[variety 2008] Coming Out 커밍아웃

Guest HappyKrman

Guest klazyflip

post removed by moderator

Completely unnecessary. If you are going to say something as offensive as that, you should probably just keep it to yourself. If you really think that looking down on people is a good thing, then maybe you should try being looked down upon first before saying that. Please don't comment about things you do not know. And about your comment on hereditary... I've also read about that, but you shouldn't crucify someone just because they are different than you! Things happen for a reason, so I'll just take it as your comment opening people's eyes on how narrow minded people can be. Put yourself in someone else's shoes first before you say anything harsh about them. Try to understand people who are different from you just as how we are TRYING to understand your point of view and look for a logical reason for it.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MiSsNaNa

lol

they aren't really doing anything - I doubt that during the shooting anything really happened either

as I said, korean ratings are really overdone ~.~

ADDED A LITTLE MORE TO THE TRANSLATION

--------------------------------------------------------

ep 1

the normal writing is what is being said, the things in the []s are writing that comes out on the screen

I might not do all of the []s because it gets really confusing ^^;; I'll only do it if it's important

usually it's just a repeat of what's being said

I use the word "gay" more than "homosexual" because this is centered on gays rather than lesbians, and because gay is easier to type ^^;;;;

it kind of makes the way I translate sound rude, but the fact that I’m actually translating this shows that I’m not homophobic - this took me a long time T_T so I’m sorry if I sound offensive

oh, and a lot of the translations are not direct but just the general gist - I’m sorry if it sounds awkward T_T;; I’m supposed to be doing a project right now so I’m not fully focused

I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY TYPOS, GRAMMATICAL ERROS, OR SPELLING MISTAKES. I NORMALLY USE BETTER ENGLISH BUT IT’S REALLY HARD LISTENING, TRANSLATING IT IN MY HEAD AND TYPING IT OUT

00:15 [Gay Project: Coming Out]

00:18 There has never been a program like this.

[First Korean gay project]

00:22 The story of men who oppose forbidden love.

00:25 Although --(who he's talking about isn't stated so I don't know if it's him who thinks that or someone else) said that you must stone them to death,

["Stone them to death!"]

00:27 The gay who has finally come out to the world, his face is revealed.

[The gay who stands confidently in front of the world, revealing his face!]

00:31 Will you be coming out?

00:34 The gay project, Coming Out, is starting now!

00:39 [19+ rating announcement]

00:42 [tvN Gay Project <Coming Out> is a program designed to encourage gay people to come out and change the public opinion and attitude towards sexual orientation minorities.]

00:53 [----- Program, Fresh or a shock? (title is cut off)]

00:55 The people everyone knew, but what everyone banned - the gays. It's no longer something to be ignored.

01:05 Korea's first gay project, Coming Out. It created a big issue even before production started.

01:12 Hong : I don't get why people think that it's so extreme. (not a direct translation but just the general meaning)

[i'm really really anticipating this.]

01:18 A brave shout for the rights of sexual orientation minorities, is now starting.

01:20 The gay project Coming Out, finally their secrets are being revealed.

01:33 [shouting out to the world, actor Hong Suk-Chun][The woman who's confident in front of everyone, actor Jung Kyung-Soon]

01:43 A kiss with the one you love makes you feel happy/excited. But how about a kiss between gay people? Most people will think of it as shocking. But it's undeniable that there are homosexual people in this world and suffer because of that love. Coming Out is the first program in Korea to deal with the forbidden topic, gay love. We will pull them out from the shadows into the light. In order to do that, they must be ready to come out. But coming out for them could be a gamble with their life.

02:29 People feel fear and disgust at what they don't understand. It's the same concept for how people view gays. How do average people think about gays?

02:39 Hong : I end up thinking that they're gross... / I don't think there's a problem with guys liking guys and girls liking girls. / I think it's wrong for people to be like that. / I just dislike it for no reason. They're disgusting.

02:52 [the year 2000, Hong's coming out interview] There's no difference between the me before coming out and the me now.

02:58 Eight years ago, Hong, the actor who was popular for his metrosexual image, came out and received the cold stares of the public. [because the object of disdain in one day] He was kicked off TV programs and lost his friends and colleagues one by one - what was the reason for his coming out?

03:14 Hong : I'm not dirty and the person I love is not dirty, so why should we have to hide it?

03:23 [After his coming out, the word used to describe him, gay] Eight years later, Hong talks at universities about the rights of gays. He says that the public attitude on gays have changed, but the two sides of understanding and disgust are still tense.

03:38 Minister Jo Un-Jin : Homosexuality is opposed by God and thus is a subject of disgust.

03:44 Minister Hwang Pil-Gyoo : If you come out you receive that much pain, and suffer because of homophobia. Some are attacked by homophobes and some even die. Catholicism cannot just ignore this either.

04:03 Gays are attempting to come out in all areas of society. It especially happens in the conservative environment of the army, but the rights of gays are being totally ignored.

04:17 A guy who came out : When I first came out, I suffered a lot for 1~2 weeks. People would just call me and hit me, make dirty jokes, mock me..

04:28 On weekends, Ee-Tae-Won and Jong-Ro are packed with gays to avoid the stares and seek shelter in their own space. Coming out is an extremely risky thing for them as they could lose everything.

04:37 After I came out I got threatened a lot, threatened that they'd resort to bad things if I didn't do things with them(I'm guessing that straight guys threatened to hurt him if he didn't do sexual favours - not so clear on this one). We're scared to report them to the police because that would mean our names would get out. Only those who already came out can sue them. We can't even ask people for help or advice because that would mean we'd have to come out to them. Then we would start worrying about what they think of us..

05:11 To them, coming out is a once-in-their-lifetime gamble.

05:20 Coming out is the biggest problem for gays. It means that they accept their sexuality and by telling others,, it makes them more confident. This program supports coming out. Gays are no longer special, they could be anyone - your family, siblings, and friends.

05:54 For the first time in Korea, we have someone who will try to come out on TV. Our first guest, willing to face the world and its taboo, who could it be?

06:09 Jung : Our first hour of tvN Coming Out. We have a 100% real gay here who is coming out on TV for the first time in Korea.

Hong : He must have thought it over for a long time to come out on television, and we’d like to applaud his courage and resolution for making this decision.

Jung : The man who is the main character of today could be your family, your sibling, your friend. Watch closely. Gay project, Coming Out! I introduce our first guest.

[For the first time! A 100% real situation!]

Jung : Hello, it’s nice to meet you.

Hong : Thank you (for coming).

Jung : You know that your close ones could be shocked and hurt by your coming out; you’d know better than me. It would have taken a lot of courage to come here like this,. I’ll first ask an important question: Are you gay?

??? : Yes, I’m a homosexual who loves men.

Hong : This is a harder question than you think, so we thank you for answering confidently. What is your reason for revealing your sexual orientation to the world?

??? : I’m doing a different love than other people but people only see the difference and ignore the fact that my love is love too. I’m also a normal person who loves and wanted to show people that I’m not different from them, that I’m a person too.

Jung : You have a strong resolve to come out. If you come out now, all of Korea will know who you are. Are you really ready for this? I’ll ask a few questions to check.

??? : Okay.

08:29 Hong: After you come out, the people around you may ignore you or you may even be attacked by homophobes. Have you thought enough about this fact?

??? : Yes, I’ve thought over it a lot and even if it becomes like that, it’s my burden to bear.

ooo thanks for the translation =d

i've been wanting to watch this but it's really pointless when i can't understand a word

Guest corazoncomplicando

thanks for that. this just shows how korea is becoming more 'westernized' and 'open' to other things.

Guest Angxizzle

welcome to the 21th century yup i must agree. they should have a show like this for people to be more open-minded

or at least see what it is like for gay people. im not gay or whatever,but i would watch this show,it looks interesting to watch.

Guest babystar*

this thread is jst causing bashing

about the homosexuality

most people here are agreeing to disagree

we should jst hav positive thoughts.

for all those people who are saying

'OMG~~~ SO BAD AHH OMG NO NO!~

js leave.

im pretty sure this show is to js make people

ACCEPT homsexuailty not to make them BECOME HOMOSEXUAL.

think before you speak.

i dono who was the one that said, 'this is going to giv the guys idea to become gay?"

that was the dumbest richard simmons yet.

i don get where u get those ideas.

anyways -- back to topic.

i hope people in korea start to accept it.

i mean, they do hav alot of.. whats it called when girls become guys and vice versa.

i agree wit some people that korea is kinda prideful at times

hopefullly, this show will open doors and they will js accept it. it's nothing gross.

its not their fault they're in love wit the same sex. love is blind.

does anyone know if episode 1 is on youtube yet? veoh is not working for me ><

Guest understanding_fiction

커밍아웃 동성애 '공개결혼식' 방송

36582_33590_11.jpg

<사진=캐이블채널 tvN '커밍아웃'>

오는 26일 방송되는 케이블채널 tvN '커밍아웃'에서 두 쌍의 동성애자 커플들을 소개하고, 이 중 커플 한 쌍의 결혼식을 공개한다는 사실이 밝혀지며 네티즌들 사이에서 화제를 모으고 있다.

이날 방송에는 각 커플에서 대표 한 명씩이 출연해 자신들의 이야기를 직접 전한다.

공개 결혼식의 주인공은 나유정씨(실명)와 김경준씨(가명)로, 두 사람은 남남 커플 동거 사이트에서 만나 1년째 동거 중이다.

동거를 통해 둘 만의 사랑을 확인한 나유정-김경준 커플은 서로를 평생의 동반자로 맞이할 결혼을 결심했다고 밝힌다.

짧지만 결혼을 위한 준비를 마친 나유정 커플은 동거 1년여 만에 야외에서 꿈에 그리던 결혼식을 올린다.

tvN '커밍아웃'은 기본적으로 동성애자들이 성 정체성을 드러내는 일을 지원함으로써 성적 소수자에 대한 인식변화와 권익신장을 목표로 하는 프로그램이다.

한편, 국내 최초의 게이 커플 결혼식이 공개될 tvN '커밍아웃'의 진행은 우리나라 최초로 커밍아웃을 선언한 홍석천과 영화배우 정경순이 진행한다.

'커밍아웃'은 내달 2일 8회 방송에서 사상 최초로 '레즈비언의 커밍아웃'을 다룰 예정이어서 또 한 번의 파장을 예고하고 있다.

투데이코리아 조승주 기자 press@todaykorea.co.kr

-------------------------------------------------------------------

two couples came out, and one couple is going to have a public marriage =)

i'm pretty sure it's not those two - one member from each couple are just speaking

not sure which one is the one marrying either, haven't watched the episode yet

and next month, they're going to have a lesbian coming out ~.~

oh, and sorry, but I'm too damn lazy to finish the subs ;_;

Guest dbsklover90

-------------------------------------------------------------------

two couples came out, and one couple is going to have a public marriage =)

i'm pretty sure it's not those two - one member from each couple are just speaking

not sure which one is the one marrying either, haven't watched the episode yet

and next month, they're going to have a lesbian coming out ~.~

oh, and sorry, but I'm too damn lazy to finish the subs ;_;

OMG!! that's so amazing!!!

wow... I am truly happy for them!! i am so watching that!! ^___^

Guest sidv

This is great! It's about time this starts happening, it's so sad that people have to hide their sexuality, there's nothing wrong with expressing it. It's sad when guys have to hide who they really are and marry and have kids just to be "normal" and then sneak around behind their wive's backs , that is even worse. Rather them just come out and live how they want and than have to live and not let them be who they are not.

I just hope that these people who do come out don't have a horrible time, people can be tough and pretty rude and cruel :( But it's great to see that the country is moving towards a more "modern" thinking, in many aspects. I know many people who like S.Korea for their "conservative" values, but having gay people will not change their conservative values. People rarely do PDA at all in public, and they just act very normally to being with.

Having gay people will not ruin the "conservative-ness" of the country, just make the country more open and reduce the prejudice. There is nothing to suggest that just because they start accepting gay people, they become less conservative. I'm sure they'll keep their morals, even if there are gay people around. After all, they were alway around, and they've always been "conservative" in people's eyes, so I don't see how by gay people coming out, they become less conservative.

That being said, it's going to be terrible in the beginning for these people, but everything has to start from somewhere :)

Guest pockyminnie

wow this seems interesting!

thanks for the information!

I wonder who the other gays in the entertainment business are?

Guest axxiss

its about time that korea should open up to this kind of issues... KOREA... welcome to the 21st Century!!

Guest MRLEE

haha yay for me !!!!!! i think thats great but man im scared for the korea.. i mean its easy living her in United States to be accepted by others but damn..korea.. o-o scary.

and man when i go to korea..Imma meet up with my other fellow queer nuna and oppas :)

i mean there is alot of korean gay/lesbian in california.

korea should realize it now..that it does exist. ><

Guest ginger

I went to My Thai last night and totally saw him. :mellow: My sister, bf, and I were craving some Thai so we went to Itaewon. While we were there, this bald guy came in and was chatting with the waiters (he seemed super "friendly" with one), helping move tables, etc. All of a sudden, it clicked. He's really handsome in real life, by the way. The restaurant wasn't too crowded (it's small, too) since it was a weeknight and he seemed very relaxed.

Ok, that was my celebrity moment for the week.

-ginger

haha yay for me !!!!!! i think thats great but man im scared for the korea.. i mean its easy living her in United States to be accepted by others but damn..korea.. o-o scary.

and man when i go to korea..Imma meet up with my other fellow queer nuna and oppas :)

i mean there is alot of korean gay/lesbian in california.

korea should realize it now..that it does exist. ><

hahaha!

yay for you!!

i would love to hit up those spots in korea.

but unfortunately, my korean friends and family still don't know about me.

and i don't think i can tell them anytime soon...

=_=;;

but, this does give my gay and lesbian friends an incentive to visit me while i'm there.

=D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest junior.izm

ah

he means to YOONJAE couple ,right????????

i think so

owww

i really wanna watch it rapidly

wish he'll invite YOONHO and JAEJOONG to his variety show lol^_______^

thz u a lot neh~

Archived