especially Park Bom..

I've been wondering when she was going to debut

good luck to them ~

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest --hearts.

SM girls did, JYP girls did it...let's see if YG girls can do it!

I'm looking forward to this...we've been hearing news about them here and there for a while now but nobody knew what was going on. When CL came out, everyone was like...o.o? Let's see what they got.

Guest anne&top

a hip hop girl group!!

i've always hope there'll be one someday,

and its gonna come true! :lol:

though i kinda wished they let Park Bom go solo,

since she has been training for so long and her vocals are just awesome!

how old is Minji exactly?

she looks REALLY young.

Guest Lighto_Yuchun

Can't wait till their debut but not sure they will make it big :mellow:

Prove me wrong YG!

The age difference between the members are quite big.

Guest gouka_odoriko

Bom will finally debut!!!

and this will be new to YG, cool!!!

Hope YG won't turn into SM like artists hehehe, I like all the style of YG's artists in music...

THere's no much info yet so will wait for their debut CL sounds like yoobin to me hahaha

Guest JunsuLover

I can't for Park Bom especially!

I loved her in Forever With You.

And if JiYong produces, it should be amazing<3

Guest cherrie.7

i posted in the other thread in the picture section

but i cant help posting in here too cuz im so excited ehehe

im such a fangirl..

but i adore big bang.. so if YG claims they're female big bang, it's something to be excited for hehe.

im a little bit sad that park bom didn't get to debut solo

but im glad she at least gets to debut. better than never

• 5 months later...

If you don't know who these girls are and are interested in knowing more about them, you can watch all of their vids @ http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYGsecret

---

YG Girl Group: CL, Sandara, Minji, Park Bom

200903250002270.jpg

&helloooo Big Bang! :)

--

03/25/09

‘Female Big Bang’ and Big Bang do ‘Lollipop’ together!

Fans will finally get to see ‘female Big Bang‘ for the first time together this weekend!

With their group name not yet decided, ‘female Big Bang‘ is a name that netizens gave the 4-member group under YG Entertainment 4 years in preparation.

They will released a digital single ‘Lollipop’ on 27th March through sites like Melon and Mnet, and on the 28th, they will appear in the CF for LG Electronics CYON. They will appear in a new ‘Lollipop phone’ MV for LG CYON. And they will be working together with fellow colleagues Big Bang for this project.

‘Lollipop’ MV will be revealed around end of March to beginning of April.

The members of this upcoming group consists of Sandara Park, Park Bom, Gong Min Ji and CL. YG Entertainment said, “Big Bang GDragon has a part in the lyrics and composing for ‘Lollipop’ CF. And from March, the group will officially debut. Because of the amount of time into preparing this, we have many good songs for them and they will be promoting till the end of this year.”

credit:

yess! so there is a music video! so much to anticipate.

These girls are on
Fire
and they've only released a picture of them with BB. Can you imagine what it will be like once they debut or even once the CF comes out?!

2zhpnhu.jpg

credits to Naver. Their Number 1 searched.

672xb5.jpg

credits to Yahoo!korea. Their Number 2.

33xhsfo.jpg

Credits to CYWORLD. Their Number 4 under the name Sista [ I hope thats not their official name]

More: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=12881822

--

03/17/09

found another translation on bbvipz,

"Female Big Bang" to appear in a CF with Big Bang!

"Female Big Bang" will make their first public appearance through a CF with Big Bang.

The team name has not been finalized yet, but they have been called as 'Female Big Bang', because they were administered and produced by Big Bang's company; YG Entertainment.

The four members of 'Female Big Bang' will make their first appearance in a CF; according to a source on March 18th, they will be filming for a product together, and Big Bang and 'Female Big Bang' will sing a new song together.

The members of 'Female Big Bang' has been finalized to be Park Bom, Park Sandara, CL and Kong Minji.

Park Bom has appeared in Anycall CF with Lee Hyori and Lee Jungi, and Park Sandara was known to be 'BoA of the Philippeans', and also appeared in MBC drama 'The Comeback of Iljimae' as a cameo.

CL is known for her rapping skills, and Kong Minji is the granddaughter of traditional Korean dancer Kong Ohk Jin.

translated by 코코마탑횽 @ bbvipz

tiptop.mireene.com

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!

HERE'S A TRANSLATION FROM bigbangnyuh

translation credits to bigbangnyuh

credits to seraphim for posting on bbvipz <- original post

--

03/13/09

Female Big Bang after may debut will continue until end of year

Female Big Bang is set to formally debut in the music entertainment.

Even though the team name has not been confirmed, the entertainment of the popular boy band Big Bang YG entertainment will introduce ‘Female Big Bang’ to the music fans this coming May.

On the 13th on Money Today Star News, a spokesperson for YG Entertainment revealed ‘We were planning to debut the girls in April, but if possible, May will be the month when they will be introduced to the fans.’

Also the spokesperson said ‘already 10 songs have been confirmed and out of these there have been a number of songs chosen for the title song, but until the may debut, we will be getting more songs.’

After the May debut, they will continuously come out the meet the fans until the end of the year.

The spokesperson also mentioned that Female Big bang might be releasing singles and mini album continuously until the end of the year and every month they might release a digital single.

Meanwhile, female big bang is planning on to be a 4 member group of which Park Bom, Sandra Park, CL and Gong Minji will be apart of.

Park Bom has already shown her face to the fans after being in an Anycall CF with Lee Hyori and Lee JunKi.

In 2004 on KBS TV1 ‘Human Theatre’ Sandra Park was introduced as a Pilipino celebrity in Korea and was also said to be the ‘boa of the Philippines. At that time, there were about 80 000 in Sandra’s Fan Café. She also played a part in Iljimae comeback.

CL is known to have excellent rap talents and Gong Minji the grand niece daughter of Korean Dancer Gong Ok Jin.

translated by cookiemuncher@TYGS

DON'T TAKE OUT WITHOUT PERMISSION!

short translated version here --> http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=12764444

--

02/26/09

Female BB's weapon is "refreshing music"

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=12693229

--

01/20/09

‘Female Bigbang’ April Bigbang... 5 Members Confirmed with Sandara Park’s Inclusion

“Both the members and the songs are confirmed. Now the only thing remaining is the team’s name.”

YG Entertainment’s new girl group, who has become the music industry’s topic of discussion since before their debut with the title “Female Bigbang”, has finalized their members and have begun recording.

Sandara Park (Picture), who has attracted much interest in the “Female Bigbang” topic, has been officially included in the group. Parkbom, CL, Sandara, along with the addition of a fifth member who is yet to be revealed have been decided as the five official members. The number of members is the same as Bigbang.

Their official debut date may differ according to the recording sessions; however, as of now it’s expected to be in April. Recordings have already begun on the 19th. Bigbang’s leader G-dragon has been put in charge as the album’s producer.

What hasn’t been decided yet is the group name of ‘Female Bigbang’. Though there have been stories of whether the group’s name has been confirmed to be “Sista”, this name hasn’t been considered in YG Entertainment, as it is a name fans themselves have created.

One staff member of YG Entertainment says “The members and the basic date of their debut have been finalized, but we haven’t been able to decide a name yet” and that “Once their name’s been decided, all things regarding Female Bigbang will be confirmed, yet there are a lot of worries because no good names have surfaced as of now.”

If ‘Female Bigbang’ releases their debut album in April as expected, then the first half of this year is expected to become hot with competition between girl groups.

Following Wondergirls from last year, Kara’s “Pretty Girl” was released and is still being performed, and “The Five Son Dambis” group After School has recently debuted on the 17th.

In March, ex-Wondergirls member Hyuna is expected to debut in a 3 member girl group and with the debut of “Female Bigbang”, the competition between girl groups will sky rocket.

In addition, if JYP Entertainment’s ‘Wondergirls 2’ and SM Entertainment’s ‘The Second Soshi’ also debut this year, it’s expected that a Girl Group Renaissance will occur over a period of time.

Do not remove or add to credits

Translated by rangminlon @ TYGS; Rachel Lee. @soompi

--

01/04/09

‘Strong Baby’ was meant to be for ‘Female Big Bang’

When we thought ‘Strong Baby’ was made solely and only for SeungRi as his solo song in Big Bang 2nd album, we were wrong.

GDragon who produced the song, revealed he started out making the song with the thought of making it for YG’s debuting girl group in mind.

Big Bang’s youngest SeungRi started his solo activities promoting ‘Strong Baby’ on Music Core and Inkigayo on 3rd and 4th January.

The song ‘Strong Baby’ is taken off Big Bang’s 2nd full album released last November, and the song is produced by Big Bang leader GDragon and Bae Jin Ryul who wrote the song ‘Rainisim’.

But it has been known that GDragon has started out making the song with the thought to make it for ‘female Big Bang’, YG debuting female group, in mind.

GDragon, “Originally, we started out making this song for YG’s new female group. But eventually, we realised the song’s characteristics went better with SeungRi. So we decided to give the song to SeungRi.”

SeungRi also said, “When we were preparing for our Big Bang 2nd album, I told President Yang,’It would be good if I have a solo song’. And just at that moment, I have been told that the song ‘Strong Baby’ produced by GDragon and Bae Jin Ryul has been given to me as a solo song.”

And the song was at #1 position on Cyworld chart on 3rd January, receiving the spotlight.

Fans are still waiting for more news about YG’s upcoming female group.

credit: sookyeong.wordpress.com

--

01/03/09

Yang Hyun Seok (YG), “Sista? We haven’t decided what to name the group”

To clear up some misunderstanding about the name of YG’s upcoming female group. Here’s an interview with YG on 31st December.

Yang Hyun Seok of YG Entertainment said in his recent interview regarding the upcoming female group for the company, “After the news that YG will be debuting a new girl group in this year, netizens have given the groups ‘Female Big Bang‘ and ‘Sista‘.”

“Recently, fans have been using the name ‘Sista‘ amongst themselves on the internet. It feels as though it was already been decided so. But we have not come to a conclusion regarding YG new female group’s management, team name and also the number of members.”

Credits to http://sookyeong.wordpress.com

--

12/27/08

YG Entertainment let us in to more of their new female group set to debut next year.

We have already seen the different images of the girls groups by different companies - JYP Entertainment with their 5-member group WonderGirls, SM Entertainment with their 9-member group So Nyeo Shi Dae.

So what about the female group of YG Entertainment?

To begin with, 3 names for the group have already revealed - Park Bom, CL and Gong Min Ji. They are set to debut next spring.

Park Bom has already been featured in Lee Hyori and Lee Jun Ki’s SamSung mobile phone Anycall CF ‘Anystar’. CL has also established a reputation before this for her outstanding rapping skills. And Gong Min Ji is known to be the grand niece of dance master Gong Ok Jin.

But the group name cum the number of members for it have yet to be decided.

Yang Hyun Seok said, “As called the ‘female Big Bang‘ on the Internet, YG’s new female group will have 5 members and we have already found the 4 members to it.”

And about the music style of the new YG female group?

President Yang said, “YG’s new female group will not be as pretty as the normal popular girl groups. But their music will be something that we can guarantee that everyone will really like. YG’s new girl group will make strong and impressive music as compared to their girl groups out there. Big Bang GDragon is currently making music for their debut.”

GDragon revealed in a recent interview that, “There is one song in Big Bang’s 2nd album released in November that was meant to be for YG’s new female group.”

credits: sookyeong@kbites, posted by shortcakes @ TYGS

--

They are to debut in Spring.. ohmygawd Im going to kill YG for putting it off more. RAWRR. lol jk. but seriously STOP CHANGING THEIR DEBUT DATE!! :tongue2: :tears:

I wonder which Big Bang song was aposed to be the girls' ?! =o and there's definitely going to be 5 now! o-o I wonder if they're going to do an audition for it like JYP did for his 5th wonder girl.

--

OLD article

More accurate translated article up. ------------------>

YG Entertainment is preparing to reveal their new female group next February.

Idol group Big Bang's YG entertainment's president, Yang Hyun Suk, announced the debut of a greatly anticipated female group.

In the afternoon of the 14th, Yang Hyun Suk revealed during an interview with Star News "A new girl dance group will release their debut album in February of next year."

This new girl group revealed by Yang Hyun Suk the same day is expected to be made up of Underground's Park Bom, CL, Gong Minji, and also Sandara Park, who's risen to be a popular star in the Phillipines. Currently, korean music fans are referring to them as "girl bigbang."

"It hasn't been decided whether there will be 4 members or 5" explained Yang Hyun Suk during an interview. "Aside from the typical girl groups, this group will be charismatic and tough."

Source

Translated by rangminlon @ TYGS; Rachel Lee. @soompi

~~~

Note: I think Sweety is supposed to be Swi.T (yg's first girl group, currently disbanded). To clarify: the girls will NOT be named Sweety/ Swi.T.

It was announced on 14th October, “After Sweety, YG Ent’s new female group will debut in February next year.”

The group will consist of the company’s Park Bom, CL, Gong Min Ji and Sandra Park. The group was hailed as the ‘female Big Bang’ by fans after news about the group was announced earlier.

Yang Hyun Seok also said, “The final decision is that they will debut next February after sorting out the various preparations for their debut. This new female group will consist of at least 4 member, if not 5, though we have not come to a final decision on that yet. But we are confident that they will be a strong group which will display a different type of charisma for fans.”

Credit: http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/ + momo@ ygworld.wordpress.com

--------------

I AM LITERALLY SHAKING FROM EXCITEMENT NO JOKE LOL.

THEY BETTER NOT BE FREAKING LYING AFTER WE WAITED IN THE SUMMER THEN GOT FALSE RUMORS ABOUT THE OCT. 23RD DATE!

AND SANDARA IS OFFICIALLY IN. YES.

A friend mentioned that there was rumors about a FIFTH member a while back: And now YG says there MIGHT be 5? Wow I wonder who the 5th girl is.

I'll be back to organize and post MORE plus sandara's pic.

i just wanted to post this first =]

Recent Park Bom Pic

tygspbcolonize.jpg

Where have you seen her? Oh you know just places like.. Big Bang's We Belong Together, Big Bang's Forever With You, AnyStar, Tell Me Once More MV.. ETC

Recent-ish CL pic

tygscl1.jpg

Where have you seen her? Uhm Jung Hwa's DJ, Big Bang's A Good Man, and most recently YMGA's What (she hella kills it in this rap ;] )

CUTIE MAKNAE MINJI (she needs more exposure and love! Hopefully YG starts featuring her soon as he has with CL.. )

minjila8.jpg

She hasn't been in any featurings YET, but she's known as the girl who can dance your socks off(LOL). She got YG's attention through an online video that was roaming around the net. She's also GD's favorite and is known as his pet.

Most recent confirmed member Sandara Park

DSC02751.jpg

Where have you seen her? She was featured in Gummy's "I'm Sorry" MV with TOP but you'd be more familiar with her if you're from the Philippines/pay attention to Filipino entertainment. She was a former star there so she's already been in the entertainment business : )

Pics of them together;

TYGSthegirls.jpg

Sandara& Minji being dorky while working out. (they seem most especially close ^^ Sandara adores her dongsengs a lot. one of the reasons why I wanted her to be in the group was cause I didn't want her to be split with her beloved dongsengs lol~)

tygssandyik7.jpgminji7ol5.jpg

tygsDSC02984.jpg

kdr2ig.jpg

CL, Minji, Sandy going to see Daesung's "Cats" Musical a couple weeks ago ^^

tygsdarabomvy8.png

Sandy and Park Bom "da YG girls" (lol)

_____

Other;

2007122910083210021bc5.jpg

tygs735a4b11.jpg

tygsgongminji11.jpg

1DM39817.jpg

Disclaimer: Some of these pics don't do CL/Minji justice. You should totally check out The YG Secret for better and more pics ^^ Also there's way too many people to credit but you can find all these pics @ TYGS to find full credits for these pics. DO NOT take any of these pics out unless you fully know where the credit is due!

MY OPINION:

I seriously think they need to stop referring to the girl group as the Female Big Bang. At first I thought YG was just comparing them since he couldn't find a better word but now it's like THEY'ER STICKING to that name whenever they mention the girls. I know it's just to catch people's attention since Big Bang is popular so seeing a headline with Big Bang people are like :w00t: But Puhlease let the girls have their own identity. Kthx.

I know a lot of people still have doubts about Sandara (I did too) but I think she'll be a great addition to the girl group cause she has the personality that will reel in LOTS of fans and she's really interactive with her fans. she's also a hardworker so I can't wait to see what she'll bring to the group. she's also an actress so she makes the group more versatile and she fulfills the HUGE age gap between CL, Minji --> Park Bom

AND THERE MIGHT BE A 5TH MEMBER.

DANG THIS ARTICLE HAS A LOT OF NEW INFO O.O

I've been excited for this group since they've been mentioned cause ALL the girls bring something new & different to the plate. They'll definitely rock the K-entertainment and EVEN THOUGH they're late in the game since other girl groups SNSD, WG, Kara, ETC have all been out for a while now, I have complete faith the girls will still do well. And if there's a possible 5th member.. wow~ I wonder what distinct quality she'll have & add to the group :) (I'm hoping they'll keep it at 4 though cause I think these 4 already will do well as a group. No need to add more. Plus imagine when Big Bang collabs with this group 5vs5? Fans are gonna go crazy thinking up scandals esp. since they're in the same entertainment. Minji is already getting rap for being GD's favorite.)

SORRY I WROTE LIKE AN ESSAY. LOL

PS. If the rumors about Oct. 23rd was false, I hope "SISTA" was fake too. seriously don't name them that PLEASE. XD

~~~~~~~~~~

JOIN THE YG SECRET! THE GIRLS' INTERNATIONAL FORUM! ^^

http://www.ygsecret21.com

OR

YG Ladies , the girls' first international forum

http://www.ygladies.com/forums

Guest jess1tym4life

Let's hope it's true & yg keep this debut for real....yahhhhhhhhhhhhh :w00t: hmm i am still not sure about news articles ..unless it's from yg i can be sure it's true..we will see..

Guest babiiv214

OHEMGEE! thank you soo much for the news! Finally, some words from YG! I don't care if it'll be next year, now we know at least these aren't rumours no more! There is actually something to look forward to! yey!

Guest scarletred7

OMO! They'll be definitely be my next fav girl group, after wonder girls of course! CL<333 her rapping is friggin' awesome cant wait!! :D

Guest smile-jw

My goodness, I cannot wait!

This is finally something im very excited for! <3

Eh, idk about Sandara Park, but Im definatley happy for CL and Park Bom!

but I dont get when it says "AFTER SWEETY, YG Ent’s new female group will debut in February next year."

who exactly is sweety, and what do they have to do with this? o_o

but I dont get when it says "AFTER SWEETY, YG Ent’s new female group will debut in February next year."

I know a lot of people still have doubts about Sandara (I did too) but I think she'll be a great addition to the girl group cause she has the personality that will reel in LOTS of fans and she's really interactive with her fans. she's also a hardworker so I can't wait to see what she'll bring to the group. she's also an actress so she makes the group more versatile and she fulfills the HUGE age gap between CL, Minji --> Park Bom

yeah I'm curious about sweety too. I had a feeling they might have been referring to SWI.T

AND THERE MIGHT BE A 5TH MEMBER.

DANG THIS ARTICLE HAS A LOT OF NEW INFO O.O

maybe they'll make sandara the rapper coz she knows english..lol.. ^_^

LOL that's really hard to imagine xD can sandy even rap? x)

Park Bom and CL knows english too. not sure about minji. but i'm sure park bom isn't gonna be a rapper cause she knows english. it's already been said she'll be main vocal ^^

Guest 177z_Aym

actually they are called Swi.t. YG's former 3 girl group but broke up due to some personal or family problem [i think >.<] can't wait for the girl group & eh idk about SP as well but i support my YG Princesses^^ CL, PB and Minji <333 can't wait

Guest xtrammieex

finallly some news! i thought they were supposed to debut this summer but then nothin happened..they still dont have a name right?

Guest norman2006

the news above/article needs to be translated more accurately. so that no one gets pissed off at yg later on if things change.

it only says that cl, park bom and min ji are for sure. it says that its LIKELY that sandra will be included in the group. (not certain) and it does say that yg's not sure whether it will be a 4-member or 5-member group. (does yg have other female trainees???)

also, yg says that this new group will be diff. from other female groups. they'll be a "charisma and tough" female group. so i dont think we should be expecting and cuteness.

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1

Archived