Ko So Young 고소영

Guest purpleZ

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 24, 2013
Ko So Young Reveals the Clothes from Own Clothing Brand 'Kosoyoung'
CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mi Translation Credit : Erika Kim  
Ko So Young posed in clothes from her own fashion brand.
In the February 21 issue of 1st Look, Ko So Young appeared in clothes she designed herself from her brand Kosoyoung.
78082589.jpg

She donned a floral dress, dotted blouse and cigarette pants, flaunting her stylish femininity.
The magazine also included a look book featuring models wearing more designs from the brand.
In the interview with the magazine, Ko So Young said Kosoyoung is "a brand that makes beautiful yet comfortable clothes," and added that "it aims towards being a luxury brand at a reasonable price."
She said, "I had in mind those women who live in clothes that are tight on their waists and thought I would like [my clothes] to be of the type that emphasizes their strengths, covers up their weaknesses and just lets them breathe. Since I′m a woman myself and I′ve worn more clothes than most others, I thought I would like to make clothes that will solve the problems only women have with their clothes. I wanted to make clothes that make you look slim and long also."
"I participated in the design, choosing the material, production and character design; there′s no process that didn′t go through me," she said. "I want to approach the public sincerely. It′ll be hard to get recognized right away, but I′ll continue to work hard and try to get there step by step."
29716004.jpg

Photo credit: 1st Look

• 3 months later...

June 11, 2013
Top 10 celebrity couples in South Korea
By Lee Hyun-jeong The Korea Herald

A growing number of South Korean celebrities have been meeting their soul mates within the entertainment industry, heralding a boom of star couples. Against this backdrop, The Korea Herald has summed up the top 10 celebrity couples that draw keen attention from fans in Korea and elsewhere.
1. Lee Byung-hun & Lee Min-jung 
20130611000783_0.jpg

Actors Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung are tying the knot in August. Breaking up after a brief relationship in 2006, they reunited and have been together since last year. 
Lee Byung-hun is best known for movies such as “Joint Security Area,” “A Bittersweet Life” and “Gwanghae.” He recently starred in “Red 2” and “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” alongside Hollywood actors. Lee is also the first Asian to place his hand and footprint in the forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles, along with actor Ahn Sung-gi. 
Actress Lee Min-jung gained popularity from the drama “Boys Over Flowers” and the film “Wonderful Radio.” She recently acted as a politician in the drama “All About My Romance.” 
2. Han Hye-jin & Ki Sung-yueng
20130611000784_0.jpg

Actress Han Hye-jin and Swansea City football player Ki Sung-yueng are engaged, becoming newlyweds in July. The couple has been dating since earlier this year when they met on TV show SBS “Healing Camp” as host and guest. Ki is eight years younger than Han. 
Han Hye-jin, who starred in several dramas and movies, has long hosted “Healing Camp” with comedian Lee Kyung-kyu and Kim Jae-dong. She will move to the U.K. after marriage while continuing her acting career. 
Ki Sung-yueng currently plays as a central midfielder for Premier League club Swansea City and for the South Korean national team. Ki transferred to Swansea City last year after playing for FC Seoul and Celtic. 
3. Seo Tai-ji & Lee Eun-sung
20130611000785_0.jpg

The legendary musician Seo Tai-ji is marrying actress Lee Eun-sung soon. They met each other first in 2008 when Lee appeared in a music video for Seo’s eighth album, “Bermuda Triangle.” After remaining as friends for a year, the couple began dating in 2009, overcoming the 16-year age difference. They are already living together with Seo’s parents. This is Seo’s second marriage after a divorce with actress Lee Ji-ah in 2006. No concrete plans for the wedding ceremony have yet been announced.
Seo Tai-ji was the leader of Seo Tai-ji and Boys, the first modern band that sparked a new music trend in the early 1990s. After the team broke up in 1996, Seo flew to the U.S. and released his own albums from time to time. He is now living in Korea.
Lee Eun-sung appeared in several dramas and movies such as “Sharp” and the film “Take Off.” Lee’s acting career has been inactive since 2009. 
4. Baek Ji-young & Jang Suk-won 
20130611000786_0.jpg

Singer Baek Ji-young recently married actor Jang Suk-won on June 2 after dating for more than three years. Jang is nine years younger than Baek. The couple is expecting their first child this coming fall. 
Baek Ji-young, who debuted in 1999, explored a broad range of music from ballad to Latin-style dance music. Baek is considered one of the most popular female dance artists. She has been featured as a music coach on cable channel Mnet’s “Voice Korea,” a singing talent competition show. 
Jung Suk-won has appeared in several television series including “Rooftop Prince” and “Haeundae Lovers.” He is currently in the midst of filming “N.L.L -- Battle of Yeonpyeong,” a movie based on the true story of the battle of Yeonpyeongdo Island.
5. Shin Hyun-joon
20130611000787_0.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun-joon just tied the knot with a Korean-American woman 12 years his junior last month. His wife is currently studying for a Ph.D. in music in the U.S. According to Shin, he ran into her on the street and fell in love at first sight.
Shin, who debuted in the film “General’s Son” in 1990, has broadened his acting career through diverse roles in films such as “The Ginko Bed,” “Barefoot Ki-bong” and “Marrying the Mafia.” Shin also hosts KBS2’s entertainment news show “Entertainment Relay.”
6. Sun-ye
20130611000788_0.jpg

Wonder Girls leader Sun-ye married Korean-Canadian missionary James Park in January this year. It marked the first case in which a South Korean idol got married while maintaining an active career. 
The couple met during a missionary trip to Haiti in 2011. After the wedding, Sun-ye moved to Canada where her husband’s family lives. She is expecting her first child soon. The couple is briefly visiting Korea now. 
Sun-ye was originally scouted by JYP Entertainment through the TV show “Park Jin-young’s 99% Challenge” in 2001. After several years of training, she debuted as a member of Wonder Girls, a five-girl pop group. 
Having many hit songs including “Tell Me” and “Nobody,” the group released a single album in the U.S. and made the Billboard Hot 100. Sun-ye has not officially left Wonder Girls but it is unclear whether the idol group will be back.
7. Haha & Byul 20130611000789_0.jpg

Entertainer Haha and singer Byul joined hands in matrimony last year after an eight-month relationship. Originally friends, they gradually became closer through Haha’s consistent efforts. The couple is expecting a child due this summer. 
Haha, who originally debuted in a hip-hop group, challenged other fields such as entertainment shows and sitcoms. He is currently one of the main characters of “Infinite Challenge,” a popular entertainment show. 
Byul is a ballad singer who debuted in 2002. She had several music collaborations with other singers including Rain and Na Yoon-kwon. 
8. Jun Ji-hyun 
20130611000790_0.jpg

Actress Jun Ji-hyun married an old friend in 2012. The couple were neighbors before officially dating. Her husband, Choi Jun-hyuk, is a banker whose grandmother is renowned hanbok designer Lee Young-hee. 
Jun gained popularity throughout Korea and Asia with megahit rom-com flick “My Sassy Girl.” After several movies, she jumped to Hollywood and took the lead role in “Blood: The Last Vampire.” Her most recent film was “The Berlin File,” a spy thriller directed by Ryu Seung-wan. 
9. Jung Jun-ho & Lee Ha-jung
20130611000791_0.jpg

Actor Jung Jun-ho married anchorwoman Lee Ha-jung in 2011. They met in 2010 when Lee interviewed Jung on the set of his drama, “Queen of Reversals.” 
Jung has been active in dramas such as “Iris” and “The Last Scandal of My Life.” He also appeared in many movies like “My Boss, My Father” and “The Siren.” He also organized “Love Food Car,” a volunteer organization which prepares free meals for the unprivileged. 
Lee Ha-jung is currently an anchorwoman for a cable TV channel, hosting a current news program. 
10. Jang Dong-gun & Ko So-young
20130611000792_0.jpg

Top star couple Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young tied the knot in 2010 after a two-year relationship. They have been friends since they met on the set of “Love Wind Love Song” in 1999. The couple has a 4-year-old son. 
Actor Jang Dong-gun has been a major star since the late 1990s. Starring in movies such as “Friend” and “Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War,” Jang also appeared in foreign films including “Dangerous Liaisons” and “The Warrior’s Way.” His most recent appearance was in “A Gentleman’s Dignity,” a romantic comedy drama about 40-year-old men finding their true loves. 
Actress Ko So-young had her big break with “Beat,” starring with actor Jung Woo-sung in 1997. Ko has been inactive since the movie “Project Makeover” in 2007. She has been keeping up public appearances through commercials and the fashion business. 

• 3 weeks later...

June 28, 2013
Celebrities Favor Gangnam Luxury Condos
The Chosun Ilbo
2013062800516_0.jpg

Actor Jung Woo-sung is moving into a luxury condominium in the affluent Gangnam area of southern Seoul where his friend and fellow actor Lee Jung-jae has already bought a unit. 
The condo, currently under construction, is in Samseong-dong. It stands 16 stories high and contains only 18 units between 155 and 293 sq.m. Units cost between W2 billion and W5.5 billion (US$1=W1,151). 
Construction is set to be completed in September.
"A popular singer is also set to move in," claimed a staffer with the developer. "Half the units are sold."
The staffer said celebrities favor luxury condos due to the security and privacy they offer. This brand-new condo is being equipped with a state-of-the-art security system whose surveillance cameras alert in-house personnel if an intruder is spotted, while illegally parked or idling cars nearby are monitored around the clock.
The building has been designed so residents do not run into each other in hallways while waiting for the elevator.
Jung and Lee are not the only celebrities who have chosen to live in luxury condos in Gangnam. Among the others are celebrity couple Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young, actor Lee Seung-gi and comedian Lee Hwi-jae. Actresses Song Yun-a, Han Chae-young and Choi Ji-woo, as well as veteran singer Cho Young-nam live in the trendy Cheongdam-dong area of southern Seoul. 
"Celebrities prefer privacy over profiting from real estate sales, so they flock to condos in Samseong-dong and Cheongdam-dong," said an estate agent. 

• 1 month later...

August 15, 2013
Celebrity Love Birds Display Different Levels of Physical Affection at Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung’s WeddingFAMOUS CELEBRITY LOVE BIRDS SHOW DIFFERENT LEVELS OF PHYSICAL AFFECTION
Source: KpopStarz
Famous celebrity love birds show different levels of physical affection.
Many different celebrity love bird couples made an appearance at Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung's wedding, which was held on August 10 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul. Some of those star couple guests include Yeon Jung Hoon and Han Ga In, Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young, Yoo Ji Tae and Kim Hyo Jin, Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young, Lee Bum Soo and Lee Yoon Jin, and Lee Chun Hee and Jun Hye Jin.
Even though the couples came to celebrate Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung's big day, their appearance on the photo wall was just as lively and gorgeous as the wedding couple.
The lovebird couple Yeon Jung Hoon and Han Ga In, who got married in 2005 after 2 years of dating, entered the scene looking comfortable arm in arm. Even at the ceremony Yeon Jung Hoon led his wife with arms linked. At the photo wall, because Yeon Jung Hoon knew Han Ga In was wearing a long dress, he first got up on the stage and helped his wife up, displaying his gentleman charm for all to see.
20130810_1376127072_10848300_1.jpg

Go So Young was also led up by her husband Jang Dong Gun. The couple was seen holding hands throughout the wedding, and walked around with locked hands. The two got married in 2010 after just a period of dating, and are themselves a fairly newlywed couple.
Another lovebird couple at the wedding was Yoo Ji Tae and Kim Hyo Jin. Although they entered the ceremony hand in hand, on the photo wall Yoo Ji Tae embraced his wife's shoulder as they posed for the photos. The couple has been together for the past five years and got married in 2011. As such, they are another newlywed couple. Yoo Ji Tae wasn't shy about expressing his affection for his wife who is eight years younger.
Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung left on their honeymoon to Maldives on August 12 following their wedding on August 10. When they return they will be living in their honeymoon home in Kyunggido, Kwangju. Lee Byung Hun will start filming 'Female Warrior: Memories of the Sword' upon their return, and Lee Min Jung will be preparing for her next project.

August 13, 2013
[PHOTO] Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young, Korea’s Top Star Couple
by Kang Jung Yeon TENASIA
2013081316270810800-615x922.jpg
2013081316271315345-615x922.jpg
Korean actors Jang Dong-gun (left) and Ko So-young pose at the photo wall ahead of Korean actors Lee Byung-hun and Rhee Min-jung’s wedding ceremony in Seoul, Korea on August 10, 2013. [TenAsia/ Gue Hye Jung]
 Reporter. Lee Eun Ah domino@tenasia.co.krPhotographer. Gue Hye Jung photonine@tenasia.co.kr

• 3 weeks later...

September 7, 2013
Ko So young make a fashionable appearance at 21DEFAYE Launching Presentation
BNT News
vfs5ow6rtkgrhpn92czibbjkvlcruzpf.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] On September 6 there was held ‘21DEFAYE Launching Presentation’ at 21DEFAYE Boutique, Seoul, and actress Ko So young attended as a special guest.
High-end multi brand, 21DEFAYE, introduces its 2013 F/W collection that expresses modern uniqueness and pleasant fantasy through best-quality material and glamorous color-matching technique. (photo by bntnews DB)

September 13, 2013
Ko So young collaborates with Hollywood’s fashion icon Chloe Sevigny
BNTNews
9xn02z4r4ihb9y6e4bjlzds5dkqyxj7w.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Hollywood actress Chloe Sevigny became a model for Korea’s top star Ko So young’s 2013 F/W Collection.
Chloe Sevigny, who is famous for wearing in unique style and showing impressive acting skills in many films, met up with Korea’s leading fashion icon Ko So young. As Ko recently launched her own fashion clothing line and presents 2013 F/W for the first time, Hollywood star Chloe Sevigny participated as a model and shot pictorials with fashion magazine GRAZIA. Chloe Sevigny made a debut as an actress, but she collaborated with fashion brand Opening Ceremony and launched her own line as she leads the fashion trend with her extraordinary style. Not only she owns a line in Opening Ceremony, but she also has modeled for luxury brands such as Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu and Chloe. Sevigny has been considered as one of the biggest global fashion icons that infinitely inspires the scene. 
This time, Chloe closely took a look at Ko So young’s 2013 F/W Collection and participated in styling for herself. She combined her vintage preference with Ko’s modern look, creating very charming look in pictorials. As Sevigny also works as a fashion designer, she did not hesitate to suggest more diverse ideas during the meeting.
Meanwhile, actress Ko So young collaborated with CJ OShopping and launched her own brand in early this year. Ko will hold her brand’s 2013 F/W Collection Launching Event very shortly at Centum City in Busan. (photo by GRAZIA KOREA)

September 17, 2013
Best Looking Married Couple of All Time Goes To...(Actor Edition)
Source: KpopStarz.com
I was thinking about good-looking people, aka celebrities in general, and how they all migrate to each other, date, then marry. I was randomly sifting through photos of Jang Dong Gun and his equally beautiful wife actress Ko So Young and it got me thinking of all the gorgeous married couples out there and who reigned as the fairest of all? So let's take a look at the married folks and who the best looking couple might be!
Jang Dong Gun is one of my most favorite Korean actors of all time. Ever since I saw his performance in "Tae Guk Ki" I was won over and I still have yet to see a more powerful moving moment in Korean cinematic history than when his character tries to kill his brother, whom he didn't recognize during the war. I could go on and on about his insanely gifted acting talent but we're here to talk about love. He and powerhouse actress Ko So Young first met on the set of "Love Wind Love Song" in 1999 and finally went public with their relationship in 2009 after years of speculation that the two were an item. In March 2010, Mr. Jang announced to the world that he would be marrying his beautiful finance in May of 2010. Look at these two!
102792.jpg

Lee Byung Hun might be one of the most handsome Korean men in the entire country. His chiseled face structure, those gleaming eyes, those perfect set of smackers, and that handsome looking nose. Oh and his wife, actress Lee Min Jung is equally if not more beautiful than he. The couple had a brief romance back in 2006 but due to their busy schedules couldn't keep the relationship going. But the two just couldn't stay away from each other and got hitched last month at the Grand Hyatt Seoul, attracting an ungodly amount of news media, celebrities, and press. These two are one hell of a pretty couple!
Photo: Lee Ming Jung - Lee Byung Hun
Miss Korea Son Tae Young caught the eye of actor Kwon Sang Woo when he saw her crying on a television program. The former Miss Korea was soon swept away by the charming Mr. Kwon and married in 2008. The drop dead beautiful couple now have a son named Luke together and Son Tae Young is still as stunning as ever and Kwon Sang Woo still has that body.
Photo: Son Tae Young - Kwon Sang Woo
The Korean actress with the most perfect nose, skin, and complexion, Han Ga In fell in love and got married back in 2005 with fellow actor Yeon Jung Hoon. The two fell in love on the TV series, "Yellow Handkerchief" and have been riding in cloud 9 ever since. Why is this woman's face so darn perfect?
Photo: Han Ga In - Yeon Jung Hoon
Who do you think is the best looking married couple from this list?

• 4 weeks later...

October 7, 2013
Top star Ko So Young unveils behind cuts of her new advertising
BNT News
k8h6t2degzl1ri9ucaupo6wz3yun28db.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Actress Ko So Young released a photo cut of herself shooting advertising for jewelry brand PANDORA.
On October 7, a photo cut of actress Ko So Young shooting advertising was released on the Internet. Since Ko is currently a model for jewelry brand PANDORA, she took a new advertising for the brand recently. As the new ad is for fall season, Ko So Young put on a simple black dress and posed elegantly on a sofa. 
According to a source from the brand, the shooting was taken all day, but Ko So Young did not give up looking professionally. She continued to show detailed poses and facial expressions like a pro model.
Meanwhile, the fall advertising that starred Ko So Young is now available on the official website of PANDORA. (photo by PANDORA)

October 11, 2013
Go So Young donates 100 million KRW STARN News 05ea3f41748403552a39793801077790.jpg
Go So Young and Jang Dong Gun donated 100 million KRW for single moms.
On October 10th, Go So Young visited office of a charity, and donated 100 million KRW for single moms.
Go So Young has been promoting different donation and volunteer activities for the society, and she started getting interested in helping single moms after giving birth to her son back in 2010. She met with a great number of single mom when she visited the charity, and decided to make a donation.
Go So Young will be making a TV appearance for donation as well. It is said that she shot a documentary about single moms' lives in summer.
Go So Young's management agency said, "I still have my dream as an actress and as a designer even though I have a child. I want to support single moms who are looking after their children alone."
Netizens who heard this news left comments, such as "They are fascinating", "They are doing some amazing jobs", and "She is such a nice person".
/Reporting by Oh jin ju en@starnnews.com

October 11, 2013
Actors help adoption agency
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily l Nate ++

1381500725.jpg

A celebrity couple has donated 100 million won ($93,300) to support children waiting to be adopted as well as single moms. 
Actor Jang Dong-gun and actress Ko So-young pledged to give money to the Eastern Social Welfare Society in a donation ceremony on Thursday at the adoption agency’s headquarters in Seodaemun, northwestern Seoul.
Since they gave birth to a son in 2010, the two talents have been focusing much of their attention on single moms and babies. 
“As I still have dreams to be an actress and designer even after I became a mom, other single moms have had the same idea,” said Ko. “I want to support them.”
Ko has been filming a documentary program, tentatively named “Moms Have a Dream, Too,” with broadcaster MBC since the summer. 
In the program, she has been helping out single moms at the welfare agency and has talked with many single moms, which made her decide to donate to the agency. 
The documentary is scheduled to be aired next month.

• 2 weeks later...

October 30, 2013
Celebrities convert names into value brands
By Kim Ji-soo The Korea Times 05-04(45).jpg
Actress Kim Nam-joo poses with the bag that she helped design, and which is being sold at ELBON the Style shops nationwide. The actress is known as a leading fashionista who sells out every itme or bag she holds. She has recently lent her creative design to designing the bag dubbed “Kim Nam-joo bag. / Courtesy of ELBON the Style
More celebrities in Korea are putting their names forward as brands.
The latest is actress Ko So-young, married to actor Jang Dong-gun. In September, she launched a fashion brand “KOSOYOUNG,” which is available currently at the Boontheshop at Shinsegae’s Centum City branch in Busan.
Ko joined hands with CJOShopping where she serves as a creative director, and for her brand, she participated in the design and presentation.
Other actresses are lending their design flair and fashion sense to brands. Actress Kim Nam-joo also lent her creative energy and name to a handbag design with Italian brand “Zanellato.”
She presented a bag titled “Postina by Kim Nam-joo” that sold like hotcakes.
The bag was produced in a limited number of 300 but because of big demand, the red and the black clutch is expected to be sold out. The bag is sold at ELBON the Style.
Actress Jeong Rye-won who is currently starring in “Medical Top Team,” has joined hands with the “Mag/Mag” for which she will select items over the next two years under the name, Joana Collection. Joana is the Christian name of the 32-year-old actress.
While the brisk steps to put their name forward with products is new, delving into another line of business has been a staple in the Korean industry. Because celebrities may have long breaks from work, Korean celebrities are known to open shops or restaurants.
To date, Korean stars have leaned towards the restaurant business. Bae Yong-joon or Yonsama successfully operated the restaurant Gorilla in the Kitchen in front of Dosan Park in Gangnam, southern Seoul. He is reportedly looking for another site as the lease with the current building has expired. Bae has also opened Gorilla in the Cafe which is a coffee shop in Hawaii.
Actress Park Shin-hye’s mother runs a pork intestines restaurant in Seongnae-dong, which has been frequented by fellow stars from the popular television drama “You’re Beautiful” including actor Jang Gun-seok. Park now plays the heroine opposite actor Lee Min-ho in “Inheritor.”
K-pop singers also invest in a second line of work. G-Dragon of Big Bang is reportedly building a hotel in Pocheon, Gyeonggi Province while fellow member Seungri runs a dance academy in Gwangju, his hometown.

• 2 weeks later...

congrats.gif
November 8, 2013
Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young expecting another child
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily l Nate ++
2013110801000809300046621.jpg

Celebrity couple Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young are having another child, and Ko is around four months pregnant, according to local media reports. 
Ko is currently focusing on taking care of her body and the new baby and has put aside her plans to partake in any future projects. 
The couple, who got married in May 2010, gave birth to a son in October. 
They have recently donated 100 million won ($94,200) to help single mothers who struggle to raise their own children. Ko has also decided to film a documentary covering rising issues regarding single moms.
Meanwhile Jang has been busy filming his new movie “Crying Man.”

November 8, 2013
Go So Young got pregnant Source: STARN News
On November 7th, an official from Jang Dong Gun's management agency told that Go So Young is pregnant.
The official said, "Jang Dong Gun was delighted to hear this news. But, he is feeling very sorry that he cannot take a better care of her because he is recently shooting a new movie."
Go So Young is currently in 4~5th month of her pregnancy, and she will be delivering the new baby in spring, 2014. It is said that she is focusing on taking a good care of herself.
Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young got married in May, 2010, and gave birth to their first son, Jun Hyuk, in October.
Meanwhile, Go So Young and Jang Dong Gun recently drew people's attention by making a big donation for single moms.
/Reporting by Oh jin ju en@starnnews.com

November 7, 2013
Jang Dong-gun & Go So-young Expecting 2nd Child
KBS Global
n_20131107e_01.jpg

Korean super couple Jang Dong-gun and Go So-young are expecting their second child!
After tying the knot in May of 2010, the couple welcomed their first baby into the world later that year in October. Now, the A-list stars, both at the age of 41, will be adding another member to their brood.
According to reports, Go is about 4-5 months into her pregnancy, with a spring birth date. The actress's reps released a statement, saying that Go will stay active with prenatal care and managing her charity projects. The mother is also in the final stages of filming a documentary called "Mom Has A Dream Too".
There is one project however, that she will be pushing to the back burner for the time being. Go had signed on to film a movie with Ha Jung-woo, but it has now been postponed to next year.
As for Jang, he is currently filming the movie "Crying Man".

Archived