[MANGA] Fushigi Yuugi - Genbu Kaiden

Guest Eradicated

Guest Eradicated

Yuu Watase's next greatest work.image
What can I say, Fushigi Yuugi got me hooked to Yuu Watase's work but This manga totally mad me crazy about the FY universe.
The artwork is really nice and the characters are drawn beautifully (especially the boys).

Not only that the plot is superb and so is the story. The romance is not immature like Tamahome and Miaka's (no offence intended to miaka/tamahome fans) but more mature and developed.

I must admit the romance between Takiko and Uruki is really sweet. It makes you really appreciate their love for each other (not that I don't appreciate miaka and tamahome's feelings for each other).

In a way I would say that this manga is more developed and matured version of Fushigi Yuugi. Its really an awesome manga.

U can read it on Onemanga or download it from Mangatraders

Onemanga
Plot:
 A prequel to Watase's Fushigi Yûgi, the series details the creation of "The Universe of the Four Gods" and tells the full story of the Priestess of Genbu.

Volumes: 12 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=585

Published by: Viz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sakixbabie

I absolutely LOVE this manga. I thought the first one was good, but this one is amazing. The characters and story is much more interesting. I also agree that Takiko and Uruki's love is more mature than that of Tamahome and Miaka's.

I wish the manga would come out faster because I can't stand waiting to find out what happens!!

Guest kawii_kiki55

omg i love this manga. my friend bought the books and i just fell in love with it. Uruki is so cute. i love how there are so much action, adventure, a little bit comedy since sometime they do say something funny, and the romance are like sooo sweet. i really do love Yuu Watase's work.

Guest Eradicated

I think that this manga is much better than Fushigi Yuugi (not saying that Fushigi Yuugi wasn't good) but compared to it it is much better and mature.

The comedy, the actions and even the romance seems to be more mature and far developed than Fushigi Yuugi.

Guest tranceeee

omg... i love yuu watase's drawings! i mean the characters are so gorgeous..although there's too much nudity for me @_@ no offence!

Guest littlehan

i really like it too but its too predictable because we all noe whats gonna happen to takkiko cuz they told us in the orriginal

Guest uKnow__Love

fushigi yuugi (the original one) is what got me into the whole manga/anime scene back in middle school! such good memories XD.. i have not read this one yet... totally stopped following the new FY stuff after miaka was no longer the main girl.. but now i think i should read up again :))

Guest PecanPie02

gahhh im dying to read chapter 30!! i want to know what happens!!!!!

spoillllerrrrrr well sorta.. (for ppl who havent read up to here)~~

wait so if she goes back again... a lot of time would have passed in the book.... because of the differences in time right.??

Guest Eradicated

Chapter 28-29 was so sad , I was almost crying by the time I finished reading. :tears:

I am dying to read chapter 30 now.

Takiko has been infected by the same disease as her mother.

At the end of chapter 29 she goes back inside the book again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elicasis

Omggg I just finished chapter 29 >__<!! SO good! well we all know that she gets consumed by the monster at the end and dies BUT I WANNA KNOW HOW!! urghhh @___@

I hope she does one for byakkyo too, suzuno and tatara!! omgosh tatara was hawt :3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shinhwaxprincess

I finished the whole manga in like, a day. It was soooo good. The graphics were great and the plot and romance between Uruki and Takiko developed at a realistic pace. Yuu Watase is a great mangaka. I need to read more of her works.

omg, i love the fushigi yuugi, the original one <3 The ending was so sweet, and happen.

And as if for this one, it's ubbberr cute and lovely too ..

istopped at volume 5 since T~T they don't have any newer once yet, i think volume 6 came out ?

But i still haven't find time to buy it XD

but i am looking forward to it noww :D

• 1 month later...

Archived