Awaking (元衛覺醒) [chinese Band]

Guest Xiaoba1tu

Guest Xiaoba1tu

I only heard of them recently and I really liked one of their songs. It's really nostalgic and sweet.

I'm recommending it to those who like slowish/ballad Chinese songs.

Here's the mv: Xiang Ge Xiao Hai

The song is Track 7, from their 下流社會 No Money Still Be Happy album. (You can listen to #2 & #4 too, the link is there)

Album listing

1. 笑掉江湖

3. 分手礼

4. 驼鸟

5. 机车人生

6. 给我一枪

7. 像给小孩

8. 虹彩她妹妹

9. 只要一秒一起

10. 梧桐

They don't have a Wikipedia page but I know they are under the label, Capitol Music Taiwan.

It's a ballad type of song, and I'm not really into these songs usually but I liked it after listening to it once.

I don't think they are hugely popular because I can't find much info on them.

Any thoughts on this band/their songs are welcome. ^^

Guest himang34

Yup...

Heard of them..

this is not their first album btw..~~

(:

this is a little intro of their new album i found @ z-degrees

Taiwanese singer-songwriter duo Awaking emerges from their two-year slumber with a brand new album of pop rock sounds. After signing with new label EMI, Wesley and Jay trucked off to the States for a month to work on their album, and they came back with No Money Still Be Happy. The album's songs reflect the duo's youthful energy and their hardships over the last two years, floating around the Taiwan entertainment scene without stable income. Fortunately, their talent and perseverance have brought them back to music's fold.

A bit irreverent, a bit introspective, and all catchy, No Money Still Be Happy continues the musical style of their previous albums, singing the spirit of Taiwan's youth with energetic melodies, sunny arrangements, and colloquialism-laden lyrics. The album comes with ten new songs including "Breakup Ceremony" (Track 3), "Give Me a Shot" (Track 6), "Like a Child" (Track 7), and title track "Lower Class Society" (Track 2). Composed by Wesley, this fun, uptempo track laments the state of being young and poor, while taking pride in being "lower class" and living freely.

and they wrote this song for xu ruo xuan before..

titled "dream" -

You can check out their previous album.. 幸福下载

title song wind of summer 夏天的风

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

ooh I think I know who they are

they're the ones with the long hair right??

They're not popular per se, but they're known and admired

which is better than being known and looked down on don't ya think?

Guest Xiaoba1tu

Thanks himang34 for the extra info!

Oh ok, I'll check out the other album songs in a sec.

--

Glad to know others like their songs.

--

StarryEyeSurprise: um.. yeah the singer does have longish hair. Not sure about the other band members.

edit//ok, there's only two members and they both have longish hair.

Guest SOCKBUNNY

I remember when they first came out almost 3 years ago, I really like their first album too.

especially 夏天的風 it's so light hearted, it reminds me of summer everytime I hear it :D

Guest x3louiishaarhh

i know about them ;DDD i got their album when they came out . they looked cool cus they're kinda like new ? i reckon track 9 is the best song . the title is actually 只要一秒在一起 theyre not bad . since they compose their own music ? and theyre like really young so yeh :]

Guest slipperss

I also know about them. YuanJie is cute, and Wesley is really talented. One of my favourite groups, classified under “实力派”. “天空”,is composed by Wesley, one of their hit song. I got their Xing fu xia dai album.

• 7 months later...

I was in Taiwan when they debuted their second album, and they totally stole my heart.

They went on hiatus for awhile after that until their most recent album, and so I lost track of them for a few years. They're not very mainstream, which is why not many people know them. I love the sense of humour that they infuse in their music.

Archived