天上智喜 (CSJH) The Grace Official Thread

xman150

Dana & Sunday With Coffee Project 1: Americano 12.20.11
Under Construction Borrowed from Eternal-Shapley The Grace 天上智喜 Trivia: * Also known as: TSZX The Grace, CSJH The Grace (천상지희 The Grace), Tenjochiki (天上智喜), The Grace * Genre(s): They debuted as an a capella dance group and are known to be very versatile. The genres they have tackled are: Pop, K-pop, J-pop, A cappella, RnB, Dance, Hip-Hop, Rap, and Cross-overs. * Occupations: Singers, Dancers, Models, Actresses * Years active: 2005-present * Label(s): SM Entertainment (Korea), Avex Inc. (Taiwan/China), CRSC (China) Avex Trax (Japan), Rhythm Zone (Japan) * Website: 천상지희 (Korean), 天上智喜 TJCK (Japanese) * Members: Dana The Grace, Lina The Grace, Sunday The Grace, Stephanie The Grace * Fan Club: Shapley (named after the largest known megacluster in the universe, Shapley, whose brightest points are four very bright stars which can be seen from Earth) * Official Color(s): Pearl Pink (previous: Pastel Rose Pink) Awards: * 2005: Best New Singer Group (12th South Korean Performing Arts Awards) * 2005: Best Foreign Singer Group (3rd South-East Music Ceremony) * 2006: Hallyu All Star Award (13th South Korean Performing Arts Awards) * 2007: Air-Monitor Chart #1 * 2007: Daily Album Chart #1 (Hanteo Charts) * 2007: Best Female Group (KBS Music Bank, May 28th, 2007) * 2007: 1st Place "한번 더, OK?" (Mnet M!Countdown, June 7th, 2007) * 2007: Mutizen Song Award "한번 더, OK?" (SBS Inki Gayo, June 17th, 2007) * 2007: Piranha-Most Streamed Song #1 (J-POP Online Charts August 2007) * 2007: Best Female Group (14th South Korean Performing Arts Awards, October 6th, 2007) * 2007: Best Dance (2007 M.NET/KM Music Festival, November 17th, 2007) The Grace (Korean: 천상지희 더 그레이스; Chinese: 天上智喜 The Grace) is a South Korean a capella girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2005. It consists of four members that specialize in singing, dancing, and acting. The quartet debuted in 2005 and since then, the group has gained popularity in South Korea, a number of other Asian countries, and even beyond Asia. Currently, much of their activity occurs in Japan. The Grace was known as TSZX before the promotion of their 3rd Korean single (My Everything) around the end of 2006, at which the group changed their name to The Grace to signal the change of the group's style to a more “graceful” one. TSZX is the romanization of the Mandarin Chinese pronunciation, Tiān Shàng Zhì Xǐ. Their name was also simplified to CSJH, the romanization of the Korean pronunciation, Chun (Cheon) Sang Ji Hee. Both simplifications are still widely used to refer to the band despite the change in the official name. However, in Japan, the group is still officially known as Tenjōchiki, which is also abbreviated (though less frequently) as TJCK. Cheon Sang Ji Hee means "Heaven Above Wisdom Joy" which approximately means "Heavenly Wisdom and Happiness" Introducing THE GRACE: * Birth Name: Lee Jiyeon (이지연) * Stage Name: Shangmei Lina (上美Lina), Sangmi Lina (상미린아), Lina The Grace * Stage Name Meaning: Beauty from Above (Beauty of Heaven) * Birth Date: February 18, 1984 (1984-02-18) (age 24) * Height: 168 cm (5.5 ft) * Blood Type: A * Specialty: Singing, Modeling, Acting, Rock, Hip-hop, Piano, Chinese (basic), Korean (fluent), Japanese (fluent) * Favorite Artists: Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Linkin Park * Other Works: One album (Tell Me Baby, 2002) as part of IsakNJiyeon; Two music videos as part of IsakNJiyeon ( One and Tell Me Baby); Female part in S' "I Swear", Kangta & Vanness' "Scandal" (KOR | CHN ), The TRAX's "First Rain", Chu Ga Yeol's "Hal Mal Ee Neo Mu Mahna Yo", and Fly to the Sky's "Goodbye" music videos; Modeled for Ed Hardy's Kobe Collection, Uni-Mall and many others. * Background: Lina (Jiyeon) first showed up on the Korean music scene as member of the girl duo IsakNJiyeon, managed by SM Entertainment. The group, which debuted in 2002, was supposed to be the female version of the popular male duo Fly To The Sky (FTTS), also managed by SM Entertainment. IsakNJiyeon achieved success and was at their peak with their "Tell Me Baby" album, however the duo disbanded soon after the album's release. Many think the disbandment was due to low album sales and lack of popularity, but that wasn't the case. The only problem with the duo was timing: Isak had to go back to her home in southern California because of her family situation (her American father and Korean mother separated). Both girls remained in SM Entertainment and are still close friends to this day. Isak moved on to modeling, DJ and VJ for Arirang TV, MC of many music shows in Korea, and acting roles in network television. Jiyeon also moved on to modeling as well as acting, starring in many music videos from SM artists. SM Entertainment was not about to let this beautiful vocalist go to waste. In 2004, SM casted Jiyeon as a candidate for a female project group which eventually became CSJH The Grace. She was renamed Lina at the group's debut. * Birth Name: Hong Sungmi (홍성미) * Stage Name: Xiyue Dana (喜悦Dana), Heeyeol Dana (희열다나), Dana The Grace * Stage Name Meaning: Happiness (Happiness of Heaven) * Birth Date: July 17, 1986 (1986-07-17) (age 22) * Height: 171 cm (5.6 ft) * Blood Type: O * Specialty: Singing, Acting, Flute, Dancing, Chinese (conversational), Korean (fluent), Japanese (fluent) * Favorite Artists: Brandy, Norah Jones, Ashanti, Radiohead, Brian McKnight, Justin Timberlake, MAXWELL * Other Works: Two albums as a soloist (Until the End of the World, 2001; Maybe, 2003); three music videos as a soloist ( Diamond, What Is Love?, Maybe ), Kangta's "Polaris" music video, H.O.T.'s Age of Peace movie; played a main role in the popular sitcom Nonstop. * Background: Dana debuted in 2001 as SM Entertainment's second solo artist. Personally chosen by founder and CEO Lee SooMan, Dana was expected to rise as the "next BoA". Prior to debut, she received promotion as an actress in popular boy band H.O.T's Age of Peace movie and in Kangta's "Polaris" music video. In 2001, DANA released her fairly successful first single "Seh Sang Kkeut Kka Ji" (Until The End of The World), composed by European songwriter Stefan Aberg. The song was originally titled "Tell Me No More Lies". That same year, she released an album with the same name along with other singles, such as the popular "Diamond", a pop/dance track featuring Jung Yunho (U-Know Yunho, who eventually became a member and leader of TSZX's famous counterpart,TVXQ, in 2003). Her career blossomed and continued with promotions, by appearing on variety shows such as X-MAN, as well as playing a main role in the sitcom, Nonstop 3. Her second album release (Maybe) in 2003, however, was not very popular and sold poorly. From that point on, Dana disappeared from the music industry (aside from SMTOWN collaborations) until the debut of The Grace in 2005. For the group's fourth Japanese single, she composed the music and lyrics to her own solo song "Sayonara No Mukou Ni" (Beyond the Goodbye). Due to her earlier debut in the Korean music industry, Dana is seen as the leader of CSJH The Grace, although she has denied this in an interview, stating that each member has an equal status in the group. * Birth Name: Jin Bora (진보라), Jin Seoyun (진서윤) * Stage Name: Zhisheng Sunday (智聲Sunday) , Jisung Sunday (지성선데), Sunday The Grace * Stage Name Meaning: Wise Voice (Soft Voice of Heaven) * Birth Date: January 12, 1987 (1987-01-12) (age 21) * Height: 165 cm (5.4 ft) * Specialty: Singing, Drawing, Dancing, Acting, Chinese (basic), Korean (fluent), Japanese (fluent) * Favorite Artists: Sheryl Crow, Maroon 5, Avril Lavinge, Coldplay, Whitney Huston, Jamiroquai * Other Works: Two Japanese singles as a soloist (リラの片想い Lira no Kataomoi, 2004; ウソツキBOY Usotsuki Boy, 2005); Fly To The Sky's "Maybe God Knows" music video. * Background: Jin Bora, was first heard of when information was leaked from SM Entertainment in 2002. Initially training to become a solo singer, many people speculated that Bora would be the "second" BoA. SM later changed Bora's name to "Sunday", in an effort to stop the comparisons. Sunday debuted in Japan in the summer of 2004, where she was introduced as BoA's "sister". However, the single (リラの片想い Lira no Kataomoi) was poorly promoted and was not very successful. Sunday was also featured on the 2004 SMTOWN summer album, along with Ji-Yeon, DANA and Stephanie. Sunday's second Japanese single, ウソツキBOY (Usotsuki Boy), was released in April of 2005. The song was produced by M-FLO, but again was not promoted well. Surprisingly, the single received positive response even with the little promotion it had. By that time, Sunday was already casted as the final member of TSZX. Sunday's budding solo career was put on hold when she debuted with TSZX in 2005. Sunday is known as the dorky outgoing one of the group and is often caught trying to make her fellow members and others around her laugh. * Birth Name: Kim Bokyung (김보경), Stephanie Kim (스테파니 김) * Stage Name: Tianwu Stephanie (天舞Stephanie), Chunmu Stephanie (천무스테파니), Stephanie The Grace * Stage Name Meaning: Dance of the Sky (Dance of Heaven) * Birth Date: October 16, 1987 (1987-10-16) (age 20) * Height: 168 cm (5.5 ft) * Blood Type: O * Specialty: Singing, Ballet, Jazz Dance, Hip-hop, Chinese (basic), Korean (fluent), English (fluent), Japanese (fluent) * Favorite Artists: Alicia Keys, Beyonce Knowles * Other Works: Ballet soloist and principal dancer in "Beauty and the Beast", "Copellia","Midsummer Night's Dream" and various other ballets and musicals; modeled for Got Milk?; female part in Kangta & Vanness' "127 Day" (KOR | CHN ) music video. * Individual Award: Grand Prix and Best Singer at the 7th SM Ent; BEST Competition * Background: Stephanie Kim, who is called Bo-Kyung in Korean, started studying ballet at the age of 5. One of the main reasons her family moved from South Korea to San Diego, California was to further her ballet training. In the States, Stephanie became a promising ballerina and was a member and principal dancer of a top ballet troupe in California--the Tommy Award winning Southern California Youth Ballet. She was offered a scholarship to the prestigious Boston Ballet University, however she turned it down when the famous SM Entertainment came knocking. She was signed after participating and winning the annual Southern California Teen Best Competition in 2004. Shortly after being signed, she moved back to Korea to train. Stephanie debuted with TSZX in April 2005, after less than a year of training. As an American, she is naturally fluent in English, and is the youngest yet the most mature member of the group. Pre-debut Although SM Entertainment was home to famous girl group S.E.S, it was not able to find similar success in its other groups after the group disbanded at the end of 2002. Other girl groups such as M.I.L.K., IsakNJiyeon, and Shinvi failed to succeed in the Korean music market. However in December of 2003, the boy band TVXQ debuted and became a great success all over Asia. In the same year, four SM female singers released a song in the seasonal album, 2004 Summer Vacation in SMTOWN.com, a re-recording of Dana's solo song "바램 (Fight To The End)". Besides Dana, other known SM artists included Jiyeon (from IsakNJiyeon) plus two new faces: Sunday and Stephanie, recorded the song. Dana had already released two solo albums,(Until The End of the World; 2001 and Maybe; 2003) in Korea. Though her first album did well, the second, failed to catch an audience, due to much comparison with her senior, BoA. Jiyeon (Lina), as a member of IsakNJiyeon, released one album in 2003, titled Tell Me Baby. A convincing actress, she acted and featured in many of her seniors' music videos and company commercials. She also modeled for various companies. Sunday had been an exclusive trainee for SM since 2002. She changed her real name, Bora, to avoid comparisons with BoA, a fellow SM member and one of the most successful SM artists to date. She released two singles in Japan between 2004 and 2005: "リラの片想い" ("Lira no Kataomoi") and "ウソツキBOY" ("UsotsukiBOY"). Both singles had low sales, even though UsotsukiBOY was produced by the famous Japanese rap duo, M-FLO. She had to live in Japan for two years befor her debut; as a result, she became fluent in the Japanese language. Stephanie was discovered by SM scouts after winning the annual Southern California "Teen Best Competition" in 2004. She had trained in ballet since the age of 5. At that time, she moved from Korea to San Diego, California, and took part in a California based ballet group. She was offered a scholarship to the prestigious Boston Ballet University but she turned it down for SM Entertainment. As an American, she is fluent in English. As their voices matched well, SM decided to make the four a new K-pop group, which, following TVXQ's steps, would also be an a cappella group. This new band would aim success not only in their home country of South Korea, but also China and Asia as a whole. They had a pre-debut showcase on September 14, 2004, but they had their official debut in China eight months later. The group name was conceived using their new stage names: Dana was then known as Xiyue Dana (Heeyeol Dana), Jiyeon was Shangmei Lina (Sangmi Lina), Sunday was Zhisheng Sunday (Jisung Sunday), and Stephanie was Tianwu Stephanie (Chunmu Stephanie). Their official name became TSZX (Chun Sang Ji Hee) (Hangul: 천상지희; Hanja: 天上智喜) which means "Wisdom and Joy above the Firmament (Heaven)".

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ♡ Mrs Jung Ji Hoon ♡

my goodness, Dana is REALLY tall.

at first.. i thought they were okay.. then i started not liking them after Boomerang.. but the song's grown on me now that it's like.. over, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

All I know is that Lina can sing REALLY well and dance o_O

And STEPHANIE TOO

I fell in love with Stephanie ._.

I'mnotlesbothoughxD

Stephanie really blew me away with her dancing and singing <3

I can't believe Steph's only 2 years older than me ._.

I thought she was at least 20 ;_;

i luv dem all <3

:mellow: does tat mean Jiyeon n Dana can speack chinese fluently???

if so....YAY! lol

DANA is suppose to be able to speak fluently, her college major is chinese so she probably can at least understand fully if not speak it fluently. Theres clip where they all speak their different languanges and DANA spoke chinese. Her pronunciation was very good, especially compared to most foreign speakers. JiYeon is still learning chinese, while Sunday is very very fluent in japanese and Stephanie is also very fluent in english. :)

Guest JAEHEEE

I luff Jiyeon :3

Eversince Isak N Jiyeon<3 HAHA.

She's my FAVORITE member in CSJH<3

But Stephanie is my 2nd favorite xD<3

I love her. She sings so good & dances amazingly<3

She's only 1 year older than me, & I love her hair colour HAHA : x

Sunday<3

I liked her eversince the Usotsuki BOY<3

Sucha cute & happy song ~ she sings good too..

Although her voice is annoying @ times. : x

Dana is okay xD

Personally I don't think she matches CSJH's image for Boomerang.

But she sings great & she's cute : 3

Scruff. : 3

CSJH is my favorite girl group.

& I have NO CLUE why those TVXQ fans hate on them so much

-__________-x it's quite annoying & embarrassing to be a TVXQ fan, with fans like that.

DANA is suppose to be able to speak fluently, her college major is chinese so she probably can at least understand fully if not speak it fluently. Theres clip where they all speak their different languanges and DANA spoke chinese. Her pronunciation was very good, especially compared to most foreign speakers. JiYeon is still learning chinese, while Sunday is very very fluent in japanese and Stephanie is also very fluent in english. :)

really? awesome, where can i find the clip ? :)

Guest rapunzel283

Oooh does anyone know what the song was that Lina, Sunday and Dana danced to at the Star Dance Battle? I can't figure it out! Its a hot song! <3

Guest Jenii.E

they're probably learning chinese, but i dont think they can speak chinese fluently.

KTH <3

^ o i c i c :) tats cool~

do yoo haf the clip :D

I really want to see this dance battle thing but the video store says they don't have it ><

Well anyways

The reason that I got into CSJH was because of Stephanie. She was so beautiful. I listened to too good. And then I was like wow. I hope that the chinese member measures up to the standards

Archived