[MANGA] Fushigi Yuugi - Genbu Kaiden

Guest Eradicated

Guest Eradicated

chapter32 was released today in japan

if anyone finds the raw or any link to it please share it with us............

and if anyone wishes to scanlate it please do so cause fans like me are dying to read it. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HAPPYFOREST

chapter32 was released today in japan

if anyone finds the raw or any link to it please share it with us............

and if anyone wishes to scanlate it please do so cause fans like me are dying to read it. biggrin.gif

You can read chapter 32 in this site:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=804952218

Guest xxLollipop

I hate that it's on hiatus :(

I've been waiting for forever (I'm sure I'm not the only one) for the new chapter. Pleaseee Yuu Watase, hurry up!

Guest Eradicated

I hate that it's on hiatus :(

I've been waiting for forever (I'm sure I'm not the only one) for the new chapter. Pleaseee Yuu Watase, hurry up!

the new chapter had been out for like about a week now

^ Someone uploaded the raws on photobucket. (:  Not sure who, but thanks! =DD

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/TakikoRoun87/Genbu%20Kaiden%20Manga/?start=40

I sooo want to look at it, but it'll just ruin it for me since I can't read Japanese. D:  Grahhh.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FairyTales

OMGEE. An update! Thanks for sharing it!

>___<. I've waited for this forever.

V____V, but a good manga is a good manga.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest disfunktional.

arghh, it's been so long since the last one came out i was starting to forget about mangas altogether T.T i stopped collecting mangas since i've been waiting to complete this one, but i heard volume 10 is being released this year, finally! :D yess, even though the celestial warriors aren't as hot as the ones in the first FY, they have more interesting and deep personalities/stories. The romance is more mature as well, Genbu Kaiden is definitely a more serious side to the first one, which was awesomely sweet and funny as well :]

Guest hydraskylar

arghh, it's been so long since the last one came out i was starting to forget about mangas altogether T.T

I know! Don't you just hate it when that happens. It seems that some manga series only get published once or twice a year. What a bummer. I've been stopping for so long I wonder I should continue reading it, especially since we already know it'll be a sad ending

• 3 years later...

I recently got this series in the mail. Now, I'm not really the kind of person who reads historical manga, and that's why I've been keeping this series off for such a long time, even though Yuu Watase has a very special place in my heart as being one of the awesome mangakas I've known. So! I finally decided to get 11 books; I just finished book 8, and wow! Watase-sensei just never fails! When people said this prequel was good, it was really really good! I was soo hooked up right at the very first; it didn't matter it was historical.
I loved Takiko; she was just strong from the very start. She knows how to defend and fight for herself. A rare in shoujo world. And Uruki was just purely bishounen! It pains me seeing these two together knowing how they'll end up at the end of the story, and I'm kind of afraid to actually read that part of the story. :-/ I loved the pace of the story, and nothing was being dragged on. It made me want to read Fushigi Yuugi again! But I won't do that till I finished this series :P 
Fushigi Yuugi is awesome classic, and it was the second reason why I loved Watase alot (ANC is my all time favourite), but Genbu Kaiden is special on its own that clearly sets the difference from the original series, yet keeping that similarities that drew you in with FY in the first place. Plus, its nice to know what actually happened prior to that moment when Miaka and Yui discovered and got sucked into the Universe of the Four Gods. 
Will there be a Byakko Kaiden???? Totally up for it!

• 1 month later...

^well we pretty much know what happens at the end since FY introduced us briefly on the first 2 mikos. so feel free to talk about what you think of the ending here. :)
It's really sad how Takiko and Uruki have to end. Can't even imagine it. I'm emotionally invested in this two; I don't think I'd take it well once I read the last volume :(

Well, you'll be smiling at the very end if you're a Takiko x Uruki fan. Anyway, I have to say that I wasted three packets of tissues while reading the chapters leading to the end. Yuu Watase is such a master storyteller when it comes to shoujo fantasies. At first, I didn't really get into their relationship because I thought it was too weird even for a manga to have a man who can transform into a woman. It wasn't around volume 9-10 that I really believed in their relationship.

This is probably the only manga from Yuu Watase that made me like the main couple. This is one of the three mangas that made me cry so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Meany-chan said: Well, you'll be smiling at the very end if you're a Takiko x Uruki fan. Anyway, I have to say that I wasted three packets of tissues while reading the chapters leading to the end. Yuu Watase is such a master storyteller when it comes to shoujo fantasies. At first, I didn't really get into their relationship because I thought it was too weird even for a manga to have a man who can transform into a woman. It wasn't around volume 9-10 that I really believed in their relationship.

This is probably the only manga from Yuu Watase that made me like the main couple. This is one of the three mangas that made me cry so much.

^^ Ranma 1/2 is one of the animes I've watched as a child. I just think the premise of having the main love interest to have the ability to transform into a woman is ridiculous in a manga that is supposed to be serious and sad. Yuu Watase obviously wanted Takiko and Uruki's relationship to be more mature compared to Miaka's and Tamahome's relationship. The different between Ranma 1/2 and FYGK is that the former is primarily humor manga. What I should've said was 'it was too weird for a serious manga to have a man who can transform into a woman.'

• 1 month later...

Last volume arrived last night and I immediately read it even though I was totally caught up with lots of stuff to do ~___~ Anyways so worth of giving up my time to read it! It was a beautiful ending; I had tears in my eyes. I'm glad that Uruki lived on to see through the wonders in Bei Ja that Takiko sacrificed herself for. He protected and made the country flourished with all the best he could just like what Takiko did. The last scene left a very wide smile on my face.
Yuu Watase did again. Making me fall so hard for her works! 
Byakko Gaiden next? xDD 

• 3 months later...

Meany-chan said: I heard a rumor that Yuu Watase is planning to do a Byakko series next year. I hope it's true! Although, she recently announced that she'll work on Arata Kangatari next October.
I seriously hope that's true. At the end of the book, she mentioned how she wanted to work on Byakko, but there was no definite timeline as to when she'd start on it. I really hope she'll start on it next year. As someone who's been a fan of FY from the start, there's nothing I could wish for than to see the full FY arc complete on my shelf (granted that Viz picks this series up too). It will be awesome to read Suzuno and Tatara's timeless love.

Archived