[movie 2000] Il Mare 시월애 (時越愛)

soymilk

Guest kkam jjak

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=1006051923388

^ i was looking up The Lakehouse on yahoo and came across this.

This person is asking if anyone knew who wrote the book called the Lakehouse and someone answered that the American Lakehouse is a remake of a Japanese film called "The Loveletter"

Is that true? I thought this movie was written, created, and directed by all Koreans...

Also i saw a trailer of it on the internet:

http://thelakehousemovie.warnerbros.com/

^ and somewhere in the middle of the trailer, it says that the film is based on the pulitzer prize winning author david auburn..........?... so does this mean that Il Mare was based on auburn's story?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luckyyou

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=1006051923388

^ i was looking up The Lakehouse on yahoo and came across this.

This person is asking if anyone knew who wrote the book called the Lakehouse and someone answered that the American Lakehouse is a remake of a Japanese film called "The Loveletter"

Is that true? I thought this movie was written, created, and directed by all Koreans...

^ and somewhere in the middle of the trailer, it says that the film is based on the pulitzer prize winning author david auburn..........?... so does this mean that Il Mare was based on auburn's story?

the lakehouse is a remake of il mare. i have no idea what this auburn author guy is but definitely a remake of il mare. it's been said that it is. also, i did a little mini research the japanese movie, the love letter, and it's not the same. maybe it has the same elements of love, letters, and emotions (haha) but it's not the same. it's like saying ditto & il mare are the same, i would say although both share some same elements, they don't have the same feel. il mare = korean.

plus if you haven't seen it, you can dl it at http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

loved the movie subtitles were off and with a lot of error i would of thought they would fix it for the LE... but other than that great movie :D

ilmare.jpg

Copied from the mainsite, thanks to soomp!

The San Diego Asian Film Foundation presents Il Mare

Join us for an exclusive, one-time screening of the Korean romantic drama "Il Mare," which inspired "The Lake House," a Hollywood remake starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves coming out in June.

ilMare04.jpg

Jun Ji-hyun

ilMare05.jpg

Lee Jung-jae

What:

"Il Mare"

A film by Lee Hyun-seung, starring Jun Ji-hyun ("My Sassy Girl") and Lee Jung-jae ("Typhoon", "Sandglass")

(35mm/color/English Subtitles)

When:

Thursday, May 25 at 7:30 PM

Where:

UltraStar Cinemas, Mission Valley at Hazard Center

7510 Hazard Center Drive

San Diego, CA 92108

(map)

Tickets:

General Admission: $9.50

Students/Seniors: $8

SDAFF members: $5

Become a member and start enjoying membership privileges.

More details of tickets, please refer http://soompi.com/?q=node/401

Guest pinkie pink

i just saw the trailer in theater yesterday (i watched xmen) and lakehouse is definitely il mare... i love il mare and i would watched lakehouse just to see the comparison.

Guest annababy

i didn't think this movie was all that great~

so dunno why american version was made, so many great korean movies that americans could have copied...

Guest ladyzfingers

i've watched this movie before

love this movie & the songs...

"'must say goodbye' sings by Kim Hyun Chul

enjoyed watch the mv

i think,its a good movies with a great combination LJJ & JJH

both are a great,talented and good looking star :D

for me,its a quite sad love story coz they can't meet in real

didnt know each other

here the MV of 'must say goodbye' link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ4R6Opa_aE...m%20hyun%20chul

Guest luckyyou

hello. so i watched the trailer too and i saw that whole david auburn thing so i became confused. i did a little research and the trailer is very decepting. it makes it sound like david auburn wrote the storyline and all when it's a remake. i think when people (in general) make remakes, they should always cite the original (like maybe in the beginning credits or ending credits). when i write essays or research paper, i always cite sources. it seems like they're taking credit. b/c one would assume that david auburn was the guy who wrote the story and stuff. he's just the screenplay writer. and basically the words are from the korean movie so i don't know why one would advertise the screenplay writer when he basically adapted most of his work from the original korean movie. also, i don't like the 2 playing the main role. i don't think they match the characters in il mare. whatevers.

Guest kittylovespaolo

i first saw the words "il mare" when i was reading the review <of this person using the id "il mare"> of Lovers In Paris in some site somewhere. then i saw it again when it was mentioned in a chinese movie & that's when i knew it was a korean movie. i'm a jeon ji hyun fan & i found out she starred in it so that doubled the interest.

the first time i watched it was not that good ONLY because the subs in the version i saw was horrible. i wanted to bang my head against the wall trying to understand some of the things they were saying. bbbrrr! still I LOVE THE MOVIE. then i watched it again this time with a way much better version and i'm in awe. some made a comment that it was a "snooze" but I LOVE IT. For me the whole slow, melancholic, serene feel of the movie was perfect. i love the cinematography, the music, the house, the fog, the sea, the story <very much one of a kind for an asian movie> & the two people who acted so well basically apart from each other. & yes, i had to scratch my head the first time i saw the end. but if you watch the movie really closely and pay attention to everything then it all makes sense really. i'm not good explaining it <i think someone posted an extensive explanation already. kudos to you.> but i got it. hehe.

this is my favorite jjh movie. i saw my sassy girl & windstruck before i saw this. she was great in those two movies but i really, really like her in il mare.

and for me, the american remake is a salute to the brilliant writer, director, cast & production team for making a great movie that caught the attention of american filmmakers.

thank you guys for posting the photos. i've been wanting to have them.

please tell all your friends to watch the movie ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gwylui

loved the movie subtitles were off and with a lot of error i would of thought they would fix it for the LE... but other than that great movie :D

ilmare.jpg

I thought the movie was great but u must have really love it!! lolz

Recently I saw a interview of Sandra Bullock and K. Reeves on this American entertainment show called "Extra." Their interactions are great like they've been friends for years which is probably right. They filmed "Speed" 10 years ago together and they both attended the Oscars together to promote "The Lakehouse." Just hope it's as good as "Il Mare." I mean they r only basing the movie on "Il Mare" not a remake. I heard Bullock's character is a doctor instead of a voice over. I'm not sure if there's more differences.

Guest ladyzfingers

I thought the movie was great but u must have really love it!! lolz

Recently I saw a interview of Sandra Bullock and K. Reeves on this American entertainment show called "Extra." Their interactions are great like they've been friends for years which is probably right. They filmed "Speed" 10 years ago together and they both attended the Oscars together to promote "The Lakehouse." Just hope it's as good as "Il Mare." I mean they r only basing the movie on "Il Mare" not a remake. I heard Bullock's character is a doctor instead of a voice over. I'm not sure if there's more differences.

yeah,they're so good in 'speed' before..

i'm sure 'Lake House" will be as good as IL MARE

the difference is maybe the director change a little bit in story line

and the male character in IL MARE is an engineer,Lee jung jee

i love IL MARE

i'm just curious here

where's the link of the soundtrack d/load?

i've looking for it but still cant find it

please,did anyone here know about it?

I watched this movie 3 times and I really like it. The cinematography was nice and the setting/mood of the movie was nice and calm. I was confused about the whole time gap but I slowly understood while rewatching and reading the analysis from this thread. It was amazing and touching to know how the two people can fall in love through the letters. The house by the ocean/beach was nice, and I love the long walkway to the house. :)

i'm just curious here

where's the link of the soundtrack d/load?

i've looking for it but still cant find it

please,did anyone here know about it?

shi wol ae (il mare)

2105.jpg

mms://211.176.63.195/media01/028/28829.asf

to

mms://211.176.63.195/media01/028/28857.asf

01. noo goo se yo? ee je boo tuh gin ee ya gi reul shi jak hal ten de mid uh jool soo it suh yo?

02. Must Say Good-Bye - Kim Hyun Chul

03. I'm Crying - Ji Young Sun

04. shi wol ae (Main Theme)

05. il mare eh suh eh heng oon eul gi won ha myuh

06. Il Mare

07. sul ma jung mal 97 nyun do eh suh pyun ji reul bo nae shi gun ah ni get jyo

08. 2 nyuh eh cha ee

09. mid gi him deu ne yo

10. geu ddae dok gam ee dae yoo heng ee ut guh deun yo

11. jun gam gi eh gyul ryuh it goo yo

12. woo ool hal ddaen yo ri reul ha se yo

13. Bossa Ghetti

14. woo pyun ham ee ut suh yo

15. woo pyun ham

16. se ga ji (gi chim gwa gi nan gwa sarang)

17. 2 nyuh dwi eh do eunjoo sshi gyut eh je ga uhb neun gul bo myun..

18. in yun

19. san ho sa hae byun

20. paran ja jun guh

21. sunghyun ee ga ji eun jib

22. nol ee dong san

23. gi da rim

24. Must Say Good-Bye (Love Theme)

25. nae ga bo go ship uh han saram deul eun hang sang nae ga bol soo uhb neun got se it sut seub ni da

26. I'm Crying

27. ee sarang ee dduh na ji ahn ge hae joo se yo

28. sarang ee ut da neun gul nuh moo neut ge al at seub ni da - Ji Young Sun

29. shi wol ae (Reprise)

ed2k links

ed2k://|file|[영화].시월애.].-.Il.Mare.OST.-.MP3.128K.zip|41971079|CA6721B9E24A886D56558717940D7B5B|

ed2k://|file|rebuilt.[영화].시월애.].-.Il.Mare.OST.-.MP3.128K.zip|43780913|8F2F8F9CB333A38FDF8FE9BDD073FB31|

Guest lo_xl0ucH

This is one of my favorite movies because of two things: it's unique in that its not a korean movie about a boyfriend girlfriend relationship (which is rare nowadays), and the atmosphere is great. Loved it after the first time and the ending was shocking.

Guest Truelover

Hi soompiers,

Almost everybody talking about this movies says than it's a great romantic movie. I wonder if I should buy this DVD now if you all consider it as a standart of romantic movies. I need standarts to organize my movies viewing list. Anyways, as far as now, I've never been disapointed watching a korean romantic movie, finding them really high sensibility level. Could be because I had chance in my choice or in the other hand, all theses movies are pretty good movies.

Have a nice day,

Kate

Archived