[variety 2008] Coming Out 커밍아웃

Guest HappyKrman

Guest understanding_fiction

For those of you who feel "uncomfortable" or slightly bothered by all of this, there's a reason why.

Since someone actually saw it appropriate to broadcast a variety show like this on public tv and post

all that's related on a younger forum like soompi, I'll just have to say- take everything you view and

listen to (esp.with media these days) with a grain of salt. You're your own judge, probably mature

enough to comprehend and be decisive. But, just because it's all of a sudden "in" to be gay wouldn't

change my strong-set beliefs at all.

o.O it's not IN to be gay

it's IN to accept that some people are gay, some people are bi, and some people are straight

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveforace

IKNEWIT. That man was either gay.. or waaaay metro XDDD OMG I remember him :< but this was a long time ago, so I didn't really know why didn't stop coming out all of a sudden, but I'm glad :D I'm super the older people of Korea and Korean parents here in America and everything may not accept it, but I know kids are more open about these things, so yay :D [kids in the sense of... teenagers as opposed to children.. really XD]

Guest superjenny

superjenny, before I answer you, I'd like to know how far you know about Jaeho ?

I've seen a couple of threads about them and stuff, and I thought it was a joke.

But since people keep on mentioning it here, I'm just curious.

Don't get me wrong, I like both of them very much!

Anyways, this show seems really sad. I watched the first five minutes of it on Veoh, but it won't allow me to watch the whole thing ._.

Guest Hyesunglove

For those of you who feel "uncomfortable" or slightly bothered by all of this, there's a reason why.

Since someone actually saw it appropriate to broadcast a variety show like this on public tv and post

all that's related on a younger forum like soompi, I'll just have to say- take everything you view and

listen to (esp.with media these days) with a grain of salt. You're your own judge, probably mature

enough to comprehend and be decisive. But, just because it's all of a sudden "in" to be gay wouldn't

"in" to be gay???? wtf

how can it ever be "in" to be gay?

being gay is not a trend or some kind of phase people go through

the fact is that there will always be homosexuals, just as there are heterosexuals

some people in society are just finally realizing that gay people are humans

and they deserve to be treated with respect just like everyone else

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itz_n_obsession

i wanna watch the show. at least it's better than some dumb reality shows here...so darn annoying

lol...i agreed with ya! can't wait to see it now!

Guest kimchi_girl

i really want to watch this, but the veoh tv thing didn't work for me... =T

I saw the first two episodes on veoh. I'm not sure but I think you might need to download the veoh player first in order to watch. I'm really liking this show! I hope it does well in Korea and stays on for a long time. Hong Suk Cheon is awesome. I remember him on the sitcom "3 Girls, 3 Guys". I'm glad he is happier and successful now.

Guest oneimmortalsoul

Wow...I know how eyebrow-raising gay issues are in the States...I can't imagine how it'd be in S. Korea! Good luck to HSC though!!

Guest ginger

post removed by moderator

This went beyond just sharing your opinion...and entered the realm of extreme offensiveness. Talking about natural selection and homosexuals? This is disgusting me.

-ginger

Guest 0cupcake0

As a sister of two gay brothers, what you've said is extremely offensive. How is homophobia considered a "good" thing?

It's understandable if you don't agree with homosexuality, but please, keep it to yourself.

Guest joongieforeva

i salute him

he is brave to announce it to the public

that must have caused many frustratation......

the last line that he told his mother

'i'm what i am , i'm your son'

eh why do i think it's so touching

ah the common line i found in reading fanfics

hehh

and as always i was still thinking who might be the couple he was talking

and yes jaeho is still in my top list

the line bolted is totally offensive

do you think only homosexual have anal sex

normal couple enjoy anal sex too

i'm not going to further discuss about this

you are too narrow to be discussing anal sex

Guest understanding_fiction

Yeah :3 and assholes like you shouldn't be allowed to have kids either. Let's knock out stupidity and ignorance out of the human population =)

Guest Storytime

I honestly... Yeah, I think I'll keep my opinions to myself. Though I have to say, Korea being conservative was always a plus for me.

Guest minh_89

Has this show been aired yet? It's going to be interesting to see the response to this show, which I reckon will be varied to say the least. Well, it can't be helped, it's reality and people need to accept homosexuality. People are who they are and there's nothing more important than to support them and who they choose to love!

It seems some people believe that the real couple he was referring to was yunjae? Oh god if it's true that yunho is homosexual my heart will be shattered to pieces.. there goes my dream of marrying yunho!! (like i had the chance to begin with! haha shameless fangirl moment right there!)

Guest azn_angel

i'm glad he came out. i have a few friends who are homosexuals, but haven't come out in fear of discrimination.

it's programs like these that show that homosexuals are human too and can hopefully help break down prejudice

against homosexuals.

as an avid medical journal reader, i can tell you that science has NOT proven you are born gay. there was one study that i believe you're referencing to...published in the late 1980s/early 1990s by a group of Canadians or French (forget which one...), but since then, the scientific community has not been able to reproduce its findings. the scientific community now criticizes that study for being biased. further proof against study - it defies basic reproduction rules of humanity.

i'm a bit hesitant about this show. even if you believe for whatever reason that certain people are born gay, i don't think it's right to force people to accept what you believe is right...and i think this show is doing that. just as forcing others to listen to Christian speeches is infringing on others' rights...forcing the korean society (when it does not want to) to accept the gay community is infringing upon other's right to hold firm to their personal biases and beliefs. now whether it's a "human right" is another story but democracy doesn't necessarily equal "human rights"

I don't think it's necessarily forcing people to believe, rather showing another point-of-view of human nature.

And, honestly, do you really believe that human beings choose to be segregated and ridiculed from the rest of society?

Guest clicheterms

since when was it "in" to be gay? my friend was not trying to be "in" when he got kicked out of the house after his parents found out he is gay.

yeah, i do hope shtheads like you meet darwin as soon as possible.

<3 tiffo

Guest angel91

I can't wait to see this!!

let me ask you something here!! What if your children turned out to be gay. wHAT are you going to do then!! Im sure you don't want to end up hating your own children, do you? So ok what if they aren't born gay but what if they come to have gay friends. Gays in school are much more open than in real world. your child may grow up with gays!! You should have a more open mind becuase the likelihood of not interacting with a gay person in your life is most unlikely!! GAYS ARE HUMANS TOO!!

Archived