[ Movie 2011 ] Sector 7 (7광구)

Guest ganaax

Guest ganaax

Mystical Viral Monster: Ha Ji Won, Ahn Sung Ki, Oh Ji Ho 13050741562011051109360.jpg

Sector 7,
7광구, Chil Kwan gu

* Director : Kim Ji-Hun
* Writer : Yun Je-Gyun
* Producer : Yun Je-Gyun
* Cinematographer :
* Release date in South Korea : 2011/08/04
* Runtime : 112m
* Genre : Si-Fi,Horror,Action,Thriller
* Production Company :" JK Film
* Language: Korean

Cast  :
- Ha Ji Won as
Cha Hae Joon
- Ahn Sung Kee as
Ahn Jeong-man (The oil rig’s captain)
- Oh Ji Ho as
Kim Dong-Soo (Ha Ji-won’s boyfriend)
- Park Cheol-Min as 
Do Sang Gu
- Song Sae-Byeok as
Ko Jong Yoon (A welder)
- Cha Ye-Ryeon  as
Hyun Jung(Rig genetic researcher)
- Lee Han-Wi as Moon Hyung
- Park Jeong-hak as Hwang In Hyuk
- Min Seok
as
ngqd5k.jpg
2n244i.jpg
ixfo5k.jpg

Storyline :

1985. In “Sector 7,” an underwater oil field located south of Jeju Island, Hae-jun’s father goes missing in an unfortunate accident on the job. Twenty-five years pass and Hae-jun is now working as a marine equipment manager on an old oil prospecting ship called Eclipse. Also on board are Hae-jun’s boyfriend and marine biologist Dong-su, fun-loving Sang-gu and a clueless new recruit, Hyeon-wu.

Joining the crew later is Jeong-man, a former colleague of Hae-jun’s father, assigned to Eclipse as captain. Though his job is to oversee the withdrawal of the ship, he suggests conducting some drilling one last time. After 3 weeks of preparation, Hae-jun takes Hyun-wu underwater, but the new recruit sinks to the bottom of the sea when the equipment fails. Evidence suggests that it was not an accident and points at one of the crew as a saboteur. Shortly crew members begin to turn up dead, one by one, their bodies viciously mutilated. To make matters worse, the ship is isolated in a typhoon.

What the few survivors soon discover is a transparent underwater creature that they encountered once before. The viral monster infiltrated the ship through the drilling pipe and has been feeding on the crew to survive. Hae-jun and her colleagues’ frantic fight for their lives begins.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ganaax

Reserved for press conference pics

Sector 7 Official Site

http://cafe.naver.com/2011sector7

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Character Profiles (with my basic translations xP)

sector72011.jpg

Cha HaeJoon (Ha JiWon)

Duty: Underwater repair manager

Personality: An adventurer. She's easy going and strong. She's the most attached to Sector 7 and often quarrels with the indecisive headquarters.

sector72011.jpg

Kim DongSu (Oh JiHo)

Duty: Profiler

Personality: He's sly but has a pure heart. He thinks he's in a relationship with HaeJoon, but everyone around him sees it is a one-sided love.

02sector72011.jpg

Ahn JungMan

Duty: Captain

Personality: Because of his charismatic leadership, everyone trusts each other. He cares for HaeJoon, a veteran who knows Sector 7 like the back of her hand,  more than others because he is her father's friend.

source: Sector 7 official site

Guest Morty

This is actually the second movie produced by Doosabu Pictures and co-produced by US-based Polygon Entertainment. The first one is the disaster movie Haeundae and I'm a little surprised that Ha Ji Won is also going to star in this movie (Seven Remedies). Hopefully we can get more infos about the two films later.

For those who are interested, there is already a thread for Haeundae here on Soompi. It will be thrilling to see which studio will supervise the visual effects and what the budget is... I guess the monster will be totally CG. Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) is going to supervise the VFX on Haeundae.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ganaax

old news...

Oh Ji-ho cast as Ha Ji-won’s boyfriend

ohjiho_46.jpg

Chuno‘s Oh Ji-ho has been selected as Ha Ji-won‘s co-star in the upcoming 3D sci-fi action flick Sector 7.

The story takes place out in the open sea on a large oil prospecting ship, where the characters encounter a monster in the sea. When it attacks, a battle for survival ensues, led by Ha Ji-won, who shows off high-energy action skills as she fights it. Oh Ji-ho plays her boyfriend, an engineer on the oil rig who gets caught up in a conspiracy. Also, SPOILER! In fact, such a huge spoiler that I don’t know why they included it in the press release, since it gives away a big part of his casting: His character dies. Maybe it happens early on and isn’t such a big deal? [/END SPOILER]

The large-scale project comes with a 10 billion won production budget and high expectations; it is produced by Haeundae‘s Yoon Je-kyun and directed by Kim Ji-hoon of May 18. Also starring are film veteran Ahn Sung-ki (Fair Love) and comic actor Park Chul-min (Return of Iljimae, Partner), both of whom also worked with director Kim in May 18.

Sector 7 will begin filming in mid-June.

Via OSEN

Sector 7 beefs up its cast

ha_ask1.jpg

Ahn Sung-ki, Ha Ji-won

Ha Ji-won‘s blockbuster 3D action movie Sector 7 has packed its cast with more name stars just as it readies to begin shooting this week. Produced by the man behind last year’s disaster movie Haeundae and directed by the man behind May 18, the project has already got a high profile and a budget to match. The addition of more stars to its cast ought to build up more buzz for the The-Host-in-the-open-seas action flick.

The monster movie takes place out on an oil prospecting ship at sea, and it was announced two weeks ago that Oh Ji-ho (Chuno) would be joining the production as Ha’s engineer boyfriend. One of Korea’s most respected veteran actors, Ahn Sung-ki (May 18), plays the ship’s veteran captain.

sector1a.jpgchayeryun_35.jpgsongsaebyuk_6.jpg

Park Chul-min, Lee Han-wi, Cha Ye-ryun, Song Sae-byuk

Joining him are two actors well-known for their comic chops, Park Chul-min (Return of Iljimae‘s Wang Hweng-bo, the nervous trumpeter in Beethoven Virus) and Lee Han-wi (Chuno‘s police officer, also of Good Morning President). The former is in charge of the oil drilling equipment, while the latter plays the ship’s medical professional.

Rounding out the cast are Song Sae-byuk (Bang Ja Chronicle), who plays a welder, and oceanographer Cha Ye-ryun (Invincible Lee Pyeong-gang, A Star’s Lover).

After two years of pre-production, Sector 7 begins shooting on June 16 and is aiming for a Summer 2011 release.

Via Kuki News

Min Suk joins Sector 7

MinSuk1.jpg

Actor Min Suk, star of MBC DramaNet’s Chosun Police 3, has been cast in Ha Ji-won‘s new 3-D blockbuster film Sector 7, due out next summer.

The mega-budget sci-fi/action/horror film is set on an oil rig out at sea, and Min Suk will join the cast as the rookie underwater equipment manager. It stars Ha Ji-won as the kick-richard simmons heroine, Ahn Sung-ki as the ship’s captain, and Oh Ji-ho as the engineer and Ha’s boyfriend.

The film began principal photography in June, and has long been in pre-production, working on creatures, CG, and 3-D effects. It looks like it’ll be a big spectacle from the producer of Haeundae and the director of May 18. I wouldn’t expect any less; Summer 2011 can’t come fast enough for those of us who haven’t seen a great sci-fi flick in ages.

With both projects in the works simultaneously, Min Suk will have to pull double duty, but what’s a little overtime for an up-and-comer?

Via Osen

Guest ganaax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyvSdoe5Y3s

Q: What’s 7 Sector movie about?

A: Story of a group of people on an oil rig fighting some sort of incredibly sinister monstrosity.

Q: Many people are so interested in 7 Sector because this movie title was on the script for Ha Ji Won’s role in the Secret Garden drama. What do you think about that?

A: When I was watching the last episode of Secret Garden, I was so surprised too.

I didn’t know that Secret Garden’s writer wrote this movie title on the script. Some people asked me if I did ask for it on purpose, but I didn’t.

I think that that is a gift for Ha Ji Won from SG writer because she was a main character.

Q: Who else will be on the movie?

A: Ahn Seong-gi, Oh Ji-ho, Lee Han-wi, Lee han-wi. Park Cheol-min, Song Sae-Byeok

Q: It is usually used chroma key filming technique for CG (Comuter Graphic) movie. Can you tell us more about filming techniques for 7 sector?

A: This technique is similar to Avatar movie. As you may know, the background of movie is all made by CG and actors/actress are acting in front of green background in the studio. In this case of this scene (Ha Ji Won riding motorcycle), she is riding motorcycle on the oil rig.

Q: We know the Ha Ji Won has worked on your movies several times with you like Haewoondae,etc. Can you tell us what Ha Ji Won’s charm is?

I told this on many interviews. The reason that Ha Ji Won has worked together for a long time is only one reason, humanity.

After the Romantic Assassin movie wasn’t hit, I decided to make ‘Miracle on the 1st steet’ after 3 years. But it was very hard to cast the main actress because the role was required the certain level of boxing skills like Hillary Swank in ‘Million Dollar Baby’. All actresses refused the role when I tried to cast. I talked to Ha Ji Won about the hardship regarding the casting and she told, “I would do it for the movie”.

[Actually Hi Ji Won almost broke her nose and was faint after she got big punch while filming.]

Q: Ha Ji Won played many roles that physically required action scenes?

I think it’s because Ha Ji Won is the most passionate actress in Korea

http://z6.invisionfr...sh/ar/t1012.htm

http://www.hancinema...ie_Sector_7.php

http://www.dramabean...wons-boyfriend/

The story takes place out in the open sea on a large oil prospecting ship, where the characters encounter a monster in the sea. When it attacks, a battle for survival ensues, led by Ha Ji-won, who shows off high-energy action skills as she fights it. Oh Ji-ho plays her boyfriend, an engineer on the oil rig who gets caught up in a conspiracy. Also, SPOILER! In fact, such a huge spoiler that I don’t know why they included it in the press release, since it gives away a big part of his casting: His character dies. Maybe it happens early on and isn’t such a big deal? [/END SPOILER]

Korean science fiction film "Sector 7" was pre-sold to four countries at the film market in Los Angeles at the American Film Market last month.

According to a press release from the film's production company JK Film on Monday, France's TF1, Thailand's M Pictures and Singapore and Malaysia's Scorpio East bought the distribution rights for the movie after seeing the teaser concept and computer-generated sketches revealed at the film market.

"Sector 7", produced by Yoon Je-kyoon and helmed by director Kim Ji-hoon, is about the fight against a monster on an oil prospecting ship.

The movie will be produced in 3D format and star Korean actors Ha Ji-won, Ahn Seong-gi and Oh Ji-ho.

"Sector 7" will open in local theaters during the summer of 2011.

photo149138.jpg

20r6vr5.jpg

wt7fpj.jpg

pic3.jpg

pics.jpg

OH_ji-ho-830x1024.jpg

HA_ji-won-782x1024.jpg

AHN_sung-ki-861x1024-252x300.jpg

Guest ganaax

November 19, 2010

Korean 3D Creature Film "Sector 7" is Ready to Run Amok Next Summer

sector7_concept.JPG

Slowly  but sure, the Korean 3D creature film, which began production on June  16 and wrapped on last September 29, "Sector 7" (7광구, Je chil gwanggu)  is now in the post-production stage and sees a patent release date in  Korea next summer. One of the first domestic 3D films announced by a  major production company and features a list of prominent cast and crew  members, the film is produced by Youn Je-kyun, who's now considered a  major player in the industry since his Tsunami disaster film "Haeundae"  (released internationally as "Tidal Wave") attracted more than 11  million moviegoers during its domestic theatrical run, making it the  number one film in Korea for 2009 and the fourth highest earner on the  country’s all-time box office chart. Originally attached to direct  "Sector 7", but scheduling conflicts forced him to hand the job over to  director Kim Ji-hoon, who's also a well-known filmmaker for his 2007  film "May 18" (Hwaryeohan hyuga), a blockbuster historical drama about the 1980 Gwangju pro-democracy movement.

Above  is the first promotional art released for the film, courtesy of CJ  Entertainment, about a group of workers on an oil prospecting platform  (called the ‘Eclipse’) being terrorized by a hostile undersea creature. South Korean actress Ha Ji-won, who starred in Youn’s "Haeundae"  and one of Korean most acclaimed horror films "Phone", again plays the  protagonist in this film as Cha Hae-joon, equipment manager of the  Eclipse. She is joined by veterans Ahn Seong-gi (Musa, Silmido, The Divine Weapon)  as the oil rig’s captain, Lee Han-wee (200 Pounds Beauty, Hanbando),  Park Cheol-min (May 18, Blood Rain) and young stars like "My Wife is a  Gangster 3′s Oh Ji-ho (playing engineer Kim Dong-soo), Song Sae-byeok (Mother)  and Cha Ye-ryeon (Doremifasolasido). Producer Youn said that "Sector 7"  will be a Korean equivalent of the "Alien" films. The 3D visuals will  mainly be realized by converting the footage in post-production, but a  considerable amount of material will also be shot in 3D.

http://starsinkerala...ector-7-is.html    

Guest ganaax

as far as i know  

Youn Je-kyun and Ha Ji Won teamed up in Sex is Zero,Miracle on 1st Street and Haeundae....

Sex is Zero -  in 2002 it become the 2th highest earner on the  country’s all-time box office chart.

Miracle on 1st Street - number one film in first half of 2007

Haeundae - the fourth highest earner on the  country’s all-time box office chart.

Ahn Sung Ki and Ha Ji Won teamed up in Truth Game and Duelist

Truth Game - Ha Ji-Won's debut movie and she won her first Daejong award

Duelist -   from this movie Ha Ji Won gained nickname Pearl Of Asia (my all time fav movie)

http://www.hancinema...-asia-5553.html

형사 trailer

Duelist (trailer)

Guest ganaax

@sintame....actually i didn't start this thread(this thread was started in 2007 )

it seems mod deleted real OP and every post in this thread except this post

This is actually the second movie produced by Doosabu Pictures and co-produced by US-based Polygon Entertainment. The first one is the disaster movie Haeundae and I'm a little surprised that Ha Ji Won is also going to star in this movie (Seven Remedies). Hopefully we can get more infos about the two films later.

For those who are interested, there is already a thread for Haeundae here on Soompi. It will be thrilling to see which studio will supervise the visual effects and what the budget is... I guess the monster will be totally CG. Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) is going to supervise the VFX on Haeundae.

Guest ganaax

Ha Ji Won's next kick-richard simmons role

[ACTOR NEWS] Ha Ji Won, next movie project ‘Hi Anna’

Posted by alou ⋅ March 27, 2011

It is announced that Ha Ji Won will participate a movie by director Jang Cheol Soo, ‘Hi Anna’ after ‘Korea’ on 25th of March. The details of when to start filming is to be determined, after the completion of ‘Korea’.

Director Jang Cheol Soo is most famous for his movie ‘Bedevilled’, a well acclaimed movie from 2010. Though it is only the first movie Jang has directed, ‘Bedevilled’ has won various awards in many movie events, such as Best of Bucheon, Best new director, Best actress and the list just goes on and on.

This team is sure something to look out for, a talented best new director Jang Cheol Soo, with talented and the most versatile actress, Ha Ji Won.

In ‘Hi Anna’, Ha Ji Won will play a warrior who fights in a city alone. The producer /director Yoon Jae-kyun who has worked with Ha Ji Won many times, claims Ha Ji Won will be like Angelina Jolie of Korea in this movie.

News source

http://thedramascene...roject-hi-anna/

Yoon probably mean that Ha Ji Won's role will be like/similar to Lara croft from Tomb Raider

Guest ganaax

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/f/2011-04-25/11273291300.shtml

I hope someone will translate it into English

Archived