Change (j-drama Spring 2008)

Guest jade_frost

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jade_frost

Asakura has a wife? I wonder who that would be...

That's referring to Keita's father, and not Keita himself.

The official website has just been launched. Nothing much to see for now and given the Johnny's Jimusho policy there'll be no images of Kimutaku.

Introduction

No prospect of solutions to the pension problem, repeated bribery and corruption scandals, the Prime Minister's shock resignation ... this is the problem-fraught Japanese politics of the moment. Everyone feels resentment and doubt while following the daily news. Even in the US, a heated presidential primary election has unfolded. Now, the focus of the world is increasingly trained on the political arena. It is precisely because of this that the present getsu-9 is delivering to audiences politics depicted as full of dreams and hope.

Kimura-san stars as Asakura Keita, an elementary school teacher who spends fulfilling days surrounded by children. Keita has absolutely no interest in politics but by some turn of events becomes a lawmaker, and then the Prime Minister. An elementary school teacher as the Prime Minister?! That's a bolt out of the blue ... Keita is at the mercy of the wily Nagata-cho politicians but likewise struggles with those who wish for a better Japan. The Prime Minister is mindful of the sentiments of the common people, has the perspective of the man in the street, and is not afraid to say he doesn't know when he doesn't understand something.

Fukatsu Eri-san plays Miyama Rika, the competent secretary who supports Keita, a novice in politics. Rika is a talented woman who graduated from a famous university and an ambitious female who wants to change Japan. Keita proves to be quite formidable in using honorific speech and the dialogue between the inexperienced Prime Minister and his capable secretary will be one of the drama's highlights. Dissatisfied with her assignment to the novice Prime Minister but having no illusions that she'll have to work together with him for the sake of career progress, Rika gradually finds herself drawn to Keita's nature ... Will they go beyond being work partners and "love develop"?

At the presidential primary election being conducted in the US now, the election strategist is the person who holds the key to determining the success or failure of an election. Abe Hiroshi-san portrays Keita's election strategist, Nirasawa Katsutoshi. He plays a crucial part in elevating the completely inexperienced elementary school teacher to a lawmaker and then Prime Minister.

Terao Akira-san joins the cast as Kanbayashi Masaichi, an important politician. Kanbayashi's actions are also something not to be missed because of the manipulations behind the scenes in the course of making Keita the Prime Minister.

Guest thislove

OMG, Kimura!!! It seems like forever since his Wealthy Family drama aired last yr. Finally, another drama from Kimura. Sounds interesting, he's always picking up different roles.

Guest jade_frost

It was reported that filming for the drama has finally begun.

Internet reports said that filming was done at an elementary school on 22 and 23 March and the location wasn't Nagano prefecture as was outlined in the drama's introduction but an elementary school in one of the cities.

Guest HollyBeth

I really can't wait to see this drama.. Kimura and Hiroshi again.. It's like they are having a mini "Hero" reunion.. I can't wait to see how both of them deal with a new roles..

It looks like they are really are making a good drama...

Guest Maia-chan

I really can't wait to see this drama.. Kimura and Hiroshi again.. It's like they are having a mini "Hero" reunion.. I can't wait to see how both of them deal with a new roles..

It looks like they are really are making a good drama...

It does look a lot like a Hero reunion already! Even the screenwriter, director and producer are all from Hero days! :rolleyes:

Guest jicks

That's a big change. :D
^lol

*HOPS AROUND w/ SPARKLERS POPPING* The Jdorama king is back!!

I'll watch anything w/ Kimura Takuya in it. Heck I adore him @_______@

Hooray for this thread. Hopefully official images will be along the way soon XD XD

Guest jade_frost

Well, Kimura Takuya apparently discussed the drama Change during his radio talk show What's Up Smap! yesterday night. He started filming on 22 March. Only 10 minutes has been filmed (I think he's referring to the duration he has filmed). He also said that he had given the album with Madonna's track to Fukatsu Eri, and declined to mention the date of the drama's broadcast.

Guest HollyBeth

Is there any photos of the Drama?? I know it's coming out in two weeks, but I am wondering if there is any photos???

Thanks to the person who finds them.. I really can't wait to see this drama...

Thanks a bunch....

Guest jade_frost

Kimura Takuya stars as PM in Getsu9!

Kimura Takuya, who has hitherto taken on roles in a variety of professions, returns to Getsu9 after three years with the ultimate job. That of Prime Minister. Kimura's character, Asakura Keita, an elementary school teacher is of ordinary birth but is made a lawmaker because of an incident and eventually goes on to become the Prime Minister. He struggles together with those who secretly want a better Japan although he's at the mercy of the ulterior motives of the politicians. Untainted by politics, Keita's bold manner of speaking as though it were the sensibilities of the common people gradually gets influenced by his surroundings. Fukatsu Eri stars as the premier's ambitious secretary, Miyama Rika.

Source: TV Life

Guest jade_frost

Is there any photos of the Drama?? I know it's coming out in two weeks, but I am wondering if there is any photos???

Thanks to the person who finds them.. I really can't wait to see this drama...

Thanks a bunch....

I don't think there's anything available at the moment. As you would have read, in the posts they started filming just recently. Furthermore, the date of broadcast has just been announced for 12 May so you'll just have to wait.

Relationship Chart

Change_Chart.jpg

Kimura Takuya as Asakura Keita (35)

An elementary school teacher. He is made to enter politics due to the sudden deaths of his father and elder brother, and rapidly rises from lawmaker to Prime Minister.

Fukatsu Eri as Miyama Rika (35)

Principal secretary to Prime Minister. She sets her sights on Keita and rushes to persuade him to run as a candidate in the election and finds herself gradually drawn towards him.

Abe Hiroshi as Nirasawa Katsutoshi (44)

An election strategist sent to Keita's election headquarters. He works out a succession of strategies for the success of the election campaign.

Terao Akira as Kanbayashi Masaichi (59)

General council chairman of the ruling party. Because of the deaths of ruling party lawmaker, Asakura Makoto, and his eldest son, Masaya, he shifts his focus to the second son, Asakura Keita.

Kato Rosa as Miyamoto Hikaru(23)

An assistant in Keita's election campaign. Is she attracted to Keita?

Guest michtiu_888

it seems like they filmed it too quickly.. well i just hope this turns out to be another good work from Takuya.. :)

Guest jade_frost

Fuji TV announced on the SMAP x SMAP Spring 2008 Special that Change, the new Getsu9 drama, will start on 12 May in an unprecedented move for the Monday golden time slot. The television network cited programming strategy as the reason.

Could it be a publicity stunt? Or are they taking the title Change very seriously?

Guest cybercaptain

^ They are taking the title pretty seriously. :/

Not sure if it's post, but you can watch the CM for the drama here.

Guest HollyBeth

Thank you Everyone for letting me know the new information....

Oh, Man.. I have to wait until May 12... I am not even going to be able to watch it at all.. I am leaving for my vacation...

But there is always the internet... haha...

Thanks for the help and news...

Also, I kind of like the song... It's kind of cool...

Archived