Yg Produces Girl Big Bang

Guest icecube.

Guest icecube.

updated 10/15/08. - Closed Upon Topic Starter's Request

Picture2.png

Coming Soon . Februaryof 2009

UPDATED 10/15/08

We’ll meet female Big Bang next year February

YG Entertainment is preparing to reveal their new female group next February.

It was announced on 14th October, “After Swi.t, YG Ent’s new female group will debut in February next year.”

The group will consist of the company’s Park Bom, CL, Gong Min Ji and Sandra Park. The group was hailed as the ‘female Big Bang’ by fans after news about the group was announced earlier.

Yang Hyun Seok also said, “The final decision is that they will debut next February after sorting out the various preparations for their debut. This new female group will consist of at least 4 member, if not 5, though we have not come to a final decision on that yet. But we are confident that they will be a strong group which will display a different type of charisma for fans.”

cr:sookyeong@kbites

Members - the ages are just estimates or should be a close estimate.

PARK BOM. (25)

bom01rg0.jpg

credits to daum

GONG MIN JI. (15)

N/A.

CL. (19)

N/A

SANDRA PARK. (24)

N/A

Yang Hyun Suk finally spoke of his hidden girl group and the issues behind it with the members who are part of the girl Big Bang.

Yahng Hyun Suk replied in the interview with Money Today Star News that "YG's new girl group's debut album will be produced by Big Bang's G-Dragon."

Yang Hyun Suk said that this day, "YG's new girl group will be made up of the well known Park Bom and Kong Ok Jin's granddaugther Gong Min Ji, the one who's already popular amongst the teens, CL, will be tied together and 3 of them will debut."

To it, "YG's new girl group will be different from the basic girl groups out there and people just have to imagine it as the girl big bang."

Yang CEO said "We don't have a name for this girl group yet but if they debut I'm sure that they'll make a big hit."

credits to daum , Ariel (translating) TAKE WITH PROPER CREDITS

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest canityo

Whoa! Really? Another girl group to anticipate for huh?

They are debuting around Wonder Girls' comeback. I bid them goodluck. :lol:

Interesting members. Gong Min Ji looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally young. XD

Guest smile-jw

Whoa. I could just tell this group will be pretty amazing. Park Bom has an awesome voice, CL is like THE best rapper, and Gong Minji can dance like heck.

Although I'm just pretty sad because I thought they would debut alone. ): I guess its better as a group, since it would have a better chance for sucess.

Ah, well, I cant wait!

Guest hyuksu

So wait, is it JUST the three of them or are there going to be other members? 3 members isn't enough..

I can't wait, they're definitely going to be the female version of Big Bang. :)

I hope YG promotes them like crazy. We all know they don't have such luck with their female artists.

Guest EUNSHIHAE

female version of Big Bang? this is awesome.

Park Bom is a talented singer and

CL is an AWESOME rapper.

the other girl, havent heard of it before, but

i'll be keeping an eye out for this group.

Guest l0vel0vek0rean

WOW hahah never knew about it~

hope they'll do good~

but, i mean, they will be different because they might be more hip-hop~

but Girl Big Bang? kind of hard to imagine~i mean, BB=5 members

this one has 3.....

Whoaaaaaaa Gong Min Ji looks like a youngin'

This trio of girls will remind me of Swi.T that YG produced back in the 90s, but too bad they disband after releasing one album. But I wish these girls the best of luck, and I hope they do well, too.

Guest 177z_Aym

hmmm i kinda like this ..since YG never had any girl group ever since Swi.t ..anticipating how well they;ll do ^__^

Guest renjitehsmex

Man! DARN i thought Park Bom was gonna debut as a solo singer!!

i dig Park Bom and CL.

But Gong Min Ji ? >.<

Guest Ida

I find them to be really complete...thus far...

Gong MinJi - dance

CL - rap

Park Bom - vocal

I can't wait!~~~ I am a personal fan of all the mentioned above, so double yay for me!

-ida

Guest tammywammy

No~ i really want park bom to go solo. idk it will be awkward because park bom is already in her 20s while the rest of the girls are in their teen age !

i, too, was hoping that park bom and CL would go solo...or even debut together as a duet.

hmmm i guess i'll have to wait til july to find out.

BUT Jiyong is in charge of producing their album? excellent. i can't wait to hear it.

i'm sure that poor boy is busy busy busy.

EDIT: i agree that YG should bring back the older artists ::cough1TYMcough:: it's about darn time.

marketing them as the girl big bang could bring on huge expectations. especially, if gong minji is just known for her dancing....hmm.

but about her and Jiyong being close in that oppa-dongseng relationship...i think it's cute. especially, since he's the youngest so he has others to care for.

Guest saltnpepper

wah i'm looking forward to this!

yaay park bom is finally debuting!! but like others said, i kind of want her to debut solo.

i think she didn't debut earlier because she didn't show much expression on her face when she sings.

never heard of gong min ji before..are those pics up to date? she looks really young.

wouldn't there be a huge age range in the group?

edit: checked here http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97557

park bom is 10 years older than gong minji -.-

isn't CL around 17?

Guest JANG.

i'm a huge YG fan and all...but i'm not too crazy about this idea.

the group itself seems awkward because of the big age gap between them; they would have been better solo.

i can understand grouping gong min ji and CL together because they're close in age, but...park bom?

i can't picture her being in a "girl big bang" kind of group.

eh, i was never crazy about all of YG's trainees anyway.

i don't think he should have emphasized "girl big bang" that much;

it seems like he's not giving that group much options or room to actually develop,

and using big bang as way to get people's attention, rather than allowing the group to become popular themselves.

honestly, i think YG shouldn't have made a new group.

instead he should bring back the veterans (1tym please),

and the other artists who just disappeared, like MGD.

hopefully, he'll actually do good promotions for this girl group, unlike in the past,

and their music style will be original. i'll have to wait to find that out.

the upside of this article is definitely the fact that GD's gonna be creating the album.

if you're super excited about this, don't let me rain on your parade.

i'm not bashing; i just don't like the idea.

-- edit: i don't see how people are so in awe of CL's rapping, when she's only been heard once.

it was like 10 seconds long, how can anyone say she's amazing?

Guest kaelum

woah, a girl bang...

i can't wait to see them,

i'm looking forward seeing park bom but i think she's better off solo,

and jiyong's producing their album

i guess we'll have to wait and see

Archived