[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xling06

singaporean but studying in australia here! (:

while searching for MY GIRL on youtube, i happened to come across GOONG, and never regretted watching it (: its one of the best, and i will highly recommend it to my friends, hee hee.

me and my korean friend enjoys moments between CG and SHIN XP

i cant wait till its out on dvd or vcd, and i want the song track!

anyone knows, if the song track is out on cd in singapore? (:

hee hee, i love goong :D

Currently the OST is not in Singapore yet but I know yesasia is selling it....hoping to get it there! heehee I think the OST is really nice.....

I think I saw one (Eun Hye's Trofish life size poster ) at China square....did not know it is her until I watch

Goong....Yap I think it will be some time then the DVD will start to appear in Singapore...but I hope to buy the better quality one such as PMP, innoform, etc....or maybe yesasia will be selling those original from korea?? :unsure:

you are so lucky...I could not get hold of the manga as it out of stock now....was looking for the E-manga (chinese version) but have not find it yet...... :tears:

i am kinda afraid that mbc will have the dvd without the Ngs? I want the dvds with Ngs and behind the scenes and with english subs!!

i bought the full hse's director cuts from yesasia but the Ngs DO NOT have subtitles. -.-

u know how depressin that is?

Guest Jesw_21

Here's the I-Weekly Mag No. 436 dated 9 Mar 2006

Imagcover1.jpg

Scan0012.jpg

English translation as below:

Best Korean Drama

Modern Fairytale - GOONG

Adapted from Korean popular Manga 'GOONG', it is about a college girl ,ChaeGyeong who follows her granddad's wish and marry into the Palace, to become the King-to-be ,Crown Prince Shin Lee's wife. faced with the complicated palace regulations and life ,and with a cold-hearted husband Shin Lee, the once cheerful ChaeGyeong is beginning to face difficulties adapting to palace's life. But through time with Shin, she begins to understand the reasons behind Shin's loneliness due to his life in boring Palace,and she slowly develope feelings for Shin.

when GOONG was first broadcasted in Korea, its ratings was low, and picked up slowly and while other dramas which maintains at 20% viewership, GOONG hit 26.3% high ratings ,thus becoming Korea's every wed/thurs top drama.

although the plot is nothing new(just like eg.Pretty Woman), but with storyline of the Palace conflicts which is similar to 'Dae Jang Geum', with lavish sets and pretty costumes, GOONG successfully attract huge audience successfully ......

**Credits: Jessica Wee**

pardon me if my translation is not up to standard.....enjoy! :P

Guest amane86

Hihi! welcome to the goong family!! hmm actually i dun think they will end it like that since they are going to come out with the 2nd season next yr?

YOU SURE IT'S NEXT YEAR?? It's.. SO LONG!!!

:crazy:

**can cry dee**

Guest p3nnyl4m

I think I saw one (Eun Hye's Trofish life size poster ) at China square....did not know it is her until I watch

Goong....Yap I think it will be some time then the DVD will start to appear in Singapore...but I hope to buy the better quality one such as PMP, innoform, etc....or maybe yesasia will be selling those original from korea?? :unsure:

you are so lucky...I could not get hold of the manga as it out of stock now....was looking for the E-manga (chinese version) but have not find it yet...... :tears:

Have been reading this thread two weeks already.. and hey! i am also a singaporean! I din recognise YEH until i watched goong! and she looked so nice in it! And i think the VCD will come out sooner than ever.. look at MNIKSS and Bi's newest show! It came out 1 month after it was aired in Korea... or so i think... -cross fingers...who knows we might get to buy the VCD in april! :w00t:

Hi, a Singaporean here too!!

Last sunday just went to SA travel fair to book 8 days korea tour. I told them that I wanted to go Jeju and asked specifically to go to the Teddy Bear Museum. There are some koreans there and i told them that i saw the drama "Goong" and they were like "Goong??" than 1 lady who understands chinese told the other girls "Gung" "MBC!" and than they all "Ah....Gung".....

Just saw todays repeat of showbiz extra/pops in seoul on Arirang (i think rebby already uploaded those videos). Hope they will show Goong on Arirang and not all those old old drama.

i went to korea with SA tours too, 8-days and it covered the Teddy Bear Museum :)

Guest kyotoji

I have re-watched the episodes again. and heee... some discoveries that i would like to share

with all of u, esp my spot-small-scene buddy - ay_link (oo.. check the name list below, hmmm not around at this time...so *waves to you* now so that u will be greeted with my warm welcome when u login) ;)

Episode 13

1) We all knew that Shin was dressed in polka dots at some times. Hee... i discovered this in episode 13 -

When Great Queen asked CG to her room, she was wearing polka dots high-heeled shoes.

hahaha... if only Shin was wearing his polka dots shirt. We can see a real couple match.

2) Great Queen suggested that they went for an outing without anyone else except them, SG replied that there are rules and laws to be abide. I saw Shin's face changed and give a "huh? what? why don't you agree and join us" look (not sure is this a good description to describe, will edit if i find a better description, hope u gals/guys understand what i am trying to say). I suppose he was very eager to have a trip with CG. Can see that he was eager and longed to see her in the 1st place already. The very 1st moment CG sat down and started talking to Great Queen. She didn't bother to look at Shin. But... (i hope my eyes are not playing tricks with me) Shin's eyes was already peeping on her in a lower angle.

3) In the outing scene among the 3 of them - Great Queen, Shin and CG. I discovered that Shin's clothes style change drastically. He was wearing like what nowadays youngsters are wearing - hip-hop type of jeans (baggy type) + chains slinging from one end to another. Very different from suits and formal wear that he has previously.

4) In the hapbang scene, the way that CG places her legs on the small table when playing chess shooting (i dunno what is exactly, so i just described) is really very casual, very open. Really shows what she is as a real person - no hiding, just a real self CG.

There is a scene when CG refuses to get into the bed cos of the headset. Shin still unknown with the reason and said angrily "I don't want to sleep beside a wife who freeze to death."...

Hmmm... does that mean he has already treated CG as his true wife, just that he still don't admit to her yet?

* Will be back with more if i have time and has discovered something to be shared. *

Guest xling06

i am kinda afraid that mbc will have the dvd without the Ngs? I want the dvds with Ngs and behind the scenes and with english subs!!

i bought the full hse's director cuts from yesasia but the Ngs DO NOT have subtitles. -.-

u know how depressin that is?

yap...totally understand your feeling.....I hope they do release one with NGs and with subtitles.....if I am not wrong I bought Lover in paris (from Singapore) dvd and it come with special feature such as NGs but I think they do not have subtitles as welll.....and I was like "OH NOOOOOOoooooooooo" :tears:

so let's keep our finger crossed!

I just bought this week's chinese i-weekly and they introduced Goong, (Shinwa's Eric) Wolf n Spring Waltz as the most popular Korean dramas in 2006. There's a picture of the 4 main Goong characters :)

nice to see GOONG in i weekly :)

iweekly1tn.jpg

Guest xling06

Just wondering, have you people (Singapore goongers) met up before? what this trip to goong restaurant? Is there such a restaurant featuring the drama or just a restaurant with the name "goong"? :unsure:

Where did you people get the goong hp strip from? :unsure:

Guest amane86

If it's really going to have season2 in WInter of 2007..

why it is so far apart??

Wondering..

I heard lots of stories about the season 2.

Some say it's the extra 4 episod after the 20 epi..

some say it's right after they finish the season1.

Some say there's not going to have..

I wonder which one is real..

Where you read the news from?

Guest shred

thank you all for the preview uploads and translations :wub:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/berenelen/shoe2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/berenelen/shoe.jpg

Aren't they cute? I encourage everyone to make their own CG shoes, the ones on GMarket are a ripoff. :tongue2:

these are very cute. if i could find plain ballet flats - i'd ask your sister to draw these for me ;) she could definitely do this for business :)

So far, i'm really loving it tho there are some draggy parts or maybe becoz i'm not really interested with theo oldies... hahaha!!!

hmmm maja, i wouldn't call it literally draggy but i usually skip scenes of Yul's mom when i watch the unsubbed episode simply because i have no interest on her :lol: then there are scenes that deserve to be watched over and over again ... ie. the beginning of Eppy 16!

You know other than awesome cinematography, Goong probably has the best photography/photgraphers too...

i agree. Goong has got to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing dramas i've seen. i just love how vibrant the clothes (traditional or modern) and sets are.

(AHAH. 1337 pages. *childish*)

Yul's pink v-neck shirt ... OH, I HAVE NO WORDS. Asian boys and their fruity oufits. xD

:lol: KJH can definitely pull off hot pink sweaters IMO, i like it!

look at the 2 boys showing off their cleavage(s)

and ho-toot wrapped up to the chin... :lol:

HAHAHAHA!!!

Guest suzziee

i went to korea with SA tours too, 8-days and it covered the Teddy Bear Museum :)

yeah~it's the WInter of 2007 season 2

rebby i went to the teddy bear museum too!! maybe we wsent to the same tour. kekekke

sorry to break the party up but..

can i please remind you that this is NOT a convo thread. please do all plans for meetups and gathering via PM.

thx

-suz

Guest Gotericshin

episode 14 REALLY GOOOOOOOOD ^^ and i'm glad its more than 16eps right? = more Goong = *me dancing*

Guest em1812

thank you guys for the ep 17 previews!

anyways, if anyone is looking for the chinese translated version of the manhwa and know how to use clubbox, you can check out the yycaf clubbox. it has up to vol 10 rite now. :D

okay, I already asked this, but I'll ask again...

how much do we think these episodes are going to follow the manhwa?

so far we have all the friends gathered (like on the school trip) and we know CG will overhear Shin and Hyorin talking about their plans to study abroad and feeling all heartbroken... sniff sniff.. too much sadness...

PS suzziee, thanks for the reminder that this is not a convo thread! seriously kids, it's hard enough to get through 20+ pages of new Goong posts a day without 1/2 of them being about where everyone is from! no offense, but that's why the new "rules" were posted on page one. Thanks!

Archived