[movie 2005] Voice Letters/ Whispers/ Voice - 여고괴담 4: 목소&#

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w
Kim Ok Bin, Seo Ji Hye
posterphoto6524.jpgVoice Letter - 여고괴담 4: 목소리 Directed by Choi Ik-hwan (최익환) Screenplay by Choi Ik-hwan (최익환) Seol Joon-seok (설준석) Cast: Kim Ok-bin (김옥빈) Seo Ji-hye (서지혜) Cha Ye-ryeon (차예련) Kim Seo-hyeong (김서형) Im Hyeon-kyeong (임현경) ========= I'm still confused about this movie. So Young-Eon killed the music teacher? Who was that other girl who could hear dead people's voices? Is she the one on the poster posted above? How about here.. is this Young Eon? s_p1004044988.jpg Did Young Eon possess Sun Min's body at the end or something? Uhh, someone explain this movie to me please. Thanks! :) I hope I got the names right... :blink:

SPOILER

Ok.. this is the gist of it... Young Eon was actually not a very nice girl. As the ghost, she killed the music teacher so that the other girl ghost will disappear. In the end, she wanted to live so she took over Sun Min's body. (Remember at the end, she said that she would bring her mum to Chuncheon? She said that to her sick mother in the hospital)

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

Yeah I remember that part. But why did she said I LOVE YOU to Sun Min when she's in Sun Min's body? I don't get this... I liked the part when the other girl Cho Ah (I think) said that the ghost only remembers what they want to. But, who killed Young Eon?

Do you have any info/speculation about the other girl who got killed in the basement thatlight bulb lights stabbed in her face?

SPOILER

From what I guess .. She still thinks SUn Min is her best friend and that's why she says I Love You to reflection cos she's in Sun Min's body. Cho-Ah says that ghosts only remember what they want to remember, that's why Young Eon could not believe that she was so nasty to the other long hair girl that liked the Music teacher. She also found out that she encouraged her mother to jump off the building (not the one she remembered that she was going to see her mother then she saw her mother jump)

Me thinks that Young Eon may have fallen into the elevator shaft, either she didn't see it or she panicked when she thought she saw someone and ran into the elevator and fell.

This is just my speculation..

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

Oh okay.. kamsahamnida! This makes things more clear now. Good job on explaining things I really appreciate it. :D

My friend said she doesn't wanna rewatch this movie but I think now I want to and I'll pay more close attention and patch things up a little bit... ;)

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

Yeah I think I would. I saw a link of it in someone's clubbox.

I just hope my friend didn't delete this movie (Voice Letter) yet... aish... let me text message her! :lol: Otherwise I could just dl it myself. :P

• 6 months later...
Guest donchajane

the story seemed to drag on and on.... but put all together its an interesting film. so young-eon is a really greedy girl, taking over her friend's body. the other ghost i guess was nice, but then young-eon ticked her off by stealing her teacher from her. i guess she deserved to get killed herself. so is sun-min and cho-ah ghosts in the school now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shina :)

i watched WC:memento mori,Whishing stairs,voice letter and i try to dl the first part but anyways the most i like i Voice letter it was scary.The second part(memento mori)wasnt scary i didint scar at all

Guest donchajane

i thought kim ok-bin played the roll really well. when she was scared, i was getting scared for her (even though she's already a ghost. what more could happen to her"). there's an interesting scene towards the end, when you figure out the ending (i wont spoil it), but she was really creepy. not really a scary movie... just enough to keep you entertained.

here are some scenes from movie:

voice16ao.th.jpg

voice20ib.th.jpg

voice33dr.th.jpg

Guest sushimi

woah.... i hope that this movie will be in videoclub, like this i could rent it... i would like to watch Kim.. Donchajane, do you think that the way she plays is different each time? i know that you seen her in "Hello, God!" "Hanoi Bride" and "Voice Letters... " :unsure:

Guest donchajane

woah.... i hope that this movie will be in videoclub, like this i could rent it... i would like to watch Kim.. Donchajane, do you think that the way she plays is different each time? i know that you seen her in "Hello, God!" "Hanoi Bride" and "Voice Letters... " :unsure:

actually, now that you ask... it does seem ok-bin does the same expressions for her characters. i would say that the roles she played for hanoi bride and voice seemed the same. in hello god, she had a variety of scenes, so she was able to give us more about that character.

Guest Truelover

i hope voice letters will be release in France to rent it

Hi sushimi,

You're not the only one ! I hope so too.

It seems to be out of stock on yesasia :blink:

From this serie Whispering corridors, I've seen only the third volume (Memento mory) with was a very good movie. Voice letter seems to be in the same field, exposing only-girl social organisation and sentimental expression, all that under somewhat supernatural omnipresent constraint.

Let's wait and see ;)

Kate

• 7 months later...

Spoilers & explanation of movie from imdb.com msg board

Yes, i've seen Moksori (Voice)and i own it on dvd as well. i think it worked better as a "horror" film than Memento Mori (which was more dramatic than traumatic) because the colors in Moksori are toned down throughout. the girls' school uniform are earthy colors, so is the school, and the music is some sort of Latin/Catholic choir and it's haunting with the cinematography, while Memento Mori had color bursting with edges of comedic behavior on the girls' parts. The all-girls school in Moksori, however, are more serious=quiet. As if they have no life outside of school, focusing every part of themselves to the school's activities... which Young-Eon does - practicing singing over going out with her "best" friend Sun-Min, thus "losing" her voice or becoming Invisible to the world... and, quite possibly in the afterlife Makes up her own life - how exactly did she die? did she really "punish" the Music teacher? even Young-Eon doesn't know for sure. ~ not to mention that some viewers are CONFUSED again (hahaha), and the thing about Korean Horror/suspense/mystery films (that i found, like some REALLY GOOD Japanese films) is that they don't give the story away like American movies do (spoils the wonder in wandering) - they allow for more in-depth viewing, that's why it's true : people make their own Truth. people remember/see/hear/become what they want to. ~

and in response to someone's previous post about the ending being too ambiguous... Sun-Min just saw a girl she considered her best friend all bloody and a girl she was making friends with covered in glass and bleeding - two days in a row, two dead bodies. Remember the "other" Young-Eon - what she Said? it's like the ending to Memento Mori where some viewers were confused over Shi-Eun and Min-Ah communicating telepathically... you know... it was the individual turning into someone else ... the whole Spirit thing... ops, i really don't wanna give it away! that's all i'll say (hahaha).

In the credits, you see Cho-Ah talking to herself or someone else and stuff...what's up with that?

I don't think it really meant anything, just there for effect. But if you watch her at 1st she is upset, nearly crying/pleading then slowly her expression changes to one of anger by the end ^_^

"Don't you hear my voice? Remember me..". Exactly like other ghosts in the movie, she's trying to seek someone who can hear her voice to maintain her existence. And I read one more line...... "Wait..... I'll revenge you'. Coz the soul of the ghost (who killed Cho-Ah) entered in the body of her best friend at the last scene, now Cho-Ah, ghost, could kill her.

Archived