RomeoxJuliet

Guest Jiae

[Anime] Starcrossed love...Romeo X Juliet

imageimage

T h e S t o r y
In the fantastical aeropolis of Neo Verona, the noble house of Capulet had ruled peacefully for generations - until fourteen year ago, when the ancient grudge held by the rival house of Montague led to a mutiny, and the Capulets were deposed and all but wiped out in a bloody coup. Now, as Neo Verona suffers under the thrall of its new masters, the fates of two star cross'd lovers are about to become tragically entwined...

Wildly innovative and visually stunning, this new interpretation of Shakespeare's timeless classic sets the doomed love of the Montague and Capulet heirs, Romeo and Juliet, against a dramatically charged political background in a rich fantasy world.

Taking its inspiration from the original text of the play, Romeo x Juliet bravely re-imagines many of the key characters and events - casting Juliet as a revolutionary leader who , as the last surviving Capulet, is expected to revive the house of Capulet and bring down their foes, the Montagues - even if it means living her childhood as a boy. Romeo, meanwhile, is the disaffected heir of the Montagues, son of the tyrannical leader of the house whose sole focus is on uncovering the secrets of the Floating Tree which lies at the heart of Neo Verona...

As the citizens of the city suffer, the Capulet clan struggles to strike a blow against their enemies, and the Montagues tighten their grasp on power, an unlikely love blossoms between Romeo and Juliet - but in the face of such adversity, this ill-fated love may be doomed from the outset. Can any force in Neo Verona be more powerful than the inexorable pull of destiny...?

Created by leading animation studio GONZO, Romeo x Juliet is a dazzling and bold new vision of a classic love story whose appeal resonates around the world and across every generation.

Triumph or tragedy; only fate knows what awaits Romeo and Juliet...

Volumes: 2 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=8869Published by: YenPressAnime Episodes: 24
S o u n d t r a c k
OP - "You raise me up" by Lena Parks
ED - "Cyclone" composed by Hiroaki Sakai

O f f c i a l / / F a n S i t e s !
OFFICIAL SITE
ROMEOXJULIET FAN SITE

V i e w T h e T r a i l e r
Trailer #1
Trailer #2

PixivId647996full1659465.jpg

RomeoxJulietfull113989.jpg

RomeoxJulietfull935711.jpg

Guest ~fantasygurl~

the first time i saw this i was "omg....i hate shakespeare" and when i got bored i looked around and i happen to say "i guess, i will give this a chance..." i watched a few episodes and it IS totally different from the actual one!!! i love the anime version right away!!!!!!!!!

Guest Demllequ

if they both are going to die in the end like the shakespear story i dont think i wanna watch it =(

i'll only watch it if theres a twist in the end.

i hate sad endings

• 4 weeks later...
Guest severus

if they both are going to die in the end like the shakespear story i dont think i wanna watch it =(

i'll only watch it if theres a twist in the end.

i hate sad endings

that's what i thought... before i started watching it i was like

"it's gonna be a sad ending, so just watch up until the last few episodes, then stop"

... but then i kept watching ...

and cried buckets full by the end

Guest Xia-ya

I always liked Romeo and Juliet. Its the only Shakespare story that I liked.

So I knew I was going to like this. I love the whole twist the anime did and at the end it made me cry. =[

I love the opening song <3

Guest <3 for six seasons

whoa. Romeo and Juliet classic turned into anime? not bad. ;D

i'm going to watch this.

what TV Channel will be airing this anime?

or, can i just watch here on the `net? [is it available on YOUTUBE/VEOH?]

Guest pekkles

I just started watching this! Yeah it's licensed now =/ so uh... shh?

There are torrents still alive out there and if you use google creatively you can find a couple of hosted links

I really like it ^__^ The flying horses are adorable, and I love how

they have William Shakespeare as a character in the anime

Maybe it's really weird of me, but I really like the colors they use ^__^;; still anime-style with blue and red hair, but toned down and dark, kinda mysterious-like~

Guest Jiae

^I see. I checked the list of animes and RomeoxJuliet wasn't on the list;

so i went ahead and made a thread,

then posted under the list that I made one o.o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest incomplete.

I stopped watching... I know it's stupid but I really don't want to see the end. I really don't wanna cry. :(

Btw, this anime is great! I'll try to finish it, although I already know what is going to happen...

Guest KuYA II

Great anime, although, at times it got a little draggy.

But it was a great anime and its nice to see a different perception than the original romeo and juliet script.

Guest black-wings

I love the book of it!!

I thought that the anime was going to do a bad job on it but after watching the very first ep. I madly fell in love with it!

Good drawings and even though it's kind og different from the book I have to say it did a great job on it!!

I don't even mind re-watching!

• 3 months later...

the OPENING!!! it was made so beautifully~

I'm on the second episode right now, but i just had to download that opening song

• 1 month later...

Archived