Koreans Who Watch Bollywood?

Guest ArtemisRider

Guest ArtemisRider

I was just wondering what is the awareness of the indian film industry in Korea...and what is the impression of indians that Indian films have made to Korean....

I watch Korean films and dramas and think that koreans and indians are similar in many ways....what you guys think

Guest Bannannaa

you can see it on a small TV when u go into an indian restaurant (which is owned by indians) hahaha. that's about it.

Haha guess I'm kinda weird.

I live in a place populated by LOTS of Indian people

So yeah, I know what Bollywood is and watch it sometimes

cause several of my friends watch it religiously.

They're really colourful.

Some Bollywood movies I've seen:

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Main Hoon Na

Devdas

Josh

Duplicate

Chalte Chalte

Baadshah

Salaam Namaste

Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha

Guest chokedonapple

Hahahaha i watched bollywood movies when i was bored last time. i would always imitate their dance in front of the tv haha. really fun and entertaining!

• 1 month later...
Guest ArtemisRider

Thanks alot for replying :) :) :)

Could some of you please specify which ones were funny?:)

I believe that the latest/recent ones...are....not following the rules....

Where i live....most just buy it for the songs...and dancing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
Guest shibali alva

Koreans do watch bollywood movies. since I'm an Indian and a huge fan of k-pop n k-drama, I've searched it a million times. I've found that they are big fans of shahrukh khan and some other actors. They even have a community of korean who watch bollywood movies. Not all korean but a few of them watch it. some of them say that there are too amny songs and the movies are too long but they still love to watch it.movies like my name is khan and 3 idiots are really famous. 

Recent Bollywood movies are total crap. Bollywood directors copy korean movies. Bollywood made remake of some very good and famous korean movies. 
My sassy girl  - Ugly and PagliOld Boy - ZindaMy dear desperado - Jayantabahi ki love storythere would be many more bollywood crap. So, i don't watch new bollywood movies, its total waste of time.

I don't see what's so funny and weird about it? It's just cultural differences. Different cultures like different things. The dance sequences are fun, imo. It's like similar to an American musical but prettier. Most American musicals bore the daylights out of me. 
I have a few Indian friends who introduced me to some movies. The ones i've really liked are Devdas, Jodha Akbar, Mughal-E-Azam, Taare Zameen Par, Wake up sid, Kal Ho Na Ho, Guzaarish, Queen, Chokher bali, Ashoka, Rab ne bana di jodi, Aashiqui 2, Barfi, bhaag milkha bhaag, Rockstar, Parineeta, 3 Idiots, Jab We Met. and then Saawariya, Umrao Jaan(2006. Indian version of memoirs of a geisha basically), and Ram Leela which weren't in particularly good movies but visually gorgeous and artistic. 
I really like their culture and do indeed find it similar to East Asian culture. I'm Korean and my mom loves watching them with me. She says their values are the same as ours. My family in Korea has seen Jodha Akbar which was on TV with Korean subs and really liked it. I find that i prefer Asian entertainment over North American music and movies. Bollywood movies tend to be so full of colour and passion and sometimes they're cheesy but in a good way LOL.. hmmm, I think if you're into Kdramas then you might enjoy Indian movies. 

Idk, I guess i'd say don't knock it till you try it. And if you decide to try it, go in with an open mind. And if you try it and don't like it, then just move on to something else. Foreign movies can open you to a whole new world and are nice to watch every now and then. 

Archived