[ Movie 2011 ] Sector 7 (7광구)

Guest ganaax

Guest ganaax

about Ahn Sung-ki...

Ahn Sung-ki made his film debut at the age of 5 in 1957

Ahn Sung-ki (Korean: 안성기, born 1 January 1952) is known to the public as the "National Best Actor of Korea". A Roman Catholic,[1] he was born in Daegu and grew up as a child actor, appearing in director Kim Ki-young's celebrated film The Housemaid (1960).[2] Starting from the 1980s, he appeared in nearly 100 movies. He was a graduate of the Vietnamese department of the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. Because of his ability to speak several foreign languages, UNICEF appointed Ahn as a representative, and his image is often seen in advertisements on planes travelling to Korea. He acted twice as the President of Korea in the movies the Romantic President (2002) and Hanbando (2006).

He had military service after graduating from university as an artillery officer(first lieutenant, 1974 ~ 1976) which he volunteered for.

Ahn Sung-ki's long and successful acting career closely tracks the achievements of a half-century of Korean cinema. Having starred or appeared in an outstanding number of the Korean film industry's greatest artistic and commercial successes, Ahn is commonly referred to as “the national actor” by the Korean press.

Ahn’s natural acting style, nuanced treatment of complex roles, and an ability to play a wide range of characters has earned him the respect and admiration of audiences and critics alike. After winning "Best Child Actor" for Defiance of a Teenager at the 1960 San Francisco Film Festival (his second film for cult director Kim Ki-young, who gave Ahn his first role in The Twilight Train three years earlier), Ahn successfully made the transition from child prodigy to leading man. Over the course of his 50-year career, Ahn has compiled one of the best and most eclectic filmographies in the industry. In his career, he has worked closely with director Im Kwon-taek on classics like Mandala, Festival, The Taebaek Mountains and Chihwaseon. His acting credits include appearances in Korean cinema’s greatest achievements: Bae Chang-ho's Whale Hunting, Deep Blue Night, and Our Sweet Days of Youth; Lee Kwang-mo’s Spring in My Hometown; Jung Ji-young’s White Badge and North Korea’s Southern Army (for which he received the Blue Dragon Award for Best Actor in 1990); Kang Woo-suk's Two Cops; Park Kwang-soo’s Chilsu and Mansu and To the Starry Island; and Lee Myung-Se’s Nowhere to Hide.

The winner of scores of prizes from Korean and Asian film festivals, including five Baeksang Art Awards, Ahn was named "best actor of 1997" by Cine21, Korea’s leading film magazine. More than a screen star, he has risen to become an iconic national figure in Korea. Omnipresent in Korean advertising, he often appears as a trusted father figure. Indeed, in the parallel history that nations write for themselves through their art, Ahn has come to represent the human face of leadership making him a natural for the role of the nation's chief executive in The Romantic President. He'll soon be tackling a role his fans have longed to see him in when he plays Korea's King Sejong in the upcoming The Divine Weapon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest niknokdagu425

thanks ganaax , cant wait to see it another blockbuster for our amazing HAJIWON and the rest of the SECTOR 7 team

Guest ganaax

thanks ganaax , cant wait to see it another blockbuster for our amazing HAJIWON and the rest of the SECTOR 7 team

me too...... it seems that korean film quality improving so much in past few years

@ganaax

Sorry for not coming here to visit! :( I think this will definitely be the blockbuster of the summer!! I can't until August when it comes out! You've done an awesome job, thanks for posting all the great pics and articles!! :)

@RAINLUVER012

Hey are you on now? Waving hello! It's really late for me! Gotta get some sleep! :)

Guest RAINLUVER012

New behind the scenes picture! ^^

htm20110502162708020000.jpg

[A picture "stolen" from the filming set] Ha JiWon, Oh JiOh, Song SeByuk, and Park ChulMin collapse from laughing

The bloodthirsty monster has started attacking. The dark sea surrounds every side. There is nowhere to run to or hide. The workers on the isolated "Eclipse" oil ship have one choice: to die or to kill.

We thought the filming set of Sector 7 would be tense but there is laughter all around. While Song SeByuk, who was the first to be attacked by the monster, drips blood from his leg, Park ChulMin cracks a joke and everyone breaks out in loud laughter. Of course, this is after, the actors received the "OK" sign. Because of Park ChulMin's laughter and Song SeByuk's responses, Ha JiWon and Oh JiOh are constantly collapsing in laughter. "Photogenic" Director Kim JiHoon is also seen in the picture. These jokes are fatigue-relievers to the people working hard on the set of Sector 7.

source: http://www.movieweek.co.kr/article/article.html?aid=26423

Guest ganaax

@ gle_perry, @koblo

me too, ...have to endure at least until for trailer release (little satisfy until the film release ):sweatingbullets:  

@ kjkfan7

of course it will be blockbuster of the year, i think this movie will be have high place in korean all- time box office chart

@ RAINLUVER012

many many thanks for article......

HJW laughs so easily and Park Chul Min is such humorous  dude, probably it have to be very fun to work with those two......

Ganaax...Thanks so much for being the thread starter for sector 7. I strongly believe this movie can be a blockbuster movie becoz it's the product of Youn Je Kyun the 'Haeundae' director, creatively directed by Kim Ji Hoon[2008 drama MAY 18] with the creature effects and the big budgets 8 billion won and shot in 3D. Not to mention the lucky number '7' at the movie title. And the most important thing is there's HA JI WON in it. She's the crowd puller besides Ahn Seong Gi. This movie will showcasing HJW's acting talent in doing action flick to the fullest. She's no more the stuntwoman Gil Raim , she's the new badass girl in town Cha Hae-joon. Lastly, I'm looking forward for her chemistry with Oh Ji Ho, the gorgeous hunk from Fantasy couple and Chuno.

Guest ganaax

*quoted image*

[ENG] HJW - Jeonju Int'l Film Festival 2011

Translations: kjkfan7

WATCH | DOWNLOAD

@RAINLUVER012 - Thanks for the Sector 7 pics. Made me look forward to the movie even more! :)

Have a great day everyone!  

Guest RAINLUVER012

bigger version of the new Sector 7 posters

13050741562011051109360.jpg

13050741562011051109361.jpg

Credit HJW Dcgall

EDIT

Sector 7 teaser trailer will be released today at 12 AM, South Korean time (I guess that's tomorrow then... haha))

source of info: HJW gall

Guest ganaax

i think  we all can say that this film is granted to dominate box office in this summer.... .....

i think  now we all can say that this film is granted to dominate box office in this summer.... .....

Archived