Working At...

Guest :0486

Guest :0486

This is like the other thread "Working at Hollister/Abercrombie." Except this one, I'm more interested at working in either Urban Outfitters, Hot Topic, Forever 21 American Eagle, Old Navy,Aeropostale,PacSun

Some questions:

What is the minimum age you had to be to work there?

Do looks effect anything and what do they usually look for in looks?

Type of jobs they have for you and experience

Salary

Atmosphere of store

Any other information

If anyone wants to post questions about other places, then this can be a thread of that too :)

Guest dafleur

i've worked at Anthropologie, which is Urban's older sister store. you need to be at least 18 to work for the company. they don't take "working papers" from 16yr olds.

of course looks matter. they are trying to push/sell their image and want employees who will be able to represent that image. for urban, they look for people who have edgey, metropolitan, almost "rocker" appearances/attitude.

most employees are sales associates, though there are also a few stock positions.

rate of pay depends on your experience and the location of the store.

the atmosphere also depends on the location of the store. does it have a lot of foot traffic? the store itself is very chaotic since they have craptons of stock and things seem to be jampacked on the racks.

urban/anthro stresses customer service. know how to greet customers and how to determine what their needs are. know how to build sales and add-on. you should also know what can reduce the amount of shrink in the store (you are often quized on what the shrink goal is for a certain period). also know your product very well as you will be asked frequently by customers/clients.

Guest ROCKiT

i've heard from someone that to work at hot topic, you must have at least 4 piercings or more? 3 or more. i'm not sure. (:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest huongface

What is the minimum age you had to be to work there? i'm sure there's an age requirement where you live. If you're in the states you would need a work permit if you are still in high school.

Do looks effect anything and what do they usually look for in looks? I think it does. Its better to look the part. I'm sure you stepped into a urban outfitters and the folks there are dress the part.

Type of jobs they have for you and experience i worked retail before and its like any job. If you work at a store you totally love, then you'll spend most of your money there. ha!

Salary usually minimum wag

Atmosphere of store depends on the employees you work with

Guest JELLOO

i've heard from someone that to work at hot topic, you must have at least 4 piercings or more? 3 or more. i'm not sure. (:

:mellow: that's odd, lol.

My assistant manager worked at AE, he HATED it, he said worse job of his life!

Archived