[movie 2000] Il Mare 시월애 (時越愛)

soymilk

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sonickim

i so love this movie.... Ji Hyun is a darling... so adorable and esp. love the location scene...

love the house by the shoreline.... and the sun.....set and dawn....

....the cutie dog and the ending was amazing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Katrina

I enjoyed the movie tremendously. love Ji Hyun here...she looked divinely beautiful...

yes...the movie is kinda slow, but i love slow movies like this. the story was a peculiar one for me (in a good sense) and both of LJJ and JJH played the character well. A definitely must watch movie! :wub:

Guest sweet_treats1812

i jst finished watching it...the ending left me bewildered! :blink:

i was like, "wat jst happened there? wat wat wat?"

er...anybody care to elaborate pls? the way i interpreted it, the guy got her letter, and that was him who showed up at the ending? the guy who said can u trust me? he didn't end up dead after all? :unsure: HELP!

Guest phunatik

one of the best K-MOVIES i ever watched...:) i loved the story, the actors, the cinematography was great, the locations for me were breathtaking especially "IL MARE" i loooveed the house and the dog too...:):wub:

SOME RANDOM PICS....

ilmare6dim.jpg

ilmare9.jpg

ilmare7.jpg

ilmare8.jpg

cola.jpg

Guest rockerbabe

I actually like movie... :D and the American's remaking this movie... called "The lakehouse" Starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves...

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I like this film too!

And I would like to ask do you know about participation of Chung Doo-hong in it? I know he made action there. I think it is scenes of accident. I saw a DVD with additional materials, but there is very dim stills and I do not know Korean... I believe it is he, but I am not sure :(Il%20mare.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

I just finished watching this movie and it left me speechless. It was slow paced but I really liked it. :D Cola was so cute now I really miss my dog. :( This is definitely one of my fave k-movies.. and definitely better than Sassy Girl! :P

Heard that Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves will star in the American version of Il Mare. Wonder if the pairing will work like the original! I really love the original movie... wish the ending was longer though.

Wow I think I heard this from my friend too.

I actually like movie... :D and the American's remaking this movie... called "The lakehouse" Starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves...

:D

Do you know when its release is or something? I checked out google and found out some pictures and info on the US version.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/i/il-mare.shtml = click to see pictures. :wub: Oh my Keanu Reeves is like one of my favorite actors! This movie reminds me of Sweet November coz he's in it too. :D

The Lakehouse

Film: 13 July 2006

DVD and VHS rental: Undated 2007

DVD and VHS retail: Undated 2007

Wow so excited! :D

question....does anyone have a link of this movie??

I downloaded mine from http://clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy under Timmy's Favorite Korean movies. :)

ive been wanting to watch this for 4 or 4 years!!! i saw like a dvd of it at this accessory store and i wanted to watch it btu the video stores didnt have it. if n e one has it on clubbox please let me noe!!!

Guest kellee

I love this movie too! One of my fave K-Movies!

I really liked the story, cinematography, the actors & the ending!

and lastly..... I love COLA! :D

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

ive been wanting to watch this for 4 or 4 years!!! i saw like a dvd of it at this accessory store and i wanted to watch it btu the video stores didnt have it. if n e one has it on clubbox please let me noe!!!

I downloaded mine from http://clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy under Timmy's Favorite Korean movies. :D

i was wondering where this thread for this is! i totally loved this movie. storyline was beautifully structured. not too long, not too short. somehow it reminds me of The Classic, but they're not similar lah. love the scenery as well! its the kind of house everyone would wanna stay in! so beautiful. ahh.. one of my favourites :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest curiousplay

My interpretation of the ending:

The scene we saw where the main guy character died was the past as known to jeon ji hyun. But because she wrote the letter telling him not to go and stop her boyfriend, the past has been changed. He did saw that letter. That's what he was holding at the end when he went to meet her again. And that girl moving out of the house, she was the one whom he met at the subway, who doesnt know anything about the exchange of letters between him and jeon ji hyun of 2000.

My friend asked me, if that was the case, why does he have to meet her only after she's going to move out of il mare? I think it was because that was when the boyfriend left and she's beginning to let her love for him "go". I hope that helps :)

Sorry for the lack of character names. I watched this sometime ago and cannot recall their names anymore.

Overall, a really great movie.

Guest curiousplay

why is it called il mare?? cuz if you translate the korean title it basically says "in october"....

it's italian meaning the sea :)

Archived