Guest Seoulite5

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY~ Now for some screenshots of one of my favorite movies,

NO REGRET 후회하지 않아:

Fanwork, I think?

That was just my dedication to No Regret... Really--I couldn't help but to fall in love with this movie, right from the nostalgic beginning of Sumin's fleeting moments at the orphanage. There will prooooobably be other dedications in the future, hahahaha. I'm glad this thread is getting fairly popular. Actually--the page view numbers are very high considering I just started this thread a few days ago. Let's keep it growing!

i've watched no regret and i really liked that i watched it a few times. young hoon was superb with his acting.

Guest kyelin

Kyelin you fail at life.

I've seen gay couples I live in Paris. I have gay friends. Gay or not what's the matter? Love is 2 souls liking each other. When you love someone you love them for what they are not for their gender. And don't try to smooth what you're saying with smileys

forget it and forgive me

Guest Star*Eun Ji

WOW

where have i been the whole tym.. i didnt see this thread!!

omggg.. heheehehe....

this thread is loveeee hahah

ive seen most these here.. jus sum i hvnt got the chance to watch yet..

like boys love 2 n love of siam n a few other ..

but i tototally recommend

Love Of Siam( cryed so much ==.. n i love the OST <33)

Bangkok Love Story (i cried so much lol)

Beautiful Boxer (i got teary because this show was realli touching. i think it will change a persons perspective of homosexuals wen they watch it =])

Ai no Kusabi (i cried so much in this to lol)

BrokeBack Mountain ( i noe its kinda cliche. but its tru.. its a realli good film

theres heaps more but i cnt think which one was realli good..

until i remember i will edit this post..

I REALI WANT TO WATCH BOY MEETS BOY!! OMG IM LIKE O_________O HOLY!!.....

does any1 have the link to the thread about it .. i CANT WAIT.. HOHOHO.. KIM HYE SUNG!! <33

and i read Let Dai and Summit.. Let Dai is SOOOOOOOO GOOD...one of the best.

viewfinder is realli good too ..

Guest marasshi

You can find most of them on aarinfantasy.com (join the forums) or at livejournal.com/jdramas

<3

Thank you! : ) I'm a member at jdramas but I couldn't find Happy Together (which is what I'm most interested in heehee).

I guess I should try looking for the other movies. They seem to be more popular. Thanks again!

Guest happyasrain

You translated for Gashiyeon? :o Do you still have links or copies to your translations? I'd love to see how you'd translate it, especially seeing as the translators of Gashiyeon (before they stopped) weren't native speakers so sometimes the English was a bit off.

LOL I totally know what you mean about being impatient with dramas. But that scene I just told you about in Coffee Prince is really moving... (I *THINK* it's... episode 12? Seriously, it's just the last five minutes. So so good.)

And I was actually talking about the Taiwanese drama version of Hana kimi hahaa. I watched like half an episode of the Japanese version before I killed it and said, NEVER AGAIN D: hahah. Yeah, I think I heard something about making a Korean version also? Or maybe that's for Hana Yori Dango... which would also mean that it'd have a Japanese, Taiwanese (Meteor Garden), & Korean drama version hahaha.

I actually haven't finished reading Let Dai yet. It's kinda hard for me to get through because there's so much crap that happens & I'm like, dude, can the author give these guys a break? lol. Lots of manhwa & Korean dramas have this really melodramatic air & the tendency to drag on forever which kinda makes me -_-. I've honestly never, ever finished a Korean drama I've started in my life. The closest I've gotten to finishing one is tied between Full House & Coffee Prince with me stopping at episode 14 (out of 17?).

I haven't read too much of Kaze to ki no uta. What did you think of it? But since Takemiya Keiko is part of four well-known old shoujou authors along with Ikeda Riyoko who wrote Rose of Versailles & Claudine. Claudine, even though it's uhhh "Girl's love?" lol was really really good. I cried! T_T & Just Ikeda Riyoko's stories in general. Lots of gender ambiguity & pretty boys & masculine women. Really interesting. (Kinda like Utena I guess?)

Hagio Moto's in that group also, who I love. She's amazing... my favorite out of all of them. (She writes mostly all kinds of plot-based BL. Fantasy, action, realistic, etc). Not a lot of her stuff are translated though... and it's kinda hard to find. (They translated a really really good manga of hers in English called "A'A," but it's out of print on the Viz site?) If you can, you should read "Hanshin"; it's a short translated oneshot that should be on manga comms. Really very heartbreaking. Her recent famous one though, is Zankokuna Kami ga shihaisuru (a cruel god reigns) which ended at 19 volumes. I think it won that famous Tezuka Osamu yearly award (and it was BL & dealt with incest, rape, & drug abuse at that!).

Kinda off topic but hey, are you going to HB? :D

Guest Ketamine

happy together. a chinese movie directed by wong kar-wai. it won the cannie award for best director.

Happy Together (Chinese: 春光乍泄; pinyin: chūn guāng zhà xiè) is a 1997 Hong Kong movie directed by Wong Kar-wai, starring Leslie Cheung and Tony Leung Chiu Wai, that depicts the eventual conclusion of a turbulant romance between two men.

Plot outline

A gay couple, Ho Po-Wing (Leslie Cheung) and Lai Yiu-fai (Tony Leung Chiu Wai), from pre-handover Hong Kong visit Argentina to renew their ailing relationship. The two have a continual pattern of abuse, followed by break-up then reconciliation. One of their main goals there is to visit the Iguazu waterfalls which serves as a leitmotiv in the movie.

The movie unfolds in the following sections:

Part 1

As the two arrive into Argentina, they pick a car. During the ride however, they get into an argument and break up. Lai (played by Tony Leung) is the more stable and committed of the two, and desires nothing more than a fairly normal life. He tries to deal with the break up rationally and gets a job at a local nightclub. Ho (played by Leslie Cheung) has an extremely destructive personality and is not able to commit to a monogamous relationship. Ho seems to be motivated by a both a need for attention as well as a need to simply hurt Fai. Ho picks up numerous other men, and even goes so far to bring them to the club that Lai works at. Lai tries very hard to lead a normal life at this point, but is nearly driven to the brink.

Part 2

One day Ho Po-Wing turns up severely beaten at Lai Yiu-fai's apartment, who takes him in and begins to take care of him. Ho's hands are injured so at this point, he relies on Lai for nearly everything. Initially, Lai works hard to keep Ho at bay physically and emotionally. However in the end, they get back together. Their actions indicate a continual pattern of abuse, break-up, finally followed by reconciliation. As in the previous times, in the beginning Ho does try to make the relationship work, but gradually the destructive side of his personality takes over and the familiar cycle of mutual abuse and dependence starts once more.

Part 3

As Lai and Ho's relationships starts falling apart again, Lai befriends Chang, a fellow Chinese from Taiwan at work. In some sense, Chang is Ho's opposite. Whereas Ho is manipulative and volatile, Chang is straightforward and stable. After Ho fully recovers, he resumes his playboy lifestyle and leaves Lai. Lai copes with the loss by spending more and more time with Chang. It is hinted that Chang is attracted to Lai, stating that he 'deep, low voices', and asking Lai to record something on a portable tape-recorder before Chang leaves Buenos Aries. Chang's unassuming self-awareness and sincerity help Lai out of his depression, contributing to his eventual realization that his relationship with Ho Po-Wing is based on an ideal which no longer has any basis in reality.

Part 4

After a few months, Ho again contacts Lai, but this time, Lai has the strength to avoid starting the cycle. While on the surface, Ho is angry about Lai's rejection, privately he also mourns this loss. Eventually, Lai finds the strength to visit the waterfalls and return to Hong Kong.

The film received positive appraisals from several film festivals; this included winning Best Director at the Cannes Film Festival.[1]

cgz1997.poster.1.jpg

18861880.jpg

happy_together_poster.jpg

sex_film.jpg

happy_together.jpg

happy_together_tony_leslie_8_d302bfe6a3de421aa6c37d9b4627eca7.jpg

Guest heartkiller

love me if you can( chinese movie)

big bang love, juvenile a

crystal boys( chinese drama)

Guest ginger

Happy Together is a freaking amazing movie. It's poetry--visual poetry. I've seen it way too many times but it's just so amazing I keep watching it again.

-ginger

Guest poignant

happyasrain: you're right!

I absolutely enjoyed Formula 17.

That was a Taiwanese Gay Movie on a low budget but high crack and quite the teenage flick.

Seoulite5: This is for you, i hope you don't mind the lengthy post.

Formula 17 AKA [17岁的天空]

Formula17.jpg

Director Chen Ying Rong debuts in an all-male movie that exposes a unique view of gays in Taipei. Perfectly cast for the role, Tony Yang Yo Ning plays a naive, 17-year old teenager (Tien) who ventures off to the big city in search of "true love". Courageous, honest and innocent in chasing his goal in love, Tien gets attracted to the popular 30-year-old playboy Pai (Duncan Lai) – who Tien fantasizes about giving his first intimately kiss to. A thoughtful movie that takes you into the streets of Taiwan, showing you its exciting nightlife into the famous gay bars Funky and Fresh. Formula 17 follows the success of the gay-themed movie Lan Yu - which won international awards for its artistic and realistic portrayal.

This movie starts with the naive countryman Tien. He goes to Taipei to meet his friend who he met online. Believing in "true love", his friend really disappoints him by saying that he would like to have sex with him. "How can we make love if there is not love between us?" Tien asks.

Then his 'the one' appears. This stud (Nan) was hurt by his ex-boyfriend, and thinks that he will never fall in love again. But later, he discovers that he's fallen in love with this cute guy. Scaring of getting hurt and hurting Tien, he decides to leave Tien after the romantic night. In fact, this can do nothing but hurts both of them. At this time, Nan knows he has to overcome his fear of intimacy because he has fallen in love with Tien. He prays to God, hoping God can give him one more chance, and getting Tien back.

You'd have to watch the movie to find out the ending! [recommended!]

It's quite the feel good movie. PS: Duncan(Pai) is hot.

Some other Homosexual Films to catch:

Love My Life [Japanese Lesbian Film]

LoveMyLife.jpg

Ichiko and Eri are two beautiful Japanese Uni students who are in a lesbian relationship. Ichiko comes out to her father who tells her he is also gay and her mother was a lesbian. Her best friend is gay too, though he has a female who is after him. Their liaison is very intense, but Eri suggests a temporary separation so she can concentrate on her law studies. The break from their affair is difficult for Ichiko to deal with. Is tragedy at hand?

Rainbow eyes [Korean Thriller]

Rainboweyes.jpg

Inspectors Kyung-yoon CHO and Eun-joo PARK have been an inseparable duo ever since their police academy days. One day, the two inspectors take on the case of a young rich sports center owner, violently stabbed to death. The only clue to the case is a piece of body hair with AB blood type found at the scene. The two inspectors identify a swimming instructor as a major suspect to the case, but he later gets brutally murdered in the same way. It is later revealed that the two victims and a third party were once in the same army and committed a disgraceful act together. The police see the murders as a serial murder case in revenge for the victim at the time, ‘Yoon-suh LEE’. But as the murderer’s identity slowly unfolds, inspector Kyung-yoon comes across another shocking mystery…

Not trying to be a spoiler but there's a twist with gay connotations.

This film has a bit of gore, but the twist makes it worth watching.

It's slightly more twisted than your usual film, but i guess thats why it's a thriller. [recommended for angst]

Summer Storm [German Gay Film]

summerstorm.jpg

Tobi and Achim have been best friends for years. As cox and oarsman, they have helped their team win several rowing cups in the past and are now looking forward to the big regatta in the countryside. But this trip is no summer camp anymore and the first problems soon arise. As Achim’s relationship with his girlfriend grows more serious, Tobi starts to realize that his feelings for Achim run deeper than he’s willing to admit to himself. He feels confused, unsure of himself and increasingly left out. When the much-anticipated Berlin girls’ team is replaced by a team of athletic, cliché-busting young gay men, Tobi and his teammates are suddenly forced to grapple with their prejudices, their fears, and, perhaps, their hidden longings. As the tension grows, Tobi, Achim and the others head towards a confrontation as fierce and ultimately as liberating as the summer storm gathering over the lake… Summer Storm highlights the emotional confusion of a young man at the threshold of adulthood.

It's not really an Asian Film, but i figured since it's a gay film its worth some attention.

Summer Storm gives a rather poignant feel.

However, i feel it's gives a glimpse of the reality of homosexuality and its acceptance in society.

Credits: IMDB, hancinema, Rotten tomatoes

On a side note, would anyone mind passing me a link where i could read Let Dai (in english)? ^^

But you should definitely try reading The Summit (not in the least because the main characters look like Yunho & Jaejoong hahahahah). :D I actually translated a couple of chapters for it (from Japanese translated ver.) and umm yeah. Very nice looking men... hahaha.

Oh cool... you were one of the translators?

I was the proofreader for that project.

Guest cjgohan2003

I just finished no regrets recently, and I must say, despite the (initially) off-putting, gritty context, especially during the first half of the film, it's a wonderfully modulated peace that provides a universal hope without blaring on a moral pedastol, of love and everything in between.

I found myself LOLing at the conclusion though. Perhaps because it was so gripping and intense during the last 20 minutes and then Bam! :lol: So unexpected.

Guest Matahari_Biru

Hi Seoulite5, so this thread has been moved. Glad you're enjoying my recommendation. :) And so happy to see that this thread is growing and I got lots of bl movie references from here. I've watched Formula 17 and Blue Gate Crossing... I also love both movies....

Guest poignant

Regarding Rainbow Eyes, it wasn't really "labelled" a gay movie,

but there's a dark twist so be intrigued! Rainbow Eyes takes you on a mind trip.

Hmm, i wouldn't say it's scary cause it's more like crime/murder thriller than horror.(No supernatural see-throughs, thank goodness)

I didn't know it until i watched it for the first time.

I really enjoyed it though.

Warning: R for gore and sexual scenes.

Speaking of horror, I do know of some movies that have lesbian undertones.

Like Memento Mori [Korean Horror Film]

MementoMori.jpg

In a Korean high-school, the teenagers Hyo-Shin Min and Shi-Eun Yoo are lesbian lovers that decide to write a diary together and expose their love to their schoolmates. When Hyo-Shin has one night stand and gets pregnant of a depressed teacher, the love of Shi-Eun dies and she breaks up with Hyo-Shin leading her to commit suicide. Shi-Eun's classmate Min-Ah So finds and reads their diary, disclosing the innermost secrets of the two lovers, and becomes obsessed for Shi-Eun. When a close friend advises that Min-Ah would die because she was reading the diary of a dead girl, she wants to return the diary to Hyo-Shin.

This movie shocked many horror fans as it was marketed as Horror, they just didn't expect it to be lesbian horror.

Wishing Stairs [Korean Horror Film]

WishingStairs.jpg

In a Korean boarding school, there is a legend about its twenty-eight steps stairway: when the twentieth-ninth step appears, the fox will grant a wish to the climber. The lesbian ballet student Kim So-hee is in deep love with her passive girlfriend and also ballet student Yoon Jin-sung. When there is a competition for a single spot in a famous ballet school in Russia, the envious Jin-sung finds the twentieth-ninth step and asks to beat the favorite So-hee. However, there is a price to pay for the wish unknown to Jin-sung and the consequence is the accidental death of So-hee. Meanwhile, the fat student Eon Hae-ju, who is despised and tormented by her classmate Han Yoon-ji, misses So-hee. When she also finds the mysterious step, she wishes the return of So-hee with tragic consequences.

It's just too bad i'm not that crazy about supernatural horror. :x

Credits: hancinema & Imdb

If i'm not wrong, there's Homosexuality Drama Series in America too.

Like Queer as Folk (Gay Drama)

and The L Word (Lesbian Drama), it was so popular that there's season 1-5.

Seoulite5: Thank you so much for your link! <3

Guest ChocoMilkShake

hmm, am I the only one that didn't enjoy "Boys Love"?? I could accept the cliche storyline and the so-so acting but the ending was just :crazy: ... ... I find it totally illogical.

Fortunately I watched "Formula 17" soon after and I really liked it. There were cliche points in the story as well but I loved how the story was narrated and there were so many laugh-out-loud moments. yep, I definitely enjoyed it. ^^

Archived