

fc5bbc1b4045a8388618bfe4-1.jpg

Movie Still feat Jung Ryeo Won as Kim Jung Yeon

365727.jpg

M0020052_s4W636-.jpg

M0040003_s3W636-.jpg

Jung Jae Young & Jung Ryeo Won off the set

Media

Wandering Mr. Kim Teaser 2

Wandering MK: interview+making of

JRW T-Shirt making for Wandering Mr. Kim

Credits: Summary(http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/05/wandering-the-han-river/)

Daum Movie website

Wandering Mr. Kim Official Website

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ishida21

If I count without a mistake, it's the third movie of Jung Jae Young for 2008 :o

(Public Enemy 3, The Divine Weapon and Kim's Island)

I don't care, I like a lot this actor (he has play in such beautiful movie as Wedding Campaign, Someone Special, Welcome to Dongmakgol...).

Of this 3 upcoming movies I must say this is the most anticipated for me since he will pair with Jeong Ryeo Won :wub:.

I think I will follow this thread frenetically ^^.

For information for people who don't know Lee Hae Joon, he is the writer of Like a Virgin, Antartic Journal, Arahan, Au revoir UFO and No Manners, looks very good!

Guest rose_liana

so excited...since two faces of my girlfriend, i want to see more JRW projects...love her!!! :wub:

Guest huangsy

If I count without a mistake, it's the third movie of Jung Jae Young for 2008 :o

(Public Enemy 3, The Divine Weapon and Kim's Island)

I don't care, I like a lot this actor (he has play in such beautiful movie as Wedding Campaign, Someone Special, Welcome to Dongmakgol...).

Of this 3 upcoming movies I must say this is the most anticipated for me since he will pair with Jeong Ryeo Won :wub:.

I think I will follow this thread frenetically ^^.

For information for people who don't know Lee Hae Joon, he is the writer of Like a Virgin, Antartic Journal, Arahan, Au revoir UFO and No Manners, looks very good!

Also for Jeong Ryeo Won, actually there was yet another movie with Lee Jung Jae but I guess she chose this one instead.

• 9 months later...

This looks pretty interesting, thanks for starting the thread. :) Lee HaeJoon's a good director ("Like a Virgin" <333), it's always nice to see Jung JaeYoung (though... "Divine Weapon"? er, no thanks), and I like that Jung RyeoWon took this offbeat role. Even the posters are cute lol.

bigger version <credit: Daum>

posteri.jpg

73775083.jpg

MR. KIM'S ISLAND. ("Kimsshi pyoryugi") In an effort to end his life, Mr. Kim plunges from a bridge into the murky waters of the Han River. However, his desperate attempt at suicide leads him to an unexpected meeting with a withdrawn young woman. Jeong Jae-yeong plays Mr. Kim. His former roles include the lead in Going by the Book and Chi-seong in Someone Special. He is joined in the cast by the rapidly rising star Jeong Ryeo-won. Ms. Jeong has made quite a name for herself on television but thus far her only films, The Two Faces of My Girlfriend and My Boyfriend Is Type B, have been largely forgettable. The co-director of Like a Virgin, Lee Hae-joon, is directing this Banjjak Banjjak Productions drama. [Koreanfilm.org]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Press Conference on April 7

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/plus/starGalleryPo...asp?hot_cd=1128

~~~~~

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2903369

Seoul castaways

April 10, 2009

Actors Jeong Jae-young (left) and Jung Ryu-won, pictured at the CGV Multiplex in Apgujeong-dong, southern Seoul, on Tuesday, star in “Castaway on the Moon,” to be released next month. The film is about an unexpected encounter for Seoul’s Robinson Crusoe on Bam Island on the Han River.[YONHAP]

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2009.04.09

A castaway on the Han River

Jung Jae-young, who plays the lead role for the forthcoming film "Castaway on the Moon (Kim-ssi pyoryugi)," seems to be relishing a box-office battle with Tom Hanks.

"Whether we wanted it or not, we are going to stage a showdown with Tom Hanks," Jung told reporters at a news conference Tuesday.

The implication is two-fold. First, "Castaway on the Moon" obviously has taken its cue from "Cast Away" (2000), which starred the Hollywood actor. Second, the Korean flick is released on May 14, the same day that Hanks' latest film "Angels & Demons" hits local theaters.

But any similarities end there. "Castaway on the Moon" is not about the dramatic struggle of a man deserted in the middle of the ocean, but about a quirky man who becomes stranded on an island in the Han River.

Mr. Kim (played by Jung Jae-young) plunges from a bridge into the Han River to end his life, only to end up on an island. Mr. Kim realizes that it is difficult to live, but that it is equally hard to die.

As he grows accustomed to the isolated life on the island (the SOS letters on the sand are changed from "Help" to Hello"), he comes across a wine bottle containing an anonymous letter, offering a fresh impetus.

Meanwhile, Ms. Kim (Jung Ryeo-won) maintains a secluded life in her own room. She has a solid daily routine, updating her homepage and taking pictures of the moon. She is awakened from her reclusive life, however, when she catches a glimpse of a dark figure on the Han River - a turning point that finally prompts her to leave her sacred room.

"When I got the screenplay, I really liked the story because it's quite entertaining and interesting, and it also has a last-minute surprise," Jung Jae-young said at the press event.

Jung Ryeo-won, who built up her career in television dramas, said she did not have any difficulty in playing the role of Ms. Kim. "Some people were worried about my role because Ms. Kim was a loner, but I have been living alone myself for a while, so I found it interesting to see some similarities between my life and Ms. Kim's life," she said.

Director Lee Hae-jun, who also made "Like a Virgin," said his second film was designed to give audiences a sense of hope. "Even though some viewers might take the message of hope as an outdated cliche, I still believe hope is the very message we want," he said.

"Castaway on the Moon" was originally planned to hit theaters on April 30, but the film's distributor Cinema Service pushed the schedule back to avoid direct competition with Park Chan-wook's much-awaited Korean vampire film "Thirst."

By Yang Sung-jin

(insight@heraldm.com)

April 10, 2009

This thread was previously started by Huangsy; presently changed to jy___x at the first post to maintain & update with related movie info.

Everyone please keep posting & continue sharing. ^^

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Dahee Fanel

A Trailer From the “Moon”

Posted by daheefanel on April 10, 2009

Here’s the trailer for the new Lee Hae Joon movie, Castaway on the Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnJyRQgFhzo

The film, starring Jung Ryeo Won and Jung Jae Young, is set to hit theatres May 14th.

The storyline goes something like this: A man (Jung Jae Young) jumps off a bridge into the Han River, intending to commit suicide. Instead, he winds up stranded on an island on the Han River, and needs to fend for himself, “Castaway”-style (remember, Tom Hanks?). In the meantime, a woman (Jung Ryeo Won) who can be described as a hikikomori (that is, shutting herself up in her room/house and becoming a total recluse), sees this man on the island from her bedroom window, and the two of them establish contact.

I absolutely adored Lee Hae Joon’s 2006 film Like A Virgin (starring Ryu Deok Hwan), and I’m eager to see his new work. True, I’m not crazy about Jung Ryeo Won, but I really enjoyed Jung Jae Young in Welcome to Dongmakgol, and I’m confident he’ll do a good job here. The storyline is intriguing (I’m especially interested in the phenomenon of hikikomori), and overall, this movie looks quirky, funny, and promising. I’m excited to see it.

Archived