Top Gear

Guest babycurious

Guest babycurious

BBC two

275px-TopGearLogo.jpg

I recently hooked to this show, though it's reached 11th season already.

Anyone love this show too? There's nothing more entertaining than great cars and humors!

and you gotta love The Stig! and Richard Hamond is so lovable person indeed :blush:

It began in 1977 as a conventional motoring magazine show. Over time, and especially since a relaunch in 2002, it has developed a quirky, humorous style. The programme is estimated to have 350 million viewers worldwide and 8 million viewers each week in the UK on BBC Two. The show is presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and The Stig, an anonymous test driver. In 2007 it was one of the most pirated television shows in the world.

Guest res0nate

I can tell you that the US version is going to be godawful. TG is the only reason I'm subbed to BBC.

Fifth Gear on the other hand...

Guest Mirae-chan

Ahahaha I've only seen when David Tennant and Billie Piper (am Doctor Who geek) were on but it was hilarious xD!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest combatrock76

I like Top Gear. Clarkson, despite being peevish and irritating at times, is funny. I watch it for the commentary. The format of the show keeps it interesting. I love it when they did the race across Europe using the Mercedes MacLaren.

• 1 month later...
Guest Xiaoba1tu

I just finished watching an episode just then.

I don't get most of the British humour but sometimes the three hosts can be pretty funny.

Guest hyunbin_sweetie

i lvoe this show

finally a top gear thread

the guys are hirlious totally love for them

watched every single season and waiting

for the 11th oooh soo excited there are some

new concept cars out there and new cars out

i wonder what they are going to say i turn myself

into a car junkie cuz of that show.... oh plus i work with cars =D

Seriously, even if you don't even know about cars it would still be funny.

I think some humour might be lost since there is alot of sarcasm and make remarks about "life in the UK" such as silly laws and making fun of those who are in important positions particularly posts that control traffic laws xD

Clarkson can be childish at time but that's also the fun of it, i'm really not that keen on the US version not only the fact that Top Gear already covers most cars everywhere what else can the US do? write more jokes more suited for the US? talk more about US cars? ...... well i'm sure there's a reason why Top Gear doesn't talk about US made cars that much ;) hmm the only thing i can see them doing alot if probably using a large budget to break cars and do silly tasks.

• 1 year later...
Guest XpyroXpsychoX

Such an epic show. I think the us version has been canned. Thank richard simmons. They couldn't

do it. It's Clarkson, Richard and James that make it such a funny show :D

• 1 year later...
Guest Heaven11

This is definitely one of the best and funniest shows on TV. I know loads of people who don't watch it for the cars, but watch it for the comedic element (me included), hence why is gets so many viewers here in UK and has become a worldwide hit. 

I highly recommend the special episodes they sometimes do, where they go to other countries such as Vietnam, USA (and get chased by hill billies), across Africa, north pole, South America, Middle East (3 Wise men journey) etc. 

I also watch it for the humor. The trio is just so perfect! My favourite has got to be hammond. And it seems him and jeremy always pick on james may, no?

I also love the specials! my favourite by far must be the vietnam special. Heard they're going to India this time!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Heaven11

Yep, This years Christmas special, they go to India. Its going to be shown on 28th Dec 8pm. Can't wait.

Here's the blurb:

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to boost the British economy by embarking on a trade mission to India. Equipped with three old British cars and a range of uniquely British products, they set off on an epic road trip across one of the world's most fascinating and challenging countries, devotedly promoting Britain with distinctly mixed results.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived