[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Guest badhairday8

Did anyone notice the statue today? 3 statues so far and they all look very similar. All are of a "goddess" (All shown when Seunghee is involved. (1) Akita. (2) Rescuing Seunghee. (3) this with Seunghee. Plus Iris is a goddess.). :unsure:

------------------------------

Found a clip of Juni performing her song (Empty):

Wow... good job piecing all that together.. however,I'm not remember the rescuing SH part. You are definitely onto something.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone notice the statue today? 3 statues so far and they all look very similar. All are of a "goddess" (All shown when Seunghee is involved. (1) Akita. (2) Rescuing Seunghee. (3) this with Seunghee. Plus Iris is a goddess.). :unsure:

Interesting thoughts, however, the statue was also in a scene with HJ and SeonHwa in Akita, so not only with CSH.

Also... even though Iris is a goddess in Greek mythology, in this drama Iris is an evil international spy ring, so where does that leave CSH?

Guest Lilazinprincess

1) Akita. Original scene was with HJ and CSH. The scene with Sunhwa was a recollection
HJ had about CSH (he remembered the "legend" that she told him
(which if we think about it that is his current situation). HJ refused to tell Sunhwa the story remember?
[img]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8472/irisep3130147.jpg[/img]

2) BS called the mysterious person asking for the release of CSH. (Lily says "look at the wings and paintings.")
[img]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2648/irisep13130058.jpg[/img]

3) HJ with CSH. Later with her "disappearances" and iffy excuses.
[img]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2555/irisep18045432.jpg[/img]

As for the meaning of Iris, yes, the most obvious is its association with the mythical Greek goddess Iris (goddess of the sea and sky). But it is also the fleur-de-lis
(a well known political (historically with the French and the Crusades) symbol > monarch = organization = regime).
In some cases it also symbolizes wisdom, promise of love, and death (the goddess Iris would lead the souls of women into heaven.)
Elysian fields, the place where Iris would lead these women and souls.
Symbolically it is the grave site for the "heroes" (whom Iris thought was worthy).
Hmmm...who's a hero in this drama? Hmm...

[/codebox]

Guest celena8899

awwwww...i seriously had like major tears in my eyes when i saw KSY's character departing back to NK. that was one amazing performance between KSY and LBH! that chemistry right there was just wonderfully acted out. i think if i was LBH's character, at that moment, i too would have felt something for KSY. maybe not like love love, but someone that i'll never ever forget in my life.

i think it's smart for writers to do iris season 2 with a completely different storyline, because I feel that this storyline with IRIS vs. NSS can only be done with LBH in the cast. And the thing is that since IRIS is such a mysterious international organization, it would not be out of line for them to create another storyline where IRIS was wreaking havoc in another place in the world or within another organization (i mean supposedly IRIS controls everything right? from politics to finances to whatever, so technically the material is endless).

I remember reading that the IRIS writers want to make this time slot synonymous w/ IRIS so it may be that they're going to keep having different seasons (as long as the drama stays popular) and then maybe a few seasons down in the end they'll finally bring everything full circle.

and wow can i just say that LBH has the hottest English ever? Like.... serious. He PWNS other Hallyu stars in that foreign language department.

Also, one thing that I'm curious about is. You know how BaekSan told HJ that the reason why he was the one picked to be sacrificed was because he tasted the forbidden fruit or something like that? I mean to me that seems like a freaking obvious hint/warning. And HJ being like semi-genius at this spy stuff didn't figure out that BaekSan is referring to CSH and still went on a jejudo vacation w/ her?

Guest celena8899

i think it's smart for writers to do iris season 2 with a completely different storyline, because I feel that this storyline with IRIS vs. NSS can only be done with LBH in the cast. And the thing is that since IRIS is such a mysterious international organization, it would not be out of line for them to create another storyline where IRIS was wreaking havoc in another place in the world or within another organization (i mean supposedly IRIS controls everything right? from politics to finances to whatever, so technically the material is endless).

I remember reading that the IRIS writers want to make this time slot synonymous w/ IRIS so it may be that they're going to keep having different seasons (as long as the drama stays popular) and then maybe a few seasons down in the end they'll finally bring everything full circle.

and wow can i just say that LBH has the hottest English ever? Like.... serious. He PWNS Rain and all other Hallyu stars in that foreign language department.

sorry that i cut some of your post, but i agree with what you said. it would be a brilliant idea to do a new story but still involve IRIS....though that means the new actors/actresses will need to put their best game to the stage, because the current IRIS cast is really KICKING BUTTS! each and everyone of their acting is really good and convincing. even for an actress like kim tae hee who got bad criticisms before proved that she can improve and be accepted as an actress. cause i think she plays her character quite well...

as for LBH's english, he just rocks like no other korean actors with his flawless english skills. he's accent is barely even there. not only a good actor, but he's just smart in general. knows how to pick a good script and use his talent to show the audience that he's a competence individual. GO LBH!

ksy is another surprising actress, i knew she was a good actress since i saw her in 4 sisters, but in IRIS, she totally rocks the spy/assassin look. but like every human, she too has feelings, and when it especially comes to love, you can't control but fall deeply. but she's a woman that sticks to her personality. she can love someone deeply, but she will never let those feelings to fail who she is. her character doesn't turn into something moppy but even stronger. she is the best ally lbh can ever ask for :P

Guest turbogor

and wow can i just say that LBH has the hottest English ever? Like.... serious. He PWNS other Hallyu stars in that foreign language department.

Lee Byung Hun speaking in English during an interview about GI Joe.

Its amazing how his English is compared to all the other Korean actors/actresses! :D

Guest xSoaPiE

As for the meaning of Iris, yes, the most obvious is its association with the mythical Greek goddess Iris (goddess of the sea and sky). But it is also the fleur-de-lis
(a well known political (historically with the French and the Crusades) symbol > monarch = organization = regime).
In some cases it also symbolizes wisdom, promise of love, and death (the goddess Iris would lead the souls of women into heaven.)
Elysian fields, the place where Iris would lead these women and souls.
Symbolically it is the grave site for the "heroes" (whom Iris thought was worthy).
Hmmm...who's a hero in this drama? Hmm...

[/codebox]

Sorry for the cut, but Woww...if the writers use the Elysian fields thing..then I can see SH killing BH D: Nuuu

The Greek goddess Iris is a messenger between the Heaven, Earth, and Hell (Ahem spy anyone?) The flower Fleur-de-lis (Iris) is also the symbol of the secret society that controls the world in The Da Vinci Code LOl. The society in that book are also goddess worshipers. I would say the goddess statues are probably both a hint and a motif. I remember that they paused on the angel statue during the Mr Black/Bae San call way too long for it to mean nothing. I'm starting to really think that is CSH is Mr. Black's daughter. But I don't think she was a willing/knowing participant in the scheme.

Sighhh. Its really going to be over next week! This sucks T__T

Guest celena8899

i know, i can't believe it will end next week. i kind of wish that the PD would suddenly add like two more eps or something. i feel like the last two eps will be really intense, but still be a little rushed. hopefully season 2 will explain a little more though the stories doesn't connect.

Guest kaitagsd

theres a few inconsistencies if csh is really iris

- who tried to blow her up in hungary?

- when she met hj at the nuclear bomb construction factory thing (the first time they get to talk to each other under normal circumstances again), she didnt know what iris is. shes been questioning sa woo's identity as well.

- we only started seeing her being "weird" after they spent the night together in ep 18, when she received that call

- she has been displaying true feelings throughout the whole drama

of course, the above few points can be consistent, because we know that even csh was surprised she would be released from the terrorists after being injected with the truth serum

Guest mikeychowster

Hello people, I'm new to the forums.

Anyways I have found a plot hole from episode 10 and 11 when the Terrorist Team invades NSS.

Remember back in Episode 2 the Counter-Terrorist Chief said this to Sa Woo.

camerat.jpg

So how did the NSS security not see this? Or perhaps the security guys were being lazy.

Anyways lets see how many times Kim Hyun Joon revealed his face to the cameras in NSS.

hj1.png

Kim Hyun Joon right after the parking lot.

hj2c.jpg

Kim Hyun Joon's first attempt in trying to get Baeksan's fingerprint.

hj3.jpg

Kim Hyun Joon talking to Kim Sun Hwa by Choi Seung Hee's working area.

hj4n.jpg

Kim Hyun Joon talking to the terrorist leader and then moves to another room/area and puts NSS in lock-down.

Now, for those of you who may think "Well...NSS cameras couldn't capture Hyun Joon's face because the server was down" Then check this out.

sunhwa1.jpg

Terrorist hacker said its separate system in the next dialogue.

sh1vj.jpg

Seung Hee caught on camera!

hj5.jpg

Hyun Joon finally gets Baeksan's fingerprints.

sh2.jpg

Seung Hee following Hyun Joon in basement 3 area. This camera definitely must have caught Hyun Joon's face which will be explained a few screenshots below.

Episode 11

cutew.jpg

Look at the cute game they are playing! (just kidding) But seriously, where is that dead terrorist that Hyun Joon shot earlier? He did die right in front of that door.

smileka.jpg

Smile for the camera, Hyun Joon!

smileforthecamera.jpg

I think either one of those are the cameras in basement 3 but I could be wrong.

wtfnyw.jpg

Where did these guys come from? Scrolling a few seconds back, they look like they've just walked out of Baeksan's information vault room.

comecloser.jpg

Of course these guys will eventually leave and they walk towards the camera! (The camera in the screenshot before episode 11 with Seung Hee following Hyun Joon)

I also have other stuff that I picked out with other possible plot holes and quite a bit of bad filming/filming mistakes if anyone is interested.

Hope you enjoyed this. =)

Guest mikeychowster

- when she met hj at the nuclear bomb construction factory thing (the first time they get to talk to each other under normal circumstances again), she didnt know what iris is. shes been questioning sa woo's identity as well.

- we only started seeing her being "weird" after they spent the night together in ep 18, when she received that call

of course, the above few points can be consistent, because we know that even csh was surprised she would be released from the terrorists after being injected with the truth serum

-It was Sa Woo who planted the bomb in Hungary. Seung Hee stated that she received a call from Sa Woo and that the car she was in was going to blow up episode 16.

-If Seung Hee was really in IRIS, she would've killed Hyun Joon back in episode 3 when Hyun Joon randomly snuck in to her hotel room. The purpose of the assassination mission was of course to assassinate Chairman Yoon and to have Hyun Joon dead so he does not get caught by the North Korean Agents

So, I wasn't going to comment on this thread until the drama was over but ................ I can't resist.

I can't believe the hacker girl tied .... That was the last thing I expected ....

And the President's advisor too ... Is it advisor? Whatever .... it was just crazy .....

And how Seunghee is part of IRIS. Wtf .............

I can't wait until the last two episodes ... >.<

i have a very strong feeling CSH's dad or someone related to her is the IRIS head -0-

i feel like he's the one who's been protecting her bc she's his daughter (that is, if my hunches are correct lol)

either that or as Sunhwa said, CSH is in danger as she's somehow involved with IRIS :o

does anyone else think this?!

This is my opinion.. . . If you happen to see the Movie Shiri. . . CSH will be given the ultimate task to kill the President. . . .and of course KHJ should saved him. . .in the process He will be forced or no choice but to kill CSH. . . .hope he could spare her. . .I love the couple. . .

all your ideas are great . . .this drama really makes a difference. . . IRIS fighting !!!!

Silent reader here but I couldn't resist posting after watching this additional scene.. someone posted a link here to the youtube video which contained the additional kissing scene between HJ and SH in episode 16..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w5l52JA-nE

If you continue watching, you'll find a scene which many of us have been waiting for: explanation on how SH got out of the car (before it exploded) in Budapest in FLASHBACKS! I found it really feeble when watching the cut version - such an important explanation was just deduced to a one-liner, was kinda disappointed. Too bad the video on youtube is not complete, I really wanted to know how SH got out and what happened thereafter.

Hopefully the official dvd will contain all the uncut scenes.

I'm a total IRIS addict and really upset that it's coming to an end. I'm dreading what is coming up in the next 2 eps - please let everything be good >.<

And I'm totally in love with the LBH & KTH couple! They have such great chemistry that I wish they'd get married in real life already, haha.. the scene in SH's house in episode 17 totally made me cry buckets - where HJ after seeing the framed picture of him and SH holding hands in Akita hugged SH from behind..they have definitely come a long way..

Great acting by all the actors..though the drama is not flawless, I'm so engaged by the storyline and the acting that the flaws doesn't really matter.. Go IRIS!

@mickeychowster: I believe NSS couldn't view the CCTV footages as they were all tampered and/or deleted by the terrorists before they left because they took over the whole system - I think it was addressed in episode 12..

Guest Lilazinprincess

Hello people, I'm new to the forums.

Anyways I have found a plot hole from episode 10 and 11 when the Terrorist Team invades NSS.

Remember back in Episode 2 the Counter-Terrorist Chief said this to Sa Woo.

This is my opinion.. . . If you happen to see the Movie Shiri. . . CSH will be given the ultimate task to kill the President. . . .and of course KHJ should saved him. . .in the process He will be forced or no choice but to kill CSH. . . .hope he could spare her. . .I love the couple. . .

all your ideas are great . . .this drama really makes a difference. . . IRIS fighting !!!!

Hey everyone. I'm glad to see some new faces in here. Please don't be shy and join the discussion! Let's rack our brains out. :lol: This is definitely the one main reason why I enjoy IRIS. I'm sick and tired of watching dramas/movies where I can predict everything within the first few episodes. It's like come on can you at least make me think? Occasionally IRIS does fall under that category but it still lets me think most of the time. : :rolleyes:

1) Let's hope she wasn't lying to him. She seems oblivious and unaware of most things.

2) Just like when the Terrorist Group and HJ sneaked into SK via the pier route, the NK tech guy was able to enable and disable the CCTV whenever he wanted. So...he enabled it during the raid at NSS so he could observe the whereabouts of everyone as well as any potential break ins but I'm sure he disabled and erased everything afterwards.

3) IRIS has been said to be an adaptation of the movie Shiri. I'm just hoping that it doesn't match the ending too much if you know what I mean. :blink:

4) Ep.18 kissing scene *squeal*. I want to see the OCN version for that. :D

---------------------------------------

Also the news sites have been booming with the possibility of many other Hallyu stars joining IRIS. It's funny to read how many of them suggested actors like Song Seung Hun and So Ji Sup to take the lead role instead of Kwon Sang Woo (high five to that) and actresses like Ha Ji Won and Son Ye Jin to take the lead female role. Let's hope they can wrap things up somewhat nicely this season and start all over with season 2.

Archived