[ Movie 2011 ] Sector 7 (7광구)

Guest ganaax

Guest f927

Video, credit as labeled

Sector 7 Behind The Scenes

Video credit Showbizicon@YT

하지원 7광구 쇼케이스 Ha Jiwon sector 7 showcase (응원봉 보고 놀라는 장면)

sector7showcase.jpg

credit Broadcast News

Korea's CJ Entertainment to Release Sector 7 in IMAX® 3D

JULY 07, 2011 --

SEOUL, Korea, July 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) (TSX:IMX), and CJ Entertainment, a leading Korean film production and distribution company, today announced that the highly anticipated underwater action thriller, Sector 7, will be digitally re-mastered into the IMAX 3D format and released to IMAX® theatres in Korea day-and-date on Aug. 4. Director Kim Ji-Hun's adventure tale features an all-star cast that includes Ha Ji-Won, Ahn Sung-Kee, Oh Ji-Ho, Lee Han-Wi, Cha Ye-Ryeon, Park Cheol-Min, Song Sae-Byeok, Park Jung-Hak.

Sector 7 will be the first Korean language film to be released in the IMAX format. IMAX currently has 10 theatres in operation playing DMR content in Korea, with additional new theatres scheduled to open in the future, making it the Company's fifth-largest market globally and one of its fastest-growing. Some of these theatres are among IMAX's highest-grossing in the world. Local language films account for approximately 50 percent of all cinematic content shown in Korea.

"Audiences in Korea embrace the IMAX brand and presenting Sector 7 in IMAX 3D will offer our patrons the full impact and intensity of the film," said Katharine Kim, CEO of CJ Entertainment. "IMAX theatres in Korea have been very successful, and presenting our local films into the IMAX format will help us build on this momentum and give audiences what they crave."

"IMAX is a global brand and the success of other local-language titles – including the Chinese blockbuster Aftershock – has shown that the demand from fans around the world for the IMAX Experience is growing," said Greg Foster, IMAX Chairman and President of Filmed Entertainment. "CJ CGV has long been a supportive partner of IMAX and by presenting Sector 7 in IMAX 3D, we are able to bring this highly-anticipated action tent-pole film to fans in Korea and offer them our fully immersive presentation."

Sector 7 will launch Aug. 4 in the following IMAX theatres in Korea:

CGV Daegu

CGV Gwang-ju

CGV Ilsan

CGV Incheon

CGV Seomyun

CGV Sangam

CGV Wangsipni

CGV Yongsan

CGV Suwon

CGV Taejon

About Sector 7

In Sector 7, an underwater oil field located south of Jeju Island, Hae-jun is working as a marine equipment manager on an oil prospecting ship called Eclipse. Joining the crew is Jeong-man, a former colleague of Hae-jun's father, assigned to Eclipse as captain. Though his job is to oversee the withdrawal of the ship, he suggests conducting some drilling one last time.

After 3 weeks of preparation, Hae-jun takes new recruit underwater, but he sinks to the bottom of the sea when his equipment fails. Shortly after, crew members begin to turn up, one by one, dead,. What the few survivors soon discover is a transparent underwater creature they encountered once before. The viral monster infiltrated the ship through the drilling pipe and has been feeding on the crew to survive. For Hae-jun and his colleagues, a fight for their lives begins.

About CJ Entertainment

CJ Entertainment is Korea's leading entertainment company, with a business that encompasses film production, investment, distribution and exhibition. CJ Entertainment's business lines are extensive, operating in a broad spectrum of entertainment fields.

Through its array of films, network of premier multiplex cinemas, wide selection of video and DVD titles, the company is providing an outstanding entertainment experience to all customers, realizing its vision of becoming a truly comprehensive world-class entertainment group.

About CJ CGV

CJ CGV has been the largest multiplex theater chain since opening Korea's first multiplex cinema in 1998. CJ CGV was established through a joint venture between CJ Entertainment, Hong Kong's Golden Harvest and Australia's Village Roadshow, which later was transferred as a joint venture between CJ Entertainment and Asia Cinema Holdings before going public in December 2004. CJ CGV has recently acquired Korea's fourth largest multiplex theater chain, Primus Cinema, to solidify its presence as the leading exhibitor. CJ CGV's vast theatre chain consists of a total of 480 screens at 63 sites across the nation, with CJ CGV operating 278 screens at 36 sites under the CGV brand and Primus Cinema operating 202 screens at 27 sites under Primus brand.

credit The Korea Times

3D Film Out To Compete With Hollywood

07-07-2011 17:13

By Lee Hyo-won

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

Makers of the 3D action film “Sector 7,” of which distribution rights have already been sold to 46 countries, call it a ruthless venture that is out to compete with Hollywood.

“It’s not about trying to catch up with post-‘Avatar’ Hollywood but trying to compete with it, and someone has to keep on trying,” director Kim Ji-hoon, who has helmed action-packed works such as “May 18,” told the press in Seoul, Thursday.

“Before I’ve always been concerned about the integrity of a movie but here I focused more on the value of a film ... I wanted to make a movie that I wanted to watch as a member of the audience.”

The much anticipated summer blockbuster, slated for release next month, is the first homegrown project to open in IMAX theaters. “Sector 7” is considered the country’s first in the medium, even though it was preceded by the forgettable erotic drama “Natalie” and Shin Terra’s polished “11 a.m.,” which, though having won awards overseas, is a short film and thus unavailable outside the festival circuit.

“It was a reckless endeavor to say the least,” said VFX supervisor Jang Seong-ho, head of the Seoul-based MoFac Studio.

“‘Avatar’ totally went extreme; it realized something that should have come out 10 to 20 years later. But of course James Cameron is a genius and has massive resources. I’m not a genius, but I have tried a lot of unprecedented things in my 18-year career for this film.”

Though Korea has seen underwater monsters like the one in Bong Joon-ho’s “The Host,” Ha designed a creature that transforms throughout the film. “I went asking for trouble, but I really wanted to do something different.”

The story is about the crew of an isolated oil rig off the southern coast of Jeju Island that, while trying to drill for oil, procures something much more unlikely — a sea monster. With communications cut off from the mainland, the team must fight to survive.

Producer Yoon Je-kyun said he planned the film to be in 3D since the beginning, even though the audience size for 3D movies is actually decreasing.

“It’s important to ask whether 3D is the dominant trend or a fleeting fad. But I think it’s neither; there is a genre that is befitting for 3D, that utilizes the medium in an efficient and effective way,” said Yoon, who directed the 2010 smash hit “Haeundae.”

“I consider ‘Sector 7’ a ‘realization movie,’ meaning that it invites the audience into the limited space of an oil rig, allowing viewers to feel things firsthand.”

The film was not shot with a camera rig (a device that holds together two cameras that capture the subject from two different angles or stereoscopic vision), but instead achieved stereoscopic visual effects through CG and converting it from 2D to 3D. Actors shot most of the scenes in front of a green screen while 1,748 scenes out of 1,802 were rendered in CG.

“Some people called ‘Sector 7’ a ‘fake 3D’ movie since it wasn’t shot with a camera rig. But since a CG monster stars in about 70 percent of the film it wasn’t necessary to use the rig,” said Ha.

For the actors, it was challenging to fight with an imaginary creature.

“When the director would say, ‘look here,’ the actors would all look in different directions. There was also a scene where an elevator crashed, and we would react differently. But over time the cast members were able to develop teamwork like no other, acting with one heart and mind,” said Ahn Sung-ki.

But the makers say that some of the most impressive scenes in the film were achieved by the talented cast. In particular, actress Ha Ji-won, who plays tough heroine Hae-ju, pulled off most of the stunts herself, from wire action sequences to speedy runs on a motorcycle.

“We wouldn’t have been able to make the movie without Ha Ji-won,” said the director, after the actress began tearing up.

In theaters Aug. 8. Distributed by CJ E&M Pictures.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ganaax

'Sector 7' Digitized For Imax's Korean Screens in 3D

dolbya_a_l.jpg

CJ Entertainment is to screen a 3D version of its "Sector 7" thriller day-and-date on Imax screens in Korea.

TORONTO -- CJ Entertainment already runs Imax theaters.

Now the Korean movie producer and distributor is to see its local language action thriller, Sector 7, digitally re-mastered in 3D and released on Imax's super-sized screens in Korea day-and-date on Aug. 4

Director Kim Ji-Hun's adventure pic stars Ha Ji-Won, Ahn Sung-Kee, Oh Ji-Ho, Lee Han-Wi and Cha Ye-Ryeon and portrays a viral monster attacking an underwater oil field and feeding on the crew to survive.

Putting a Korean language picture for the first time into Imax theaters in Korea is a natural for an Asian market where local language films make up half of all films shown.

"Audiences in Korea embrace the Imax brand and presenting Sector 7 in Imax 3D will offer our patrons the full impact and intensity of the film," Katharine Kim, CEO of CJ Entertainment said in a statement.

Imax currently has 10 theatres operating in Korea, capable of screening digitally-remastered pictures, including Hollywood titles.

http://www.hollywood...s-korean-208739

Ha Ji Won of Sector 7 shows tears: “I’ve waited five years for this”

201107071236481124_1.jpg

On July 7 Ha Ji Won participated in film producing press conference of Sector 7.

She said, “It feels like being in a dream. When I first got the script, I hardly believed myself in successfully filming Sector 7. It was a physically hard task. But when the shooting was wrapping up…”

She showed tears and couldn’t finish the sentence. Actor An Sung-Ki said, “I joined film making about two years ago, but Ha Ji Won was in this for five years. She might as well be overwhelmed by this promotion.”

Ha Ji Won added, “If I look back the process of shooting and editing the film, I can see how much I’ve went through. But loads when off because movie director and actors like An Sung-Ki, Park Chul Min, and Oh Ji Ho kept bright atmospheres at the set.”

Movie director Kim said, “I called for stuntwoman for certain scenes, but I saw Ha Ji Won doing the scene on her own. She got wounded in doing motorcycle scenes and the scenes involving wires. When she cried in the last shooting, I felt as if she was crying to me. She went through a lot of things. All the actors are treasures to me, but if there wasn’t Ha Ji Won, it must have been impossible to make this movie. I think it’s such a blessing to have Ha Ji Won in Korean movies.”

The movie Sector 7 is the first Korean 3D movie. It features battle with a monster in a locked place.

Source Nate by Hanna

http://en.korea.com/...-this%E2%80%9D/

Guest ganaax

Ha Ji-won tight muscles behind the shy smile

photo180897.jpg

Actress Ha Ji-won's tight arm muscles behind the shy smile is an issue.

Ha Ji-won uploaded a picture of herself in her Me Today (me2day.net/wellmadestar) with the words, "Today is the day "Sector 7" is previewed! I am in an interview right now! Look forward to the movie!"

She is looking neat with her short hair and is displaying a smile with a 'V'. Her muscles in her arms make her look like an action actress.

Netizen's say, "Her arms are so firm", "Her face is so small the 'V' could cover it", "She is like a female warrior" and more.

Ha Ji-won's movie "Sector 7" will be released on the 4th of August.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

http://www.hancinema...mile-31255.html

from yesterdays event

Korean Film "Sector 7" with English Subtitles

Guest ganaax

%7Boption%7D Sector 7 Showcase Event at CGV

http://amazingyeoja.blogspot.com/2011/07/img-sector-7-showcase-event-at-cgv.html

Guest ps3hl

caps.jpg

[ENG] Sector 7 Showcase Event clip 1

Translations: kjkfan7 and RAINLUVER012

Hardsubbed: ps3hl

"I personally think that it is a blessing that Ha Ji Won-shi exists in the Korean movie industry" - PD Kim

WATCH & DOWNLOAD

Thanks for all the updates guys! I'm really excited for Sector 7 and after learning how hard Jiwonie worked on the film, makes me even more anxious to see the whole thing. :)

Also, here are a couple more photos from TVReport.

TVR10.jpg

TVR1.jpg

TVR8.jpg

TVR12.jpg

TVR2.jpg

TVR3.jpg

TVR4.jpg

TVR5.jpg

TVR6.jpg

TVR7.jpg

TVR11.jpg

TVR9.jpg

Guest ganaax
Guest ganaax

@  minah_00 ...dunno...have to wait new upload

“Sector 7″ Making Their Way To The Top!

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

The first Korean film to come out in 3D, “Sector 7″ is already on its way to be crowned on top of the box office before its tickets are sold in theaters.

After their first showcase and premiere, the film already topped all portal sites’ searching-ranks proving its predicted success. Errr, I can’t wait until August 4th !!

By Jennie from KorMore

http://amazingyeoja....way-to-top.html

[NEWS] 3-D blockbuster to exhibit Korean CG-galore

Monster film ‘Sector 7’ aims to challenge Hollywood

For many who have seen “Avatar” by James Cameron, this upcoming 3-D blockbuster may be nothing but another monster flick. Yet makers of “Sector 7,”the soon-to-be-released Korean film made with local CG technology, could not hide their pride at a press meeting on Thursday.

“‘Avatar’ is an amazing piece of work,” said Jang Seong-ho, executive director of Mofac Studio, a visual effects company who was responsible for the visual effects of the upcoming Korean film. “It should’ve been released 10 or 20 years later. James Cameron is a genius and he had the ability to use as much resources as he wanted. For this movie, I’ve also tried a lot of things that I’ve never tried in my 18-year moviemaking career.”

The monster movie ― where 1,748 scenes out of 1,804 scenes are rendered in CG ― tells a story of a crew who run into a giant sea monster while trying to search for oil in an isolated drilling rig off the southern coast of Jeju Island. The 10 billion won ($9.4 million) budget movie’s distribution rights have already been sold to 46 countries. And it is reportedly the first local film to open in IMAX theaters in Korea.

“I think Korean films should be now at the level of competing with Hollywood films rather than simply catching up with them,” said Kim Ji-hoon, the director of the film. “I focused on the cinematic value of this film while working on it, whereas I cared about integrity and entertainment aspect the most for my previous movies.” 

20110713000590_0.jpg

From left: Actors Park Jeong-hak, Ahn Sung-ki, Ha Ji-won, Oh Ji-ho, Song Sae-byeok and Park Cheol-min star in “Sector 7,” an upcoming 3-D monster blockbuster. (CJ E&M)

Producer Yoon Je-kyoon, who directed the 2009 mega-hit disaster film “Tidal Wave,” said while not every movie has to be shot in 3-D, there are certain genres of films that can benefit from it ― and “Sector 7” is clearly one of them. “We wanted to make it a 3-D film from the very beginning,” he said. “It is a visually stimulating film and we wanted our audience to feel what it is like to be attacked by a monster while being stuck in an isolated rig. We wanted it to be a ‘realization’ film (with 3-D).”

While Korea has had the famous underwater monster in “The Host,” the 2006 film by Bong Joon-ho, visual effects director Jang wanted to make an original monstrous creature for “Sector 7” inspired by real-life sea animals.

“This monster had to move around and transform throughout the movie,” said Jang. “Its form and skin texture were inspired by real sea creatures.”

Making of the film was extremely challenging for the actors and actresses as well. They had to shoot most of the scenes in front of a green screen, relying on their own imagination and intuition about the CG-generated monster.

Actress Ha Ji-won, one of the leading female action stars in Korea, began tearing up as she talked about her filming experience, which included long hours of weight training, swimming and motorcycle lessons, as well as wire actions. “It really was extremely challenging,” Ha said. “I think I was able to go through it because of my fellow actors who were very kind to me throughout the process.”

“Actors said to me, ‘You are scarier that the monster,’” said Yoon, laughing. “Yet as the time passed by, they told me that it was a lot of fun, because it required their imagination rather than calculated acting.“

“Sector 7”opens in theaters on Aug. 4.

By Claire Lee  (dyc@heraldm.com)                

http://www.koreahera...=20110713000722

"Sector 7" Ha Ji-won, charisma

http://www.hancinema...isma-31407.html

Ha Ji Won has been trained by her scuba-diving instructor Lee Jae Hoon for the movie Sector 7. She has also earned scuba-diving license.

2589jq9.jpg

Guest deokmaneu

Sector 7, due out in Korea as a 2011 summer tentpole movie, has pre-sold to Germany (MFA+), Taiwan (Serenity), Indonesia/Philippines (VSG), the Middle East (Shooting Stars) and Vietnam (BHD). The film also previously announced pre-sales to France (TF1), Thailand (M Pictures), Singapore/Malaysia (Scorpio East) during EFM. Award-winning actress Ha Ji-won stars for new director Kim Ji-hoon.

Please enlighten me, I am not so familiar with the terms, when it said  "PRE SOLD"  would it mean this will be shown on  those countries mentioned?   

it mentioned Philippines alongside Indonesia, I am asking because I am really interested to see this film, I love to see Ha Ji Won in action and very challenging role always...  I will be very glad to know if this indeed will be shown in my country, really can't wait..

Guest ganaax

From Stereoscope to Pandora : 3D Tech Past and 3D Content Future

By

WHY LG TV Blog

– July 15, 2011Posted in: PRODUCTS, TV

Pop Quiz: What was the name of the first 3D movie?

For many of us, the first thing that comes to mind is the lush green jungle of Pandora leaping out at us from James Cameron’s 2009 movie Avatar. Others might reach a bit further back to the 1983 release of Jaws 3D.

0112.jpg

Both of them were pretty big hits, to say the least, so you can be forgiven if you didn’t answer The Power of Love, directed by Nat G. Deverich or Harry K. Fairall. Produced in 1922, The Power of Love is both the earliest confirmed 3D feature stereoscopic movie and now, unfortunately, a mere footnote in history. Shot almost a century ago shot using an anaglyph process developed by Fairall himself, the movie was a technological marvel of its time. To view it, you needed a pair of glasses which had a red lens on one side and a blue one on the other.

Sadly though, there is little known about the film, and the original reel is now considered lost.

0215.jpg

Over time 3D movies came and went, but the quality of 3D movies was poor to say the least. The audience frequently complained of headaches and nausea. It enjoyed a brief heyday in the 1950’s, but it was probably Canadian IMAX technology in the 1980s that did the most for 3D, with its focus on comfortable viewing.

IMAX ensured its viewers they would not get headaches or stress from their movies and it was the first to show 3D movies with polarized glasses, which have now become the standard. IMAX dominated the 3D movie market in the 80s and 90s with movies like Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and Jim Henson’s Muppet-Vision 3D.

Which brings us back to James Cameron’s Avatar. (And by the way, Cameron is an advocate of FPR 3D TVs using less expensive polarized glasses.) With the runaway commercial success of the film, (combined ticket and DVD sales total just under USD $2.8 billion), the race was on to not only produce the next big 3D hit but cash in on all the spin-offs, including 3D gaming and, of course, TVs. South Korea, home of LG Electronics, was the first country to launch a dedicated 3D TV channel (SKY 3D) with 1920x1080i FULL HD resolution. Since then, 3D technology has increasingly made its way into our living rooms on cameras and even smartphones.

And just as we’ve seen tremendous advances in 3D technology, we’ve also seen a big rush to create outstanding 3D content.

Here in the Korean market, a new 3D movie called Sector 7 is generating its own buzz as the first ever Korean 3D action blockbuster scheduled for a nationwide theater release. It should be out in August. Produced by Kim Nam-soo, a well-known director/producer in the country, over 80% of Sector 7 is shot in 3D, and it features several A-list actors. Much attention is focused on the movie, as it will be an important stepping stone to Korea’s commercial 3D movie industry.

044.jpg

Kim Nam-soo, the producer of the Korean action 3D blockbuster Sector 7

Kim had a chance to use LG’s FPR Type 3D Monitor (DX2342), and was apparently very satisfied. He was kind enough to share his thoughts: “It’s perfect for people working with 3D videos for long hours.” Kim was even happier with the fact that LG’s FPR type monitor gives the same 3D experience as watching 3D movies at the movie theater.

The 3D industry has come a long way since The Power of Love and LG is leading the way with its advanced FPR technology. It does away with those heavy and expensive active shutter glasses and promises wider viewing angles and comfortable viewing without the dizziness, whether it’s 3D TVs or 3D monitors that you’re looking for. Not convinced? Head to your neighborhood electronics store and check it out for yourself. You’ll definitely believe your eyes.

http://whylgtv.lge.com/archives/3110

Archived