[MANGA] Fushigi Yuugi - Genbu Kaiden

Guest Eradicated

^That'd be awesome! It probably depends on how popular Genbu Kaiden is in Japan? Quite a few of Yuu Watase's works have been made into anime already, FY, Ayashi no Ceres, Arata, so yea it'd be nice if Genbu Kaiden makes it into anime as well.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

^HOLY!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.... I'M GOING TO CRY T______TThat is such a great great news!!!!!!! T_________TFinally she's started to work on it. I can't wait to read Suzuno and Tatara's story.
I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but when I read Genbu Kaiden, there was a blurb Yuu Watase wrote. She said she focuses more on action stuff now, and that is why Arata is a shounen manga and Genbu Kaiden, although still heavily romance, kind of toned down the romance in it compared to the original arc and more on actions. She also mentioned that Byakko, if she ever starts working on it, will lean more towards actions than romance. Hopefully despite her slowly drift from romance, Suzuno and Tatara would still have a great chemistry.

ahhhhhhh I wish Viz would license this fast. I need this arc to complete by FY shelf!

^I hope that scanlation groups are gonna work on translating the first chapter into English as soon as possible. I might try to get a copy of the magazine it will be serialized in.

I'm calling out Yuu Watase's statement about leaning more towards action than romance. I read the first 18 volumes of Arata Kangatari and a love square already formed. It's supposed to be a shounen manga but there are hints of her shoujo stuff. The female characters in AK are mostly love interests. What I'm trying to say is that YW can't really escape from her romance roots.

I'm excited to see if she will have more than one female as Byakko warriors. Probably not since Fushigi Yugi is usually a reverse harem manga. Who would be the third wheel in Suzuno's and Tatara's relationship because there's always one in her mangas. haha

On her official website , there is a note about a one-shot Fushigi Yuugi story being published in the Flowers magazine. It's in Japanese so I had to use translate it online. I think it's about Byakko because it's translated to Fushigi Yugi - white tiger Revelations.

^Yeah I'm pretty sure someone will translate it as soon as it's released. Can't wait to read it that fast too.
I was so excited about the news that I haven't given a second look at the pictures posted on ANN. LOL. And yes, you're right, Takiko looks abit somehow not quite alike from the orginal arc. I liked her long braided golden brown hair. She looks quite young, I'd say elementary looking kid in the other pic. But Tatara looks hot! If that's him, that is. 

Speaking of Byakko warriors, I'm also excited to see those two awesome warriors we were introduced to in the original arc. I forgot their names, but one of them was Tamahome's master and the other one was his wife. Hopefully, we will get a different third wheel this time that's not coming from within the celestial circle. I mean we already had Hotohori and Tomite as the 2nd guys, and I feel like another celestial warrior as the second guy is abit overused now.
Oh wells, we'll see. I'm very excited to be blown away by my favourite mangaka again! I tried to read Arata thinking I might like it too since Yuu Watase made it, but ahh~ I'm not really a huge fan of shounen manga. I had to stop reading after vol 4 or somewhere around that vol cuz it was "so" shounen in my opinion. haha I don't have anything against shounen, just that I'm not really into it. So I can't really tell how much she deviated from her romance genre (obviously at vol4, there wasn't much romance going on that I had to quit it :P), but after hearing from you that she couldn't really stray that far off from romance, I'm getting my hopes up with Tatara and Suzuno's story then xDD

Disappointment setting in.
:((

Yuu Watase, manga creator of Fushigi Yugi and Arata: The Legend, wrote on her blog on Monday that Shogakukan's Monthly Flowers magazine is running her Fushigi Yugi: Byakko Ibun (Fushigi Yugi: Curious Tales of the Byakko) manga as a yomikiri, not a full series, in February. The term can mean a self-contained short story of a few chapters or less. The term usually means a one-shot story, but Monthly Flowers magazine is announcing that the manga "begins" in February.

The March issue of Monthly Flowers announced the new manga on Wednesday, and the manga will begin in the next issue on February 28.

The magazine teases:

"

Fushigi Yugi

's Byakko Chapter begins at last!"

"The new work fans have long waited for!! The story of the Priestess of Byakko, as written in the Universe of the Four Gods, finally debuts!!"

^Oh no :(
It's either a one-shot or a few chapters? :( :( :( Way to kill my excitement. That is seriously not enough to give Suzuno and Tatara character development and to fall in love with them :( Hopefully it will be popular in Japan enough for Yuu Watase to reconsider making it a full series.

After thinking about it, I think that Yuu Watase might release the one-shot (or whatever, its confusing) as an intro and will work on Arata more. It seems to me that Arata will end (not that soon) and she will work on Byakko as a full series afterwards. In the past, she had been working on Genbu Kaiden, Sakura Gari and Arata simultaneously. Maybe she wants to take it easy this time. It would be strange not to have Byakko as a full series since even she said that she would like to tell Suzuno's story.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! FY-Byakko Ibun is out and translated! So I decided to make a new thread for the new saga and discuss. Pretty intense for a pilot chapter!
http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2026359/manga-fushigi-yugi-byakko-ibun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived