Reversing Mirror(see How You Look To Other People)

Guest shenrou

Guest Born: 1985

If you look at a picture of yourself...yes you are looking at the image other people see (in other words, you don't need two mirrors to see this).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MeiHearts

huh....it seems like we'd still look the same, except we'd just see it on different sides... i don't understand how we'd look "different" :blink::huh:

Guest SupperAnne

Too much for self-esteem. LOL I absolutely look uglier. My profile is simply bad - it makes me look like a dork. My front face is longer than usual and geez, I thought I looked decent when seeing my reflection in normal mirrors. But it's alright. Now I know how others really see me. *depressed* T_________T

EDIT:

*coughcough* Haha stupid me, I sound like a loser. Anyway, I checked it again and oh well, I don't look that bad actually. My profile still bugs me but I think I look prettier when I smile. :P * note to self: keep smiling! *

So yep, try this if you have time. I mean, perhaps you will feel down at first but by knowing how you really look like to others enables you to think of some ways to enhance your features (say, I am going to get bangs to cover my forehead so my face will not look longer than usual in a certain angle). In fact, it boosts my self-esteem somehow. :))

Why don't you get two full length mirrors and hang them up at the corner of your room where your walls meet. therefore you can see how people see you full bodied o___o isn't that cool?

Once I move, I am definitely gonna do that. Then I can see what I am doing wrong ie. posture, the way I stand such as leaning on one leg or the other. I can catch all the ugly things i do LOL This is super cool! thanks for sharing!

I tried it with the mirrored medicine cabinet that's next to our big mirror in the bathroom, and I look....exactly the same? I hope I did it correctly, I was expecting some kind of horrific image, haha.

Guest gingerpeach

I did this just now. My facial features like eyes, nose, lips pretty much look the same (surprisingly). BUTTTT OMG, OMFG. My eyebrows are soooo CROOKED (asymmetrical, and it has nothing to do with the way I pluck my eyebrows). I mean, I always knew they were, but I didn't know it was THIS bad. T______T Wtheck, no one has ever told me they look like this.. I feel so cheated............

Lol. But really, devastated. It's not just me not used to seeing them that way, they really are super crooked. My brother notices when I point it out to him-- but he says that if I didn't tell him about it, he wouldn't have noticed. HOW?? They're so OBVIOUSLY crooked.

Oh god. It's the end of the world.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't this just where you take a smaller mirror and reflect it against a bigger mirror, so if you look into the smaller mirror, you can see yourself in the bigger mirror staring into the other mirror... that sounds really confusing, but I hope someone will be able to understand me x_x; because then that's just what I do most days to see different angles of my face, and it's not that much different.

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

Would you really look different o.o??

When I stand with my friend in a mirror they look exactly the same in the mirror as they do in real life.

whilst being mind blown by the infinite amount of reflections, i was able to catch a small glimpse of my soul. he was a young, frivolous and whimsy chap. he had a beautiful figure but i could not make out his face (a beaming ray of light was in the way). but i knew it would have been extraodinary.

after a short period of gazing, i blinked and found myself outside lying at a bus stop 2 hours from home.

Guest EHNerJI

I don't see a difference. But, I guess it's because I'm used to it.

So many mirrors in my house I always do weird things with them to see myself haha.

& I'm so used to being in videos & pictures.. I think I have a good idea of what I look like = /

Guest hunnyy_x3

When I stand with my friend in a mirror they look exactly the same in the mirror as they do in real life.

that's what i see too ! weird ... o_o

Guest chaumein

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't this just where you take a smaller mirror and reflect it against a bigger mirror, so if you look into the smaller mirror, you can see yourself in the bigger mirror staring into the other mirror... that sounds really confusing, but I hope someone will be able to understand me x_x; because then that's just what I do most days to see different angles of my face, and it's not that much different.

I think I know what you mean. I do this to see back angles of my hair and stuff.

Guest h0w_cute*

for the people that said that they used a three-way mirror (like bathroom mirrors) its not the same concept as the 2-plane angle. The point is to see yourself inbetween the two mirros (the angle where they meet). whereas the 3 bathroom mirrors - you are looking front (false image) left side, right side, i think it works if you just fold out one panel and look inbetween 2 of the 3 mirrors ( 2 plane angle)

does that make sense? lol

holy crap i look ugly. i realize that my features are more unsymmetrical than i thought they were. thank gosh i look okay in pictures.

i need to sleep on the left side of my face more. lol.

Guest Mjackson

Can someone do a youtube tutorial? Because I clearly have no idea how other people see me. They tell me my eyes are small, but in the mirror my eyes are beautiful to me ;)

Guest liimegreeen

whilst being mind blown by the infinite amount of reflections, i was able to catch a small glimpse of my soul. he was a young, frivolous and whimsy chap. he had a beautiful figure but i could not make out his face (a beaming ray of light was in the way). but i knew it would have been extraodinary.

after a short period of gazing, i blinked and found myself outside lying at a bus stop 2 hours from home.

0_o

Archived