What Laptop Do You Have? Post It!

Guest chocolateturtle

Guest joonieki

^ nice, i always wanted a clamshell mac, i was very sad when they discontinued it.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1405....thats all i know about it. x]

want a sony vaio or a macbook pro.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xskyi

A CompaQ Presario 2100

Was my sisters old one before she bought a MacBook. Bought this for a couple of years ago, 5 maybe?

It's ok but gets really hot, batteri time sucks like hell and the memory is low to.

Guest aaandy

O_o serious how did you get the HP so cheap? Either it was broken and you fixed it.. or some sort of... yeah

I have a HP DV2700

2ghz core2duo

3gb ram

160gb hdd

Nvidia 8400m GS

14" lcd wish it had higher resolution than 1280x800

Webcam, bluetooth, worthless finger print reader, 802.11 ABGN, and it had a WWAN card I pulled out.

Long story but I scammed bestbuy lol...

Guest SongBird

^ I want to hear the story. How did you pull that off man?

I had a Thinkpad T20. Now I have a T60. I could have gotten more for my money from another brand, but I chose the quality of a Thinkpad and I have no regrets. I also have a PowerBook G4, aluminum case. The 12.5 inch one. It's a powerful and good looking package, but too bad they don't make it like that anymore.

Guest aaandy

^ I want to hear the story. How did you pull that off man?

I had a Thinkpad T20. Now I have a T60. I could have gotten more for my money from another brand, but I chose the quality of a Thinkpad and I have no regrets. I also have a PowerBook G4, aluminum case. The 12.5 inch one. It's a powerful and good looking package, but too bad they don't make it like that anymore.

LOL... here goes. Anyways, so I bought a Sony Vaio a couple years ago and got the best warranty with accidental coverage. I sent it in a few time because of a faulty headphone jack which they just could not seem to fix. They finally replace it but with a different part. Different jack colors annoyed me. I want it be OEM you know? :P So far, 2 repairs. I send it in again because the DVD burner starts becoming a hit or miss situation. They send it back with some beat up drive... I kept my Vaio in pristine condition (no joke). Now I'm pissed cause the thing looks all beat up and it has slower burn speeds than the previous. I look it up to find out it's from a Vaio older than mine... Awesome. I snip one of the prongs in the DVD burner and take it back for repairs so I can use my No Lemon Policy.

A little while later I get a call and they say come in so an associate can help you find a replacement. They point me in the direction of $700 laptops... mind you, two years ago I spent nearly 1800 for mine. The ones they offered didn't even have dedicated graphics. :( So I asked if I could just get one I wanted and pay the difference. That's where my plan came into play. Haha, it was hella busy and this employee helping me was a super duper goody two shoes. He starts panicking cause all these people need help haha so he grabs the laptop and take me back to customer service where they are to do my exchange. I owe $700 difference on the laptop and he tries to tell the supervisor but he's busy too haha so he brushes him off and he tries to tell the other customer service people. They all treated him like a little kid. They are like yeah dude, we got it, whatever... There were two people working the customer service. I step back and let the people ahead of me go, so the guy that was supposed to help me is busy now, and i move over to the other worker who has no idea whats going on. She asks me whats the laptop for, I tell her it's my replacement HAHA, and she goes oh ok, and starts typing a bunch of crap. gets the manager to put his code in and she tells me i owe 50$ HAHA success.

funny cause if you read the receipt. i bought the vaio back in the day for 1,199+tax+warranty. and this laptop cost $1250

just doesn't make sense. she asked me if i wanted a warranty and i said no and got out of there LOL

Guest chriskong37

old:

hp pavillion notebook dv8000t

ibm thinkpad r52 (back before it was sourced to lenovo)

current:

thinkpad x61t (tablet for school: 1.6ghz core 2 duo, 2gb ram, 80gb hd .__., vista business)

thinkpad t61p (core 2 duo 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, nvidia 128mb, 160gb hd, wireless-n and bluetooth, vista business)

macbook pro (17" tiger shipped model, 2gb ram, 160gb hard drive, upgraded to leopard)

i use the x61t at school, so i have to say that most my time is spent on that model. i've never thrown the older computers away though.

I chose the quality of a Thinkpad and I have no regrets.

i second that. there are so many notebooks from other manufacturers offering better value, but i choose to stick with the thinkpad range for pc primarily because ive grown to like what they offer and the quality (especially in workmanship)

old:

hp pavillion notebook dv8000t

ibm thinkpad r52 (back before it was sourced to lenovo)

current:

thinkpad x61t (tablet for school: 1.6ghz core 2 duo, 2gb ram, 80gb hd .__., vista business)

thinkpad t61p (core 2 duo 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, nvidia 128mb, 160gb hd, wireless-n and bluetooth, vista business)

macbook pro (17" tiger shipped model, 2gb ram, 160gb hard drive, upgraded to leopard)

i use the x61t at school, so i have to say that most my time is spent on that model. i've never thrown the older computers away though.

i second that. there are so many notebooks from other manufacturers offering better value, but i choose to stick with the thinkpad range for pc primarily because ive grown to like what they offer and the quality (especially in workmanship)

wow, i wanted both the x61t and the t61p lol. so which do you use more?

the x61t seems like something really nice to bring around all the time.

Guest suzic87

A CompaQ Presario 2100

Was my sisters old one before she bought a MacBook. Bought this for a couple of years ago, 5 maybe?

It's ok but gets really hot, batteri time sucks like hell and the memory is low to.

I have the same one as you! Had mne for like 3-4 years and yup I need to get a fan for my laptop too

Guest ahndee

HP Pavillon dv6000

8776149cv1a.jpg8776149_sa.jpg

2.0 ghz amd turion x2, 3gb ddr2 memory, 160gb hd, 15.4 widescreen, nvidia geforce go 7150m

I bought this a couple weeks ago and i'm happy with the purchase plus I got it for a pretty good price.

Guest chriskong37

wow, i wanted both the x61t and the t61p lol. so which do you use more?

the x61t seems like something really nice to bring around all the time.

if i could choose, i'd use the t61p more, but i need the x61t for school. so naturally, i use that model the most.

i'm actually really happy with the purchase of the x series tablet. originally it was supposed to come with a 2.1ghz core 2 processor, but was replaced with a 1.6ghz core 2 processor. apparently it has something to do with the power consumption and what would be more suited to school.

the battery life is pretty good as well, 4-5 hours maximum performance or 5.5-6.75 hours on 'power source optimized' or 'maximum battery life' from the thinkvantage power manager.

it's really practical to take around with you because of the light weight. good for school work, esp. if you're using programs like onenote and outlook.

the only con i'd have to say about it is the fact that no optical drive is included in the unit, so im stuck using an external drive.

anyway, it is a really nice laptop to bring around, especially considering the fact that the monitor swivels to tablet mode saving space.

if i could choose, i'd use the t61p more, but i need the x61t for school. so naturally, i use that model the most.

i'm actually really happy with the purchase of the x series tablet. originally it was supposed to come with a 2.1ghz core 2 processor, but was replaced with a 1.6ghz core 2 processor. apparently it has something to do with the power consumption and what would be more suited to school.

the battery life is pretty good as well, 4-5 hours maximum performance or 5.5-6.75 hours on 'power source optimized' or 'maximum battery life' from the thinkvantage power manager.

it's really practical to take around with you because of the light weight. good for school work, esp. if you're using programs like onenote and outlook.

the only con i'd have to say about it is the fact that no optical drive is included in the unit, so im stuck using an external drive.

anyway, it is a really nice laptop to bring around, especially considering the fact that the monitor swivels to tablet mode saving space.

4-5 hours?!

I HATE my hp then! Standard battery that fits nicely on the laptop lasts 2 hours with maximum power save.

The bulky 12 cell battery that sticks out the bottom lasts about 5 hours with maximum power save... when I say max, CPU is on 50% screen is lowest brightness... wireless in power save.

Guest chriskong37

4-5 hours?!

I HATE my hp then! Standard battery that fits nicely on the laptop lasts 2 hours with maximum power save.

The bulky 12 cell battery that sticks out the bottom lasts about 5 hours with maximum power save... when I say max, CPU is on 50% screen is lowest brightness... wireless in power save.

man, wireless takes hours off my battery life! i try to use hard wired lan whereever i can Dx.

although my battery goes for a long time, i dont usually use it that often. i "borrow" the schools power by plugging my computer in and charging it there. ^^

oh, and my battery is 8 cell

Guest -x.smile.31

i don't have a lap top =[...but here's my brothers'

acc2.jpg

Model: ASUS G2Sg-A1

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.50Ghz) 6MB L2 Cache 800Mhz FSB

Memory: 4GB DDR2-667

Hard Drive: 320GB SATA HDD

Display: 17" WUXGA (1920x1200)

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8700GT 512MB of VRAM

Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD-RW-/+ With Lightscribe

Communications: Gigabit LAN, WLAN 802.11 B/G/N, Bluetooth V2.0, 56k Modem.

Special Features: 1.3MP Integrated Webcam, 5 in 1 Card Reader

Battery: Li-Ion

I have the Dell Precision M90

13999.jpg

[*] Intel T2600 2.16GHz Core Duo

[*] 1GB DDR2 667 RAM

[*] 100GB 7200RPM HDD

[*] 17" WXGA+ @ 1440x900

[*] nVidia Quadro FX 1500M

[*] Intel 3945a/b/g/ wireless module

[*] Windows XP Pro

It was required for my major so I had to get it. I got it for almost $3000 and it's a pretty good laptop. But it is so heavy- about 7 lbs and 10 including the charger.

But my battery is dying so I only have about 5 minutes left if I don't charge it ^_^;;;

Archived