HAYAO MIYAZAKI the EXTREMELY talented artist of

Guest icetreeun

Guest icetreeun
"Spirited Away", "Princess Mononoke", "Howl
^ "Howl's Moving Castle" got cut off;; Anyone else a fan of him? I just saw "Howl's Moving Castle" and I just fell even more in love with his artwork :wub: The anime is so breathtaking and intricate . . . gah~ ><

Guest bloopy_babo

I love SPIRTED AWAY. I want to go download is other two movies since I havent been able to catch it on Cartoon Network. I love his storylines.

Guest bioshiva07

i've watched 75% of his movies. half of them i watched in chiense. i'm so glad that english subbed ones are coming out now! so much easier to understand. the music and the concepts are superb. this guy is a genius.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

I've seen a number of his works. What I find most fascinating is not the details in his art nor the storylines but the imagination behind them. His works make me think of a child's imagination come-to-life yet adult-like.

Doesn't make sense? It's hard for me to make it make sense.

Guest revontulet

Every since I watched Mononoke Hime I've loved his work! His drawings and story take my breath away<3 I saw Spirited Away (japanese title is so long T__T) before that but I saw it again and I love it more than Mononoke Hime ;D

Guest Take Five

i'm more of a laputa and kiki's delivery service fan. spirited away just didn't appeal to me. and there's still a crapload of his movies i have to watch.

Guest chu-phie

i love miyazaki and all of his works. from castle in the sky to spirited away ^__^ i can't wait to watch his new movies that are comnig out!

Guest icetreeun

What I find most fascinating is not the details in his art nor the storylines but the imagination behind them. His works make me think of a child's imagination come-to-life yet adult-like.

^ yeah I know! The drawings and concepts seem simple (compared to other anime) yet sophisticated and fantastically developed.

His multi-dimensional creations have so much DEPTH!!!

can't seem to stop praising them :P

Guest Yuffie

I've seen a number of his works. What I find most fascinating is not the details in his art nor the storylines but the imagination behind them. His works make me think of a child's imagination come-to-life yet adult-like.

Doesn't make sense? It's hard for me to make it make sense.

Yes! Very well said. His works are masterpieces.

I've only seen Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I have a lot to catch up on, I know.

Guest precious4e

Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke... i loved all of them.... They played all/most of his animes during January on Turners Classic Movies.. i stayed up til 3 watching them!!

Alot of them are sad and made me wanna cry... especially for the environment!!

Guest michinsarang

I looooooooove miyazaki <3. I've watched almost all his pieces with the exception of some of his really old rarer pieces.

Guest akira53

Howls Moving Castle, Mononoke Hime and Grave of the Fireflies...I liked those two. I didn't like Spirited Away...didn't really understand the story <_<...but the artwork is pretty amazing.

Guest yuki-chan

^ Grave of the fireflies wasn't directed by him though?

anyways ...

i love nearly all this movies!!

i watched nearly everyone of them except Porco Rosso ^^;; n i love them all!! Laputa, Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited away are the ones i adore the most! love em love em! ^__^

Guest simpleandpink

Isn't there already a thread on him?

Anyways, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my favorites. I've watched all except Laputa and Nausicaa, but those two really stood out to me.

Guest precious4e

^ Grave of the fireflies wasn't directed by him though?

Grave of the Fireflies was directed by Isao Takahata who works with Hayao Miyazaki

I recommended that anime to my friend and he cursed me for a good day or so cuz it got him so depressed LOL... i still say its good though....

Guest revontulet

i'm more of a laputa and kiki's delivery service fan. spirited away just didn't appeal to me. and there's still a crapload of his movies i have to watch.

Yeah, Spirited Away didn't really interest me at first, and then when I watched it recently, it blew me away. I think I finally understood the whole meaning. Laputa is AMAZING too! I loved the castle<3 Nausicaa was okay, very interesting storyline. But Kiki's delivery service, though I never saw it, doesn't seem to interest me that much ;__;

Howl's Moving Castle was his worst movie, I think. The storyline was kind of bland and I liked the book a lot more :vicx:

Guest Iridescence

You know what I love about Miyazaki's films? That there are scenes where is a sort of a pause at a backdrop of nature. Or more like a gazing in a first person point of view. It's so calming and serene. You take in the true beauty of nature.

I love how he does that.

Guest precious4e

For those of you who have Cartoon Network this month is the month of Miyazaki and they are playing his animes every weekend i think. This week is Nausicaa.

Guest ~neh~long~

^that's right! ^^ i want to watch nausicaa

WOO! i'm a huge fan of him! ^0^

i loved his recent one, howl's moving castle! ^0^

absolutely loved it...

Archived