[movie 2000] Il Mare 시월애 (時越愛)

soymilk

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dreams_fulfilled

I just finished watching this, and I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE it! Although the storyline was a bit slow, I really really liked it. The cinematography was amazing too =D

This is definitely going to be one of my favourite movies.

Guest K-popMiko

Dang, I thought this movie was Windstruck =\

Anyways, I want to watch it before watching The Lake House (I think that's the American remake's title for it). Seems like a good movie.

Guest P.Bradbury

I loved this movie when I saw it a long time ago. Always remembered the house and the ocean and the long wooden walkway.

I love Lee Jung Jae. Wonderful actor.

Saw Keanu Reeves and Sandra at the opening on TV. I was rather bewildered with what she said about this movie..

Quote roughly here..''This is not like an American type movie. After all EUROPEAN MOVIES ARE DIFFERENT AND THIS EUROPEANSTYLE FILM IS UNUSUAL...''

Doesn't Miss Bullock even know that this is a very exceptional example of a Korean Movie. An Asian production?????

I hope the writers and director were a little more knowledgeable.

Peggy

wow, that's some pathetic ignorance on the part of Sandra Bullock! Too bad, now everyone who saw that interview will think it's a European-style film (whatever that's supposed to mean! It doesn't seem European to me at ALL!)

Guest sonickim

i so want to rewatch this movie...

it's definetely one great k movie..i was stunned when i first saw it..

it was like..umm..thats how it goes?? WOW.. got to have rewatch it and must get a copy ...

wonderin :rolleyes::wacko::huh: ..was it really the same with LakeHouse?? did anyone saw and had a comparison already!! cuz, i haven't found time to watch and figure out myself yet!!

IL MARE was the first few movies that i watched 3 years ago. If my memory is right its the second movie that ive watched after sassy girl when my craziness with korean soaps and movies back then.

when i first saw the trailer of lake house, i was like "IL MARE?" And i patiently wait the June 15 opening to saw the difference. I cant remember exactly how the movie IL MARE goes but im pretty sure i know the story very well. In the beginning of the movie, when the names of actor, actress, director was shown, the phrase "based on IL MARE..." caught my attention. I was telling my friends, Ive told you I was right, its based on that korean movie.

I was a bit shocked with the ending of the movie as im expecting the same ending with IL MARE. I would say i love IL MARE more (well the fact that KEANU REEVES is damn looking man that's why thats the part that i like LAKE HOUSE more). I dont know what's wrong with LAKEHOUSE, maybe the soundtrack. Cant hear of any songs that really caught my attention. Cinematography and soundtract for me are better in IL MARE. And maybe nothing really compares the original. I didnt cry at all in Lakehouse likewise i remember my tears are endlessly flowing in IL MARE.

:)

Dang, I thought this movie was Windstruck =\

Anyways, I want to watch it before watching The Lake House (I think that's the American remake's title for it). Seems like a good movie.

yup! but did they give credits to Il Mare? Because i dont really think they did :unsure: but the whole plot and story is basically the same thing...

yup! but did they give credits to Il Mare? Because i dont really think they did :unsure: but the whole plot and story is basically the same thing...

yeah, they did. ive watched it the other day. and even the one magazine (PEOPLE) that im reading the other day that have the write up for lake house. its said there based on IL MARE, a korean film.

Guest shooting_starz

can i dl this from clubbox anywhere??? :sweatingbullets::unsure::unsure::unsure: !!!!!!!!!!

i saw the american so call version and i would LOVE to watch the orignal version!!!!!! please pleawe please!?!

I've seen both "Il Mare" and "The Lakehouse". "Il Mare" was definitely a lot better. "Il Mare" was done much more artistically and you can totally sympathize with the characters just from their expressions alone. There were parts in "The Lakehouse" that I really liked and I thought Keanu and Sandra did a good job in making the viewers believe that they were falling in love despite being 2 years apart. But the movie still lacked what "Il Mare" had. Maybe the american version added to much stuff which tended to lose focus on the two characters.

But I did like the homage "The Lakehouse" did to "Il Mare" in the opening credits as well as naming the restaurant Alex & Kate (Keanu & Sandra) agreed to meet at - "Il Mare".

Guest dailygirl

IL MARE is one of the best classics!!...the lake house was good...but still love the original version...

yeah, they did. ive watched it the other day. and even the one magazine (PEOPLE) that im reading the other day that have the write up for lake house. its said there based on IL MARE, a korean film.

oh^_^ thanks for answering my question. oh! thats good! :D i really want to see the american version now...

Guest POHLLEEN

i never watched this, but i DID watch lakehouse.

ehh. it was okay. confusing, but i know that it's supposed to be like that. and i didn't like the american version 'cause sandra bullock & keanu reeves are hecka old. it was weird.

i'll watch this one soon.

i know the original will DEFINITELY be better than the american version.

:]]]

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Just got home after watching "Lake House"...

"Il Mare" is much better...

I would have been lost while watching the "Lake House", if I hadn't watched the original, "Il Mare" aka "Sewulae (시월애)" first...

As much as I like Sandra and Keanu, I definitely prefer "Il Mare"...

Although I have to say that the house in "Lake House" is cooler looking than the one in "Il Mare"... ^^

Guest nofear11877

same here.... i prefer IL MARE better than THE LAKEHOUSE... maybe because nothing beats the original. plus, if you have watched il mare "x" amount of times already, like me :phew: , it doesn't excite you that much cuz you know what will happen eventually. :lol: to tell you the truth i had high expectations on the lakehouse... i was rather disappointed the way it turned out. :ph34r:

Guest asian_love2788

you can watch it on youtube. yeah it's really good, i like it better than the remake of it. I don't know why but it makes me more emotional. The only reason i saw the lake house was because it was this movie & keanu. haha sexy little thing. I love the ending, good movie.

Archived