[drama 2008] Cooking Up Romance / Returned Earthen Bowl 돌아온 뚝배&#4

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

[KBS2] Kim Sung Eun, Kang Kyung Joon, Park Hae Mi, Kim Yung Chul
Debuts 2nd June 2008 as daily drama on KBS2, replacing sitcom Unstoppable Marriage.

This is a remake of 1991 KBS1 drama called "Seoul Earthen Bowl" 서울뚝배기, after 18 years. Dukbaegi refers to the earthen bowl.

Filming starts 10th May.

Director : Lee Duk Gun 이덕건

Scriptwriter : Kim Woon Kyung 김운경

Cast : Park Hae Mi 박해미 (High Kick, War of Money, Love in Heaven), Kang Kyung Joon 강경준 (My Older Sister), Kim Sung Eun 김성은, Oh Yun Suh 오연서 Kim Yung Chul 김영철, Park Han Byul 박한별, Jung Min 정민, Lee Kyung Jin 이경진, Jung Seung Ho 정승호

Official site : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dukbaegi/index.html

Other VODs : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dukbaegi/netizen/stamp/index.html

Storyline (from KBS World):

This daily drama revolves around a family-run restaurant selling Korean traditional beef soup. The restaurant is famous and popular for its delicious dishes. The secret of the success lies in owner Kang's sticking to the traditional way of cooking the beef soup. But Kang feels depressed when his only daughter says she won't take over the restaurant. Kang Yu-seon, the daughter of owner Kang, is an undergraduate student majoring French literature and wants to be a professor. Then, Park Man-bong, a young man with positive and optimistic character comes to work at the restaurant. As time goes by, everyone working for the restaurant shows confidence in Man-bong for his diligence and sincerity. Kim Kwang-ho, is the manager of the restaurant and he's dying to marry Yoo-seon. But Yoo-seon is not interested in him at all and treats Kwang-ho like her older brother. Kwang-ho feels betrayed as owner Kang trusts Man-bong more than himself. Meanwhile, Yu-seon slowly falls in love with Man-bong, breaking Kwang-ho's heart.

sub_top.jpg

sub_top01.jpg

sub_top02.jpg

sub_top03.jpg

sub_top04.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blissfully_unaware13x

aw park hye mi and kang kyung joon! haha. kang kyung joon!! didn't see him since nonstop 5. nice to see him again. wats it about? i think i read that name lee duk gun a lot!!! for a lot of dramas..

ooh! i was wondering about that! what is returned earthen bowl about? i hope its as funny as Unstoppable Wedding (O_O though it doesn't sound funny D:) when does the first episode air then? (this comes after Unstoppable Marriage ON KBS World right?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest babymarzy07

oh kang kyung joon!! i miss him!! im glad he is back. i heard that Kim Dong Hyun is here too (the kid), Kim gura's son?

i wish i could watch this. i hope that kbsworld will have replays.

Guest huangsy

oh kang kyung joon!! i miss him!! im glad he is back. i heard that Kim Dong Hyun is here too (the kid), Kim gura's son?

i wish i could watch this. i hope that kbsworld will have replays.

I think KBS World should have it bec the English title of Cooking Up Romance was picked up from there, so was the story synopsis.

should be this boy ...

20080527170727416b6_170908_0.jpg

2008052716585817770_170405_0.jpg

Guest LiZziE

i only knew donghyun was in it!~ HAHA

i'm glad i checked out this thread! i like a lot of the characters! :)

thanks for all the pics and news! :D

Guest dannybulu

i'm a HUGE fan of kim seong-eun!! in fact, i just posted a lil over 1000 of her pics on asianfanatics not too long ago. and i also have a flickr gallery dedicated to her photos... aaand a facebook group, too. lol!

btw, i couldn't find a wallpaper section on the new drama site. :(

Guest Eagles135

can someone please upload this drama in clubbox or mega??? Is this drama supposed to be funny? Thanks

can someone please upload this drama in clubbox or mega??? Is this drama supposed to be funny? Thanks

aninice already uploaded it on her cb.

just look for the word 돌아온 뚝배기

hope you could find it

but if not I'll try to download

it on mega

Guest grrly

I know this is a remake but anyone know what's the genre of this drama? melo or heavy drama? comedy?

Archived