[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

thank you everyone for the recaps :D I just finished episode 4 and the drama is getting so much more intense with episode 5 preview :o now have to wait a whole week, I am just thrown back by SW's sudden change or maybe it wasn't a sudden change at all? he just disguised his jealousy very well and I too believe that it's not just jealousy from his one sided love for SH that made him turn...it must be something else too :P

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kchild702

thank you everyone for the recaps :D I just finished episode 4 and the drama is getting so much more intense with episode 5 preview :o now have to wait a whole week, I am just thrown back by SW's sudden change or maybe it wasn't a sudden change at all? he just disguised his jealousy very well and I too believe that it's not just jealousy from his one sided love for SH that made him turn...it must be something else too :P

i believe his sudden change is part jealousy, and part following his orders from NSS boss betrayal. after hj kills that north korean guy south korea is denying everything. thats nothing new government doing that to their own, right 2uss.

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

ahh I am waiting for the subs for epi 4.

too crazy, governments! I wonder what the viewers think and the government officials that watch this.

Oh so the government turned on HJ....so scary when he was just doing what was being ordered thanks kchild for the explanation, I was guessing the entire time waiting for the eng subs to fully understand :D

Guest joynara

I wouldn't put it past the Powers That Be to just chalk it up to SaWoo's jealousy, sense of duty, etc. It's cliched, predictable, but also the most expedient way of getting to the next plot point, and thus far, they've gone for the most expedient option with their plot development almost every time.

Having said that, if that's the 'explanation,' it's tough to buy it as a viewer because JJH is not playing the character as someone increasingly consumed with jealousy. Struggling with his feelings, certainly, but also making efforts to accept their relationship because he cares for his friends. That's the underlying sentiment, whether it's his scenes with HJ & SH in ep. 3:

200910220310121001_1a.jpg200910220310121001_1b.jpg

or the rather unexpected, touching scene when HJ tells SW what his mission is in ep. 4.

It has to be something that the Deputy Director told SaWoo before sending him off to eliminate HJ, and while I'm not holding much hope it'll make the betrayal more acceptable (because I'm half-resigned to the possibility TPTB will send the character of SaWoo down the drain for the sake of plot development), the jealousy angle alone would not only be insufficient & lame, it contradicts how they've played the scenes so far.

Then again, they may be willing to just do that for the sake of shock & awe.

BTS still from happier times courtesy of daicn:

904a1b4034135c.jpg

after hj kills that north korean guy south korea is denying everything. thats nothing new government doing that to their own, right 2uss.

i was thinking...

NSS -- might be for South Korea... but IRIS is the buffer...

the United States have secret organizations all over the world... mainly run by the CIA, Central Inteligence Agency and or the NSA, National Security Agency (responsible for electronics/satelites/communications), our computers can automatically be hacked by someone at the NSA with a push of a button...

The South Koreans can have all the agencies they want... as long as they go through the proper channels at the CIA... so allowing NSS to exist (i know this is just a drama and its fiction, SK does have an Inteligence Agency) without the consent of the CIA is a NO NO!!

regarding the Nuclear capabilities that the President and his advisor briefly went over of their conversation in ep 3... i'm not surprise... ANY NUCLEAR AMBTIONS by a Preisent of a country where U.S. troops are stationed is a direct breach of agreement in the treaty --- especially in the delicate North/South Korean penninsula --- which is technically at war if not for the deterrance of the U.S. Military in place

i'm not sure of the details surrounding President Park's "ambition" to have Nuclear capabilities (weapon) in the 1970s, maybe kchild can clearify that for us... but in Japan, although this might be not in related with the present topic... the scientists there produced a super microchip computer prototype that rivals or even surpassed that of the smc that the Pentagon in the U.S. military has... the CIA got hand of the info... and the next thing... the Pentagon has that same microchip as the Japanese... was there an underhanded theatening going on?? of course... was there any blood spilled over

this... maybe or maybe not... did the same thing happen back then in SK??

IRIS maybe the organization that is being used as an "underhanded" secret arm of the CIA (known for its dirty, cold blooded jobs as its ever been since its conception back during post-WW2) IRIS may also be used to rat out and fix the "mole" inside the NSS or any type of secret agency the SK has...

in this drama IRIS may not be a total bad thing... yes, the pd and the writer portray IRIS as a cold and brutal organization (WOW!! TOP is brutally COLD but COOL!!! B) ) but always remember in a spy/espionage/thiller show...

"looks can be deceiving"

"keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

"look not at what's presented, but what is not"

i'm really enjoying IRIS :blush: great job so far by the stars of this show... can't wait to know more about the "bad guys" Chul Young, Sun Hwa (KSY is hot in that white coat!! :P ), and of course the cool as ice, Vick B)

(i'm sorry... ignore this ridiculous post... WHO DOES LONG POST LIKE THIS ANYWAYS!!! AIIIYYAAA :mellow::rolleyes: )

i love this funny scene when HJ was making funny faces towards the young girl

:lol::P

in the middle of a supense and intense situation... it sheds a bliss and innocent moment...

e4hjfunnyface.jpg

e4swseeskiss.jpg

e4shholdingcard.jpg

e4shwa.jpg

-------------------------

dear rubie... i can make banners, but i know there are other soompiers here that are more talented than me

in making banners/fan arts :( at best, what i'll do is just re-size the fan arts that i already did... soompi members

can just pm me if they'd like me to do a banner for them :rolleyes:

Guest fivemagic

WOW! great to know that IRIS is getting high ratings. *** 2 thumbs up***

Thank you everyone and all IRIS fans for all the wonderful and exciting exchanges, posts, comments, artworks, IRIS caps, MU links, etc etc... I really enjoyed reading each and everyone of them. :D

Guest celena8899

That's nice that the ratings are still high, i believe it will break the 30% record!!

i'm soooo excited so see ep 4 and 5!!

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Wait.. It seems like SW is going to let HJ go at the last minute. I don't get how else HJ would be able to get out of the situation. Also in the preview, HJ says to SH "If you remain beside me, both you and SaWoo will be in danger." Anyone else think SW is going to let him go, but tell him that next time he won't let him go easily, which will lead to that helicopter scene.

Guest calolwafu

i am currently addicted to this drama right now... the story is getting exciting...

Kim Tae Hee + Lee Byung Hun + TOP's sexy voice = faint <3

oh man this is so fun. i just finished watching ep3 but I kinda dont get it...will someone help explain it to me....so does TOP want the necklace that LBH has? and what did that man with the glasses tell LBH when he gave him the necklace. oh and did the prez said that he wants in on the mission?

I have a few friends who love to watch IRIS but unfortunately english is not their first language :( . anyone knows where can I find chinese subs of Iris ? ( hardsubs will do ) in megaupload / rapidshare kindly PM or let me know .

I know streaming is available but it's not that clear and this is LBH series !

Also thanks WithS2 for the english subs

Guest Lilazinprincess

I have a few friends who love to watch IRIS but unfortunately english is not their first language :( . anyone knows where can I find chinese subs of Iris ? ( hardsubs will do ) in megaupload / rapidshare kindly PM or let me know .

This was shared a couple pages back.

Chinese subs:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI1NDM4ODky.html

I didn't think anyone would want chi subs but thats what I've been watching mainly cos they are released faster than english subs, so here you go!

chinese hardsubbed

ep 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LT8PGF0M

ep 2 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QEFTH0CM

ep 3 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWER6565

This was shared a couple pages back.

Chinese subs:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI1NDM4ODky.html

youku is a streaming web.

Archived