[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Guest redzone85

theres 3 episodes left to this drama. for some reason i dont see a happy ending, somehow think either kim tae hee or lbh will die or something drastic will happen.

does anyone have a clue on the ending of the drama is it positive or negative?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest badhairday8

Wow, thanks so much for the wonderful recaps joynara... it's nothing like coming back from a 3 day vacation to a board full of IRIS news.

Somebody has mentioned that BS was mad because HJ "bit the forbidden fruit".. obviously he must be referring to CSH.

I highly doubt that CSH is a member of IRIS per the conversation that CSH and BS had earlier where it seems as if she doesn't know what IRIS is. Gosh, I really want to know if she is BS's daughter or the daughter of someone really important in IRIS.

Guest joynara

Drive-by post to drop off the ratings--

Episode 17 (Wed 9 Dec)

TNS Nationwide 37.2% l Seoul 39.1%

AGB Nationwide 32.8% l Seoul 34%

This is a very significant development because by TNS data, IRIS has now caught up with Queen Seondeok. Yesterday's 37.2% is better than QSD's Tuesday ep. (36.2%), though it falls a bit short of QSD's Monday ep. (38%).

Guest Lilazinprincess

Episode 17 (Wed 9 Dec)

This is a very significant development because by TNS data, IRIS has now caught up with Queen Seondeok. Yesterday's 37.2% is better than QSD's Tuesday ep. (36.2%), though it falls a bit short of QSD's Monday ep. (38%).

Thank you for the recap as always. WOOT. This episode was totally worth it. Let's break through that 40% ceiling!

I made some quick icons....because I was getting a bit nostalgic. I hope they aren't too bad. :P

swhj.pngcutee.png70815440.pnghj2.pnghjshw.pngkth1.pnglbhkth.pngshhj.pngshhj2.pngshhj3.pngshhj4.pngshhj5.pngshw.pngshwhj.png64097652.pngpcy.pngsw2t.png

If there is a particular scene that you want me to make you and avi of....let me know.

Guest plshikha

Seeing the preview ... when HJ ask abt phone call...Kim Tae hee's expression looks quite suspicious....

I think she is very well aware of some fact that is still secret....

you gotta be kidding me with that episode 18 preview, baeksan and sawoo being rescued, come on! now Hyung Jun will have to take on the entire IRIS, and with only 3 episodes left, no way do they fit in a happy ending

i gotta wonder, this drama has become a huge event, wonder if the last episode or eps 19 and 20 become a 2 hour movie...good bet that the ratings would be absolutely through the roof.

Guest joynara

Full Recap of Ep. 17 (scroll down to the blue dotted line for the 2nd half):

I've cut down on descriptions as it's taking too long, it's mostly translation of the dialogue.

Reprise from the ending of ep. 16

I'm terrible at describing scenes, esp. action scenes, so you'll just have to watch the first 10 min. for yourself. I'll just translate the intermittent lines.

@5:00 mark-- Breaking news. Gunmen armed with automatic rifles are exchanging fire at GwangHwaMun plaza and the casualties are mounting. All communications in the area are jammed and we have no confirmation of police force reaching the scene. But according to the government... [and I can't hear it any more, overlaps with the terrorists' dialogue]

Female terrorist: We go to GwangHwaMun as well.

@6:40 mark--

Female terrorist: We're in this to the end. / Hacker: Cap. / Terrorist #3: I'm in too.

@7:40 mark--

HyunJoon [to SeungHee]: TAKE COVER!

@8:30 mark-- [joynara: can't make out what HJ says, but the ladies retreat a few cars back while he places some hand grenades he got off a dead terrorist in the car next to Cap & the female terrorist. The explosion kills her, while Cap's taken out by the NSS men who have just arrived. His last words: 'Chosun InMin... (couldn't finish the 'Democratic People's Republic of Korea')]

=====================================================

@Blue House, Cabinet meeting-- President and Chief of Staff brief the Cabinet on the attack & some of the things they'd kept from them; terrorists were agents of the North, from a taskforce of the Workers' Party, but their attack was thwarted by the domestic intelligence agencies; while from the North, they weren't taking orders from Kim JungIl but from rebel forces in the army who were attempting to provoke a war, a coup in the North was being plotted alongside the terror attack in the South; confesses he was seeking a summit with the North & apologizes for keeping it from the Cabinet; the summit will have to be postponed but reaffirms his commitment. Afterward, press secretary lady calls someone to confirm the President hasn't changed his mind re: the summit.

======NSS=======================

@Conference room: Nat'l Security Advisor/Interim NSS Director has some harsh words for the NSS re: loss of credibility & inability to perform its duties/functions as intelligence agency; President worried & hopes NSS will get back on its feet soon; pins the corruption @NSS (the Director as traitor, HQs getting attacked) on no reforms/changes at the agency; finds it unacceptable, will remove all the rotten parts & strike at anyone who stands in the way (of changes/reforms). Parting shot: 'Get back to work.'

Forensic lab doctor less than thrilled with the interim director, gets into an argument with Mr. Glasses when he leaps into the director's defense. SangHyun not exactly enthusiastic either. Gets a call from someone who informs him HyunJoon is being interrogated at the (Korean) Central Intelligence Agency (KCIA), likewise for Baek San & Jin SaWoo. SeungHee wonders if she could see him, but SaH says let's wait for more news, the Blue House/President's also taking an active interest in him.

===Blue House===================

President asks Chief of Staff on the progress of the investigation into IRIS. CoS: In order to root out the members inside the Blue House & the government, Baek San has to talk but it's not easy. Not much has been uncovered re: the identity or influence of the organization. President fears if they can't find out who are pulling Baek San's strings behind the scenes, they will continue to plot against the summit. Asks about Kim HJ, told he's interrogated by the KCIA.

======KCIA==============================

[actual shot of the agency & its motto: 'dedication of anonymity towards freedom & truth')

Interrogator recapping HJ's travails since Chairman Yoon's assassination in Hungary--escape from Hungary thru Russia to Japan; met Kim SunHwa in Akita who then introduced him to Park ChulYoung, resulting in joining Park's terrorists in Shanghai. That was an act of betrayal against your country, why did you do it?

HJ: I was obsessed with the thought of taking revenge against the Republic of Korea & Director Baek San for abandoning me.

--in another room, SunHwa also interrogated-----

SunHwa: After failing to protect Chairman Yoon, I was summoned home, then jailed.

Interrogator: Then you were sent to Japan with orders to kill KHJ. After failing that mission, you state you stayed at the same house with KHJ, how is that possible? Then you stopped the terror attack with him, why so? Why shoot at your own comrades? Tell me. [sunHwa cries quietly.]

--back to HJ-------------------------------

Interrogator: Let's talk about Jin SaWoo then. You were best friends since the Special Forces unit. But he tried to kill you. When do you think he joined IRIS?

HJ: I don't know. / Interrogator: Is he really your friend? What do you know about Jin SW, Kim HJ? Tell me anything. [HJ's flashback to ep. 15-- SW: You were always like that. You never knew anything about me. What I suffered because of you, what I gave up because of you... you weren't even conscious. What does it matter, when (I joined IRIS)? What difference would it make now if you knew? I TRIED TO KILL YOU & YOU WEREN'T IN MY HEART AT THAT MOMENT!]

---SaWoo in a solitary room--------------------

Flashbacks-- SW: (to HJ) She's a colleague of my sunbae from hometown... god, I can't even speak, she's just my type & so unbelievably gorgeous. / HJ: (to Baek San) Why are you doing this to us? / Baek San: You were tested severely, but consider it a hazing ritual to join the NSS. / SW: (to HJ) You told me you met the love of your life. The one you met at the graduate school. / HJ: That's SeungHee. / SH: We became close after he joined the NSS, the day we went to the Deputy Director's house. / HJ: That was the first time we kissed. / SW: (to HJ) I'm sorry. It's an order. If you were in my shoes... / SangHyun: (to SW) Do you know what really scares me? That I dragged you to the NSS. You weren't just a hoobae from hometown, you were like a younger brother... / SW: Stop it. / SaH: Tell me. Why are you acting like this? Who are you, what are you doing this for? / HJ: (to SW) Tell me right now. Since when? When you aimed at me in Hungary, who were you then? IRIS? Or my friend? / SH: (to SW) What difference does it make if you bare your heart now? What changes if I understand you? Even if HJ forgives you, I will never forgive you.

============================

Chief of Staff & HJ on their way to the Blue House. HJ having flashbacks to the gunfight as they pass thru GwangHwaMun, CoS comments on how peaceful it is as if nothing took place, can't even imagine what might have happened had the bomb gone off; commends HJ on having thwarted it, says it more than makes up for his part in Chairman Yoon's assassination or the terrorists' attack of the NSS.

---Blue House-----------------

President comments on owing his life twice to HJ; they might have avoided a big crisis but still a lot to do ahead; trying to complete HJ's list of IRIS members but not easy; wishing HJ could help them do that, though he realizes what a request it is after the nightmares HJ's just been through; but if they can't uncover IRIS, the President's plans may go down the drain; right now, HJ's the one who got the closest to the organization.

HJ: I have a favor to ask of you. / President: What is it? Anything you want, tell me.

======KCIA==================================

Interrogator: If you need my help, just press the button. [leaves room]

Baek San: You must have a lot to say. Don't waste time, just begin. Shall I go first? You met Dr Yoo JungHoon, and you opened my files at the NSS classified info room, so you probably know much about me. As you may know, I killed your parents. I killed them, not knowing the reason, just following orders from the organization.

HJ: Was the organization IRIS?

Baek: Eventually yes, but I didn't know what IRIS was at the time. Just as you killed Yoon SungChul by my orders, I too thought it was an order from the government & the NSS. But you see... that order included eliminating you as well. I violated that order... and kept you alive.

HJ: Why? Why did you spare my life?

Baek: Let's see... sometimes we just do what we want, don't we? Your life... ran the way I dictated it. I'm the one who prolonged your existence to this point, when it should have ended sooner.

HJ: If you raised me as such... why did you abandon me?

Baek: That story... means disclosing the organization to which I belong. It's a secret I must carry to my grave.

HJ: [shoves off the table, knocking Baek down then lunges at him before being pulled off by the KCIA agents] TELL ME! WHY DID YOU CHOOSE ME, THEN ABANDON ME? TELL ME? [interrogator orders Baek be taken away.]

Baek: Ah... I'll tell you one thing. You bit the forbidden fruit, so you got punished. The life that I'd planned for you forbade it.

Interrogator: I don't think you're in any state to meet Jin SaWoo right now.

HJ: [tries to pull himself together] No, I'm ok... I'm ok. / Interrogator: Bring Jin SW.

-------------------------------

SW: [on seeing HJ, to interrogator] What's this? / Interrogator: Kim HJ wanted to see you.

SW: [beat] I don't have anything to say. Let's go. / HJ: SaWoo!

SW: [looks at him as tears fall down his face] If you believed even just for one moment our friendship was genuine... then don't make me feel more wretched than I already do. I beg you. [To interrogator] I beg you.

====================================================

===Interrogation room, North Korea===================

One of the coup leaders (Lee TaeJoon) hauled in; ChulYoung's right-hand man hands over Lee's statement, which CY rips off after a perusal. Tells Lee he recalls he thwarted a coup d'etat by an Army corps in 1995; whereas this time around, nobody suspected anything until the last minute. Argues this was only possible because Yeon GiHoon & Lee were the key players in the coup. Asks him point-blank: 'Are you IRIS?' Lee denies, 'I don't even know what that is.' CY: I'll ask again, who else in the republic receives orders from IRIS? / Lee: I don't know what you're talking about. / CY: The way you tremble makes you look like a wet puppy. You're going to die anyway, isn't it shameful you're resisting this much? If I were you, I would die with my dignity intact. I'll ask you for the last time. Who take orders from IRIS in the republic?

----Outside----------------------

CY: (to right-hand man) What about Kim SunHwa? / RHM: We've just been informed she'll be released thanks to the intervention of the South Korean President. She won't be able to avoid a reprimand when she returns, would she? / CY: We'll have to try & stop it.

===KCIA============================

HJ: (to KCIA agent) Can we have a private moment, please?

Agent: We have to leave soon. Keep it short. (leaves room)

HJ: (to SunHwa) You could have stayed here, or gone to a third country.

SuH: I know you talked to the President on my behalf. But I want to return north.

HJ: You don't have anybody there... not your mother, not your sister.

SuH: It's the same here. Feels like yesterday I was chasing you in Akita in the blizzard... I'll never forget the taste of the buttered coffee you made for me in the mountains. Can I ask a favor? When I think about it... you never called my name.

HJ: (steps forward to hug her) If it weren't for you, I'd never have come this far. Thanks for being there for me... SunHwa. (SuH starts to cry quietly.)

---Outside KCIA---------------------

HJ & SuH share one last handshake, and one last nod before she steps into the car taking her back north.

SunHwa's flashbacks-- CY's voice: It's your last chance for survival; he's in Japan right now. Get him. / SuH: Why are you doing this for me? I've come here to kill you. Why? / HJ: What's your reason? [can't make out his next sentence] / HJ: Don't try so hard for me any more.

Back @the KCIA, the chief interrogator hands over a letter from Baek San to HJ: 'He says your parents were cremated & their ashes scattered over BukHanGang (North Han River). He asked that I deliver this to you [apparently letter has the location details].'

===NSS===================================

Hacker girl pops in for a visit at the forensic lab. Doctor upset, says he can't work with the interim director any more. Why? Because he blocked all access to his favorite stock exchange sites. Begs MiJeong to hack into the servers, but she refuses, says she'll never do any such thing again w/o authorization. Follows her out like a puppy begging for scraps, when they run into HJ who just showed up. Huge greetings & welcome back. Doctor tells him he knew he wouldn't have an easy life, but never could he have imagined it'd be so dramatic. More cheers & greetings from the rest of the staff, ie. SangHyun, geeky guy/TaeSung, SeungHee's friend. SeungHee's just as surprised, but observes him quietly with a huge smile on her face. Her friend comments what a shame it is an NSS agent can't control her emotions ('your face says I love you, KHJ'). SangHyun takes him to the director's office. Interim director less than thrilled to have him back at the NSS, despite the presidential pardon. SaH defends him: 'He was our best agent, and stopped the terror attack...' Director cuts him off, 'but he was in it too, wasn't he?' Mr Glasses suggests director take some time to think it over (ie. having HJ back). Outside the office, SaH comforts HJ, director's hard to please & everyone's having a tough time; we have a lot to catch up, but take some time off for now, will tell others to give you some space. TaeSung comes over to relay a message from SeungHee, meet her in the NSS' only blind spot.

----Outside the NSS----------------------

SeungHee's flashbacks-- SH: Don't worry about it, this is the only spot with no CCTV. / HJ: Ah... then what is it you need to tell me in private? / SH: (drops the honorifics) Kim HJ, do I look like a pushover to you? Or does the NSS strike you as ridiculous? I'm your boss, and don't forget the NSS doesn't tolerate any intra-office relationships. / HJ: Do you know why I joined the NSS? The reason I chose the NSS is because this complex & dangerous organization looked very simple to me. I figured, if I stake my life, I could keep doing jobs I enjoy and I believe I'm destined to. From the moment I saw you in that lecture room, I never thought you were a pushover. And this isn't a joke.

---Present--------------------

HJ: (formal) Anything you want to say in private? (informal) What were you thinking?

SeH: Old times, when I brought you here for the first time. 'The reason I chose the NSS is because this complex & dangerous organization looked very simple to me. I figured, if I stake my life, I could keep doing jobs I enjoy and I believe I'm destined to.' That's what you told me, remember? (HJ nods.) Do you feel the same?

HJ: I don't know. / SeH: I think I said the wrong thing. They told me the KCIA interrogated you. Let's get you some rest. You look really tired.

====SeungHee's home==========================

SeH apologizes for the mess [joynara: looks fine to me], gets dinner going. HJ hugs her from behind.

HJ: I never imagined we could share a moment like this again. And I keep fearing I'm going to wake up from this.

SeH: Dreams are what you went through in the past. This moment is your plain reality. It'll never disappear, so rest easy.

-----Later---------------

Dinner's ready, but HJ has fallen asleep on the sofa. SeH tries to wake him at first, then just watches over.

====Hacker girl's flast================

Vick won't explain his injuries (from HJ's gunshot in ep. 16). Pulls her for a hug, asks for a favor.

====Blue House====================

Chief of Staff reports no progress with the investigation on Baek San. No further disclosure on hidden IRIS members either; those on HJ's list have already left the country. CoS suggests changing the direction of the investigation, maybe transfer Baek San et al. to a different location & have them interrogated by an agency other than the KCIA. Press Secretary asks, if different location, where else? CoS: well, we should look for some place secure & well-guarded. Yet another North Korean delegation visit is also expected; summit's been postponed to the middle of next month. President requests due attention to all details.

=====NSS==============================

TaeSung notices how antsy MiJeong is today. She heads over to the forensic lab to grant the doctor's request (to hack into the servers) but asks for his ID card so she can get into the server rooms.

----Director's office-------------------------

Director informs SangHyun the KCIA has sent over the transfer & convoy details of Baek San et al.; class-A confidential information so keep it to yourself. SaH: Anything we have to do? / Director: I don't intend the NSS to get involved until the transfer's completed. Asks for Kim HJ, says Blue House has requested that he be included in the investigation after the transfer. SaH: Might not be easy, I've given him some time off to rest. Director doesn't mind, as he's not keen on the idea anyway.

====SeungHee's=================

Morning, HJ hasn't moved from the couch & slowly wakes up. House empty, but SeH comes in. Says he's slept for over 33 hours. Tried to wake him a few times, to no avail. Asks if he's hungry (he is), will cook for him. Wonders how he could have slept for so long. HJ: I think it's because I didn't have any nightmares. Since I left Hungary, I never could sleep for more than 2 hrs. Even asleep, I would have terrible nightmares. SH: You should feel grateful. I prayed you don't have any nightmares. Says she took some time off for a short break, suggests a mini-trip. Where? Any place where he could get some rest. HJ's sold, but they need to stop by some place before they leave.

====MiJeong's flat======================

Vick has lit candles & got some wine to show his appreciation. (The remainder of the scene takes place in parallel with HJ & SeH's visit to BukHanGang, his parents' resting place.) MJ hands over the USB from the NSS servers. Vick leans over for a kiss, then snaps her neck. Finishes his glass. Freeze-frame on Vick & HJ.

Guest joynara

Episode 17 (Wed 9 Dec)

Another interesting detail-- Yesterday's 37.2% is the highest ratings for a Wed-Thurs drama (on any network) since 2005. Record holder is the late Choi JinShil's My Rosy Life (Aug-Nov 2005), which was the last time a Wed-Thurs drama pulled in over 40% (MRL's highest ep. @47%).

Woot! I'm so excited about the rating. I've only seen the gunfight scene for ep 17 but boy is it epic! For me, it feels like movie quality editing, rather than television editing. I think it's so rewarding for the actors to get such high ratings and finally take on the Queen. I hope they keep building all the way through the final episode.

Anyway, I have to get back to watching. TvAnts totally failed me today so i am catching up very late today.

And thanks Joynara for the recap. I'm so tempted to just read your recap before I watch the actual episode, but I don't want to spoil myself. But I'm tickled that I get to read it right after I finish. Yay!

Guest badhairday8

Episode 17 (Wed 9 Dec)

Wow....thanks for the ratings. I'm glad that the ratings continue to climb.... come IRIS, break 40%!!!!

I've got a question. Or maybe hoping for someone to give me some spoilers?? Lol.

In around which episode does Hyun Joon and Seung Hee get back together as a couple??? You know, after Hyun Joon was left to die in Hungary. And how did they actually get back together?

Thanks! :)

IRIS Episode 17

Duckload

http://duckload.com/download/283401/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.001

http://duckload.com/download/283404/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.002

http://duckload.com/download/283409/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.003

http://duckload.com/download/283415/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.004

http://duckload.com/download/283418/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.005

http://duckload.com/download/283427/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.006

http://duckload.com/download/283432/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.007

http://duckload.com/download/283434/IRIS.E...viD-HAN.avi.008

Hotfile

http://hotfile.com/dl/20114312/c02e842/IRI...AN.avi.001.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20114504/b60aa5b/IRI...AN.avi.002.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20114559/dfbeb3e/IRI...AN.avi.003.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20114738/d41fc28/IRI...AN.avi.004.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20114932/53d817e/IRI...AN.avi.005.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20115166/b853bb4/IRI...AN.avi.006.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20115321/596c987/IRI...AN.avi.007.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/20115346/bcebd4a/IRI...AN.avi.008.html

Hamstershare

http://hamstershare.com/dload/953b2113ec85...e440c69ecc4ff80

http://hamstershare.com/dload/fd53063d892b...1e6a91bcf4bd990

http://hamstershare.com/dload/0f86b1f29b2f...e8a4fa4cda63ece

http://hamstershare.com/dload/0553046f5395...e1b9983c25d52b7

http://hamstershare.com/dload/7528d92bc9fd...5abe0aa66490d5c

http://hamstershare.com/dload/8b6fd88cafd1...36ff57b21f0467c

http://hamstershare.com/dload/46fed5ea9a10...b7eb2578b60ba8d

http://hamstershare.com/dload/950ca06fb2a2...cd0e73edc25890f

I've got a question. Or maybe hoping for someone to give me some spoilers?? Lol.

In around which episode does Hyun Joon and Seung Hee get back together as a couple??? You know, after Hyun Joon was left to die in Hungary. And how did they actually get back together?

Thanks! :)

technically it was episode 16, on thursday last week :rolleyes:

but in order to appreciate that "reunion" scene you must watch the previous episodes, it builds up that scene

really well with dramatic cliffhangers :o:P

Archived