Battle Royale

Guest RococoBaby

Guest RococoBaby

who loved it!!!I love love looove this movie. who else loved it?!

did anyone like the manga/Novel? =]
brwallpaper_261.jpg

Plot:
It is based on Takami's novel of the same name, telling the story of a class of junior high school children who are forced to fight each other to the death

Volumes: 15 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1201Published by: Tokyopop*This series has also live action film released.
Battle-Royale-3.jpg

Battle-Royale-2.jpg

IPB Image

came out a little while ago but ahhhhh. ive wanted to start a thread on it x]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i loved both the movie and the novel... i watched then movie first, then read the novel... watching the movie first gave me a better appreciation of the novel... i think the novel is very detailed and i enjoyed it more than the movie...

i have read a few pages of the BR manga and i have to say that it is VERY graphic... read only if you have a strong stomach...

Guest goodvibrations

I liked the movie because everyone was hot and made the killing look super hot. [/stupid] It was sad. Battle Royale is analogous to the super competitive education system in Japan right?

Guest Iridescence

there's a novel? didn't know that. i've been downloading the manga but didn't read it yet. i like the movie.

The manga and the movie are BASED off of the novel.

I read the novel first, then watched the movie. I have yet to read the manga. Sooner or later, I will get to it.

I enjoyed the novel wayyyyyy more than the movie. It was more descriptive. And despite it's goryness in the novel, there were also emotional ties. It was more emotional than the movie, I would have to say.

Guest fionahh

I saw the movie. holy crap lol it was so graphic xD..especially when the guys head blew up.. I agree with sayuka ..everyone was good looking xD!..loll I wanna see the 2nd one now...0.0

Guest simpleandpink

Movie + Novel were great, I liked the novel better though (books are more my style), but was it just my copy or it said 24 hours [for the game]? But it was actually like 72 hours, right?

The manga kind of scared me though, it made the series darker and the characters darker...[even though Mitsuko was like that to begin with]

i liked the movie until the end where the guy dies and then gets up to answer his cell phone

Haha yea I admit, that was pretty funny.

I didn't even know there was a novel... I thought the movie was based on the manga. Yea but then again, I don't even know when Battle Royale the movie was released anyway. The movie was really good! The ending was pretty sad. I've got to go and read the novel now! >=]

Did anyone see the second movie? Don't even bother watching the second movie. It's kind of a waste of time, but it's okay. Sort of anti-America kind of thing, imo, but it didn't bother me that much. I just wish they would've came up with a better plotline and meaning of the whole "terrorists" thing. I mean come on, "adults" are bad. o__O They'll become adults sooner or later anyways.

As for the first movie, it was pretty sad. Haha that one dorky guy got that flame thrower thingy and was going crazy with it. :P I'd probably do that too.

Guest NASRI22

i LOVED IT!!!!

the story line about all the backstabbing was awsome!!!!!

killing was a little freaky though.. lol i like the movie..

Archived